Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another maybe obvious question.

I've edited Tahiti and have a leagye system where teams from Tahiti and some other countries all play. The teams from the other countries have regens of their own nationality, for the most part. The regens from Tahiti based teams all have Tahiti as their 1st nationality and French as the 2nd. I understand that there is historical link between France and, well French Polynesia, but I was wondering if there is a way to remove or reduce the likelihood of French as a second nationality? I've checked the nation settings, and I've checked the region settings. There's nothing obvious in there I can see to edit.

Hello. Hope this is the right thread/forum

I downloaded a data update for FM17 from sortitoutsi and in the update, Hamburg's short name has been changed to "Hamburger SV" (for whatever reason). I'm trying to change it to just "Hamburg" through the pre-game ditor, but I can't seem to get it sorted.

In the editor, I load up the Official 17.3.0 database and then with "load data editor", presumably I then choose the "Club & League changes" file and finally "save editor data". But then any changes that I saved in the editor don't appear in the game and I've still got "Hamburger SV" as the short name.

Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, Matt1887 said:

In the editor, I load up the Official 17.3.0 database and then with "load data editor", presumably I then choose the "Club & League changes" file and finally "save editor data". But then any changes that I saved in the editor don't appear in the game and I've still got "Hamburger SV" as the short name.

Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. Hamburger SV ist the short name of the club. HSV is the 3 letter name.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Nothing. Hamburger SV ist the short name of the club. HSV is the 3 letter name.

Whoever made this data update has changed it to the following (with what it should be in brackets)

Long name: Hamburger Sportverein ( Hamburger SV)

Short name: Hamburger SV (Hamburg)

3 Letter name: Hambur (HSV)

In the original database the short name is HSV where I’d like to change it to Hamburg instead. How can I edit them so that they appear in the game?

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Oh yeah, I remember doing that years ago. 

But anyway, I want to start a new game in FM17 with a data update from this season and edit that data update info in the pre-game editor, not the original data. But the info I edit (using the HSV stuff previously mentioned as an example) doesn’t appear in the game. There’s no LNC file with the data update either, as far I’m aware.  

15 minutes ago, KUBI said:

if there is already a name change in a data file, it is not possible to change it again, it will not show the change in the game. Therefore lnc is the best solution.

Ah okay, thanks. 

So can I create a lnc file and any team name changes will override the changes made in the data file? Or have I misunderstood? :D

2 minutes ago, Matt1887 said:

Ah okay, thanks. 

So can I create a lnc file and any team name changes will override the changes made in the data file? Or have I misunderstood? :D

Yes, as it does override the strings. It works even when a save game is started, just reload the save.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Yes, as it does override the strings. It works even when a save game is started, just reload the save.

Cool thanks. So I basically start a new game, edit the lnc file, reload save and bingo.

What about the lnc file itself? Do I create a new one or do I edit it in the "data\db\[version]\lnc\all" folder?

Apologies for the frequent line of questioning, but appreciate the help!

• SI Staff

I've done a league add-in for NASL in the US and although it verifies, when I check another league it says NASL doesn't end by year end update day. I can't see what I've done wrong. Help!!

I'm trying to reproduce something someone else did in the advanced panel so I'm especially out of my element.  This is not my strong suit at all!

When I play it, first season is fine, but because it not ending properly, it doesn't populate fixtures from year 2 onwards.

If I were to make an edit and say, add a new league with new teams. Will this new league and teams be in every game I start/play?

Or will I be able to select the default database when I start a game?

I'm also curious about this as to whether I were to download say, the claasen additions. Would I be able to choose between the default setup that comes with the game and the claasen additions?

Edited by Champlain85

you add editor files to "editor data" folder in my documents. when you start game you can choose between default database or you can load some file in game. sometimes you can use multiple files at once -claasens files are compatible-i think he tested all files together without issues. problem can be when you want to select 2 or more files from different authors.

