KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am 20.12.2017 um 10:55 schrieb One hell of a keeper:

Good Morning

This morning I'm been mostly thinking about creating a database from possibly around the late 80s, and i was just getting some feelers as how complete do you think i could get it given the limitations within FM18?

You could use this database as a starting point. Merge the data or import the whole db.

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm14-legends-of-80s.html

vor 6 Minuten schrieb One hell of a keeper:

Oh wow, thanks for that @KUBI . Being a bit of newbie in regard to merging one database into another, is it a relatively less painful experience?

I found the same for FM 2015:

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm15-football-in-the-80s.html

There where some editor changes around 14/15 which destroyed some of the older databases, so this one will not work anymore. I don't know how it works (and if it works) to import or merge the data. If you have FM 2015 still available it could be the better choice to export this db uncompressed as xml file and import it into the FM 18 editor. 

OK so i created a team and swapped them with Burton in the Championship...and now for some reason the League Cup no longer works.

I'm open to suggestions as to why this is the case, any ideas?

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:56, SpurrBeeversWoodBuxton said:

(I hope these count as simple questions)

I'm about to start rebuilding the football world - including continental and international competitions - how do I make competitions such as the World Cup and the Champions League choose their host nations/stadiums in the same way as irl? Also, how do I make it so that host nations who qualify automatically for international competitions don't have to play in the qualifying competitions? (or, if it's possible, how could I have them play in qualifying anyway but make sure that the game knows not to qualify them twice and who to qualify instead?)

I'm fairly experienced with advanced editing but I've not done much with continental rules and I've never worked with international competitions at all before. I'd appreciate any guidance and if someone knows of a file I could download where such settings have been used I'd be grateful for a link - I've always learned editor stuff best by looking through files that others have created; it gives me a starting point for my own trial and error.

*cough*

I used the in-game editor to change coaching staff attributes but at some point they reverted or at least went lower than what I set - is that supposed to happen?

Using FM18 and built in editor, steam client, PC

Edited by papachungo13
added additional info

Gerade eben schrieb papachungo13:

I used the in-game editor to change coaching staff attributes but at some point they reverted or at least went lower than what I set - is that supposed to happen?

If you want to increase the attributes you always need to change the potential and current ability too.

4 minutes ago, papachungo13 said:

Thanks for the response KUBI, where would I find potential ability for a coach and other staff?

if you click the in-game editor tab up top, you'll find "Edit Staff Details" in that one, you'll find Current Ability, Recommended Current Ability, and Potential Ability. I normally go with the Recommended Current Ability, but remember, the Potential Ability has to be greater than or equal to Current Ability.

9 hours ago, KUBI said:

38 minutes ago, SpurrBeeversWoodBuxton said:

many thanks

My thanks may have been premature... I'm not seeing how the effect of choosing a host stadium is achieved. The stadium for the finals of each competition is set to "neutral." It can't be that simple? I'm hoping to get news items in-game regards bidding/selection of hosts.

If it is as simple as setting "neutral" (or it's something I can't achieve because it's hard coded or you just don't know) then fair enough but you could have said that and saved me the job of trawling through the files you linked.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Luke Cro:

@KUBI is there easy way to assign all clubs, cities, local regions, stadiums, players etc. from one nation to another?? i know you can do mass editing in editor but that takes too much time (especially on weaker machines)... maybe EDT files somehow??

I don't think so. Probably exporting it as xml and using excel, but that's something I did not done, you may ask @krlenjushka

Hi, everyone. I've finally been able to get back into playing FM again. I took a long hiatus to get through grad school and a couple of other life-related errata. I always loved being able to use the editor for simple things, but now advanced editor has opened up a dirge of other options. I've been browsing this board for a while in anticipation of diving into my own editing journeys, but I keep coming up short with errors. I've finally decided to come to the community with a question, and it seems a common one, though the common fixes don't seem to be helping. I'm trying to create an MLS structure with a simpler 6-team playoff. I seem to be able to get the teams into the final playoff round (which ends Nov 26) but the season doesn't finish in time for the update day the following year. I've tried removing the end dates and moving them all the way to the end of December. I'm wondering if there's an issue with the regular season that I can't see. Either way, any help would be appreciated. I've attached the file, which also includes the rest of the pyramid, but I'm only worried about MLS for now. Thanks in advance. 

usadv.fmf

vor 2 Minuten schrieb sargenaldo:

Hi, everyone. I've finally been able to get back into playing FM again. I took a long hiatus to get through grad school and a couple of other life-related errata. I always loved being able to use the editor for simple things, but now advanced editor has opened up a dirge of other options. I've been browsing this board for a while in anticipation of diving into my own editing journeys, but I keep coming up short with errors. I've finally decided to come to the community with a question, and it seems a common one, though the common fixes don't seem to be helping. I'm trying to create an MLS structure with a simpler 6-team playoff. I seem to be able to get the teams into the final playoff round (which ends Nov 26) but the season doesn't finish in time for the update day the following year. I've tried removing the end dates and moving them all the way to the end of December. I'm wondering if there's an issue with the regular season that I can't see. Either way, any help would be appreciated. I've attached the file, which also includes the rest of the pyramid, but I'm only worried about MLS for now. Thanks in advance. 

usadv.fmf

I think this is better suited in one of the sub forums, either basic or advanced rules.

vor einer Stunde schrieb anw:

I've edited the name of a player and the name displays in full everywhere, it's never abbreviated - is this to do with the way I edited the name?

Most probably. 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb anw:

In that case how would one edit a name so it showed in the normal way alongside all the other players?

You need first to explain what you exactly did, otherwise we could just guessing.

