Jump to content

FM18: Man Utd - Awaken the Sleeping Devil 👹 !


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, wakesta said:

Does anyone use the director of football or  do you sack him?

United don't have one, I have them in the past but not got round to employing one yet. 

36 minutes ago, wakesta said:

Thanks for the recommendation cost me £34M as he had this as release clause.

Wasn't he transfer listed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First season with United and Juan Mata has won the Ballon D'Or, World player of the year and Footballer of the year, he is my top scorer, top assister, top average rating and most Man of the Matches, what a man! Still unbeaten in the league, Semi's of the Carabao Cup but got beat by Leicester in 3rd round of the FA Cup. Will post some screenshots  later on. 

Only signings I've made is Mertens and got Goretzka coming in on a free in the summer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Welbeck19 said:

First season with United and Juan Mata has won the Ballon D'Or, World player of the year and Footballer of the year, he is my top scorer, top assister, top average rating and most Man of the Matches, what a man! Still unbeaten in the league, Semi's of the Carabao Cup but got beat by Leicester in 3rd round of the FA Cup. Will post some screenshots  later on. 

Only signings I've made is Mertens and got Goretzka coming in on a free in the summer. 

To be honest Mata is kinda overrated in the FM games

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Welbeck19 said:

First season with United and Juan Mata has won the Ballon D'Or, World player of the year and Footballer of the year, he is my top scorer, top assister, top average rating and most Man of the Matches, what a man! Still unbeaten in the league, Semi's of the Carabao Cup but got beat by Leicester in 3rd round of the FA Cup. Will post some screenshots  later on. 

Only signings I've made is Mertens and got Goretzka coming in on a free in the summer. 

Where and how are you playing Mata to get those results?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've brought in Federico Chiesa, Chiellini and Trincao so far. Got rid of Blind and Darmian. Still looking for a LB and a RB really. I've agreed a deal for Guilherme Arana from Corinthians so hopefully he'll be coming soon to rotate with Shaw on the left. Any recommendations for RB? Missed out on Vidal as he went to Liverpool. Henrichs was excellent for me on FM17 but I can't afford him.

 

Am playing a possession-based 4231 with Pogba as a Segunda Volante paired with Matic as a DLP. Just about through pre-season. Created and scored a lot but have conceded a fair few too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

I'd disagree on that

Me too. Especially on my current save - 10 games into the first season and he's my lowest-rated player on 6.65, no goals, one assist. But he's usually one of the best players in the side. I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing or he'll have to be sold come January.

Injuries are a major problem, too. Three games into the season and I had Herrera, Mata, Pogba, Rashford and Martial out at the same time (about 2-4 weeks each). Bought Van de Beek - he immediately went out for a month. Bought Dolberg - he did his groin in the second match; came back and did it again. Recovered from that and immediately broke his arm on international duty and has been out for two months. Barely had 90 minutes of football out of him. I've had games where I've hardly been able to pick a reasonable first team, and had a keeper, an unfit striker, and five defenders on the subs bench. Have had to play several games with Joe Riley at RB, and the lad's done well. Currently rated 7.20 after five appearances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DannyFM87 said:

Injuries are crazy this year!  Struggling to get my head round it.  I've been told it isn't a bug and to keep an eye on my training and the medical centre.

Yeah, I wouldn't suggest it's bugged but I do think injuries have been increased in number. SI have said that the average is a few days per injury - and it might well be, but when you get a bunch of them in rapid succession it doesn't half muck up your team selection. It also isn't so much whether they're short or long term injuries as the fact that some players seem to get short-term injuries every time they play, so they never train, and they're never fully fit. And when you get a number of them throughout the squad, you can't rotate so no-one gets the chance to fully recover.

Probably realistic, but a massive pain in the proverbial.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, warlock said:

Yeah, I wouldn't suggest it's bugged but I do think injuries have been increased in number. SI have said that the average is a few days per injury - and it might well be, but when you get a bunch of them in rapid succession it doesn't half muck up your team selection. It also isn't so much whether they're short or long term injuries as the fact that some players seem to get short-term injuries every time they play, so they never train, and they're never fully fit. And when you get a number of them throughout the squad, you can't rotate so no-one gets the chance to fully recover.

