Sports Interactive Community
Brela

FM18 crashes during 3D game

Hello,

my FM 18 always crashes during every 3D game. Mostly while game is running, sometimes when game stops for halftime or finnish.

Reinstalling the game, uninstalling and reinstalling graphics driver, everything does not lead to a result.

Graphics Card is Geforce GTX 750 Ti. There are not running any custom graphics/logos/add-ons etc.

FM 17 is running on this system without any problems.

Do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type?

Also try the following:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

I updated DirectX and NetFramework. Crashes are still there.

Game is still not playable.FM18_crash.JPG.ec81f44c1ccf52cce32709c771f4dab8.JPG

I use Norton Security. 

I have the same problem, also using a GeForce GTX 750 Ti, the issue seems less frequent when running on Low graphics settings but as soon as you increase the graphics it crashes again.

What graphics level are you running the game in? If you lower it (say from Very High to High or High to Medium etc) do you encounter the same issue?

Also we would also suggest trying the following:

I tried running the game with different levels from high to low. Result is always the same.
I also uninstalled and reinstalled my Graphics Card Drivers without any success. :(

Okay apologies for missing that the first time. I'd suggest trying the following:

If it doesn't work with the exceptions, it may be worth following the instructions in the second half which involved uninstalling and reinstalling FM.

I tried the exceptions and unistalling + reinstalling FM. Problem is always the same.  Now it becomes a little bit frustrating.

Is there any chance to get a solution with a FM update?

I played FM since FM 2012 an there never have been problems like this time. FM 17 was working on my system without any problems

In your specific example we need to find out exactly what's causing the issue before we can hope to address it. It may be that it's a system specific issue rather than directly related to game code.

How many leagues are you running with what sized database? If within your save you go to 'FM' -> 'Add/Remove Leagues', how many players are loaded? 

Let us know, thanks.

I am only running the german leagues, but i dont know where i can see the size from database and how many players are loaded.

Unfortunelly i am leaving in a few hours for a nearly 3 weeks  vaccation and will not be able to do further tests before i am back home.

After I am back from vaccation,, i updated my graphics driver and the game to 18.2. The problems are still there.

What can we do know?

What error message do you get now? Is it a crash dump or is it still a quite unexpectedly message? 

So is it only ever happening during a match?

And there's nothing custom at all with the game? And you fully uninstalled Norton then uninstalled and reinstalled FM?

Let us know, thanks. 

Am 17.12.2017 um 11:58 schrieb Neil Brock:

So is it only ever happening during a match?

And there's nothing custom at all with the game? And you fully uninstalled Norton then uninstalled and reinstalled FM?

Let us know, thanks. 

Yes, it only happening during a match, but every match,

no custom.

I fully  unistalled norton an then uninstalled an reinstalled FM.

Unfortunally no positive result. :-(

Okay there's quite a lot on your system so there is potential something is conflicting with the game. I would make sure Norton is still uninstalled (and run off Windows Defender) and also try removing the following as a test to see if it helps the stability:

Ashampoo
BattlEye
TeamSpeak

Am 11.1.2018 um 18:00 schrieb Neil Brock:

Okay there's quite a lot on your system so there is potential something is conflicting with the game. I would make sure Norton is still uninstalled (and run off Windows Defender) and also try removing the following as a test to see if it helps the stability:

Ashampoo
BattlEye
TeamSpeak

I deinstalled the programs and tried without norton. No positive results. :(

I'd like to say that FM 17 ran smoothly on this system until the moment I installed FM18. As well as FM16.
What is different?

Okay as a test, try creating a new Windows user on the system. Once you've done so, run the game via that Windows user and see if you encounter the same issue.

Created a new windows user and runned the game with this user. Result: same crash during the first 3D match.

What graphics quality are you running the game in? If you try lowering it via the in-game preferences (say from High to Medium or Medium to Low etc), do you have the same frequency of issues?

Let us know, thanks. 

the recommended graphics setting is "high". If I switch to "medium" this will not affect the crashes. Even "low" and "very low" does not lead to any significant changes

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Neil Brock:

Can you please send us your updated Belarc so we can check again? Thanks. 

its on the way.

Nothing entirely obvious I'm afraid. 

