Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

Not sure if this is a simple question.

I haven't played FM since several years ago. Now, thanks coronavirus, I'm playing it for free.
Would I buy it? well, the reason I left before is because of the limits on what I can create with the editor, now I'm still not sure if I would be able to do what I want.

So, my question is if I have the editor, would I be able to do the following:

I "hate" realism. I want to create my own leagues, regional leagues, customized leagues, even fantasy leagues and have them along some of the top leagues.
i.e. let's keep the top leagues in Europe and America. No problems here.
But I want a -let's say- full central american league (combining Costa Rica, Guatemala, El Salvador, etc...), a Nordic league (Norway, Sweden...), an east asian league (China, Japan, Korea...), and so on.
Also, I want regional leagues... let's take the basque country in Spain, I want a full league with teams from there. (Extra points if I can keep the La Liga basque teams playing in Spain, and just additional teams in the new league).
In the same line, how about a new country, let's pretend there's some islands lost in the middle of the atlantic ocean and I create a country with their own league in there.
In the end, I'd be interesting in having let's say 20-30 leagues around the world (maybe more?) including all real and made up countries (because some leagues include several countries).

And, I don't want them to play in different continental cups... I want all 20-30 leagues (or whatever the number of leagues there are) to all play in the same World Champions League and Cup, I don't want some of them playing the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup, and some of them playing the Libertadores, and some the Concachampions, and so on. No confederations (extra points if I can keep the confederations for National Teams competitions, but ignore them for the clubs competitions).

Ideally, although I could live without this I guess :P, I'd like to unify calendars and fixtures and league rules. I'm not interested in having some leagues with 16 teams, some with 20, some with league, cup, and some other cup, and other leagues with nothing but league... some domestic cups have lots of rounds, home and away, others not... anyway, I'd love to have one same domestic competitions system with one same calendar for all my 30 leagues in the world.

[Edit]One more thing: For made up countries, and "regional" leagues promoted to "country" status, I want them to have their own flag and national team, I want them to treat them like any other country.[/Edit]

So... is it possible to make that in FM20?
(obviously I'm not expecting this to be easy, I'm just wondering if it's possible... in the end, if it's possible, I know I'll spend more time and have a lot more fun CREATING this world than playing it... so I really don't care how hard it could be to make it)

Thanks!

(just noticing is a really long text... is this the right thread to post this? or should I create a different thread?)

Edited by jagwar.gdl

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, jagwar.gdl said:

Not sure if this is a simple question.

I haven't played FM since several years ago. Now, thanks coronavirus, I'm playing it for free.
Would I buy it? well, the reason I left before is because of the limits on what I can create with the editor, now I'm still not sure if I would be able to do what I want.

So, my question is if I have the editor, would I be able to do the following:

I "hate" realism. I want to create my own leagues, regional leagues, customized leagues, even fantasy leagues and have them along some of the top leagues.
i.e. let's keep the top leagues in Europe and America. No problems here.
But I want a -let's say- full central american league (combining Costa Rica, Guatemala, El Salvador, etc...), a Nordic league (Norway, Sweden...), an east asian league (China, Japan, Korea...), and so on.
Also, I want regional leagues... let's take the basque country in Spain, I want a full league with teams from there. (Extra points if I can keep the La Liga basque teams playing in Spain, and just additional teams in the new league).
In the same line, how about a new country, let's pretend there's some islands lost in the middle of the atlantic ocean and I create a country with their own league in there.
In the end, I'd be interesting in having let's say 20-30 leagues around the world (maybe more?) including all real and made up countries (because some leagues include several countries).

And, I don't want them to play in different continental cups... I want all 20-30 leagues (or whatever the number of leagues there are) to all play in the same World Champions League and Cup, I don't want some of them playing the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup, and some of them playing the Libertadores, and some the Concachampions, and so on. No confederations (extra points if I can keep the confederations for National Teams competitions, but ignore them for the clubs competitions).