Probably realistic, but a massive pain in the proverbial.

I'm now one game in to the competitve season and injuries have been okay so far only had minor when had some. Herrera wasn't fit for the match due to recovering from injury from pre season so used him as a substitute and gets injured in the 20 ish minutes he played which is out for few days and Rashford got sprained ankle against Madrid and he's out for up to 3 weeks but should be out for a week

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DannyFM87 said:

Injuries are crazy this year!  Struggling to get my head round it.  I've been told it isn't a bug and to keep an eye on my training and the medical centre.

Agreed.  i always use the editor anyway to change the injury proneness for players to '1' in my first team because I always think it's too harsh.  For players like Shaw I put them at '6'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, shaggydo said:

I've brought in Federico Chiesa, Chiellini and Trincao so far. Got rid of Blind and Darmian. Still looking for a LB and a RB really. I've agreed a deal for Guilherme Arana from Corinthians so hopefully he'll be coming soon to rotate with Shaw on the left. Any recommendations for RB? Missed out on Vidal as he went to Liverpool. Henrichs was excellent for me on FM17 but I can't afford him.

 

Am playing a possession-based 4231 with Pogba as a Segunda Volante paired with Matic as a DLP. Just about through pre-season. Created and scored a lot but have conceded a fair few too. 

Arana didn't get a work permit so back to square one with full backs. Gaya is an option for LB, Celtic are wanting too much for Tierney.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shaggydo said:

Arana didn't get a work permit so back to square one with full backs. Gaya is an option for LB, Celtic are wanting too much for Tierney.

What about Aaron from Espanyol?  Slightly more expensive than Gaya but looks like he could be quality this year.

 

Aarón_ Overview Profile.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DannyFM87 said:

What about Aaron from Espanyol?  Slightly more expensive than Gaya but looks like he could be quality this year.

 

Aarón_ Overview Profile.png

How much did you pay for him? My scouts didn't rate him too highly but he does look good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, coxy100 said:

Agreed.  i always use the editor anyway to change the injury proneness for players to '1' in my first team because I always think it's too harsh.  For players like Shaw I put them at '6'.

But someone like Shaw who is very injury prone isn't too harsh for his proneness to be what it is in game. Personally. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally just can't bring myself to use he editor for things like that, feels like cheating to me.  That's just me though.

Anyway I've had to restart my United game due to flaming crash dumps!  I'm absolutely gutted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Samuel Ferreguetti said:

How do you use Lukaku? He can't score for me 

I'm going trying him as a target man attack with inside forwards on either wing... He hasn't scored any for me yet either, mainly because I haven't played a competitive game as of yet haha. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Samuel Ferreguetti said:

How do you use Lukaku? He can't score for me 

Advanced Forward with a winger on the right and inside forward - attack. With a advanced forward - attack just behind him. 

Scored 2 in 2 in league. 

0 in 1 in super cup. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chapman7 said:

Advanced Forward with a winger on the right and inside forward - attack. With a advanced forward - attack just behind him. 

Scored 2 in 2 in league. 

0 in 1 in super cup. 

How did you do against Madrid in the Super Cup?  I scraped a 1-0 victory.  Pogba scored a screamer from outside the box inside 10mins, then I just sat back and defended the rest of the game! Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Samuel Ferreguetti said:

How do you use Lukaku? He can't score for me 

I've got him as a Complete Forward on Support with Mhkitaryan or Mata behind (AMs), a winger on support on the right and an IF on Attack on the left. Much like the start of this season irl he's scored every game, although we've only played 4. He got 1 in a 2-1 win over Real Madrid, then 1 in a 1-1 draw at Palace and 2 in a 4-1 demolition of Liverpool and another 2 in a 3-0 win at Brighton.

