Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

3,614.2 MB is a lot. That's a number I haven't reached yet, even when slecting through all teams from the combined Soviet republics. What language are you working in? I am trying to see what you are doing that makes the memory usage so high.

Do you have any files open with a lot (say 10k+) of changes?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

3,614.2 MB is a lot. That's a number I haven't reached yet, even when slecting through all teams from the combined Soviet republics. What language are you working in? I am trying to see what you are doing that makes the memory usage so high.

Do you have any files open with a lot (say 10k+) of changes?

I am using English.

And I am editing a file that I downloaded, with loads of English leagues on it. So a HUGE amount of changes. But I never knew that would affect it tbh.... 1,894,291 changes!

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Can you check with a small file (just start one of yourself)?

That's a big one btw...

Yes, it works just fine now. So it is the size of the editor that's the problem then. Now I know, thanks for your help.

The good thing is, I should be able to edit everything else I need to edit within the game using the in game editor and it will be much quicker.

Thanks.

I think there was a question on the forum about removing Chelsea's ban. If you find that one, it might give the answer what the way to put it in is as well. Can't find it at the moment though.

12 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I think there was a question on the forum about removing Chelsea's ban. If you find that one, it might give the answer what the way to put it in is as well. Can't find it at the moment though.

chelsea was just a transfer ban ? not a competition ban so that is very straightforward via finances section of the club

banning a club from a comp though is different and I would suggest could be done with an EDT file 

I have banned players before but havent tried this 

hopefully we can get some input on this, it may well be added to the game in winter patch will be interested to see hoe SI do it...if it is indeed added

5 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

chelsea was just a transfer ban ? not a competition ban so that is very straightforward via finances section of the club

banning a club from a comp though is different and I would suggest could be done with an EDT file 

I have banned players before but havent tried this 

hopefully we can get some input on this, it may well be added to the game in winter patch will be interested to see hoe SI do it...if it is indeed added

Yes, you're right. Confusingly my Chelseas and Milans here. AC Milan got the European ban, but that one might be hardcoded.

21 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

chelseas ban is in finance info in editor under trabsfer ban. nothing like it for european ban

12 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Yes, you're right. Confusingly my Chelseas and Milans here. AC Milan got the European ban, but that one might be hardcoded.

right got some joy in advanced rules 

can exclude City from the UCL however the kicker is it is permanent as there are no date fields etc

any input mate?

44cc89dbe47e6de6fd228f0f1859dee9.png

21 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

can exclude City from the UCL however the kicker is it is permanent as there are no date fields etc

Create 2 versions of the competition. One that only runs for the two years that Man City are banned and has them excluded. The second to run from the year that they were allowed back in, which then runs for the rest of the game. That is what I would do anyway. 

A post on the forum got me thinking, and I cannot think of any solution. So I guessed someone may have already come across this and knows how to solve it. 

Say you want to create a joint league system for two or more countries, but you want the teams from each country to inherit the European places from their native country. Let's imagine like the thread that got me thinking. 

So imagine I have a league with 9 Dutch and 9 Belgian teams, based in Holland. I know that I can set the continental nation of the Belgian sides to be Belgium. Which (I think) eliminates them from European qualification for the Dutch league they are now a part of. So I would guess Dutch teams would qualify by league position, ignoring Belgian sides (I could be wrong, and assume we get rid of the weird Dutch qualification rules). 

The question then is how would you make it so Belgian sides inherit the Belgian continental places based on their finishing position in this league? Obviously it is quite easy to separate Dutch and Belgian side in a separate stage and feed results from the league stage. Would it be possible to have Dutch sides entering using the Dutch coefficient and Belgian sides enter with the Belgian coefficient. Or would you need to completely rebuild the European competitions to achieve this? 

The question is whether the game is able to cope with a Belgian team in a different competition, or that the game will be in 'Liechtenstein' modus, excluding Belgian teams.
Setting the Continenal Cup Nation to Belgium would be a start,

47 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Setting the Continenal Cup Nation to Belgium would be a start,

This works, but seems to select random Belgian teams. Well, when I empty and delete the first league of Belgium. I do not know any leagues like this in real life though, so perhaps there is no option in the database. What would be needed, I guess, would be to be able to pass the results of one competition to another competition.