I asked you before, but don't think you managed to figure out the location, if  within your save game you go to 'FM' to bring up the options then select 'Add/Remove Leagues', on this screen it'll show you how many players are loaded at the bottom. How many are loaded?

One thing which may be worth trying, please create a new Windows User Account on your system. Once this is done, log into this user account, launch Steam and try FM with your usual Steam account and see if the game still crashes. 

Let us know the player count as requested and how you get on with trying the above. Thanks.

Am 12.2.2018 um 15:51 schrieb Neil Brock:

Nothing entirely obvious I'm afraid. 

I asked you before, but don't think you managed to figure out the location, if  within your save game you go to 'FM' to bring up the options then select 'Add/Remove Leagues', on this screen it'll show you how many players are loaded at the bottom. How many are loaded?

One thing which may be worth trying, please create a new Windows User Account on your system. Once this is done, log into this user account, launch Steam and try FM with your usual Steam account and see if the game still crashes. 

Let us know the player count as requested and how you get on with trying the above. Thanks.

There are 23.000 Players loaded.

Am 15.1.2018 um 20:23 schrieb Brela:

Created a new windows user and runned the game with this user. Result: same crash during the first 3D match.

As you see above, creating a new user has been checked some weeks ago.

It appears you're running on multiple monitors - if you run just one, do you encounter the same issue?

Let us know, thanks. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Neil Brock:

It appears you're running on multiple monitors - if you run just one, do you encounter the same issue?

Let us know, thanks. 

same issue while running with one monitor

If you launch and keep FM17 running (just on the main menu whilst say minimised is fine), can you run FM18 at the same time without any instability issues? 

Please try and let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Neil Brock:

If you launch and keep FM17 running (just on the main menu whilst say minimised is fine), can you run FM18 at the same time without any instability issues? 

Please try and let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

needed to reinstall FM17 for this test.

while FM17 ist running in main menu i started a 3D match in FM18. Unfortunally the result is always the same. Crash during the match.

btw. 3D match in FM17 is still running without any problems.

The question is: what is the difference?

There have been a significant number of changes between versions in regards to how the game renders, the fact it now supports DX11 plus a huge amount of gameplay type changes.

When you uninstalled and reinstalled your graphics card drivers, did you make sure to remove every aspect of Nvidia on your system first? So not just the drivers, but also the GeForce Experience and anything else which appears under programs via the Control Centre. 

Am 1.3.2018 um 10:06 schrieb Neil Brock:

There have been a significant number of changes between versions in regards to how the game renders, the fact it now supports DX11 plus a huge amount of gameplay type changes.

When you uninstalled and reinstalled your graphics card drivers, did you make sure to remove every aspect of Nvidia on your system first? So not just the drivers, but also the GeForce Experience and anything else which appears under programs via the Control Centre. 

I did it agian to make sure that everything is removed and reinstalled again. But the crashes are still there :(

Can you please try if you haven't already, going to to your Nvidia 3D settings and see if disabling V-sync makes any difference?

- To do this, right-click on your desktop and go to 'Nvidia Control Panel'
- Under 3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings, scroll down to the bottom of 'Global Settings' and make sure 'Vertical Sync' is set to off. (By default it will be set to use the 3D application setting)
- It'll also be worth checking 'Program Settings' on the same panel on the other available tab and make sure that Football Manager's vertical sync setting is set to 'Use Global Settings' or is set to 'Off'.

Try as above (in the graphics quality level you've been having issues) and let us know how you get on.

Thanks. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Neil Brock:

Can you please try if you haven't already, going to to your Nvidia 3D settings and see if disabling V-sync makes any difference?

- To do this, right-click on your desktop and go to 'Nvidia Control Panel'
- Under 3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings, scroll down to the bottom of 'Global Settings' and make sure 'Vertical Sync' is set to off. (By default it will be set to use the 3D application setting)
- It'll also be worth checking 'Program Settings' on the same panel on the other available tab and make sure that Football Manager's vertical sync setting is set to 'Use Global Settings' or is set to 'Off'.

Try as above (in the graphics quality level you've been having issues) and let us know how you get on.

Thanks. 

checked it but it makes no difference.