FM18: Man Utd - Awaken the Sleeping Devil 👹 !

goqs06

3 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

If you want a young striker then you already have one in Rashford, he can easily become one of the best players on the game.

Always rotated him with Martial as an IF. In the end I offered Ibra a contract with 2 days remaining. Bought Gelson, to support Mkhitaryan, Lingard to support Mata. Still got some money left to buy a half decent forward.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the league and champs league success of the 3rd season, I didn't feel I needed to do too much to my team but here are the transfers for the 4th season, 2 big transfers out with Lukaku leaving for 95 mil, I sold him because Dybala is my number one striker and with my new formation 4-1-2-3, he just wasn't going to get much game time and he only had a ok ish 3rd season so 95mil was difficult to reject. Semedo came in as Valencia is 34-35 now so is in his final year for me, Valencia has been brilliant but it was about time I brought someone in to replace him.

Also Jacques James a regen striker, who has 5 star potential and who I've got big hopes for was sent on loan, as he is still only 17 and I wanted him to play regularly which I can't offer him just yet, and loans have worked for a couple of my youngsters who are now in the 1st team, so hopefully it will for him.

5a51164e6836f_season4transfers.thumb.jpg.92f2da98671ae2c1ed56039c193fe944.jpg

So this is the formation I am now playing, I started using it at the back end of the 3rd season and mainly in the champs league with great success. 

4-1-2-3.thumb.jpg.3bc5fdedc3bce97f827f07b4d4051a8a.jpg

That is also my best 11, with the subs and rest of my squad. A regen Everitt (fullback) is back off loan and now in the 1st team, he can play both sides so looking to involve in and develop him into one of my main fullbacks. Gomes also back off loan and has been promoted, I hadn't really used and he had a really good season on loan at Sunderland so its time for him to come in and cement a place.

And cementing a place is certainly something Gomes is already pushing for with this performance in the super cup.

5a511656c6273_supercup.thumb.jpg.ae2ea8c7a04426d636978c858cb70e5f.jpg

First surprise of my game has arrived. 15 league matches played, Liverpool are down in 14th and sacked Klopp!!!! They are just 6pts outside the relegation zone on 18pts. 6 wins, 9 losses!

Im currently doing a Man City with a lot of thanks going to my forward players all being amazing. Although the defense hasn't conceeded a goal in the last 8 league matches. We did go 0-2 down against Olympiacos within 30minutes however between a a change in formation and them having a player sent off just before half time we scored 4 goals in the 2nd half to win 4-2.

Lukaku 18 goals in 20(2) appearances with 4 assists. Lingard being amazing out on the AMR (W) position with 7 goals and 8 assists in 17(1) appearances and Mkhitaryan with 5goals 8 assists in 14 (6) appearances in the AMC position.

My issue now though is Mata returning from his early injury and he had 5 assists in 8 appearances at AMC so I got a decision to make if he should slot back into the position right away or let Mkhitaryan continue there for now. Got the ability to move Mkhi to the AML  (IF) position but that means another person fighting for a position that Rashford (7goal, 3 assist) and Martial (4goal, 3 assist in about half the games as rashford) are fighting over.

Christmas period will give a rotation chance though so least with all the players doing well upfront I wont have to worry too much about it.

How much Pinamonti  set you back out of interest? May put a cheeky bid in for him in the January window when I can do my first bit of transfer business. Got a few people I am looking to get in the squad. Thinking maybe Tierney from celtic to cover the weak left back slot that Blind been playing in mostly for me as Young was doing trash there.  Sergej Milinkovic Savic is on my radar too but I feel I wont get the most use out of him unless I offload Mikhi and Mata so not sure if I want to go there

2 hours ago, Cartopis84 said:

at 2023 using 4-2-3-1 , have won the league 4 times out of 6, champions cup 3 times , and won the SEPTUPLE in 2021. The team is lit and I lose maybe 2 matches per season in the league.

Nice work, what does your team look like now?

had many good regens come through?

58 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Nice work, what does your team look like now?

had many good regens come through?