Ideally, although I could live without this I guess :P, I'd like to unify calendars and fixtures and league rules. I'm not interested in having some leagues with 16 teams, some with 20, some with league, cup, and some other cup, and other leagues with nothing but league... some domestic cups have lots of rounds, home and away, others not... anyway, I'd love to have one same domestic competitions system with one same calendar for all my 30 leagues in the world.

[Edit]One more thing: For made up countries, and "regional" leagues promoted to "country" status, I want them to have their own flag and national team, I want them to treat them like any other country.[/Edit]

So... is it possible to make that in FM20?
(obviously I'm not expecting this to be easy, I'm just wondering if it's possible... in the end, if it's possible, I know I'll spend more time and have a lot more fun CREATING this world than playing it... so I really don't care how hard it could be to make it)

Thanks!

(just noticing is a really long text... is this the right thread to post this? or should I create a different thread?)

I have put the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia back together. Does that answer (part of your question?). ;)

24 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I have put the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia back together. Does that answer (part of your question?). ;)

part, yes.
Now I know that I can combine leagues.
Important question: Did you replaced a country (i.e. turned Russia into USSR)? or did you created a new one (i.e. you still have Russia AND you also have the USSR)?
In either case, I'm assuming you were able to gave them their right flag, crest and colors.

Do their respective national teams play for the WC qualification in Europe?

Thanks a lot!

Hello guys, I need help from you all.

I wanted to try and start a save in the brazilian lower leagues (courtesy of Tonao's database) but the finances are all over the place, basically as the second season starts, I don't have enough wage budget to have an 11-men team.

I had a look, and the minimum wage in brazil is 998 reais/month (circa 185 euros/month) while the game sets the minimum wage to 500 euros/month.

Bear in mind, I'm no editor expert, so I'm asking: I'll attach the .fmf file, can you please help me edit that? I don't know how!

Thank you!

Brasil.fmf

On 21/03/2020 at 14:58, jagwar.gdl said:

part, yes.
Now I know that I can combine leagues.
Important question: Did you replaced a country (i.e. turned Russia into USSR)? or did you created a new one (i.e. you still have Russia AND you also have the USSR)?
In either case, I'm assuming you were able to gave them their right flag, crest and colors.

Do their respective national teams play for the WC qualification in Europe?

Thanks a lot!

Russia turned into USSR. Because it was easier for testing. Flags, crests and colours haven't done those yet, but that's not that hard.

I have rebuild the complete WC qualification, because I have build it into the 1988 version.

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Russia turned into USSR. Because it was easier for testing. Flags, crests and colours haven't done those yet, but that's not that hard.

I have rebuild the complete WC qualification, because I have build it into the 1988 version.

thanks!
complete rebuilt of WC qualification? excellent! I was hoping I could do something like that (not sure if it's what I want, but at least there's a chance)

For what I've seen, creating new "continental" club competitions (disregarding original continents of the clubs) should be feasible (my last possible deal-breaker), so... I think I'll give it a go...
I guess I'll have a ton of questions once I get my hands on it.

I'll just wait for the free period to be over just in case Steam decides to give some discount :P

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, jagwar.gdl said:

thanks!
complete rebuilt of WC qualification? excellent! I was hoping I could do something like that (not sure if it's what I want, but at least there's a chance)

For what I've seen, creating new "continental" club competitions (disregarding original continents of the clubs) should be feasible (my last possible deal-breaker), so... I think I'll give it a go...
I guess I'll have a ton of questions once I get my hands on it.

I'll just wait for the free period to be over just in case Steam decides to give some discount :P

Thanks!

You can go as wild as you want. The only thing I would advice against is splitting up nations and spreading them over other nations.

That means you have to take several files into account and it is a lot of work. Merging not so much, just splitting, not so much either (West and East Germany for instance)

Just now, Wolf_pd said:

You can go as wild as you want. The only thing I would advice against is splitting up nations and spreading them over other nations.

