Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

Test Rules says promoted and relegated teams don't match. I think it's cos a B-team has won and main team is already in a division where they are trying to promote. 

Where can I chance that team that came second in that sub division can promote instead?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Houba:

Test Rules says promoted and relegated teams don't match. I think it's cos a B-team has won and main team is already in a division where they are trying to promote. 

Where can I chance that team that came second in that sub division can promote instead?

Usually this is automatic if you set that B-teams can not be promoted.

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Usually this is automatic if you set that B-teams can not be promoted.

I didn't set that cos B-teams can promote in Finnish lower leagues. Only time they can't is if they are promoting to same division as they first team. In that case team that came second will promote (irl).

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Houba:

I didn't set that cos B-teams can promote in Finnish lower leagues. Only time they can't is if they are promoting to same division as they first team. In that case team that came second will promote (irl).

You can set that too, there is a rule that there should be one or two divisions between A and B team. 

1 hour ago, outsideforward said:

So this might be something obvious that i've overlooked, but I can't figure out how to update my already posted database which is on the workshop? I've made some changes to the database and is there any way I could update it?

I had this issue on FM19.  Ended up having to delete the first file and re-upload 

Is there any reason why OFC CL doesnt pull the correct teams from OFC nations? Im tryna make a New Zealand league and am at the step i have been at 2 years in a row of recreating the OFC CL all over again to pull from my comp

i have question regarding u19 cup...

so, i have u19 division with added teams (which are visible in "reserve teams" tab)...

i want my u19 cup picks u19 sides from that division, but when i test nation rules - i got error saying that from mentioned division 0 teams have been found...

what could be wrong??

9 hours ago, Houba said:

"Error: Promoting a team from Division Three South to inactive competition Division Two South"

What? It's not inactive. Was working fine before I add Division Three.

This is so weird. I have done Finnish leagues. I have:

Premier League

First Division

Second Divisions (3 sub d.)

Third Divisions (9 sub d.)

All is working fine IF there is no promotions and relegations between Second and Third Division. Just tested. Also promotions and relegations between Third and (inactive) Fourth Division is working.

Please help...

Hi! Is anyone knows?..:

On 25/11/2019 at 05:21, qnufc said:

Is there any way to change broadcasting/tv games rules in leagues?

They are not very realistic, especially the way they are choosen.

Maybe edit some file? Or in Editor? I couldn't find it, though. 

Any help is greatly appreciated:   I've done this previously in editor versions prior to 2019, but for the life of me I can't seem to get it to work in the 2020 editor

I've got a very basic setup where I have a league stage defined for my top competition in the pyramid. I've got very basic relegation rules that are working just fine. I have defined a top playoff to determine final positions, champions, 2nd, 3rd place etc. , but the problem I'm having is that the top playoff results aren't feeding down to the league stage properly except for champion status as an extra fate. What this means is that the first 3 teams in the final league positions are being recognized as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers regardless of what happens in the top playoff. I'm using the fate actions in the stage settings for the top playoff to (i thought) declare the champion and places 0,1, and 2. Additionally, I have got the "Top teams are champions" UN-ticked in the league stage

I had thought that my problem might be due to the fact that in the stage requirements for the playoff I set that the league stage had to finish first, but when I remove this condition the playoff stage can't be setup because the game isn't finding any teams that have qualified

Anyone know what the heck I am doing wrong here?  This is really doing my head in! 

USA_v1.7.fmf

If I try to promote teams from Finnish Division 3 to Division 2 it says:

"Error: Promoting a team from Division Three to inactive competition Division Two" )I have change it to active but it's not helping)

Can it be so that Division 2 is put inactive in some other official file? Cos Division 2 is inactive in orginal file of Football Manager 2020.

If so how to find this file and how to move Division 2 from inactive to active? (editor file is above)

I am looking to put teams into the 9 regions of England with the top 2 of the regional premier divisions qualifying for the final league stage. How do I do so?

I haven't got any confirmations and no replies to my comment

Uhm.... i loaded a file for italian competitions (serie D etc); the file was working and rules was already verified. Then i did a couple of changes simply adding / removing some players from my team and when i try to test rules again, this message appears:

editor.thumb.jpg.f78700820ae3771d19f0907e0f448481.jpg

but i did nothing to FIFA Club World Cup.

I have no idea why this is happening.

