Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
KUBI

Simple questions about editing - just ask in this thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It's a third party editor. Use it at your own risk. :brock:

well I don't think ill take the risk >>> I like to be legal always and away from headache .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another maybe obvious question.

 

I've edited Tahiti and have a leagye system where teams from Tahiti and some other countries all play. The teams from the other countries have regens of their own nationality, for the most part. The regens from Tahiti based teams all have Tahiti as their 1st nationality and French as the 2nd. I understand that there is historical link between France and, well French Polynesia, but I was wondering if there is a way to remove or reduce the likelihood of French as a second nationality? I've checked the nation settings, and I've checked the region settings. There's nothing obvious in there I can see to edit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. Hope this is the right thread/forum

I downloaded a data update for FM17 from sortitoutsi and in the update, Hamburg's short name has been changed to "Hamburger SV" (for whatever reason). I'm trying to change it to just "Hamburg" through the pre-game ditor, but I can't seem to get it sorted.

In the editor, I load up the Official 17.3.0 database and then with "load data editor", presumably I then choose the "Club & League changes" file and finally "save editor data". But then any changes that I saved in the editor don't appear in the game and I've still got "Hamburger SV" as the short name.

Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt1887 said:

In the editor, I load up the Official 17.3.0 database and then with "load data editor", presumably I then choose the "Club & League changes" file and finally "save editor data". But then any changes that I saved in the editor don't appear in the game and I've still got "Hamburger SV" as the short name.

Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?

 

Nothing. Hamburger SV ist the short name of the club. HSV is the 3 letter name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Nothing. Hamburger SV ist the short name of the club. HSV is the 3 letter name.

Whoever made this data update has changed it to the following (with what it should be in brackets)

 

Long name: Hamburger Sportverein ( Hamburger SV)

Short name: Hamburger SV (Hamburg)

3 Letter name: Hambur (HSV)

 

In the original database the short name is HSV where I’d like to change it to Hamburg instead. How can I edit them so that they appear in the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Oh yeah, I remember doing that years ago. 

But anyway, I want to start a new game in FM17 with a data update from this season and edit that data update info in the pre-game editor, not the original data. But the info I edit (using the HSV stuff previously mentioned as an example) doesn’t appear in the game. There’s no LNC file with the data update either, as far I’m aware.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if there is already a name change in a data file, it is not possible to change it again, it will not show the change in the game. Therefore lnc is the best solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KUBI said:

if there is already a name change in a data file, it is not possible to change it again, it will not show the change in the game. Therefore lnc is the best solution.

Ah okay, thanks. 

So can I create a lnc file and any team name changes will override the changes made in the data file? Or have I misunderstood? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt1887 said:

Ah okay, thanks. 

So can I create a lnc file and any team name changes will override the changes made in the data file? Or have I misunderstood? :D

Yes, as it does override the strings. It works even when a save game is started, just reload the save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Yes, as it does override the strings. It works even when a save game is started, just reload the save.

Cool thanks. So I basically start a new game, edit the lnc file, reload save and bingo.

What about the lnc file itself? Do I create a new one or do I edit it in the "data\db\[version]\lnc\all" folder?

Apologies for the frequent line of questioning, but appreciate the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Whatever you want, it is basically just a text file.

Excellent, thanks mate. I’ll try it out later. If it somehow doesn’t work, then I’ll be back :D

Edited by Matt1887

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

I have manually entered the fixtures for my league in my game in the Pre Editor advance rules but they dont show up in the game . Any ideas what im doing wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done a league add-in for NASL in the US and although it verifies, when I check another league it says NASL doesn't end by year end update day. I can't see what I've done wrong. Help!!

I'm trying to reproduce something someone else did in the advanced panel so I'm especially out of my element.  This is not my strong suit at all!

When I play it, first season is fine, but because it not ending properly, it doesn't populate fixtures from year 2 onwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were to make an edit and say, add a new league with new teams. Will this new league and teams be in every game I start/play?

Or will I be able to select the default database when I start a game?

I'm also curious about this as to whether I were to download say, the claasen additions. Would I be able to choose between the default setup that comes with the game and the claasen additions?

Edited by Champlain85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you add editor files to "editor data" folder in my documents. when you start game you can choose between default database or you can load some file in game. sometimes you can use multiple files at once -claasens files are compatible-i think he tested all files together without issues. problem can be when you want to select 2 or more files from different authors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Champlain85 said:

If I were to make an edit and say, add a new league with new teams. Will this new league and teams be in every game I start/play?

Or will I be able to select the default database when I start a game?

I'm also curious about this as to whether I were to download say, the claasen additions. Would I be able to choose between the default setup that comes with the game and the claasen additions?

Its an add in - you can deselect it.  When you start career, the top right there's a 'Database' box - if you click that you can select which files you want to have active in that save.  Only works at start of a game though, can't switch them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, this is good. Thanks to both krlenjushka and Aljarov!

So you can have several different types of games that don't interfere with each other or "make" the other have a certain customization. I like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah you can save game with some editor data used and after that you can create new save with some other editor file or default database. just use different names when you save games so you know what save to load after 10 days :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now here's the big one. I would like to create a game that has some unique features. It would be High School age. Is it possible to:

- Have all of the players from one State? I guess that would be the "Nation?" How would I go about setting that up? I would like every player to be from Vermont.

