FM18: Man Utd - Awaken the Sleeping Devil 👹 !

goqs06

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sold Lingard and Mata for a combined £90m in season 2 to PSG and Arsenal. Blooding in some youngsters and brought in Arthur and Kean also. 

Can anyone suggest or give me tips on how to find good to great Regens. It's a bit painstaking going through the youth intakes each month. Is it easier to just ask all the scouts to search in the hope they find someone?

Now thinking that Rugani, Lindelof, De Ligt are BPD and if I put 2 BPD then they left to much space in last line of defence. Probably the best combination is Rugani-Bailly (CD) and they are playing most of the time. Also some prospect Tuanzebe and RSWilliams are also CD so they can play along side BPD.

Bottom line-must sell Lindelof in the summer

7 hours ago, AJJ said:

Sold Lingard and Mata for a combined £90m in season 2 to PSG and Arsenal. Blooding in some youngsters and brought in Arthur and Kean also. 

Can anyone suggest or give me tips on how to find good to great Regens. It's a bit painstaking going through the youth intakes each month. Is it easier to just ask all the scouts to search in the hope they find someone?

Set your scouting focus to "young". Perhaps change availability from "Typically" to "All" in order to show the best academy intakes from big clubs who wouldn't be easily inclined to sell (every player has a price though, except perhaps if you're buying from Liverpool). 

4 hours ago, milan_manutd said:

Now thinking that Rugani, Lindelof, De Ligt are BPD and if I put 2 BPD then they left to much space in last line of defence. Probably the best combination is Rugani-Bailly (CD) and they are playing most of the time. Also some prospect Tuanzebe and RSWilliams are also CD so they can play along side BPD.

Why would BPD leave space? The role makes their passing riskier, it doesn't make them run out of position. I do like the CD-BPD combination though - I've had Bailly as CD (originally Stopper, then just Defend) and Lindelof as BPD (Cover) in my centre of defence for two and a half seasons now, and they've been outstanding. Have you thought about perhaps giving LIndelof a midfield role if he's not working for you? The guy can pretty much do anything, only his shooting attributes are lacking. 

5 hours ago, milan_manutd said:

Have you thought about using lindelof at right back, unless you have already brought in a right back to replace Valencia. In my 2nd season, I couldn’t find any right backs I liked, so played lindelof right back all season and was excellent.

5 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Why would BPD leave space? The role makes their passing riskier, it doesn't make them run out of position. I do like the CD-BPD combination though - I've had Bailly as CD (originally Stopper, then just Defend) and Lindelof as BPD (Cover) in my centre of defence for two and a half seasons now, and they've been outstanding. Have you thought about perhaps giving LIndelof a midfield role if he's not working for you? The guy can pretty much do anything, only his shooting attributes are lacking. 

They leave space because their role is less rigid then CD or DCB. You expect  from BPD to play more freely, don't you? To play more with ball not just to strike ball 40meters away from own goal. Even sometimes you expect from BPD to start attacks.

Must leave Lindelof situation for awhile because I almost have heart attack after game like this :D

Man Utd v Real Madrid_ Match Review.jpg

man utd real.jpg

4 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Have you thought about using lindelof at right back, unless you have already brought in a right back to replace Valencia. In my 2nd season, I couldn’t find any right backs I liked, so played lindelof right back all season and was excellent.

Yes, I have Alex Pinto on RB and even Jones or Zeca. Lindelof start against Real in first game as BPD and after poor display of Pinto I bring Rugani on BPD and put Lindelof on RB - he finished with 6.1 ratting. As I said I will try to gain 70-80mil£ for him and I think that is quite money.

Just finished my first season with Man Utd, and was fairly successful. I've been using a tweaked version of Cleon's 5-3-2 from the "Forged In Steel" thread, and found that the formation is ideal for the players already at the club. 

We celebrated a Premier League and Carabao Cup double. We suffered from considerable injury problems, which led to us nearly losing our 10 point lead in the title race, and caused us to crash out of the Champions League (4-3 to eventual finalists Chelsea), and the FA Cup (2-1 to QPR, going down to 10 men, having lost four players to injury!)

Transfers In - Season 1
Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham) - £16.75 mill - Potentially a 5 star player who will be the long-term starter in my LWB slot. Rotated with Shaw this year.
Dario Maresic (SK Sturm Graz) - £1.3mill - Again, a potential 5 star. Managed around 10 games, and a 7.00+ average rating. Not bad for a 17yo!
Florian Gineste (Free Agent) - £0 - A regen, who I spotted on trial at Monaco. Was naturally a LB, but I have retrained to be a natural striker due to his stats. Potential star, but has a Temperamental personality, and won't accept tutoring.

Transfers Out - Season 1
Daley Blind (Monaco) - £51 mill - Started the season at LWB, and even managed to make the World XI Subs Bench! Constantly complained about regular first team football, new contracts and leaving for "bigger clubs". Its a shame, as he was very good, but was a pain in the arse, and £51mill is a hell of a lot of money for him. 

Marouane Fellaini (Lazio) - £0 - Probably could have got money for him at the start of the season, but wouldn't sign a new contract, nor was he getting regular games for me. Let him go to Lazio, who quite oddly signed him on a 1 year deal. I could have re-signed him for free on less wages, but thought better!

Marcos Rojo (Quanjian) - £26.5 mill - Decent, if unspectacular. Never really forced his way into the team following his injury, so was happy to let him go for decent money. 

Transfers In - Season 2
Willem Geubbels (Lyon) - £4 mill - Absolute steal for one of the best young players in the game!
Mateo Kovacic (Real Madrid) - £32.5mill - Was eyeing a new midfielder to replace Carrick and this chap was on the transfer list following a spat with Carlo Ancelotti. No brainer at that price!
Dele Alli (Tottenham) - £43mill - My original midfield target. Spent the full season unsettling him, and managed to get him for a fairly nice price!
Arjen Robben (Bayern) - £0 - Can't say no to a bargain! Will fulfil the now-retired Zlatan's role of elder reserve striker. Similarly carries the fairly rare "Perfectionist" personality. Ideal for a bit of tutoring!
Nick Pope (Burnley) - £1.1mill - Was on the transfer list all season, with his asking price eventually dropping from £15mill! Appears to be a very decent back-up keeper!

Transfers Out - Season 2
Sam Johnson (Stoke) - £3.7mill - Not needed with Pope and the rapidly developing Joel Pereira.
Ashley Young (Huddersfield) - £1mill - Good squad player, but wanted a new challenge and was on a stupid wage.
Matteo Darmian (Spartak Moscow) - £21.5mill - Got sent off in the first 20mins of his first game. Was in the bad-books ever since. Not really needed as I have Sessengon and a newly retrained Lingard as backup in the Wingback slots. 
Sergio Romero (Bournemouth) - £8.25mill - Wanted to leave for regular football. Can't really blame him.