Ive still got Lukaku as my main striker, he's been amazing. Ascensio has been sensational since I signed him for 108 m $ in 2017 and he's my main attacking midfielder. On the wings I have Kasper dolberg, he's injury prone but still really good. Rashford also rotates with him. Right wing I've got Mkhitariyan and 2 German regens who are really good and just 21 years old. midfield I've got Pogba and a 20 y o Serbian region. Luke Shaw is still left back and my main defenders are Phil jones and Lindelof, with DE ligt for rotation. Right back is Benjamin Henrichs who I've had since 2017. GK has been 20 yo English regents Rob Norrisfor a couple of seasons, he came through my youth intake. I got many high potential regions in my youth teams and around 5 in my first team , in 2023. Lukaku and DOLBERG have won a ballon D oR  each lmaoo

11 hours ago, Cartopis84 said:

Ive still got Lukaku as my main striker, he's been amazing. Ascensio has been sensational since I signed him for 108 m $ in 2017 and he's my main attacking midfielder. On the wings I have Kasper dolberg, he's injury prone but still really good. Rashford also rotates with him. Right wing I've got Mkhitariyan and 2 German regens who are really good and just 21 years old. midfield I've got Pogba and a 20 y o Serbian region. Luke Shaw is still left back and my main defenders are Phil jones and Lindelof, with DE ligt for rotation. Right back is Benjamin Henrichs who I've had since 2017. GK has been 20 yo English regents Rob Norrisfor a couple of seasons, he came through my youth intake. I got many high potential regions in my youth teams and around 5 in my first team , in 2023. Lukaku and DOLBERG have won a ballon D oR  each lmaoo

How are you playing Lukaku mate? I've tried him as a TM(A) and Poacher but not having much luck with either!

1 hour ago, Jon MUFC said:

How are you playing Lukaku mate? I've tried him as a TM(A) and Poacher but not having much luck with either!

In my 1st season I have him as poacher and he doing decent there in the 4-2-3-1 formation. Admittingly I tried him as a CF as well in that formation and he was not bad but seems to come to more form as a poacher.

36(5) appearances - 36 goals, 6 assists.

This includes him just banging 3 goals in against Real Madrid to over a 3-1 loss in the first leg :D

13 hours ago, Jon MUFC said:

Ive been playing him as a target man throughout. He gets 50+ goals per season. I have not even tried playing him as something else yet. What I have noticed is, he sucks at dribbling and stuff, so since I play him as a target man he usually just waits for crosses and passes and ends up scoring.

19 hours ago, xx11 said:

In my 1st season I have him as poacher and he doing decent there in the 4-2-3-1 formation. Admittingly I tried him as a CF as well in that formation and he was not bad but seems to come to more form as a poacher.

36(5) appearances - 36 goals, 6 assists.

This includes him just banging 3 goals in against Real Madrid to over a 3-1 loss in the first leg :D

Interesting. Who are you playing in the no.10 position behind him? (and what role?) cheers!

2 hours ago, Jon MUFC said:

Interesting. Who are you playing in the no.10 position behind him? (and what role?) cheers!

Had a bit of rotation in that spot. It mostly is Mata or Mkhitaryan although been stupid and thrown Zlatan there a couple times when not been happy with either of them.

Use Advanced playmaker (Attack) at AMC.

In MC I have Advanced playmaker(support) and Deep laying playmaker (defense). With AML (IF-support) and AMR (Winger support).

Lakuku gets a lot of headed goals, it his main way of scoring i would say which is unfortunate. Training him with Complete Striker currently in a hope to improve his overal stats.

Close call against Barcelona there. Beat them 3-0 in first leg after playing pretty much strongest lineup i had which i do not always do even against the big boys in cups. Switched to my weaker but decent team that should have coped with holding such a lead even at the Nou Camp. Well **** hit the fan and was just making subs at the time i went 3-0 down... eventually it was 5-0 down yet somehow I managed to get it to 5-2 and go through on away goals.

So decide to check out how the Spanish league going as it was a close battle just before xmas (now on 11 april) ... find out that after all played 32 games it sits as follows:

1st - Athletico madrid - 72 pts

2nd Real Madrid - 72 pts

3rd Barcelona - 72 pts

That didnt take long. 6 months at teh club and Sanchez already moaning about not enough game time (picked both him and Ozil up on the free). Not my fault that the others been playing better then him thus he finds himself in rotation.

At this rate I will have to sell him if there any takers at end of the season. Bit annoying but wont complain as should make a profit even considering high wages he has

And now I got a really difficult decision to make.

Offer from Chelsea for Rashford.