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, Champlain85 said:

If I were to make an edit and say, add a new league with new teams. Will this new league and teams be in every game I start/play?

Or will I be able to select the default database when I start a game?

I'm also curious about this as to whether I were to download say, the claasen additions. Would I be able to choose between the default setup that comes with the game and the claasen additions?

Its an add in - you can deselect it.  When you start career, the top right there's a 'Database' box - if you click that you can select which files you want to have active in that save.  Only works at start of a game though, can't switch them out.

Now here's the big one. I would like to create a game that has some unique features. It would be High School age. Is it possible to:

- Have all of the players from one State? I guess that would be the "Nation?" How would I go about setting that up? I would like every player to be from Vermont.

- Have all the players be within a certain age range? Basically age 14/15 to 17/18. After "Senior" season they would have to move on or "retire"

- I will have 4 Divisions. Each Division will have their own Playoffs. I would like to to have a relegation/promotion system, but would be glad to do it manually at the end of the season after all Championships. 

- I would like to be able to have the teams in different Divisions be able to play each other during the regular season and have it count towards overall record. With that being said, would the Division records (games against own Division) be kept separate? And I would be glad to manually make the schedule every year. 

- How do new players come into the game? Would they just automatically generate onto the teams that lose players because of the age limitation? Would/could I have an annual draft of new player talent and be able to manually set the draft order for each round?

Yes, I know, not asking for much, huh?  I'm trying to learn what the possibilities are and if this could be done...then how to do it. Any help is very appreciated.

Edited by Champlain85

This is simple questions thread :D

-you can set "no foreign" rule

-when you create new clubs in editor you have "maximum years" option and i think this works in game. never tried this tbh

-you can have 4 separate divisions with their own playoffs. you cant set anything at the end of season- you set all rules in editor and game use that rules to promote/relegate teams.

- your question about overall record - i dont think you can transfer stats from 4 divisions to some other division. you can make 1 division and create 4 groups instead of separate divisions but then you cant keep records for that divisions. schedule is set also in editor and you cant change anything in game.

- game generate regens every year. you cant have draft

• SI Staff
21 hours ago, Aljarov said:

I've done a league add-in for NASL in the US and although it verifies, when I check another league it says NASL doesn't end by year end update day. I can't see what I've done wrong. Help!!

I'm trying to reproduce something someone else did in the advanced panel so I'm especially out of my element.  This is not my strong suit at all!

When I play it, first season is fine, but because it not ending properly, it doesn't populate fixtures from year 2 onwards.

I keep thinking I've found what the issue might be, but still getting that error where the NASL season doesn't finish (despite playing the final).  It's obvious I'm just missing a tick/check in a box somewhere simple but I CAN'T SEE IT!!!! Ugh. 

1 minute ago, zanbou3a said:

Hi again , I want to know can I be the team head couch and also be the chairman?

in the editor that I bought from fm inside editor , can I edit the ticket price of matches?

ty

1. It's not possible to become the Chairman.

2. You need to ask the people who made the editor, as this forum is only for questions about the official in-game or pre-game editors.

16 minutes ago, KUBI said:

1. It's not possible to become the Chairman.

2. You need to ask the people who made the editor, as this forum is only for questions about the official in-game or pre-game editors.

I use the fm official editor . and another question please. why Germany nation has all the squad names wrong?

Just now, zanbou3a said:

I was reading comments . someone said you need to update those files each time a new fm patch released to be safe. << will my game crash or something will happen if I update the game and I don't update those files?>>

Yes, but update just means you need to copy/paste it again. Those files just change some strings in the game. When you reload your saved games it will apply. You can do that for every update.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb zanbou3a:

Hi , what does mean the option " Can rename ground  after person " .. my team built a new ground but they named it by themselves . 

I think you need to become a legend as manager and than you will get the stadium name.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb DeJarnoxD:

I added managers in the editor without club so they can search theirselves for a club but they don't appear ingame?

Which nationality have those managers? You usually have to load all players from a nation to put them in.