Attached images
- Typical Line Up (Season 1) - the front pairing was heavily rotated, with Lukaku, Rashford, Sanchez and Martial all hitting 20+ goals. A retrained Juan Mata would also rotate with Herrera (Mata moved to CM(A), Matic to CAR(S), Pogba to DLP(S)).
- Transfers (Season 1)
- Transfers (Season 2)

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 17.41.52.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 17.40.41.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 17.40.29.png

@Spiegel Great work! I've had previous struggles getting three at the back to work on this FM, nice to see it working well with my favourite team.

Would you be able to post a screenshot of Sessegnon? I'm interested to see if he got any sort of a bump in the new database (I have him for my team and he's only 3 star potential - 2 gold 1 black) given his outstanding form in real life. 

Just started my first season with the mighty Utd, 11 games in and won 10 but lost the first in Super Cup to Real Madrid 2-0!!

Since then i have readjusted my tactics and the team seem to be improving although still having some problems getting the best out of Lukaku and Pogba, I've tried Pogba as Mezzala but switched him to Roaming PM S and am using Lukaku as CF A.

Also went a bit crazy in the first transfer market, selling a lot of the dead wood and bringing in a load of potential superstars so this might be the reason for the team to not be playing to their full potential yet. I decided to try a 4-1-2-2-1 (2 wide attacking mids a new tactic for me this year) and decided a complete overhaul of the squad would be something i would try with the emphasis on youth.  As my tactic has no position for a no:10 role and due to his lack of pace i sold Mata to Real to £40 mill and then Matic, Sanchez and Herrera for ridiculous money after offering them to other teams along with a a large number of other players i decided i would not want in the long term or do not make the grade. Can't believe i negotiated Bayern to offer the £90 mill i asked for Sanchez or Napoli giving £60 mill for Matic especially when their starting transfer budgets are not that high if you choose to start with them??? this gave me a huge amount of room in wage budget which i adjusted right down to create extra transfer money. 

I also bought in some golden oldies on free transfers for 1 season to help with the tutoring of the younger players as i found i had sold all the options i had apart from Carrick and Ibra, I'm not expecting any of them to play any part during the season so might get some problems as it progresses and will have to rotate the squad regularly to try and keep everyone happy :) thats probably going to be the biggest challenge as well as well as trying to keep a core of regular players together to ensure a successful season.

Saying this though it has given me the opportunity to try and put together a squad to dominate the next 10-15 years including some youngsters i picked up on youth contracts so only compensation payments to pay, we'll see how i can get them to progress over the next few years. Its something i have always struggled a little with in previous FM's. Have also overseen a complete overhaul of the clubs staffing and filled up all staffing roles with all 3 teams with all but one aspect now being coached at 4 star or above!

1st transfer window below:

5ac3899d18825_ScreenShot2018-04-03at15_29_51.thumb.png.0ae34925675d62f8c540e8ab20bbd553.png

1st Team squad:

5ac38e62e2cd1_ScreenShot2018-04-03at16_22_57.thumb.png.d67e986599e2ad6671f4e127b31d690f.png

As i have now maybe foolishly blown the whole transfer budget for the season i have no plans for the Jan transfer window and am instead planning my moves for the summer already and considering how best to unsettle those i have targeted. I am planning to bring in a new RB as Valencia's long term replacement and will have Fosu-Mensah as the back up, i will also probably sell Zeca although his versatility as both RB & LB is very useful especially with Luke Shaw's injury concerns but might change my mind as the season progresses and decide to move on Shaw if he continues to get injured and consider K.Tierney as a replacement.

I will probably look to move on Lindelhof as he isn't as strong in the air as i am looking for and also want a left footer in the central defence to partner E.Bailly / P.Jones with De Light as back up, M.Sarr i don't see as being ready to be a first team starter just yet, but am also considering trying to land John Stones as my BPD as he's one of the best in the game and more importantly English and my RB targets are both Liverpool players, either Joe Gomez or Alexander-Arnold!! I have already declared them as targets in public to begin trying to unsettle them for the summer, and finally i might consider replacing Lukaku and give more opportunities to Rashford and Dolberg to make a claim as first choice and bring in another under 21 as a third choice rotational striker unless his performances pick up dramatically and Ibra, Pirlo, Carvalho and Carrick will all also be leaving at the end of the season although both Ibra and Carrick are taking coaching courses so could possibly remain with us.

2019/20 - Cristiano Conquers All! (Brexit Edition) 

So when I last posted I had done a risky thing and resigned the one and only Cristiano Ronaldo, prompting the entire transfer rumours industry to go bust as they could no longer print that he was coming back. Raheem Sterling also joined from rivals City (having previously also played for Liverpool) in a storm of controversy. I decided to make my own tactics after previously iterating on those of others. So our strongest lineup was this:

5ac42a7ca4527_ScreenShot2018-04-04at02_29_13.thumb.png.65f7ab565aa20a29ac17fcfc563eda9d.png

Tuanzebe usurped Matic due to two factors: Matic getting an automatic red for no reason against Barcelona, killing our momentum in what could have been a legendary comeback, and I was worried that Tuanzebe was never going to get into the team as a CB as Phil Jones no longer has injury problems and Lindelof-Bailly is like having a force field in front of the goal.

I'm really happy with how this tactic worked overall, minimal instructions but most of our goals were counter-attacks as we conceded possession (often having under 40% in big games) but with Lingard, Pogba and Martial carrying the ball forward at speed (or alternatively a long ball to Lukaku) we were devastating, some of my highlights reminded me of Mourinho's Madrid. Lingard at CM was a gamble but it paid off outstandingly, honestly one of my favourite players on FM he's so intelligent he can do anything. Martial as a winger (Crossing - 9) was also outstanding. So, to the competitions!

Community Shield

Pre-Ronaldo a reserve lineup (the assistant had knackered all the best players in pre-season and I didn't want to lose anyone) drew 1-1 then failed to score in the penalty shootout. I wouldn't care at all if it hadn't been a derby but yeah, irritating.

Champions League 

We topped our group unbeaten with 14 goal difference, and were rewarded with a tie against Barcelona! We were in unbeatable form at the time but in the first leg, our 7th game of February we went down 5-1 at Camp Nou, an early Messi free kick setting them on their way as Ronaldo got a 5.5. In the second leg Pogba was awful but Ronaldo hit a hat-trick and with 10 minutes to go momentum was with us, the great comeback in CL history was on! So Matic decided to go in two-footed moments after Barca kicked off when there was absolutely no threat. 3-1 was not a good enough result so we were out at the earliest stage of my nascent United career. 

Carabao Cup

Scunthorpe, Chelsea, Brighton and Spurs were batted aside before we faced Bournemouth in the final. A lacklustre 1-1 followed by a 3-0 penalty win, all the players gassed as this was immediately after the Barcelona game and the entire squad were in the red zone so I dropped the tempo and got us through unscathed. 

