Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

Instead of open a thread just post it here.

A thread for beginners and those who just want to swap teams, add their girlfriend to the game or want to play with no or a limited amount of foreign players in their league.

• KUBI pinned, unpinned and featured this topic
  • KUBI pinned this topic
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question, that I never tried on the editor.

In terms of kit selection, you have 5 options. Is it okay to leave just the icon and text colours defined? I mean I don't setup the kit part. Will it generate random kit? I ask this because I have an idea of making my own kits and also the 3D version of it.

7 minutes ago, grade said:

I have a question, that I never tried on the editor.

In terms of kit selection, you have 5 options. Is it okay to leave just the icon and text colours defined? I mean I don't setup the kit part. Will it generate random kit? I ask this because I have an idea of making my own kits and also the 3D version of it.

Text colors are used for team colors, but it does not generate kits.

13 hours ago, basqueliverpool said:

Hi, hope im posting in right section. I would like to make competitions such as the asian premier league trophy, the audi cup, emirates cup, amstaerdam cup etc. How do i go about this?

There is a pre-season tournaments pack available for FM 2017. I guess this should still work in FM 2018. You can use it as templates for other cups too.

https://www.fmscout.com/a-pre-season-tournaments-pack-fm17.html

6 hours ago, KUBI said:

There is a pre-season tournaments pack available for FM 2017. I guess this should still work in FM 2018. You can use it as templates for other cups too.

https://www.fmscout.com/a-pre-season-tournaments-pack-fm17.html

Sorry if im annoying but it downloads as a rar file and not a fmf file. Is this why i cant open it in editor?

Just now, basqueliverpool said:

Sorry if im annoying but it downloads as a rar file and not a fmf file. Is this why i cant open it in editor?

use winrar or another data decompression tool to open it first.

Hola guys so i want to create 2 teams with identical resources in a low tier (serie c) removing all players and staff, the idea being for me and my friend to start at the bottom with totally equal resources 

is there a easy way of doing this with out having to edit every stat in two clubs?

Hey guys!

I'd like to reinstate a club that is listed as extinct in the database.

The club is Gloria Bistriţa in Romania and the ID is: 1507

There is also the team Gloria II (7545680), which I suspect is supposed to be their 2nd Team, but is not listed under reserve teams.

Do I need to manually edit everything individually, or is there a way to copy things over from another club and go from there?

17 minutes ago, kevbk6222 said:
I asked this in another thread but didnt get any response. In the pre-game editor, can you add a "transfer policy" to a club, similar to the restrictions that Chivas and Athletic have to only sign Mexican and Basque players?

no

I have a question I'd like answering please, my local non league club ( Stalybridge Celtic ) have been relegated into the Unibond division ( the league directly below the conference north ) is it possible just to download this league as an additional league as oppose to step 22 tor do I have have to download everything as I've never downloaded additional leagues before and is there a link as to where I may be able to download the unibond league from ???? 

Many thanks in advance for all help and suggestions 

Kindest regards 

19 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You need to download a file that covers this league, there are already files avilable for level 7&8 in England.

Many thanks pal, do you have a link ?????  and is there a step by step guide on how too do this please 

Many thanks 

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

Just put this file into the editor data folder (game directory) and start a new save, select all leagues for England.

Cheers for the help, please can you tell me where to find the game directory as I haven't used this before and I've never done anything like this before 

Many thanks 

5 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Kubi, can you confirm that this year new sounds go to user/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2018/simatchviewer-pc/sounds ?

thank you

If you want to replace the original ones - yes.

Hello fans, I have a question regarding regenfaces of football manager.

When the youth intake takes place they all have regenfaces created by the game. Is it possible to do it with a created player in the editor data? So it generates automatically? Tnx:)

Edited by Eljayem

7 minutes ago, Eljayem said:

Hello fans, I have a question regarding regenfaces of football manager.

When the youth intake takes place they all have regenfaces created by the game. Is it possible to do it with a created player in the editor data? So it generates automatically? Tnx:)

Created player have his own UID so you can add graphic for it.

Might be an obvious one but...

I have a custom league set up. All the clubs in it are from one of five possible countries (the league is based in country A. The teams could be from A to E).

I want to limit the number of foreign players allowed (which I can do generally) but I only want countries other than A-E count as foreign. I want clubs to be able to have any number of players from A-E but only 3 from any other nation.

At the moment I’m just able to restrict the number of foreign players generally. So a club from country B for example can have as many as they want from B but players from any other country including A, C, D and E count as Foreign.

Is there an obvious option I’m missing? A list of exceptions in the rules?

Edited by Peljam

17 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

you can add "nation treated as non-foreign" for that nation. rest will be counted as foreigners

Thanks! I was looking in completions settings/rules  when it was the nation information in the database I needed all along

6 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Hi,

I'm looking for a pack of current wonderkids to add to fm15, can't seem to find one, neither here nor steam workshop. Does anyone have an fmf file ready to place in the fm 15 editor data folder ?

This one?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=440694442

Guys im looking for someone to help me plz,im after an old cup tourny called "The Texaco Cup" i dont know how to make it for the game :( an i cant find it in previous FM games,plz help ty :)https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwimnpmBvsvXAhWJiRoKHWgPDO4QFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FTexaco_Cup&usg=AOvVaw1i5vHnMpEs-TuBZU8WNg2p

Edited by Kirklander

3 minutes ago, zanbou3a said:

Hi , I edited players skills like acceleration , stamina , etc... , is there is any way to restore a player edited to his standard quality . I mean restore everything I edited ?

In the game you can only change the attributes with the in-game editor.

Just now, zanbou3a said:

ty for your reply . If you can consider this as a feedback . please add this option it will help a lot if this is possible. ty

The problem is that the game does continue and if they would make it possible to reverse editing it could screw the game database.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

The problem is that the game does continue and if they would make it possible to reverse editing it could screw the game database.

sorry I was reading on google. I saw something called FMRTE. is this legal? and they say that we can restore in one click to the original values.