That means you have to take several files into account and it is a lot of work. Merging not so much, just splitting, not so much either (West and East Germany for instance)

Merging is ok (i.e. making one huge african league)
Splitting is ok (West/East Germany as you said)

Attaching some spanish teams into portuguese league (while retaining the spanish league) would it be possible? (I think, not necessarily creating a new country, but just creating a new competition that replaces Portuguese league)

I'm not sure if I understand the splitting and spreading part...
Like doing what?

3 hours ago, jagwar.gdl said:

Merging is ok (i.e. making one huge african league)
Splitting is ok (West/East Germany as you said)

Attaching some spanish teams into portuguese league (while retaining the spanish league) would it be possible? (I think, not necessarily creating a new country, but just creating a new competition that replaces Portuguese league)

I'm not sure if I understand the splitting and spreading part...
Like doing what?

I have had some wild ideas where parts of France ended up in Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, England, the Celtic Nations and Italy and maybe also another country. In the meantime Spain was also divided into three, Italy was divided into two with Switzerland divided into 4. You get that point. Dividing a nation like that, means you need to keep an eye where all data goes and that's complicated.

Moving Spanish teams to Portuguese teams will work with some hickup (duplicatie the teams, otherwise they don't work).

46 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I have had some wild ideas where parts of France ended up in Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, England, the Celtic Nations and Italy and maybe also another country. In the meantime Spain was also divided into three, Italy was divided into two with Switzerland divided into 4. You get that point. Dividing a nation like that, means you need to keep an eye where all data goes and that's complicated.

Moving Spanish teams to Portuguese teams will work with some hickup (duplicatie the teams, otherwise they don't work).

Well, I love those wild ideas, but I'm focused more on merging leagues rather than countries... (although I want to create a couple new countries and "ignore" some as well)

I'll learn as I go.
really, thanks.

17 hours ago, jagwar.gdl said:

Well, I love those wild ideas, but I'm focused more on merging leagues rather than countries... (although I want to create a couple new countries and "ignore" some as well)

That's why I went with the 1988 setup. A challenge, but much smaller than my mind came up with ;)

Hi all,

i have a question about the pre game editor.

I would like to edit a clubs transer money and some stats of the players.

But when i load the database (20.4.0) in the editor, nothing is shown.

There are no clubs no players etc, i can only create my own club/players etc?

Sorry for my bad english, can any1 help?

greetz rule

this isn't about editing, but do we have "editor bugs" thread here in editors hideaway?? 

if there isn't one, we should start it to summarize all bugs and stuff in data editor that bother us for years..

Edited by Luke Cro

Well, now I got the full game, editor included.

The new FIFA I'm leading has only 128 affiliated countries, so those are the ones that will exist in this world. The rest won't be needed, good luck.

I've already used the editor to rearrange the 128 affiliated countries in 4 continents of 32 nations each (actually, in 16 regions of 8 nations each).
The rest of the countries were sent to the 2 "inactive" continents.

The next step, is modifying the World Cup Qualifiers so that the 2 inactive continents are ignored, and the qualification is based, ideally, on the 16 regions the nations are divided, or alternative, on the only 4 continents with "affiliated" countries...

Any pointers to where I can start toying with the World Cup Qualification rules? Tips? advices? warnings?

Cheers!

Is anyone having following issue?

I set gap in editor between 2 legs in knockout round (e.g. 3 days) and in game that same gap comes with 10 days between legs?! I don't know why...

Same goes for gap between knockout rounds in certain competitions.. @KUBI are you familiar with this issue??

8 hours ago, jagwar.gdl said:

Simple question: how do I enable the Advanced Rules? (I'm guessing I'll need to do that in order to edit the WC qualys).
The option is greyed out...

2020-03-24_19h36_09.thumb.png.810cf0f8a7acf9c52cec163f3942f39c.png

You dont have loaded any rules in your screenshot-just database. In order to convert to advanced rules - you need first to have basic rules.

My advice: dont even try to edit WC quals because its not easy. You are obviously rookie and you need to learn basics first.

Its complex job for experienced editors also so i hope you understand.

:thup:

4 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

You dont have loaded any rules in your screenshot-just database. In order to convert to advanced rules - you need first to have basic rules.