F.A. Cup

Blackpool (7-1), Everton (3-1), Newcastle (0-0, 2-0), and Tottenham (4-1) put us on our way to redemption after my previous late-stage failures in this tournament. We faced Arsenal in the final, only a week after being defeated 3-0 by them in the PL, and I was worried as Jurgen Klopp's arrival had seen a great uptick in form. A 5th minute Ronaldo strike was not followed up, and Andre Silva's 43rd minute equaliser had me worried we might be about to throw it, but Lukaku put us in front on 80 minutes then iced the cake in injury time. 3-1 and the oldest club trophy in the world was won!

Premiership

After the damp squib of an opener in the Community Shield I need a fast start to turn confidence around, and boy did the players respond. In our first 10 games we scored 27 whilst conceding only 2 and that was pretty much the pattern set for the season as we racked up some outstanding results including putting 7 past Burnley, 6 past Huddersfield, 5 past Liverpool, Spurs, Hull, Leicester (home and away) and four past Wolves, Brighton and Bournemouth - the latter 4-1 result clinching the title on 18th April. At this point an unbeaten season was still on the cards, however Arsenal of all people ended our run at 45 games on the 2nd last game of the season. I was still appalled when we then also lost at newly promoted Newcastle, who finished 5th. Crystal Palace amazingly were the only ones not to concede 2 or more to us (1-0, 1-1). Overall we scored 101 goals (only 2 short of the Babes' record in 1956-7!!) and conceded only 22, finishing on 100 points, 14 clear of 2nd placed Liverpool on 86. Anyway, we set the following records:

Most points (100) - Club and League record

Most wins (32) - Club and League record

Fewest losses (2) - Club record

Most games without losing (45) - Club record, I count this although it doesn't show in the save as Fergie did it from 24th December '98 to 3rd October '99. Its only right the game defers to a team who also won the CL. 

De Gea's 23 clean sheets, Martial's 16 assists and Lukaku's 7.92 average rating are also in-game records but they're only valid from the start of the save and I don't have the time to find out if anyone might have kept more clean sheets.

An Aside

5ac42fe7781dc_Mourinhoinafeck.thumb.png.cbad25e5cbbecaee32077f3e4b32d728.png

All through the season Mourinho gave the same response to questions about my tactics (even though as I said earlier, the real-life teams we are most reminiscent of are his 2011-12 Madrid side and the 07-09 counter-attacking United vintage, and not just because both have CR7). Baffling, I guess maybe he was just jealous of me managing to win a title with the lowest possession average in the league (44.58%), most goals (101), most set piece goals (11 corners, 1 dfk, 6 ifk), 2nd lowest pass completion (75% only Burnley were worse), fewest passes completed, best defensive record (0 conceded from corners and only 1 from ifks too), 0 penalties conceded, and the lowest net transfer spend (£136m profit) - in my own words, "I won the league by parking an old-timey Routemaster and equipping it with a gatling gun", which is a rather Mourinho-like way of winning.  Jealousy does suit him though. 

Some player stats

Cristiano Ronaldo -  41(5) apps, 26 goals, 20 assists - his league total of 19 in 32 being his worst since...18 in 33 in 2008/9. Clearly, an abysmal failure of a transfer.

Harry Kane - 24(14) apps, 25 goals, 7 assists

Romelu Lukaku - 34(1) apps, 28 goals, 18 assists

Anthony Martial - 34(4) apps, 13 goals, 23 assists

Paul Pogba  - 41(5) apps, 10 goals, 6 assists - his first double-figures season since leaving Juventus!

Marcus Rashford - 18(17) apps, 15 goals, 10 assists - the main casualty of Ronaldo's joining performed oustandingly and never complained when out of the side. Top man.

Youth screenshots

5ac436fc4fbb1_ScreenShot2018-04-04at03_22_18.thumb.png.2d6a6cbbf5631b9ff488349ddf2d98b5.png

Poor Scott just never got enough games, so he'll be leaving despite my preference for tall players. I'm hoping if the right club comes in for him he can appear for Scotland.

5ac436fa2f103_ScreenShot2018-04-04at03_21_57.thumb.png.983e51968b92063a91a0e835b4631165.png

A few knocks in central midfield gave Aliou Traore his chance, making him the 3rd youngster I've given a debut to, and he's performed to a high level. I'll be looking to either give him game time or loan him next year. Annoyed that he doesn't have a PL winners medal as he hadn't made 10 appearances when we won the title even though there were 5 games to go. 

5ac436f803dc5_ScreenShot2018-04-04at03_21_40.thumb.png.1dd28f7ce53c478cea7b20854c97b5f2.png

Angel Gomes performed so well I wondered why I had bought Sterling (I know why - because he can last 90 minutes). Like Traore I don't understand how he doesn't have 2 PL winners medals, if I achieve my No. 1 transfer target he'll be getting loaned otherwise he'll be remaining a rotation player in the first team. He was tutored by Ronaldo so I'm hoping he'll gain a lot through training.

5ac436f59357a_ScreenShot2018-04-04at03_21_28.thumb.png.bd5e7858b6394e81a505ee3de91e64d8.png

Truly established in the first team now, Axel made 38 apps in all competitions and by the end of the season had placed himself as my No. 1 DM for the foreseeable future. I play an Anchor Man so his vision is no issue, and as mentioned earlier Phil Jones' having only missed 12 days in 3 seasons meant I had three superior options at CB. 

Going forward

I have £389m to spend and £836k per week to give to my signings going forward and after we somehow avoided penalisation under the PL's FFP rules for wage rise (despite at the end of the season still only having the 3rd highest salary after giving new contracts to a lot of first-teamers) the goal posts will be shifted in terms of how much I can get away with this time. With that in mind, there's only one guy I want:

5ac43a50602a9_ScreenShot2018-04-04at03_36_37.thumb.png.a153bc8b0d51408059993d539c038b27.png

Yeah, my answer to the Messi vs. Ronaldo debate (Messi is the better natural footballer, akin to Pelé, whilst Ronaldo is "a freak of nurture", to anyone ignorant of the role of genetics possibly the best advert for "try your best and you will succeed" and thus I admire him in a different way) is to attempt to unite them! I set him as my top target a while back and was starting to unsettle him (shockingly, Ronaldo was unwilling to promote the move in the press, no idea why) he injured his achilles tendon and was out for 3 months. I've been keeping an eye on him and as of yet he hasn't declined in any way - should this remain the case I truly believe I can have him. I'm hoping by dropping Martial to the bench and playing him in his preferred role as Advanced Playmaker on the right flank I can add a bit of variation to our attack - rather than always looking to Lukaku players will be inclined to play it right as well. 

Other than that the only certain action I will take is to move on McTominay. If Messi does join the knock-on effects will be moving on Sterling permanently and finding a good loan for Angel Gomes. If he doesn't come it depends if I decide to spend a world-economy-re-orienting amount of money on one of Neymar or Mbappe or if I just stick with what I have. 

Sorry for the long post guys!