£42m upfront

£30m over 3 years

£20m after 20 international appearances

40% of profit on next sale.

He got 18months on his contract so would be offering him a massive payrise in the summer but he not one of my "must keep" players as I only play with the single forward 99% of the time and no way he can replace Lakuku. He played mostly on the left wing but again there many a player that could play there and I am pretty sure I can find replacements for hell of a lot less than that amount. Especially as his stats been pretty settled for about 6months now.

Letting him go would give Sanchez more play time (see above) as well as Martial so it really is appealing but if I am wrong and he can improve more than it could be a serious mistake. This is why I hate my young players (yet love them so much it all i purchase!(

6 minutes ago, xx11 said:

£42m upfront

£30m over 3 years

He got 18months on his contract so would be offering him a massive payrise in the summer but he not one of my "must keep" players as I only play with the single forward 99% of the time and no way he can replace Lakuku. He played mostly on the left wing but again there many a player that could play there and I am pretty sure I can find replacements for hell of a lot less than that amount. Especially as his stats been pretty settled for about 6months now.

Letting him go would give Sanchez more play time (see above) as well as Martial so it really is appealing but if I am wrong and he can improve more than it could be a serious mistake. This is why I hate my young players (yet love them so much it all i purchase!(

Depends. Off the bat, it seems a decent deal, but you don't know the kind of Brexit you have, and that point of time, Rashford could be vital. Also, Martial is a beast on the Left Wing - in my third season, he has 16 Goals and 16 Assists from 16 Games.

But I'd say, keep Rashford. Atleast, until you know your Brexit situation. Besides, he's pretty useful as a striker.

6 hours ago, xx11 said:

£42m upfront

£30m over 3 years

I would keep him, rashford is quality on my save.

But If your doing a long term Man Utd save then definitely keep him, he’s young and will only get better given the game time, plus he’s English which could be important later on in the save, but if your only doing a short save and want the best team possible then that’s a pretty good deal.

I've Just started my second season with United, I have tried to restrict my transfer dealings so I can give some of the youth players a chance to shine, 

In Season One we finished 2nd to Arsenal by 9 points following a poor start and finish to the season that saw us lose our first two and last two games of the league campaign. However we managed to beat Arsenal 3-1 in the FA cup final and Porto 1-0 in the Champions league final that offset this disappointment somewhat.

In Regards to transfer activity, Fellani, Smalling, Rojo and Blind from the first team squad have left. Following a tantrum at not playing enough football (After he had started 60% of games) Ashley Young was sent to the under 18's and now has moved to Birmingham on loan, it is very unlikely he will come back, which is a shame as he had played well before this, As an aside does anyone else have huge issues with rotation players constantly complaining about lack of football? 

As for players in, Season one saw Malinkovic Savic join for £38m from Lazio in the summer window, Ryan Sessengon came in from Fulham for £9.5m in the January window but was unable to play until season two due to having already represented two sides that season. The season two window has seen Timo Werner signed from RBL for £51m and Mesut Ozil signed on a free from Arsenal (Though he has been injured for 5 months in his first match) 

The Following Youth players have gained first team experience through season one and will continue to do so in season two - Aliou Traore, Callum Gribbin and Angel Gomes provided cover for injuries and played in some cup matches. Traore has played exceptionally well and may lead to me deciding to allow Herrera to leave if I can get a good fee for him. This season Tuanzebe, Periera have also been added to the first team squad this season and will be given adequate game time to see if they can cut it at this level. Tutoring has been used extensively and will continue to be.

In terms of performances for season one Paul Pogba finished with the highest ave rating of 7.84 he played the majority of the season as a Segundo Volante chipping in with 11 goals and 13 assists before leading France to World Cup Victory, Anthony Martial finished the Season as top scorer with 27 goals in 32 starts, followed closely by Lukaku with 25 in 27 starts (However he must have must close to 100 easy chances over the course of the season) leading to the signing of Werner. 

Looking forward to season two and hoping that we can improve on our league finish last time out and that the youth players continue to improve.

In the 4th season and Dybala has been robbed. How Mbappe won that over Dybala I will never know, to make it worse Mbappe didn't make world team of the year but Dybala did.