1 hour ago, Aiken Drum said:

Uhm.... i loaded a file for italian competitions (serie D etc); the file was working and rules was already verified. Then i did a couple of changes simply adding / removing some players from my team and when i try to test rules again, this message appears:

editor.thumb.jpg.f78700820ae3771d19f0907e0f448481.jpg

but i did nothing to FIFA Club World Cup.

I have no idea why this is happening.

I'm getting the same issue. I think it may be that the editor hasn't updated to 2.0 while the game has.

1 minute ago, Aiken Drum said:

Oh right, when I wrote that, I wasn't yet aware of the update.

It looks like the editor is still at version 1.2. I can't remember if it updates manually or automatically but hopefully it does soon (if that is the problem).

The way the game assigns what strip the clubs wear in certain games is ludicrously broken. 

It's clear that this is something to do with the editor data ... just look at the screenshot of how the database chooses which shirts Celtic wear for neutral venue games like semi-finals and finals.

Absolutely rank. 

What some of us would like to be able to do is actually FIX THIS OURSELVES as SI clearly has no intention of doing it.

So give us the ability to change THIS in the editor, PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

awayshirtissues.JPG

On 02/12/2019 at 16:25, MWFC_3 said:

I am looking to put teams into the 9 regions of England with the top 2 of the regional premier divisions qualifying for the final league stage. How do I do so?

I haven't got any confirmations and no replies to my comment

Anyone!?

I've found that if i use the in game editor to change kits (I want to change the sock colour) it causes the kitpack to no longer work.Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've tried clearing cache and reloading skin and the kitpack wont show on the club i edited. all others show

Sad that no one helps here. They even ask to upload my file but still no help. No idea why.....

I even remove hole Division Two from game and create my own division. Still editor says: 

Error: Promoting a team from Division Three to inactive competition Division Two. How editor can say that? There is no Division Two anymore.

Edited by Houba

1 hour ago, Houba said:

Sad that no one helps here. They even ask to upload my file but still no help. No idea why.....

I even remove hole Division Two from game and create my own division. Still editor says: 

Error: Promoting a team from Division Three to inactive competition Division Two. How editor can say that? There is no Division Two anymore.

Work came in between. My boss does require I do some work for the money he pays me ;)

Your setup seems to be OK. One thing you could check, just to be sure is that you have assigned your competition to promote to the correct competition above. Maybe the editor doesn't like that.

Also, I have seen a bug in English leagues edits that some parent and child competitions don't work well at the moment. It might be that this is your problem.

Hi everybofy!

I word on a database for Egypt (down to level 3, includes generating several teams actually playing in Third Division but not represented in the game). The file works now, but I don't find the solution for some minor issues:

- Where do I have to edit which places qualify for the CAF Champions-League, the CAF Confederation Cup and the Arab Club Champions Cup. The Qualification works right in my tests (2 teams in CL, one and the cup winner in Confederation Cup and two teams in Arab Club Champions Cup, but the rules für teh Premier League tells me only the forst team would qualify for the CL and the second for the Confederation Cup depending on the Cup winner.

- Normally only 4 foreign players are allowed in Egypt, it's no problem to set this. But players from Syria, Palestine and some North African Countries don't count as foreign players in this season. I once saw a rule to handle this, but I do not find it any more. Isst in Basic Rules or Advanced Rules and where do I find it?

Thanks for helping!

Markus

Edited by Spitzenspiel

12 minutes ago, Spitzenspiel said:

Hi everybofy!

I word on a database for Egypt (down to level 3, includes generating several teams actually playing in Third Division but not represented in the game). The file works now, but I don't find the solution for some minor issues:

- Where do I have to edit which places qualify for the CAF Champions-League, the CAF Confederation Cup and the Arab Club Champions Cup. The Qualification works right in my tests (2 teams in CL, one and the cup winner in Confederation Cup and two teams in Arab Club Champions Cup, but the rules für teh Premier League tells me only the forst team would qualify for the CL and the second for the Confederation Cup depending on the Cup winner.

- Normally only 4 foreign players are allowed in Egypt, it's no problem to set this. But players from Syria, Plaestine and some North African Countries don't count as foreign players in this season. I once saw a rule to handle this, but I do not find it any more. Isst in Basic Rules or Advanced Rules and where do I find it?

Thanks for helping!

Markus

Do those foreign players count as non-foreign for complete Egypt or just the specific division?

I think, in that case you could set Syria, Palestine, etc as non-foreign at Nation Egypt. It can be found under Relationships >> Nations Treated as Non-foreign.

Palestine is already there btw.