My season 3 transfers were:

5ac48ede686b7_season3transfers.thumb.jpg.7f784b6ecaa37f05edf31cbffabfdc5d.jpg

It was a simple summer with only Romero really leaving and a few of the younger players that just didn't cut it. Geubbels out on loan to try get him more 1st team football.

As much I've been scouting and talking in the media about Dybala, I didn't plan on getting him, but in the end I just couldn't resist and brought him. It does overload me a little in attacking players but I will fit them all in.

We have won the community shield beating man city 2-1, and we have won our 1st 3 league games.

has anyone had any luck developing Ro-Shaun Williams? I've had him tutored almost constantly since the start of the game yet he's still like this:

5ac6baae0302d_ScreenShot2018-04-06at01_08_54.thumb.png.77223f70f9631e71462cb1cd5f0caf82.png

His most recent tutor being Antonio Valencia for 6 months yet no change in his determination, and its clearly holding back the rest of his development both in terms of his attitude to training and me not feeling ready to loan him (game time being vital after 18). I'm going to loan him out and hope his personality changes (it can happen) but I'm just curious if others have had a similar experience with him.

The only other player I couldn't get tutored was Luke Shaw - he has poor relationships with all of the players so can't even pass on his 12 determination either.

@sedge11 how much you paying Dybala? Barcelona wouldn't budge on Messi even when he was injured so I changed tactic but he was wanting £425k per week and the board won't let anyone other than Ronaldo earn over £350k/week. I'm guessing as you're earlier in his demands may be lower? (Madrid's accepted bid probably didn't help but they're only paying him £300k/week).

EDIT: winning the transfer window = bid on a player just to annoy Arsenal, delay the move by a year so he'll effectively fill the gap left by his idol (Ronaldo, who I asssume will retire at the end of the season as he's begun to decline).

5ac6c63b163e7_ScreenShot2018-04-06at01_57_19.thumb.png.067d0dfde5affc5d2ef57d31de943912.png

On 4/6/2018 at 01:13, zlatanera said:

@sedge11 how much you paying Dybala? Barcelona wouldn't budge on Messi even when he was injured so I changed tactic but he was wanting £425k per week and the board won't let anyone other than Ronaldo earn over £350k/week. I'm guessing as you're earlier in his demands may be lower? (Madrid's accepted bid probably didn't help but they're only paying him £300k/week).

I paid 97mil for him and had 50% of profit from sale in the deal as well, obviously I don't plan on selling him. 

This is the contract I got him on.

5ac872ef6952c_dybalacontract.thumb.jpg.703eb2c4f3770e092480e19b457534c5.jpg

So season had started amazing, we had a tough champs league group of Lazio, Shakhtar and Athletico Madrid and won all 6 games, we were battering teams regularly winning by 4 or 5 in the league and were unbeaten in our 1st 13 games. But we have hit a bad run of form.

5ac873182c5b4_badrun.thumb.jpg.0466af77f6b5fdb5c43ed109733460b5.jpg 5ac8731eed60e_tableseason3.jpg.42200fbee9afc0b9190ca3d49a942118.jpg

So we are now 8 points off the top and are struggling to retain our title, we have had alot of injuries which hasn't helped, with Herrera and Valencia out long term, plus we have had Romagnoli, Chiellini, Pogba, Rashford, Dybala, Tuanzebe and Gomes all have injuries of a month or more at certain points.

These are the injuries we still have.

5ac8757d72602_injuriesatthemoment.thumb.jpg.c5a3180ed9a90009519e8640407817c1.jpg

Even with the bad run, to show how well we have done, we still have 6 of the top 10 average ratings, Lukaku and Martial at the top of the assists chart, Lukaku in the top 3 goal scorers and De Gea with the most clean sheets. So hopefully we can turn this round and catch Chelsea.

EDIT: Oh and just to add we have also had Lindelof and Rose sent off in the last 3 games so both are suspended to add to the injuries.

Damn that's a nightmare man! 

I'm thinking of revisiting the Poacher challenge, most likely in Serie A, so I thought I'd just leave an update of where I'd got to so far (I feel this save is the one I'll just keep going back to whenever I tire of the one I had been playing). in terms of competitions:

Premier League

12 games, 29 points (three clear of City) having played all of the "big clubs" - a wildcard is Angel Gomes' current (loan) home Stoke City up in 4th. We've been nothing like as invulnerable as last season but we still have 7 clean sheets, and one of our draws would have been a win only I responded to the Leicester manager's criticism of my domestic bias by playing an entirely British lineup and we failed to score. 

Carabao Cup

Reserve team dispatched Portsmouth then went down 3-1 at Everton. I think this tournament contributed to my early CL exits in 1st and 3rd seasons so no sadness there.

Champions League

Qualified with two games to spare from a tough group (Dortmund, Porto, Lazio) currently sitting 2nd three points behind my final opponent Dortmund who I can overtake with a home win. Interestingly, Romelu Lukaku is being led in the scorers chart by future signing Memphis! Although 1 of his 6 goals was a qualifier so they're effectively level in terms of golden boot rankings. 

In terms of transfers there were only two major moves - Raheem Sterling moved on to Vigo for £30.5m (a solid £4m profit for a bit-part player on £150k wages) and as Barcelona refused to budge on Messi, not even doing ridiculous counter-offers as some clubs do, I shifted my focus and landed Dele Alli for a cool £70m! I promoted one youngster at the start of the season, Defensive Fullback Nathan Smith, as Valencia is finally declining, and young Advanced Playmaker Tom Parker is going to get a few chances due to Pogba picking up a 7 week injury. Alli joining means our ideal lineup is now this:

5ac8cab138126_ScreenShot2018-04-07at14_41_49.thumb.png.96aff59b46200c2a1cb02f33330c184c.png

I play on Key highlights so I can't tell for certain what exactly is going on, but the difference in PPMs between my CM-Su last season, Lingard (Plays One-Twos, Cuts Inside From Both Wings) and Dele Alli (Comes Deep To Get Ball, Arrives Late In Opponent's Area, Runs With Ball Often) has definitely changed the emphasis of my attack, as seen through player stats:

Cristiano Ronaldo: 15 (3) apps, 9 goals, 2 assists 

Harry Kane: 11(6), 3, 5

Romelu Lukaku: 10(3), 6, 3 

Anthony Martial: 12(3), 5, 6

Paul Pogba: 12(1), 6, 0

Marcus Rashford: 7(6), 5, 4

Whilst Harry Kane's drop off can be partially attributed to my playing him out on the left half the time as an IF - Kane Prime and Ronaldo 2020 are, the former's lack of Flair and Free Kicks aside, incredibly similar so I want him to become natural to maintain consistency of playing style if Ronaldo either retires or has reduced playing time next season - and I simply play Ronaldo more than everyone else as he's more of a finite resource, sometimes as a Poacher up top, Lukaku's drop off compared to this time last year seems to be due to him now being more of a hold up man than before, with Alli now getting on the ball and either playing it to a winger for a backpost cross to their opposite number, or laying it off to Pogba for a distance strike. I can only assume this is because of PPMs as my tactic is exactly the same as last season.