Thank you in advance. I have a simple question about swaping teams in the same country (between two leagues). I've never had problem, but know I am using FMF structured file of multi-leveled Germany leagues (like 7 leagues for example). The FMF works.

But when I want to swap my non-league team with, an example, Bundesliga team, I have a problem - when starting new game with edited-by-me (with just 1 swap) FMF file, I cant chose from what level can I play in Germany, it is greyed, no text like"2.Bundesliga and above".

I tried to swap, I tried to add my team to the league (in rules it says from 10 to 26 teams and now it's just 20, so I can add I guess) - nothing.

Please advise me

P.S original (working) file attached

German League.fmf

1 hour ago, drajen said:

Thank you in advance. I have a simple question about swaping teams in the same country (between two leagues). I've never had problem, but know I am using FMF structured file of multi-leveled Germany leagues (like 7 leagues for example). The FMF works.

But when I want to swap my non-league team with, an example, Bundesliga team, I have a problem - when starting new game with edited-by-me (with just 1 swap) FMF file, I cant chose from what level can I play in Germany, it is greyed, no text like"2.Bundesliga and above".

I tried to swap, I tried to add my team to the league (in rules it says from 10 to 26 teams and now it's just 20, so I can add I guess) - nothing.

Please advise me

P.S original (working) file attached

German League.fmf

you need to validate file before you can choose divisions.

test rules option

Hi.

Ive edited the Australian system significantly, but am facing an issue where there is no youth intake for any aussie clubs anywhere. My second tier is meant to be an under 23 league, setup with clubs being given a max 23 age limit (no promotion or relegation), and those clubs haven't populated at all. 

Could that tier be affecting it or is something else, and if so what?

Thankyou

Youth intake issue fixed. 

However, when I try to play the game the league rules don't come into affect (but cup rules do). ie. Max over 23 players/max foreign players etc. It's just blank where the rules section is, but in the editor they are definitely there. 

Am 6.1.2018 um 06:08 schrieb Tajerio:

I want to create a player in the pre-game editor, but I don't want him to show up until a few years into the game--preferably as part of a youth intake.  Is that possible, and if so, how?

That's not possible. You could try to set his age at 12 or 13 (don't know if it works).

Hi guys, i wanna make a custom experiment that includes mods in the editor.

What i wanna do is:

To ban all the foreign transfers in all the countries?

What that means:

UK teams are allowed only british players transfers
Spanish teams only spanish players transfers
Italian, German & so on... only players from their own country.

Is this possible? If yes, what do i need to change in the editor?

Hi, everyone! I have a question about "Always amateur" status of a club. Is this option work? Because when I choose this option for the club, in the game status of this club is unknown, and after one season it changes to professional. And if it isn't work? which options should I use to make club like always amateur? Thanks for response.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Junior.Barra:

Hi guys, i wanna make a custom experiment that includes mods in the editor.

What i wanna do is:

To ban all the foreign transfers in all the countries?

What that means:

UK teams are allowed only british players transfers
Spanish teams only spanish players transfers
Italian, German & so on... only players from their own country.

Is this possible? If yes, what do i need to change in the editor?

This is possible, but you need to change the squad rules / fixtures rules for every nation.

There is a FM 2017 file you can download and use as a template:

https://www.fmscout.com/a-england-no-foreigners-allowed-fm17.html

vor 6 Stunden schrieb bragin2951:

Hi, everyone! I have a question about "Always amateur" status of a club. Is this option work? Because when I choose this option for the club, in the game status of this club is unknown, and after one season it changes to professional. And if it isn't work? which options should I use to make club like always amateur? Thanks for response.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Did you set the status in the editor to amateur? Is the division in which the club is playing a semi-pro league?

I have dabbled with the editor before and I have a couple of questions to ask. Forgive me, I have not read the entire contents of the thread but if anyone can point me in the right direction then that would be great. 

I am contemplating recreating the leagues around the world, adjusting league sizes and playing around with domestic and European cup competitions. 

1/ Can I just swap teams about and change league sizes without having to do all the rules again? (i.e. Disciplinary rules). Or is it a case, if I create a new league, I have to create everything from scratch?

2/ Is it possible when creating a bottom league to have the relegated teams replaced by random teams? I could never manage that in the past, I always had to create another league underneath to get teams coming up. 

3/ I would like to keep an FA Cup style competition where all available teams in database can compete if the leagues with those teams in aren't created in my fantasy world. Can this be done?

Thanks in advance for any help.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb \'Appy \'Ammer:

1/ Can I just swap teams about and change league sizes without having to do all the rules again? (i.e. Disciplinary rules). Or is it a case, if I create a new league, I have to create everything from scratch?

Yes you can swap teams and change the league size without changing or adjusting the league rules.

2/ Is it possible when creating a bottom league to have the relegated teams replaced by random teams? I could never manage that in the past, I always had to create another league underneath to get teams coming up. 

You always need a "container" league that is non-active to provide the clubs which can be promoted.

3/ I would like to keep an FA Cup style competition where all available teams in database can compete if the leagues with those teams in aren't created in my fantasy world. Can this be done?

This is possible, but only if the clubs are assigned to a competition (like amateur leagues), otherwise you need to add the teams manually. If the clubs are set to a division you can just add "use teams from competition" for the cup.

2 часа назад, KUBI сказал:

Did you set the status in the editor to amateur? Is the division in which the club is playing a semi-pro league?

Yep, I set status to amateur, but after one season, club status changes to professional. I guess, no. How can I make semi-pro league?

vor 22 Minuten schrieb bragin2951:

Yep, I set status to amateur, but after one season, club status changes to professional. I guess, no. How can I make semi-pro league?

There is a contract type tab. You can set it to part-time or amateur for player status and staff. This can be set for both the club and/or the competition.