5a59e9b9899a3_dybalarobbed.thumb.jpg.8d587b7eb9f8396ceff6a200491984c7.jpg

Anyway I didn't make any signings in January but I already have 2 deals done ready for the summer and the 5th season. Got Javi Martinez coming in on a free, he's 32 now but got him on a 2 year deal and will be a good back up to have.

martinez.thumb.jpg.a078a78daba4e579c8d067b7401d4f07.jpg

Also added this regen,  he had a release clause of 12 mil, he's only 17 and his attributes look brilliant already, so the 12 mil was a no brainer really.

shala.thumb.jpg.fa42f081509c63c6492b0dad4e609b3b.jpg

In terms of the season, we are 7 points off city with 2 games in hand, we hit a bad patch in january and feb losing to chelsea and brighton and drawing to liverpool. We have Dortmund in 2nd round of champs league and Man city in 5th round of the fa cup.

Well after a really bad start to the season with some tactics teething problems, first season ends with us winning the Premier League and FA Cup (as well as the UEFA Super Cup). Got to be pleased as I made zero transfers in or out (always like to keep the squad the same as IRL for first season).

Best player was Mkhitaryan with 19 goals and 16 assists in all competitions. Played him as a Winger (s) on the right and would've been lost without him in all honesty.

Struggled to get the best out of Pogba but his performances and goal threat improved towards the end of the season when I switched him to a box to box role with a 'get further forward' PI. Likewise struggled with Lukaku but had more success when playing him as an Advanced Forward towards the end.

Despite winning trophies we often struggled at home, drawing 0-0 with Watford, Bournemouth and Brighton, completely unable to break them down as they just came and parked the bus. Need to sort that out next season (any advice welcome) as it was touch and go at times with the title going down to the penultimate match.

Embarrassingly got dumped out of the Champions League in the QFs by Tottenham of all teams, they beat us 5-1 on aggregate (went overload in desperate search for an equaliser and got hit on the break a lot late on.) So room for improvement in Europe for sure.

League table for those interested. Not happy about goal difference but a large part of that is our failure to hammer smaller teams at home - any tips?!

5a5a155661407_ScreenShot2018-01-13at14_18_38.thumb.png.956e2fc77efdcb652fd3a847f2ff0b13.png

2 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Am in the 4th season and just received this regen in my youth intake. Possibly the best regen I've ever got through the youth intake. Get Pogba tutoring him straight away and will be in the 1st team by the end of the season.

brown.thumb.jpg.4b358aef33df538825c04a30899fb545.jpg

He can pretty much be trained to play any position and do amazing there. Hope his potential lives up to his starting stats.

9 hours ago, xx11 said:

He can pretty much be trained to play any position and do amazing there. Hope his potential lives up to his starting stats.

He could be trained anywhere with ease although I'd personally train him as a striker.

hes already got high pace and acceleration and his heading is fantastic. Just improve finishing and train as a Complete Forward and await greatness

I've seen a few of you have managed to get Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil on free transfers at the end of the first season...

Do many other clubs usually enter the race for signing either player on a free, or make a transfer offer during the season? i.e. Man City, PSG, Real Madrid etc?

1 hour ago, McClane29 said:

I've seen a few of you have managed to get Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil on free transfers at the end of the first season...

Do many other clubs usually enter the race for signing either player on a free, or make a transfer offer during the season? i.e. Man City, PSG, Real Madrid etc?

I had to battle it out with City for Sanchez, ultimately he chose to go there as they offered more money. 

As for Ozil, I had actually forgotten he was out of contract and only realised about a week before the start of the season. I went in with a contract offer of £100k a week he negotiated to £120k for that kind of money it was a no brainer. (Except he has been injured for 5 and 8 weeks respectively and has managed a total of 18 minutes on the pitch!)

22 hours ago, xx11 said:

So do I, he's going to be my main focus to make sure he lives up to his potential. He's natural in almost every type of role in the centre mid already, thats without any training as well. Hands down the best regen I have ever got through the youth intake, never had anyone close really.

So after winning the prem and champs league in the 3rd season, we were on course for a treble in the 4th season. But 2 draws in our final 3 games meant we lost the league title.

5a5be4e35eab8_season4.thumb.jpg.c9629e98a29c36b4ae4d2dfe3cee8cad.jpg

We also then lost the champs league final 3-0 to Bayern, we did however salvage the season by winning the FA cup for the 3rd time in 4 seasons.