So yeah, that's where I'm at but will probably pick this up later on in the year (most likely late this month / early May knowing my habits).

Sorry for my poor English since it is not my first language . Pics will update later today .  

I'm a Man Utd fan since 1997 and always be my first save .

However, I'm the person who only play 3 seasons each save that I can play different team to use different players. 

(Normally I have more than 5 Man Utd saves ) 

1st seasons transfer ( as always I'd like to play more closer to reality , not too many transfer in my first save )

Out

Blind - Monaco if I remember correctly ( not with my computer as now )

In

None 

Competition 

Super Cup 

Beat Real Madrid , 1st champ of this save. 

PL  

6 games left  but we already won the title .  

CL   

Beat Atletico Madrid at 1/16 , and face Bayern Munich next round . 

Carabao Cup

Beat Arsenal in the final . 

FA Cup  

Getting in next round .

Players ( leaving and coming . I need your suggestion as well ) 

Fellaini - He plays average in my save , sometime can score fanatic goals .  I let him free go to Chinese club due to his age . 

Young - He wants leave for the challenge . Let's see how many team will give him offer. 

Ibrahimovic - He is doing very well after injury , score more than 10 goals but I still let him go due to his age. 

Rojo - Selling end of the season . 

Smalling & Jones - Looking for sale one of them , but I don't have any big name of replacement yet .

Romero - As a backup goalkeeper he is very good , but Joe Pereira will be my backup next season . 

Koke - I want to get him since fm15 . Finally , he is joining us next season . 

Alex Sandro - Joining us next season as well , since Shaw always injury and poor performance while I used him in the important games.  

I'm already nearing the end of my second season with Man Utd using the original game database (started the save when FM18 was first released so no Sanchez for me, luckily this has lead to Martial and Rashford developing quite perfectly).

For my tactics, I went the much sought after 4-3-3 (well, 4-1-2-3 wide if we're going to be 100% accurate). I actually based this on van Gaal's tactics when we beat Tottenham, Liverpool and Man City in the space of a few weeks but altered slightly to compensate for the new and improved squad at our disposal:

V47zKmO.png

Only a few PI's were added, I actually went into how I got to this tactic in the following thread:

First summer transfer window was used to make sure I had 2 at least quality players in each position after removing some dead weight. Out went Darmian to Monaco (technical ability of an avocado), Blind to PSG (pace of an avocado), Smalling to Tottneham (brain of an avocado - there's a theme surrounding our defense here ...) and Young on loan to Watford (Huzzah! The reason is not avocado themed! He left to free up some wages). I also thought I had managed to offload the human pine tree Fellaini but didn't realise I had actually agreed for the transfer to happen in January

In their place arrived Rafael from Lyon (home grown status was a key reason), Dolberg from Ajax, Gaya from Valencia and finally both Jorginho and Allan from Napoli.

So, for the first half of the season, I had the following squad:

Goalkeepers: De Gea and Romero

Fullbacks: Valencia, Rafael, Shaw and Gaya

Centerbacks: Lindelof, Jones, Bailly and Rojo (Tuanzebe covered Rojo until he returned from his knee injury)

Midfielders: Matic, Jorginho, Carrick, Herrera, Allan, Fellaini, Pogba and Lingard (who was Pogba's RPM back up - he really grew into this in year two)

Wingers: Mata, Mkhitaryan, Martial and Rashford

Strikers: Lukaku, Ibrahimovic and Dolberg

Things were going well by the time January rolled around but I felt that the squad needed a bit more quality. Fellaini finally moved to China followed by Rojo who had returned from his injury half the player I was expecting and Valencia move on to Barcelona after a brilliant first half of the season. Replacing them was Pique from Barcelona (just like Rafael, the home grown status was ideal), Asensio from Madrid and Odriozola from Real Sociedad (a very expensive full back but my word has he been worth it!). Asensio was only brought in to cover a long term injury to Lingard at first before summer 2018 found a way to fit them both into the squad.

0D0XLHi.png

First season was very successful having won the quadruple of European Super Cup, League Cup, (unbeaten) Premier League and Champions League. The mighty Bournemouth were my FA Cup quarter-final conquerors on penalties.

Summer 2018 brought the inevitable retirement of Carrick and Ibrahimovic. Young left on a free transfer after returning from his loan at Watford. Mkhitaryan and Mata (my entire right wing options ...) moved to Monaco and Real Madrid for money I found difficult to turn down for players of their age. Romero also left due to the fact I prefer a younger squad (I have a thing where I feel I have to try and move on players when they hit 30) I replaced them with Dybala from Juventus, Sancho from Dortmund, Leno from Leverkusen, Pierie from Heerenveen and Pellegri from Genoa. Most of these were to sign players with high potential for the future.

In January I brought in another young player with lots of potential in Sessegnon from Fulham. I mainly used this month to arrange my summer 2019 transfers with Dier from Tottenham, Tierney from Celtic and Milinkovic-Savic from Lazio all set to arrive. My plan is to have these players replace Pique, Shaw and Herrera respectively:

9oSTabC.png

Second season has currently been victorious in the Community Shield, European Super Cup and League Cup while streaking ahead at the top of the table and in the quarter finals of the FA Cup and Champions League (against Tottenham and PSG respectively).

Some notable player performances from the past couple of years (all where the player received above 7.50 average):

Name - Appearances - Goals - Assists - Average Rating Season 1 / 2

Rafael da Silva - 44 (9) - 4 - 18 - 7.56 / 7.70

Alvaro Odriozola - 43 (1) - 1 - 18 - 7.55 - 7.77

Gerard Pique - 40 (4) - 8 - 2 - 7.56 / 7.44

Jesse Lingard - 43 (17) - 10 - 16 - 7.40 / 7.74

Paulo Dybala - 27 (9) - 11 - 10 - N/A / 7.69

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - 22 (19) - 5 - 9 - 7.53 / N/A

Anthony Martial - 58 (13) - 35 - 22 - 7.50 / 7.74

Romelu Lukaku - 62 (18) - 69 - 16 - 7.63 / 7.73

I'm now looking for a new defensive midfielder to replace Matic as he has hit that magical threshold age of 30. Does anyone have any suggestions of who I can bring in here?

@z464 your English is fine man. I'm like you, normally only 2-4 seasons with a club before I either just want something new, or mess up (usually get too successful financially and buy too many players). 

@Chevie Assuming you're using the tactic above, is Jorginho not the natural replacement for Matic's starting spot? I had a similar set up to you and used Tuanzebe as an Anchor Man, but as he doesn't have the Vision for DLP might I suggest retraining Lindelof? Then you can just go search for a good centre back - for a team of United's budget not actually that much of an ask. Other DLP recommendations though would be Wendel (starts out at Fluminense), Arthur (Gremio, although probably better further forward), Lucas Torreira (has "plays simple passes" though if you don't want that), Manuel Locatelli, Ruben Neves or see how Florentino Luis (SLB) or Rui Pires (FCP) have developed. Really there are a lot of options. 