My advice: dont even try to edit WC quals because its not easy. You are obviously rookie and you need to learn basics first.

Its complex job for experienced editors also so i hope you understand.

:thup:

Thanks for replying!

The editor and its capabilities to create a whole new world is the only reason why I bought this game... my fun is in creating my own "fifa" and then simulating all the seasons (keeping a close control of every season in an excel file... I'm basically a 40 year old nerd), I don't really care about "playing" it (maybe I'll play a bit, but that's not really my goal).

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, cheers!

Edited by jagwar.gdl

Hello everyone!

I'm here with a question.

I'm trying to create a league for a country that hasn't got a playable system, but when I try to add a division on the Nation Rules screen, my created league will only show up if I select "Contains Sub-Divisions" which shouldn't be the case. Not sure why it's happening - it hasn't before.

Is it maybe due to the amount of teams?

2 hours ago, Ravsieg said:

Hello everyone!

I'm here with a question.

I'm trying to create a league for a country that hasn't got a playable system, but when I try to add a division on the Nation Rules screen, my created league will only show up if I select "Contains Sub-Divisions" which shouldn't be the case. Not sure why it's happening - it hasn't before.

Is it maybe due to the amount of teams?

A competition can only turn up under the Contains sub division if it doesn't have any teams, so that sounds odd.

5 hours ago, jagwar.gdl said:

Thanks for replying!

The editor and its capabilities to create a whole new world is the only reason why I bought this game... my fun is in creating my own "fifa" and then simulating all the seasons (keeping a close control of every season in an excel file... I'm basically a 40 year old nerd), I don't really care about "playing" it (maybe I'll play a bit, but that's not really my goal).

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, cheers!

For your information, I am a bit more experienced, but I am rebuilding 1988 and just made a complete calender from June 1986 to June 1990 to map out my competitions.

11 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

For your information, I am a bit more experienced, but I am rebuilding 1988 and just made a complete calender from June 1986 to June 1990 to map out my competitions.

The problem is not that it's hard to do, or too much work, complicated or time consuming.
The problem is that apparently there's no information to guide in what it has to be done.

It's not only that I know that I'll have to recreate every single competition manually (after all, I don't care about the majority of real life competitions, and the domestic leagues and cups will all be identical), it's that that's what I'm looking forward to, that's the part of the game I'm interested, creating those things manually.

But I don't know how to start...
How do you add a competition? a World Cup + World Cup Qualifiers?
Do I have to edit the existing ones? I remember reading that that won't work, so I have to duplicate or create new ones? what would be the first step in order to do that? Would it be a good thing to start by removing every competition that comes in the game so they don't get into conflict with the new ones? is there a thread that explains this? I have searched the forum (and youtube, and reddit), but when I find a thread related to this, either nobody replied or it's already a few steps ahead than where I'm now (my guess is that if I have to take 100 steps to do this project, I could find youtube videos or threads to help me from steps 10 to 50, and I'm confident I could find my way from 50 to 100... but the damn first steps are the ones I can't seem to find).

I open the database, I save "editor data as" to don't mess with the original db, then I go to competitions... I find the WC... do I edit it? how do I add a new "international finals" competition and have it named "World Cup"... same for the qualifiers...
(do I have to extract a fmf file?)

Seriously, any help would be appreciated.

42 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Do you have any edits to the comps editor file?

no.. for example, I could add training ground for clubs before or stadium for u19 team.. now, those options are missing

LIBERTAS.png

Edited by Luke Cro

16 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

A competition can only turn up under the Contains sub division if it doesn't have any teams, so that sounds odd.

That rang a bell - so far, adding the division in the clubs' information was enough to make it work as they'd automatically be added to the division's info, but this time somehow it didn't. So I did it manually and it worked like a charm - thanks a lot. :)

Edited by Ravsieg

Hi,

Can I delete all nations, teams, leagues, players etc?

I want to keep only my own league and I want process to be fast; not interesting to see International or other league inside.

Is that possible?