Early days obviously, but he's hit the ground running. Martial and Pogba also doing really well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DannyFM87 said:

How did you do against Madrid in the Super Cup?  I scraped a 1-0 victory.  Pogba scored a screamer from outside the box inside 10mins, then I just sat back and defended the rest of the game! Lol

Lost 3-1 I think it was. Had injuries to key players just before the game which I believe would have helped me keep it at a tighter score line. I didn't expect to get the victory before the injuries but think could have given more of a fight for the result than it was.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished my first season, not the most successful. Finishing 3rd in the league, Champions League QF but winning the FA cup possibly saved my job.

I tried to keep almost the original squad playing 4-3-3, only bringing in Nainggolan.

Was hit by long injuries to Lukaku and Shaw was gave me a few headaches, although Rashford did a great job playing at the striker.

Planing to bring in new Full Back and a top centre back in the transfer window. Seemed to be a lot of individual errors at the back which cost us big games.

Anyone managed to get Gomes to develop? My coaches seem to rate his potential very highly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, reillyg said:

Just finished my first season, not the most successful. Finishing 3rd in the league, Champions League QF but winning the FA cup possibly saved my job.

I tried to keep almost the original squad playing 4-3-3, only bringing in Nainggolan.

Was hit by long injuries to Lukaku and Shaw was gave me a few headaches, although Rashford did a great job playing at the striker.

Planing to bring in new Full Back and a top centre back in the transfer window. Seemed to be a lot of individual errors at the back which cost us big games.

Anyone managed to get Gomes to develop? My coaches seem to rate his potential very highly.

Yeah, I think the biggest area of weakness in the squad at the start is at the back. I brought in Chiellini who upped the level straight away. Adds leadership too.

As DannyFM87 suggested, I brought in Aaron from Espanol to rotate with Shaw. Got him for £8m plus add ons. Also, just brought in Sander Berge from Genk. I'll play him in the Carabao Cup initially in place of Matic in the DLP role and see how he develops - stats look really good.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, reillyg said:

Just finished my first season, not the most successful. Finishing 3rd in the league, Champions League QF but winning the FA cup possibly saved my job.

I tried to keep almost the original squad playing 4-3-3, only bringing in Nainggolan.

Was hit by long injuries to Lukaku and Shaw was gave me a few headaches, although Rashford did a great job playing at the striker.

Planing to bring in new Full Back and a top centre back in the transfer window. Seemed to be a lot of individual errors at the back which cost us big games.

Anyone managed to get Gomes to develop? My coaches seem to rate his potential very highly.

What did you pay for Nainggolan?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

What did you pay for Nainggolan?

£39.5m rising to £43 million. Initially wasn't my first choice, but the price seemed to be pretty reasonable, and added instant quality. Although maybe the fact that he was 29 brought the price down compared to someone in their mid 20s.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd considered selling Wilson due to not knowing if I'd have a role for him with the players at the club capable of playing the role I have my lone striker. Had him coming off the bench all season and 3rd game in hes just scored a double in the 16 minutes he got on the pitch first goals of the season for him. Lukaku has 3 from 3 starts in the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, reillyg said:

£39.5m rising to £43 million. Initially wasn't my first choice, but the price seemed to be pretty reasonable, and added instant quality. Although maybe the fact that he was 29 brought the price down compared to someone in their mid 20s.

Regarding Nainggolan transfer fee - thanks reillyg.  Great player in FM and irl.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, reillyg said:

What role have people been using Pogba in as a MC? 

I've tried all sorts, advanced playmaker, roaming playmaker, mezzala. Nothing seems quite right

I've got him in DMC as Segundo Volante - Attack and seems to be adjusting well to it. Lowest rating so far is a 6.8 rating in 4 games scoring 1 goal in competitive matches

Link to post
Share on other sites

What manager reputation are you guys using?

