Sports Interactive Community
3nkimi

FM18 - Stuck on creating Manager

Hey,

after the new Patch 18.1 me and several others are not able to create a Manager. Therefore i cant proceed to start a new career.

I remember there was a Date of Birth section in 18.0, maybe thats why?

Any ideas what i can do?

test.png

You say it's you and several others - how are you aware of these others? Is this when creating a manager when the game first launches, or when you've actually clicked to start a career? 

In both i cant proceed. I tried skipping the first time when you launch the game. Then trying to create a new career its the same.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/580-manager-man-and-generated-staffplayer-faces/

Here are several Topcis with the same issue. They all have no date of birth. Im pretty sure something went wrong in 18.1.1 because before the patch i was able to play and create.

Neil...

Also having this issue.  Brand new installation.  Cannot start a/play the game as cannot create a manager.   As the above poster, same whether upon startup or trying to add a manager if create game without one.

Have done your suggested fixes....have uninstalled and reinstalled.  Any help would be appreciated.

And just to show is not isolated...I think this is the link the op was supposed to post: 

Screenshot 2018-01-20 00.46.02.png

Edited by Maviarab
More info

Edit.  Got it working finally by reinstalling without my controller plugged in if anyone else comes across this.

Ah glad to hear you were able to figure this one out. We'll add some information to our FAQ. Thanks for letting us know. 

I have the same problem, I will check this solution.

I have a wireless controller plugged in, it is interesting that it is not being used for this game, but I'll try.

I hope it works.

Thanks