5a5be4e7f3383_facupwin.thumb.jpg.f5647c6a0f12ae45465302457d2720ea.jpg

So what could of been a treble ended in disappointment, on the plus side we have won at least 1 trophy every season, and it actually makes my save all the more interesting as its been very competitive so far and it helps make the save last longer. So both myself and city have won 2 league titles each and 1 champs league each, but I am winning the rivalry as I've won 3 fa cups.

Also standout players would be Martial and Dybala, with Martial winning the leagues player of the year and european player of the year, and Dybala was top scorer in the champs league and got over 40 goals in all comps. Gribbin, Rashford, Tolisso and Semedo also had great seasons.

Plans for season 5 to help win our league and champs league title back are, Javi Martinez coming in on a free, a regen Shala from a previous post coming in for 12 mil, Jake Brown the regen I've shared just above going straight into the 1st team and finally I will bring in a big signing with either Gelson Martins, Andre Silva or maybe even Lewandowski on the shortlist, even though Lewandowski is 32 and would cost 115mil, he's still a goal machine and would be good to have him as I never used him before.

Outs will be Mata and Valencia, both their contracts are up and won't be renewed, Jorginho who turned out to be a poor signing, plus Lozano and Matic will also move on.

2 hours ago, Cartopis84 said:

My Team is too OP won the league 5 times out of 7, 4 times in a row now. Got the septuple twice, a sextuple [?] and a quintuple. Won the champions league 4 times in a row. I regularly beat teams like Chelsea, Manchester City and juVENTUS with shorelines like 7-1. Got 170 CA strikers in my reserves and u 23 and idek what to do anymore.

5a5cb7105b55f_ScreenShot2018-01-15at5_23_53PM.thumb.png.3e44a98f740316944ea6b6400548ad33.png

Bit of a show off.

5 hours ago, SirToby said:

Never made this great a Gribbin - how's yours lookin'?

5a5e40ca12cdb_Skrmbillede2018-01-16kl_19_12_21.thumb.png.9ad0338b9d6dfa0b01e693a14c82ab56.png

You have developed him very well, he's looking quality.

Here is how he looks on mine, he has got more games in every season with him playing the most in the recent season. I plan to have him as my main no10 or right winger for the 5th season, so hopefully will improve more.

gribbin.thumb.jpg.e83896823f8dbbeb76e2bf4b0b8cd239.jpg

On 1/15/2018 at 14:13, Cartopis84 said:

My Team is too OP won the league 5 times out of 7, 4 times in a row now. Got the septuple twice, a sextuple [?] and a quintuple. Won the champions league 4 times in a row. I regularly beat teams like Chelsea, Manchester City and juVENTUS with shorelines like 7-1. Got 170 CA strikers in my reserves and u 23 and idek what to do anymore.

5a5cb7105b55f_ScreenShot2018-01-15at5_23_53PM.thumb.png.3e44a98f740316944ea6b6400548ad33.png

Why do your tactic icons look like that? 

United don't play in a horizontal red/black home shirt.

Season 2 Review

My second season has now come to a close and with it further success for the club, both in terms of competitions and bedding in the young talent we have at the club. Pre-Season transfer dealings were completed early, I needed a striker to rotate with Lukaku and Timo Werner was the man acquired, for a fee of £51m from RBL, Mesut Ozil joined on a free transfer from Champions Arsenal. Leaving the club were Sam Johnstone £1.2m (West Ham), Marcos Rojo £13.7m (Tottenham) and Chris Smalling £22.5m (Southampton). The season began for real with the Community Shield opener against Arsenal a 2-2 thriller after extra time we managed to best them in the lottery of penalties. Lukaku and Martial on the score sheet.

August saw the start of the league campaign and the European Super Cup, we did not start well, losing 1-0 to Lyon in Europe and then opening the season against our bogey team of Season one, Watford, another 1-0 loss followed. There was only one other game in this month a 3-0 home win over Tottenham that saw Werner score his first goal for the club.

September started off much better for us with a 4-1 win away at Southampton, followed up by wins over Palace, Bristol City and Newcastle in the league. The ECL draw saw us looking to retain our title but put us into a possible group of death alongside Besiktas, Inter Milan and Barcelona. Chelsea were our first opponents in the Carabao Cup and despite playing an inexperienced side we ran out 4-2 winners. The ECL also kicked off with a poor display 0-0 at home to Besiktas.

