Sports Interactive Community

Files attached and not running other files as don't even get that far,i've deleted everything and reinstalled too and nothing changes.

it was slow yesterday but worked but not today.

20171108_023737_1.thumb.png.ac203600357ccf8e329fb0c3720d861f.png

DxDiag.txt

How do I delete Cache or preferences Neil as I cannot find these folders anywhere?  Ive seen instructions but dont have these folders??

Do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type?

What may have happened is when the game updated the anti-virus saw the update as a threat and caused it to install incorrectly, which is now causing these issues in game. What I would recommend is turning on Windows Defender then uninstalling your anti-virus program (if it's a paid for version back up the activation code before doing this).

Once you've done so, uninstall and reinstall FM.

I know it's a fair bit to do, but this is the surest way of knowing if the above is causing your problems.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

So I am using Bullguard anti virus and I have done the  above and nothing has changed so dont know what to say, didnt have this issue prior to the full update so what has changed?

Game is still unplayable

If you launch the game in Windowed mode does it make any difference?

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2018 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM18 through Steam

I'm having the same problem described above. Performed all steps in order. Windowed mode resolved it. Tried reverting back to full screen but fault returns. Only works in windowed mode. Even if I try to switch to full screen within the game it then stops working - in full screen mode it is frozen and I have to use alt+enter to return to window mode then it refreshes. Even in maximised windowed mode it does not work. Only in a very small window does it work. I have also updated my graphics drivers to the very latest. The game is unplayable in windowed mode due to the large amount of data it presents on the screen which is too small in windowed mode. Been playing the game a while but suddenly this happens today (was OK yesterday) and makes it totally unplayable. What is the fix?

Edited by roverich

SI admin, please assist...

Since yesterday, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still the same.

I'm having the same problem described above. Performed all steps in order. Windowed mode resolved it. Tried reverting back to full screen but fault returns. Only works in windowed mode. Even if I try to switch to full screen within the game it then stops working - in full screen mode it is frozen and I have to use alt+enter to return to window mode then it refreshes. Even in maximised windowed mode it does not work. Only in a very small window does it work. I have also updated my graphics drivers to the very latest. The game is unplayable in windowed mode due to the large amount of data it presents on the screen which is too small in windowed mode. Been playing the game a while but suddenly this happens today (was OK yesterday) and makes it totally unplayable. What is the fix?

Edited by roverich

On 12/11/2017 at 18:50, Neil Brock said:

If you launch the game in Windowed mode does it make any difference?

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2018 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM18 through Steam

I've tried all of the above.no good Neil. help please

2 minutes ago, kherlihy said:

I've tried all of the above.no good Neil. help please

Can you please create your own thread in regards to your issue describing exactly what's happening? 

Would also be worth you posting your dxdiag within that thread too. Details on how to do this here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

Thanks. 

FM18 Stuck on first loading page as well ....no solution to whatever was proposed ... 
here is also my dxdiag ... please help ! really dont want what else to do !!! 

DxDiag fm18.txt

FM18 Stuck on first loading page as well ....no solution to whatever was proposed ... 

DxDiag fm18.txt

10 hours ago, S0gr0ig said:

DxDiag fm18.txt

Please open your own thread for help with this

Obviously I don't play the game that often but tried again today and have the same problem. I followed the steps to delete cache & preferences then reverify cache before my first post. I did google the issue extensively and found plenty of references to it so know a lot of people experience the same. None of the advised steps have worked and there's been nothing new suggested on here. In 3 months since my first post, there have been no new suggestions that didn't already exist (and fail to resolve it) on other forums. The game was released less than 12 months ago so I think all players expect more support on resolving these issues. Have SI got any new stops to take?

@roverichYour reply appears to have got lost in among the others in this thread, so as always requested, please open your own thread and the SI staff will not only see it but will be able to keep track of the progress.

Hi, all.

I have the following problem. When I have an .fmf file in  C:\Users\*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\editor data the game crashes. When I have a file there and I start the game it just doesn't load and the TM shows (not responding). I try moving the file, than starting the game. The game starts, but whenever I move the file back in the folder, the game crashes. 

How can I fix this and how can I play with pre-edited data? 

28 minutes ago, shisho_bakshishov said:

Hi, all.

I have the following problem. When I have an .fmf file in  C:\Users\*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\editor data the game crashes. When I have a file there and I start the game it just doesn't load and the TM shows (not responding). I try moving the file, than starting the game. The game starts, but whenever I move the file back in the folder, the game crashes. 

How can I fix this and how can I play with pre-edited data? 

I suggest that you ask in this forum for help with this:

https://community.sigames.com/forum/559-basic-rules-editing/