I'm was going to use the interntational footballer continental level instead of the global level, always usually use the one below the best for my Man Utd saves but seen it actually makes quite a big difference in the dynamics this year, so interested to see what everyone is using.

at the start with continental level 8 player soppose you and on global level only 2 players oppose you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, reillyg said:

What role have people been using Pogba in as a MC? 

I've tried all sorts, advanced playmaker, roaming playmaker, mezzala. Nothing seems quite right

I've got him as a Segundo Volante on Attack too and he's doing really well. Assists and goals a plenty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaggydo said:

I've got him as a Segundo Volante on Attack too and he's doing really well. Assists and goals a plenty.

What's his shots on target like for you for Pogba? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

What's his shots on target like for you for Pogba? 

For me, so far, he's played 29(12) and has a SoT of 26%, scored 5 and 4 assists. Team average SoT is 45%, so Pogba is poor, largely because - regardless of team mentality, TIs, PIs or role - he just blazes away from 20-30 yards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warlock said:

For me, so far, he's played 29(12) and has a SoT of 26%, scored 5 and 4 assists. Team average SoT is 45%, so Pogba is poor, largely because - regardless of team mentality, TIs, PIs or role - he just blazes away from 20-30 yards.

 

Thats his style of play and pretty sure it's in his PPM's to try long range shots and free kicks 

1 hour ago, shaggydo said:

I'll have a look tonight

Cheers, mine has 15% on target in 4/5 games 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Thats his style of play and pretty sure it's in his PPM's to try long range shots and free kicks 

It is. It's just annoying that with a TI of 'work ball into box' and a PI of 'shoot less often' he does it anyway.

On the upside, of the rest of my DM/CM players, no-one has scored more. Herrera has none this season, and Matic and Van de Beek have 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for a bit of help guys!

 

I’m trying to create my Utd side in the image of my favourite Fergie team- the 94 double side. But my biggest problem is that Utd don’t have any old fashioned out and out wingers. Ideally I’d like to sign three proper wingers and keep Martial and Rashford as strikers/options when I go for inside forwards.

 

if he wasn’t already at Man City, Sane would be my number one target but he won’t be making the move across the city so I need your help people, who would you recommend to be my Lee Sharpe, Ryan Giggs and Andri Kanchelskis?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, simonbyrneno.4 said:

Looking for a bit of help guys!

 

I’m trying to create my Utd side in the image of my favourite Fergie team- the 94 double side. But my biggest problem is that Utd don’t have any old fashioned out and out wingers. Ideally I’d like to sign three proper wingers and keep Martial and Rashford as strikers/options when I go for inside forwards.

 

if he wasn’t already at Man City, Sane would be my number one target but he won’t be making the move across the city so I need your help people, who would you recommend to be my Lee Sharpe, Ryan Giggs and Andri Kanchelskis?

Fergie’s Fledgelings

7B0CAAEF-ED95-4EB7-AF34-1B973F0DA2C7.thumb.jpeg.2ac910c79f8f3e5372bbad4f8c327baa.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, simonbyrneno.4 said:

Looking for a bit of help guys!

 

I’m trying to create my Utd side in the image of my favourite Fergie team- the 94 double side. But my biggest problem is that Utd don’t have any old fashioned out and out wingers. Ideally I’d like to sign three proper wingers and keep Martial and Rashford as strikers/options when I go for inside forwards.

 

if he wasn’t already at Man City, Sane would be my number one target but he won’t be making the move across the city so I need your help people, who would you recommend to be my Lee Sharpe, Ryan Giggs and Andri Kanchelskis?

I think you could quite feasibly play Martial and Lingard as wingers to start with. I signed Federico Chiesa as an out and out winger but you could also try Leon Bailey or Oliver Burke maybe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shaggydo said:

I think you could quite feasibly play Martial and Lingard as wingers to start with

Agreed - both are pretty good inverted wingers on the left, and Lingard is a decent choice at right wing. Also, Valencia is pretty good at RW if you can find another RB. If playing an out-and-out 442, then Mikhi is also pretty good at RW but he's better as AMC, I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...