Right so the 3rd season is over.

The league went to the wire, after losing to Chelsea in january and being 8 points behind, we went into the final day 1 point ahead, with us swapping position constantly in the last 6 games.

5acbdfda558d6_season3table.thumb.jpg.49ed56b69bae3e7cabc9912bcceee042.jpg

Sadly it was not to be as you can see we drew 0-0 with westham, and we even missed a penalty, while chelsea won and clinched the title. Incredibly dissapointed by this, we were excellent all season, Lukaku top goal scorer, De Gea again most clean sheets, and we had 6 players in the team of the year. But sadly injuries cost us, we had some spells where we had 5-6 players out at once.

We did however end the season on a high winning the champs league.

5acbe2613cbb4_champsleaguewin.thumb.jpg.d7fe54ccc3824713f8c58ef150f3734e.jpg

It was a great win and 2 goals just before half time made it easier. We had a great run beating Real Madrid in the quarters and Man city in the semi final.

Fa cup we lost in the semi final to Wolves, who went on and won it.

League cup we lost in the 5th round to Huddersfield I think, Aresnal went and won that.

Stats for season 3

5acbdfe42dbc3_season3stats.thumb.jpg.f65ca02631001539087925dbb952ea28.jpg

Lukaku was immense and most be in contention for world player of the year if he keeps it up. Dybala, Rashford and Pogba all great seasons as well. One player missing from that page is Fosu Mensah who got 10 assists to his name and had a great season playing as a dm.

Teams of the year for the league and champs league

5acbdfdf7ebf0_season3teamoftheyear.thumb.jpg.9fb2121790d10980672723b2832de6f6.jpg 5acbdfce99a4b_champsleagueteamoftheyear.thumb.jpg.06f5dc9c2ed79e3bccdb7cc6ad5a4e32.jpg

So season 4 plans

Valencia and Chiellini's contracts are up and as both are mid 30's they will be released. I will probably sell Matic and one of Mata, Martial or Sanchez.

Geubbels, Gomes and Laird who were on loan during the 3rd season will be back and in the 1st team. Gomes and Laird actually played a few games for me before sending them on loan in january and had been really good.

I may bring a right back in but Tuanzebe did a great job there, plus will have Lindelof and Laird as back up.

I want to bring Toni Kroos in but he isn't vital, and Madrid seem reluctant to sell, otherwise to be honest I doubt will really bring anyone in. I like my team and want to make some of the youngsters as main players so will focus on their development whilst keeping my main squad.

I'm hoping to dominate season 4 and retain our champs league title, at times we were dominate in the 3rd season, just for 2 blips in form due to injuries that cost us winning the treble.

Even though it's not been the most successful 3 seasons, only winning the league once in 3 years is disappointing, I am loving and enjoying the competitiveness of this save, it definitely makes the save last especially as I want to do 8-10 seasons.

53 minutes ago, Chevie said:

I'm now looking for a new defensive midfielder to replace Matic as he has hit that magical threshold age of 30. Does anyone have any suggestions of who I can bring in here?

Fosu Mensah has been great for me there, got 10 assists in the 3rd season playing in that position.

@Chevie how are the likes of Ethan Galbraith looking for you in the academy then? I remember him, Puigmal (who sadly only had something ridiculous like 3 natural fitness), Aliou Traore were all, 3 seasons in, still rated as potentially 4 star. Always better to promote from within, particularly if they aren't bought in like Puigmal, Traore, Fosu-Mensah etc. 

Alternatively most of my recommendations were young as buying young is one of my philosophies in my current save where I've been scouting a ton of midfielders. Check out italians like Mandragora, Melegoni and Barella as well.

Ricky Sbragia decide to retire so I need U23 Manager. Naturally, I always try to find solution in my coaches and Paul McGuinness is the best but he is not interested.

So if anyone of you have any experience with this two guys let me know.

Later will post recap of season 3. Won PL, FA cup and defeat against Bayern in 1/2 CL in very interesting matches.

hoeness vs grau.jpg

20 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@Chevie how are the likes of Ethan Galbraith looking for you in the academy then? I remember him, Puigmal (who sadly only had something ridiculous like 3 natural fitness), Aliou Traore were all, 3 seasons in, still rated as potentially 4 star. Always better to promote from within, particularly if they aren't bought in like Puigmal, Traore, Fosu-Mensah etc. 

Alternatively most of my recommendations were young as buying young is one of my philosophies in my current save where I've been scouting a ton of midfielders. Check out italians like Mandragora, Melegoni and Barella as well.

Galbraith is only 1.5-2.5 star potential and Traore is 2-3 potential and isn’t ready for first team football yet.

I’ve just placed Puigmal on a training regime to get him used to being a DMC and will see how that goes but, like Traore, isn’t quite ready for the first team and I’m concerned by his 5 for positioning and 8 for team work.

1 hour ago, Chevie said:

Galbraith is only 1.5-2.5 star potential and Traore is 2-3 potential and isn’t ready for first team football yet.

I’ve just placed Puigmal on a training regime to get him used to being a DMC and will see how that goes but, like Traore, isn’t quite ready for the first team and I’m concerned by his 5 for positioning and 8 for team work.

Ah, that is a shame. Although Traore went from 2-3 to 3.5-4 in my third season once he was tutored, and Galbraith was similar I'm guessing they've got variable potentials so you might not have versions with the same room for growth. Check out Dragos Nedelcu - signed him on my Fiorentina save and he can play basically all DM roles, doesn't have any PPMs so you can customise him how you like (I'm leaving him uncustomised as he has to fill in as either SV-Su or RGA-Su which are completely different roles). Also if no other PL club has signed him - Fabinho. 

12 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Ah, that is a shame. Although Traore went from 2-3 to 3.5-4 in my third season once he was tutored, and Galbraith was similar I'm guessing they've got variable potentials so you might not have versions with the same room for growth. Check out Dragos Nedelcu - signed him on my Fiorentina save and he can play basically all DM roles, doesn't have any PPMs so you can customise him how you like (I'm leaving him uncustomised as he has to fill in as either SV-Su or RGA-Su which are completely different roles). Also if no other PL club has signed him - Fabinho. 

I think Traore’s low potential star rating is only due to the fact he’s being compared to Matic and Jorginho’s current abilities (both only 3 star but considered ‘Elite’ and ‘World-Class’ respectively).

Given his potential is the same as those players’ current abilities I am definitely looking to develop him further, maybe looking to get him some first team football either in the cups or at a decent level on loan.

He’s just come off he back of being tutored by Matic so need to check exactly how he’s progressed during that time (not at my laptop at the moment).