Seems like a fun challenge to distract from the boredom of adding stadiums and regional divisions to all non league French clubs in the database (and there are a bloody lot of them). 

I configred a division with "type contract" on Part-time and all clubs in this division with status semi-professional. This seems to work well, because clubs cannot offer full time contracts to their players...

But the problem is that, by having part-time contracts, it should be possible for other clubs to offer contracts anytime to these players as if they were free players. This is not possible. You can only make purchase or loan offers.

Anyone know what is the problem?

Am 19.2.2020 um 03:22 schrieb joaquin87:

I configred a division with "type contract" on Part-time and all clubs in this division with status semi-professional. This seems to work well, because clubs cannot offer full time contracts to their players...

But the problem is that, by having part-time contracts, it should be possible for other clubs to offer contracts anytime to these players as if they were free players. This is not possible. You can only make purchase or loan offers.

Anyone know what is the problem?

Part-time contracts are protected like full contracts, you would need to change it to non contracts, if you want to have free transfers at any time.

En 22/2/2020 a las 14:58, KUBI dijo:

Part-time contracts are protected like full contracts, you would need to change it to non contracts, if you want to have free transfers at any time.

I didn't know that. I remembered playing some leagues with part-time contracts where it was possible to offer contracts to players as free players.

Thank you for your response.

I've made a custom Australian file, but I'm having issues getting the right team qualifying for the AFC Champions league.

The A-league is now just a straight league, no finals series. 

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lets take this situation:
Player has CA 150 and PA 180.
I use the editor and make it CA 170 and PA 190 without changing any attributes.

Now when i load up new career with my edited DB, will the player be added correct amount of attributes to represent CA(maybe it takes a bit of time) or will CA come down to represent the attribute value it had previously?

5 hours ago, saihtam said:

Lets take this situation:
Player has CA 150 and PA 180.
I use the editor and make it CA 170 and PA 190 without changing any attributes.

Now when i load up new career with my edited DB, will the player be added correct amount of attributes to represent CA(maybe it takes a bit of time) or will CA come down to represent the attribute value it had previously?

CA will go down towards the CA. but each season the value of the PA is used to let him improve again.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

CA will go down towards the CA. but each season the value of the PA is used to let him improve again.

Hmm a bit shame. I was hoping to quick edit of players in fm17 and hoped to just push some CA higher who deserve it and hoped that attributes will aligned to hit the CA.

Apologies if I'm just being an idiot here but... There is a drop down menu in the database editor to create and save challenges, similar to the challenges found in the mobile version of the game. How do you then actually use these challenges to start new games on the PC version? It's very obvious on the mobile version but I'm at a loss on PC, seems strange to be able to make them but not play them. 

Cheers in advance! 

Nope. You can move around in the season a bit based on what start moment you choose and which country, but picking a completely other year is not an option.

I'm editing Argentina with basic rules. The season was crossover (from August to May) and the contracts ended 06/30/20XX.

When I changed the league calendar to start in January and end in December, then the contract end date should be 12/31/20XX. But the end date of the contract is now 01/31/20XX, which really ruins my patch.

What should I change to 12/31/20XX? is the update day? transfer windows dates?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I created a new league structure in Ireland, but I also want teams (three) to go down from League Two.  

How do a create a (non-playable) league with all the other teams left under League Two? Can't remember how I used to do this. 

image.png

Edit: Never mind, just put it on inactive. 

How would I 'delete' a nation?

I want to get rid of Northern Ireland and create an All Ireland team. I want to emphasize there are NO political motives behind this, just curious how far this league and island could grow.

Replaced Northern Ireland by Greenland. The only problem I've got right now is the fact there are a lot of regens from Greenland (500-600) created once I start the game. 90% of them also have Irish citizenship and play for an Irish team.

I used to have the same problem in FM17, but back then there were only 10 of them every season. Changed their nationality manually, but that isn't an option with such a huge amount of players.

So how would I decrease the amount of regens from Greenland? 

Edit: The counties/regions of Northern Ireland were still set to Greenland instead of Ireland. Got only 70 regens right now, but they are still playing for Irish teams :(  

Players from Greenland are not the problem, but don't want them at Irish teams (well a couple is not a disaster, but 70 would be just weird) . 

Edited by Sophomore

Not new to editor, but entirely new to advanced rules.