Thank you!

Hey everyone,

How to add 'of the round awards' as the interval award period only allows 'of the week' awards. So maybe there is a work-around that? 

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Marmarmar

I'm creating International Rules (type: International Finals), and when I try to convert to Advanced Rules, it says "At least 2 teams must start in first stage in comp#1".

The first stage is Group Stage.
I can't add teams directly into the stage, so I'm guessing I just have to add the teams in the competition.
I've added 32 teams in the "Rules" section (specific teams, so to not mess with qualifications in the meantime), but it keeps asking for "at least 2 teams must start in first stage in comp#1".

Any suggestions?
(also, is there a way I can name the competition so it's not "comp#1"?)

Hello, everyone.

I am trying to create a domestic main cup and everything is perfect except that after the group stage, there are no seeding teams.

The cup includes 64 teams and 16 groups. So I want group winners to draw runner-ups. I was unable to do that and no matter what I do, it gives me 32 teams equal, regardless of which position they've finished the groups.

Any assistance would be much appreciated... Thanks in advance

long time lurker, first time poster - I've tried lowering player wages, however, the edits I make with wages don't stick

I'm trying to edit a lower league team to have low wages 20-30GBP per week), however, when I load game, players still have wages in excess of 60k per week - what am I doing wrong?

3 hours ago, g.a.ford said:

long time lurker, first time poster - I've tried lowering player wages, however, the edits I make with wages don't stick

I'm trying to edit a lower league team to have low wages 20-30GBP per week), however, when I load game, players still have wages in excess of 60k per week - what am I doing wrong?

It is possible that if these players are real, they already have contracts with these numbers. Contracts have real input data. The player wages are used by the game to give AI players new contract wages.

I don't know if this is a bug or not. Some help ?

I have a 3rd level division in my file as a parent competition with 5 child competitions (16 teams in each child competition, 80 teams total). Each of the childs is set as a different competition.
Due to some FA decisions some teams got excluded, so for the first season this level will have less teams than usual. From the below level I have 21 teams promoted. So, the promotion/relegation flexible rules are validated with the number of extra teams promoted option enabled (3 to be more precise) so for the 2nd season I have 80 teams total in my 3rd level. This is done by having 2 diferent version of competitions, for 2019 and for 2020 season and the future ones.

Unfortunately, the editor doesn't allocate all the teams in the child competitions for some reason. I have regional division set for all the teams in the database, but from older version I know that teams are allocated in different child divisions (no matter the regional setting) just to follow the required number of teams.

The issue is that I have to set a minimum numbet of 14-15 teams/child competition and by doing this not all the 80 teams are allocated in the childs competitions. Some are allocated at the parent competition level and these teams play only friendlies, while some of the child competition have only 14/15 teams, while others have the required number of 16.

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Good question. I don't think the disconnect is based on the affiliation. Chances are it is hardcoded for CD Basconia as well.

Okay, that would be great news! Think it would be exactly the challenge I'm looking for atm. 

image.png.61fa338da01a24f48173d2bda63a608c.png

"... not allowed to have non-Basque players under contract." - Guess that means it should work :) 

Edited by Sophomore

Anybody able to help me with this? Created a new team with custom players to the premier league. Halfway through the season half my player have the ineligible button pop up says they cannot play for 2 or more teams for the season- they've only played for my one team. Any way to edit this through the in game editor or any help would be appreciated 

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Is it possible to replicate a transfer rule/restriction similar to the one Bilbao have in place?

Nope, just the ones in the game. These are hardcoded

2 hours ago, TheHaan007 said:

Anybody able to help me with this? Created a new team with custom players to the premier league. Halfway through the season half my player have the ineligible button pop up says they cannot play for 2 or more teams for the season- they've only played for my one team. Any way to edit this through the in game editor or any help would be appreciated 

Can you check the history for one of those players? I can't find anything that can help on the IGE as far as I can see.

4 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

How about a transfer rule to limit the amount of players not of that nationality? 

Add a rule to the Club Vision signing only players with said nationality?