I am tempted to try your earlier suggestion of Lindelof at DMC as I have arranged to bring in Michael Keane in the summer to cover at DC. I realised I needed his home grown at club status to offset the projected loss of Shaw in the summer.

Hi guys, so I don't have a copy of fm 18 until the end of the month and being a utd fan my first save is always with them and this year I'll be using bophonets Napoli tactic. So I was wondering if anyone had screenshots for Axel Tuanzebe who I plan to use as right back, Scott mctominay who I will use as dm and Timothy fosu mensah as centre mid. This will all be second season onward as I have a predilection for youth and a soft spot for these 3 players.

Cheers and nice one.

So my transfers for season 4 were:

5ad12b7442c91_season4transfers.thumb.jpg.526274335ec036ea444be0dfca48f13a.jpg

Valencia and Chiellini were released as well, I know selling Martial is a controversial one and he had been good for me, but he's just not 1st choice so decided to sell so I can play Gomes more.

Kroos was my main target and I got after some negotiation, also Sidibe as I didn't have a proper right back after Valencia left, with Tuanzebe and Lindelof playing there in the 3rd season.

On a side note Man city had sacked Pep at the end of the 3rd season and hired Ancelotti and city have spent £325 mil buying Kane, Alli, Fekir, Denis Suarez and a couple others.

My best 11, subs and back ups for season 4:

5ad12b771e5ef_best11season4.thumb.jpg.2fc1b0f642df86e757cf9d7b9fc4df11.jpg

Absolutely love my midfield 3 of Strootman, Kroos and Pogba. Parkinson is a regen and is 18 now so will be developed to be my main left back for the rest of the save.

So even though we won the champs league for the 1st time in the 3rd season, I still haven't got over the disappointment of losing the league title on the final day of season 3, missing a pen and drawing 0-0 whilst Chelsea won and won the title, so we are out for revenge to win our title back and to hopefully retain the champs league.

Only game I've done so far was the super cup, which we won 1-0 against Valenica.

Season 2 Stats:

9tVX6BQ.png

Some quite incredible performances by my players this year with the lowest average rating for an outfielder being 7.21 for Jorginho.

Lukaku's 42 goals and Odriozola's 18 assists made them my highest in each category. De Gea also kept 28 clean sheets in his 41 appearances.

Season 3 Transfers:

INBXgv3.png

The main goal in this window was to replace the players who were 30+ (Pique and Matic) or hadn't developed as well as I had hoped (Shaw and Pereira). Allan was also sold because of the brilliant figure paid for him by Monaco. I've not been able to move on Herrera (who is just turning 30) yet.

Just wondering, has anyone ever managed to generate enough income that United pay off some of their debts? Often when I've managed smaller teams we've generated so much income that I get a message that "the board has managed to pay off some/all of the club's debts" varying from Scandinavian minnows turned into CL winners within 5 seasons who only have a couple of million to pay off to a Lyon sized club or even Milan on an earlier version of FM. 

Went into the final 2 games of my first season needing to win both to win the title. Somehow pulled off epic comebacks in both games on the road none of the less. 

20180418232242_1.thumb.jpg.b1b61175c260f725f83da44aca28211a.jpg

Then this game was for the title. I came in 1 point behind Arsenal so anything other than a win and i finish 2nd.

20180418232320_1.thumb.jpg.0a14935c3d050a1483bcd9a2ad53eb45.jpg

Fergie would be proud of this one.

final table

20180418233200_1.thumb.jpg.f86cbde0268abdde4501a35fdd3805d4.jpg

Now i'm facing Chelsea in the Champions League Final

So halfway through season 4 and its been a great season so far.

We had won our 1st 14 league games, equaling Aresnal's record, but we then lost the next game to Everton, which was annoying. Since then we have drawn a few but we are looking good at the top in a battle with bitter rivals Liverpool, but we have a couple of games in hand, due to the club world championship.

5adb0c5993e9c_season4tablesofar.thumb.jpg.cffd9b96c3282ae6a8462bbc32c0401d.jpg

We won the club world championship fairly easily Herrera and Lingard scoring in a 3-1 win in the final

Champs league we have got Hoffenheim in the 2nd knockout round.

We are in the semi final of the league cup against Chelsea and 4th round of the fa cup against Watford.

Also this happened.

5adb0c5cca686_lukakugoldenball.thumb.jpg.df22c1f1f79925bf0ed5867462182ba4.jpg

Lukaku who has been immense for the whole save won the world player of the year, De Gea also won wolrd goalkeeper of the year for the 2nd time as well.

On 02/04/2018 at 20:44, zlatanera said:

@Spiegel Great work! I've had previous struggles getting three at the back to work on this FM, nice to see it working well with my favourite team.

Would you be able to post a screenshot of Sessegnon? I'm interested to see if he got any sort of a bump in the new database (I have him for my team and he's only 3 star potential - 2 gold 1 black) given his outstanding form in real life. 

Sorry, just seen this. Here you go! I've just noticed he's only competent at FB now. I've been training him at WB, so he's forgot his old position

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 15.25.00.png

On 13/11/2017 at 20:19, wakesta said:

Has anyone replaced the staff?

Yes. I brought Mike Phelan and Paul McGuinness back. I pretty much cleaned out the coaches and brought in a balance of people who could coach defence, attack and technical.  It never seems to make a lot of difference tbh. I would replace Rui Faria who seems to talk incoherent nonsense - encourage players to try more direct passing just before you go 2 up, suggesting that you remove "retain possession" from instructions - but I'm fairly sure that it wouldn't actually change.

I also cleaned out the scouting team, though the only suggestions I seem to get from Faria are to sign Juventus scout.

the new scouting reporting system and interface makes it difficult to work out who is reporting, and to cycle through multiple reports on players. But then I think the interface is very poor, so it might be just me.

On 1/4/2018 at 12:42, AJJ said:

Lingard has been very good for me as a RW. Scores important goals, provides assists. His supposed "natural" position as an IF on the left less so. He's an alternative to Gelson Martins in my side, who is great, but seems to get injured every other game.

On 9/4/2018 at 23:33, zlatanera said:

Galbraith and Puigmal are useful squad players in my fourth season. Puigmal spent half a season on loan at Real San Sebastian, Galbraith at Villa in the Championship. Both are good against lower half of the table teams at the moment. Traore hasn't made the first team yet. I pay little attention to the star system. I mean, Gomes is now a first team regular owing to a long term injury to Martial as a wide left player, and he's now rated as potentially 3 star. The star ratings seem to shift - Rashford was at one point two and a half stars potential, and is now four stars, but playing abysmally. So I think it's a red herring.

On 21/4/2018 at 11:07, sedge11 said:

Lukaku who has been immense

It just shows how much variation there can be - he scored goals for fun for the first half the first season, then was dreadful the second half. I sold him after a season.