- Have all the players be within a certain age range? Basically age 14/15 to 17/18. After "Senior" season they would have to move on or "retire"

- I will have 4 Divisions. Each Division will have their own Playoffs. I would like to to have a relegation/promotion system, but would be glad to do it manually at the end of the season after all Championships. 

- I would like to be able to have the teams in different Divisions be able to play each other during the regular season and have it count towards overall record. With that being said, would the Division records (games against own Division) be kept separate? And I would be glad to manually make the schedule every year. 

- How do new players come into the game? Would they just automatically generate onto the teams that lose players because of the age limitation? Would/could I have an annual draft of new player talent and be able to manually set the draft order for each round?

 

Yes, I know, not asking for much, huh?  I'm trying to learn what the possibilities are and if this could be done...then how to do it. Any help is very appreciated.

Edited by Champlain85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is simple questions thread :D

-you can set "no foreign" rule

-when you create new clubs in editor you have "maximum years" option and i think this works in game. never tried this tbh

-you can have 4 separate divisions with their own playoffs. you cant set anything at the end of season- you set all rules in editor and game use that rules to promote/relegate teams.

- your question about overall record - i dont think you can transfer stats from 4 divisions to some other division. you can make 1 division and create 4 groups instead of separate divisions but then you cant keep records for that divisions. schedule is set also in editor and you cant change anything in game.

- game generate regens every year. you cant have draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Aljarov said:

I've done a league add-in for NASL in the US and although it verifies, when I check another league it says NASL doesn't end by year end update day. I can't see what I've done wrong. Help!!

I'm trying to reproduce something someone else did in the advanced panel so I'm especially out of my element.  This is not my strong suit at all!

When I play it, first season is fine, but because it not ending properly, it doesn't populate fixtures from year 2 onwards.

I keep thinking I've found what the issue might be, but still getting that error where the NASL season doesn't finish (despite playing the final).  It's obvious I'm just missing a tick/check in a box somewhere simple but I CAN'T SEE IT!!!! Ugh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again , I want to know can I be the team head couch and also be the chairman?

in the editor that I bought from fm inside editor , can I edit the ticket price of matches?

ty

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zanbou3a said:

Hi again , I want to know can I be the team head couch and also be the chairman?

in the editor that I bought from fm inside editor , can I edit the ticket price of matches?

ty

 

1. It's not possible to become the Chairman.

2. You need to ask the people who made the editor, as this forum is only for questions about the official in-game or pre-game editors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, KUBI said:

1. It's not possible to become the Chairman.

2. You need to ask the people who made the editor, as this forum is only for questions about the official in-game or pre-game editors.

I use the fm official editor . and another question please. why Germany nation has all the squad names wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zanbou3a said:

I'm already have a lot of saved games . and edited players . will this affect them?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KUBI said:

No.

I was reading comments . someone said you need to update those files each time a new fm patch released to be safe. << will my game crash or something will happen if I update the game and I don't update those files?>>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zanbou3a said:

I was reading comments . someone said you need to update those files each time a new fm patch released to be safe. << will my game crash or something will happen if I update the game and I don't update those files?>>

Yes, but update just means you need to copy/paste it again. Those files just change some strings in the game. When you reload your saved games it will apply. You can do that for every update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

no dont worry

oh I noticed something . what about the Clubs badges . I see all badges wrong . any fix for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zanbou3a said:

oh I noticed something . what about the Clubs badges . I see all badges wrong . any fix for that?

I dont have fm18 so i cant test anything - whats wrong with logos?

screenshot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

I dont have fm18 so i cant test anything - whats wrong with logos?

screenshot?

for example this is the English 1er league table .. look the logs . for the clubs

league tble.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zanbou3a said:

for example this is the English 1er league table .. look the logs . for the clubs

league tble.jpg

you can download logopack on that website i wrote earlier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

you can download logopack on that website i wrote earlier

ty . if you can provide me the link directly to the log pack please. and btw . why don't u have the fm18 yet? its great man a new experience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I've moved Celtic and Rangers to the championship.

Everything works except from the Carabao Cup. Can't add teams and it's not running as a competition now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys.

i am ashamed to say that i forgot how to verify my editor data on exported text.

can anyone tell me how to do it pls?

thx in advance.

Edited by mentese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi , what does mean the option " Can rename ground  after person " .. my team built a new ground but they named it by themselves . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 3 Minuten schrieb zanbou3a:

Hi , what does mean the option " Can rename ground  after person " .. my team built a new ground but they named it by themselves . 

I think you need to become a legend as manager and than you will get the stadium name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I think you need to become a legend as manager and than you will get the stadium name.

I'm already legend . I'm in the hall of fame number 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added managers in the editor without club so they can search theirselves for a club but they don't appear ingame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 18 Minuten schrieb DeJarnoxD:

I added managers in the editor without club so they can search theirselves for a club but they don't appear ingame?

Which nationality have those managers? You usually have to load all players from a nation to put them in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Which nationality have those managers? You usually have to load all players from a nation to put them in. 

Dutch, Canadian, Chinese, German, ... How to load them all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...