Three questions may I ask:

1. Often under advanced rules I find multiple entries of the same league eg. LaLiga SmartBank (22 teams), LaLiga SmartBank (21 teams), LaLiga SmartBank (21 teams (fixed))

so what are they and used under what circumstances?

2. To add more teams to an existing league, is it enough to only do the following:

- (Advanced Rules) Change "Number of Teams" under League>Stages>Stage

- (Advanced Rules) Change "Minimum Teams" and "Maximum Teams" under Nation>Required Teams

- Add teams to the League under Teams>Teams/Teams For Next Season

- Fix the league where teams are drawn from

3. When I'm messing up with some downloaded editor files, for example Timo's Spanish Leagues in his megapack. There's error in nation rules.

How so?

I changed nothing, went directly to advanced rules, save, test all competitions. Prompt: Error in nation rules, ..., promoted and relegated teams do not match up for ....

That's it. Thanks!

Edited by s6b4

On 16/03/2020 at 14:56, Wolf_pd said:

First thing is check all your cities if they are in the right regions and nations. That should limit the regens for a start.

There are no cities or regions in Greenland left. Dank voor je advies. 

Last names? How do they work in the game?

Lets use Yugoslavia as an example.

Croatian names usually end with čić, ić

Macedonian names end with ski

Kosovo names have x in them, non of the other nations do...

How can I get all of those "standards" into Yugoslavia?

EDIT: How are the languages set in Bosnia or Kosovo? I can't find them in the editor...

Edited by arthmael

Hi, I'm not sure this classifies as a "simple" question but here it goes. I want to create a database where there is only 1 competition, a standalone knockout tournament full of custom teams/players which I create. Is there a template of this available somewhere, if not how would I go about creating this database starting from scratch? (I'd want to eliminate all transfers, national teams and all other players apart from the ones I create)

On 17/03/2020 at 22:02, arthmael said:

Last names? How do they work in the game?

Lets use Yugoslavia as an example.

Croatian names usually end with čić, ić

Macedonian names end with ski

Kosovo names have x in them, non of the other nations do...

How can I get all of those "standards" into Yugoslavia?

EDIT: How are the languages set in Bosnia or Kosovo? I can't find them in the editor...

Set the specific languages at city level.

5 hours ago, arthmael said:

So if I move the cities into the new country everything should work out?

Only if you move the cities AND add the languages to the cities.

If you only move the cities, the game will look at Nation level or Local Region level (if a city has one) for the language and the accompanying name group.

If you want to have Macedonian, Bosnian, Croat, Slovene and Kosovar names, you will need to set the language to those cities.

I love using the editor, like I always do with every new FM. Now im happy to be able to play FM 2020 for free and when I buy it later I can gon on with my save game.

When downloading FM 2020 I'm not able to download the editor for the game. I know where to find it normally, it' should be in the tools list of my Steam Library. Is there another way to download the editor?

3 minutes ago, Vis1980 said:

I love using the editor, like I always do with every new FM. Now im happy to be able to play FM 2020 for free and when I buy it later I can gon on with my save game.

When downloading FM 2020 I'm not able to download the editor for the game. I know where to find it normally, it' should be in the tools list of my Steam Library. Is there another way to download the editor?

I have asked for you. Will come back on this.

5 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Only if you move the cities AND add the languages to the cities.

If you only move the cities, the game will look at Nation level or Local Region level (if a city has one) for the language and the accompanying name group.

If you want to have Macedonian, Bosnian, Croat, Slovene and Kosovar names, you will need to set the language to those cities.

Thanks for the help.

The structure of the leagues would be 1>2>interrepublic league (3 tier)>republic leagues (4 tier)

In order to create the 4th tier/republic leagues would that league be based on the local region? Would I have to create local regions for each republic?

15 hours ago, arthmael said:

Thanks for the help.

The structure of the leagues would be 1>2>interrepublic league (3 tier)>republic leagues (4 tier)

In order to create the 4th tier/republic leagues would that league be based on the local region? Would I have to create local regions for each republic?

You don't need to create the local regions, but it will help you a lot with sorting teams.

Hi,

Is it possible that you can't move a player with the in-game editor to combo? (trainer/player, manager/player, ...) because some updates ago it was still possible, i like to move players when they will retire to a combo job so they still be a player.