Finished my second season last night, and once again we won all of the domestic trophies...but were beaten in the Champions League final. This time it was Leverkusen who beat us, so a slightly better side than Porto but still a team that we should've beaten. They had more shots than us but most of them were from long range & were off target, while Leno pulled off some quality saves to deny us. The game finished 0-0, Jedvaj was sent off for a two-footed lunge in the first half of extra time; and then in the second half they scored the winner from a random corner. 

3QHOyiF.png

It was a slow start for us in the league, with City and Newcastle of all teams leading the race for the opening 10 rounds or so. Then all of a sudden City started to fall away, while ourselves, Chelsea and Liverpool caught up with Newcastle and eventually overtook them. Spurs did well to finish in the top 4 too because for the first 2-3 months they lost all of their away games and were floating around midtable. As for the domestic cups, we beat City in both finals, first on penalties in the Carabao Cup after the game finished 1-1, then a 2-1 comeback win in the FA Cup. 

rCFbFpn.png

H4n3Ff7.png

Bailly and Jones both had Distant relationships with me and I was getting sick of their complaining, so I brought in Koulibaly in anticipation of them leaving, although they didn't end up going til the January window. There wasn't any fallout with Blind but he was concerned Laimer was brought in to replace him (even though I rarely played Blind in midfield), so I just decided to let him go because he had been pretty average in the first season. No one was making any decent offers so I just threw him into the deal for Koulibaly. Tierney has been excellent and ended up starting more games than Shaw. I had planned on Lindelof being my long-term RB, but he isn't quite good enough in attack, so I signed Semedo in January. I mainly used Talisca as a striker and he scored 14 goals IIRC, so I made the loan permanent. I'm happy to keep him as a rotation option, but if someone comes in with a profitable offer I'll let him go. That's pretty much how I felt about Andre Gomes, and now he's joining PSG for £52m. 

On 4/22/2018 at 16:59, scass said:

It just shows how much variation there can be - he scored goals for fun for the first half the first season, then was dreadful the second half. I sold him after a season.

Yea it does, Lukaku has been unbelievable for me. Here's how he has done so far.

5ae2480622c87_lukakusofar.thumb.jpg.0e2cca6de7c63fb79eedf89a384b2435.jpg

Still 2 league games left and semi final of champs league as well for him to add to that.

On 22/4/2018 at 16:24, scass said:

Lingard has been very good for me as a RW. Scores important goals, provides assists. His supposed "natural" position as an IF on the left less so. He's an alternative to Gelson Martins in my side, who is great, but seems to get injured every other game.

yes, I have the same problem with Martins.

So season 4 has finished and was a amazing season. We won a treble and had our best season yet.

Prem league

So after losing the title on the final day thanks to a 0-0 draw with westham in the 3rd season. This season we got our revenge by clinching the title with 2 games to go beating westham 5-0. In the end we won by 7 points and was pretty dominate. We also scored 107 goals in the league. 

De Gea won golden glove for the 4th season and Lukaku cleaned up winning top scorer, footballer of the year and players player.

5ae4c13340af1_season4.thumb.jpg.cc38b6cbfa7960298b0899a1815b6432.jpg

Champs league

We managed to do something I have never done on fm and that was retain the champs league winning it 2 years in a row. The final was all about Rashford and Sanchez, Sanchez missed our win in season 3 through injury, so had to start him and he certainly showed I made the right decision.

Lukaku also won top scorer in the champs league.

5ae4c13989413_retainingthechampsleague.thumb.jpg.89ca953688c8384d18bdb80d4890c665.jpg

League cup we also won, the 1st trophy of the treble beating westham 1-0 in extra time.

Fa cup was the only blemish of the season losing on penalties to Aresnal in the quarter finals.

We did also win the super cup and world club championships, but they aren't something I really count.

Here was the prem team and champs league team of the year

5ae4c149b719b_season4premteam.thumb.jpg.748a32f094336fd78bef16d46b30541d.jpg 5ae4c1521c7fb_season4champsteam.thumb.jpg.35989f364e98400bb02b718ab15da921.jpg

Good to get plenty of the players in both, even though I was annoyed Sanchez didn't get in either as he had a great season.

Season 4 stats

5ae4c13ce7fa9_season4stats.thumb.jpg.5548622cd55c97569f22b912b5789096.jpg

Lukaku again immense, Sanchez had his best season, Lingard took to playing as a centre mid very well and was excellent all season alongside pogba and kroos in a 3. The youngsters did well with Gomes having a good season, also Ethan Laird who can't see in this was brilliant and nailed down the left back spot by the end of the season.

So so far in 4 seasons we have won:

2x league titles, 2x champs leagues, 1x fa cup and 1x league cup. So it's been a good 4 years with this 4th being the best so far winning 3 of them trophies.

Season 5 plans

Mata and Rose's contracts are up so will be released, I have thought about keeping Rose but with Laird coming through and Parkinson (regen), I think I'm covered in the left back spot. Also Strootman will leave as just didn't play him as much due to Pogba, Lingard and Kroos forming a great midfield 3. I will also have a clear out of youngsters that aren't good enough.

In's wise I am looking at Weston Mckennie, and hopefully can get him off Aresnal, otherwise I won't be buying anyone as my team is pretty settled with a good mixture of quality and youth.

Finished my second season, which proved tremendously successful. Premier League, Champions League and League Cup winners! Our youth teams also dominated, with the U23's retaining their league title and winning the bloody Checkatrade Trophy. The U19's won every league game this year (I can't understate how good the regens are that Nicky Butt's producing; he's got me 6 potential five star (four yellow, 1 black) guys over two years and plenty of three+ star guys. 

The highlights of the season include beating Arsenal 7-1 (as screenshotted earlier in the thread), and coming back from 2-0 down against Liverpool in the CL Final, only to win 4-2. 

I'll dig out some screenshots later, but in terms of transfers for the upcoming season; 

Ins:
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio) - £49.5mill + 10% profit from next sale. I noticed Leverkusen were in for him at about this price and had to make a move!
Two regens (Brazilian CB and Dutch CM for £8mill and £5mill respectively). Both potential 5 star players. The CB has been sent on loan to feeder club Ipswich for the season.

Out:
Paul Pogba (Real Madrid) - £110mill + 20% profit from next sale. This was a farce from start to finish. Madrid declared their interest, Ancelotti was scouting him every game, and had Ramos and Marcelo trying to lure him in every week. Pogba threw a paddy because he wanted to play "with better players" and wouldn't listen to me or the other players. Eventually handed in a transfer request. As good as he was for me, he was starting to frustrate with his "Shoots from Distance PPM", and my midfield is still excellent with Matic, Kovacic, Alli and the newly signed Savic and my regens. No player's bigger than the club.

Juan Mata (Watford) - £30mill. Didn't get enough games for me, as he was a bit too frail to play in my midfield unit. Was good whenever he came on, but £30mill for a 31 year old backup is good enough for me. 

Also looking to move Herrera on for similar reasons.

In other news, Liverpool have bought Darmian from Spartak Moscow :D

Archived