Sports Interactive Community

Hello,

The game is consistently crashing on continue on either the 30th or 31st of August 2017 on my save. I have the game on save weekly so it kept ging back to the 26th of August. I saved on 29th and it constantly crashes when I try to continue the game and its so annoying. I never had problems with beta but started a new save when the full game was released and having this problem. I can't think as to any reason why!! I have attached the DxDiag file. Please help i don't want to start a whole new game or wait for patch updates :(

DxDiag.txt

15 hours ago, WillFMJones said:

Hello,

The game is consistently crashing on continue on either the 30th or 31st of August 2017 on my save. I have the game on save weekly so it kept ging back to the 26th of August. I saved on 29th and it constantly crashes when I try to continue the game and its so annoying. I never had problems with beta but started a new save when the full game was released and having this problem. I can't think as to any reason why!! I have attached the DxDiag file. Please help i don't want to start a whole new game or wait for patch updates :(

DxDiag.txt

Are you running any custom graphics/logos/add-ons etc with the game? If so, try removing them for the time-being and see if that helps.

If you're not or doing so doesn't make any difference, do you have any kind of anti-virus installed? If so, what type?

Also when it does crash, do you get any kind of error message? If so, what does it say? 

I read some other forums and reinstalled directx etc and this worked for a couple game months. I have been svving every few days and I saved just after my last match and the problem occured yet again!

1. Not anymore no custom graphics/logos/add ons.

2. Yes and just standard Kaspersky virus protection.

3. ‘Football Manager 2018 18.1.1f1040315 has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.’ no solution is found.

Will this problem be fixed in the next update? I'm unable to play the game completely now :/

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thanks

Okay anti-virus programs can sometimes cause issues with FM and Steam. What I would suggest to see if this is the cause is turning on Windows Defender. Once this is done, if Kaspersky is a paid for version back up the activation code, then uninstall it. Once it's fully removed uninstall and reinstall FM (your save games will be kept safe during this process) and try again.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks. 

Hi Neil I did as you said and still have this problem :/ 18.1.1f1040315 (staging)

Any other suggestions?

Whats FM refund policy? I'm fed up of this problem! :(

Downloaded the new update and tried to start a match and got a new code: 18.1.2f1043463 (live)

What do you think caused this problem?

Thanks for your help! hopefully we can fix this soon

How many leagues are you running with what sized database? If within your save you go to 'FM' -> 'Add/Remove Leagues', how many players are loaded? 

Let us know, thanks.

Can you try uninstalling Screencast-O-Matic and let us know if this makes any difference? Some programs have been known to interfere with FM in the past so would be good to see if this is related. 

Let us know, thanks. 

Uninstalled, managed to play 2 matches in a week. On the submit team on the 3rd game it crashed. It always seems to happen on the submit team screen :/ it lets me play 1 or 2 games then the next game submit team then crash :(

I followed the instructions, I never had to unzip the download file, I have uploaded it to FM, Game-Save. It's called Southampton Crash 18.1.2f1043463 .

You'll be able to see I have managed to go quite far in this save as this is my experiment save while I have this bug. I save after matches so I dont lose the match when it crashes. And like I said it's usually the 2nd or 3rd match when I submit the team the game crashes with the bug.

Thanks

I assume you're not playing multiple matches in a day? You're just playing normally and on the third match (so from the save you uploaded it'd be Watford, Everton then crashing on Man City? 

I am unsure if the graphics card downloaded correctly, my laptop is now running ridicously slowly the game took ages to load up. Going to attemp to download the graphics card again.

The game seems to use all my CPU & disk when I load up task manager which it never did before.

I tried to download again an I think was successful but still my laptop and the game is running ridicously slowly!

DxDiag.txt

I went to device manager and updated my graphics card as it had a warning next to it and installed it! Its running much quicker now, I will test FM this evening.

Omg Neil I have a new error now when saving a game! Absolutely ridicoulous!!!!! I will create a new thread! Been playing FM since 08 and rarely had any crashes in those years but FM18 ive had so many problems!

Okay we've released an update, 18.2.0 - so please try again and see if you encounter the same issue.

Let us know, thanks.