October saw the some big performances with League wins over Bournemouth and Stoke alongside a 0-0 home draw to Arsenal. The ECL really kicked off this month with a 5-3 home win over Barcelona that saw them come from 3-0 down at half time to level up only for Martial to come off the bench and win it with two late goals, Inter Milan followed this time another thriller finishing 3-2 at the Giuseppe Meazza thanks to Pogba's late strike. Youth and back up players continued our Carabao cup journey with a 2-0 win over Ipswich.

November began poorly with draws against Man City and Inter being followed up by a terrible display losing 4-2 to West Ham. We got back to winning way with a 4-2 victory over Liverpool at Old Trafford coming back from conceding two early goals. The month was finished with a 3-0 win over Besiktas that took us through the group stage of the ECL with a game to spare.

A busy December period saw our league form take and upturn and the club world championship coming back to England.  First there was the matter of Barcelona at the Nou Camp. As we had already qualified we opted to play a youthful side and were promptly torn apart losing 4-0 and lucky to be beaten by more. In the league 4 wins from 4 kept us at the top end of the league only two points off Liverpool with 4 games in hand.

January ended up being a busy month then we had hoped for with a 0-0 draw against Blackburn in the FA adding a replay to the mix. A two legged semi-final against Stoke also taking place for a place in the Carabao Cup final. Unfortunately we could not overturn a 1-0 first leg deficit a 2-2 draw in the second leg knocking us out on aggregate. There was better luck in the FA cup replay a 2-0 win taking us into round four. In the league three games were played with two wins and draw keeping us in sight of the top.

February began with a 3-0 win over Swansea in the FA Cup fourth round, this victory saw us drawn against Chelsea in round five, again a 2-0 victory. In the league it was another busy month as we made back some of the games missed due to our involvement in the CWC 5 matches played with wins over Hull, Bournemouth, Palace and Watford alongside a 0-0 draw with Arsenal. The ECL also returned with a 0-0 first leg draw against Atletico.

March again followed February's lead with a poor start a 3-1 loss to Chelsea at home in the league. Things improved from there however with a 1-0 derby win over City, followed by another 1-0 win over Atletico to take us through in Europe. Victory over West Ham was followed by probably our best period of play all season a 6-2 league win over Newcastle coming from 2-0 down at half time. A 5-0 win over Sunderland in the FA cup.

April continued our good form with a 6-0 win over Aston Villa, a 0-0 draw with Stoke was followed by league victories over Huddersfield and Hull. Monaco were the opponents in Europe a 2-0 home win followed by a 4-0 victory in the principality taking us through, Arsenal were the opponents in the FA cup semi-final as looked to retain the trophy from last season. A 4-0 victory moved us into a final with Everton.

May began with a 3-2 victory over Spurs and a 2-0 defeat of Everton to move us within touching distance of the title. Barcelona returned as our ECL semi-final appointments a 4-1 home victory in leg one putting us in a commanding position. Sandwiched between that and the second leg was a poor 3-1 loss to Burnley. The second leg of the ECL saw us victorious 2-1 at the Nou Camp and 6-2 on aggregate. Dortmund would be our challengers in the final later in the month. It was back to the domestic scene for the next three games first up were top of table Liverpool 2 points ahead of us but having played a game more. At half time it looked like we may have thrown the league away to our bitterest of rivals 2-0 down and playing poorly. Come the 80th minute it was still 2-0 so we threw caution to the wind. Werner and Martial entered the match replacing our wingbacks as we went three up top. What followed was simply amazing 82nd minute Werner pulled a goal back from Martial's low cross, 85th minute Werner smashed in a 20 yard strike. 93rd minute Werner completed his hat-trick and our comeback with a penalty moving us a point clear at the top, A 1-1 draw with Chelsea followed but the slip up was of no consequence as Liverpool lost their final match 3-1 to Bournemouth making us Champions for the 20th time, A processional final match with Leicester followed a 2-0 victory putting the icing on a great league campaign.

FA Cup - Winners

A 4-0 win over Everton in a game that was much easier than we had anticipated set us up for another crack at the treble and a date with Borussia Dortmund in the final of Europe. Once again just as in 99 a German side would be our challengers

ECL - Winners

This time however there were no nerves or last minute winners a thoroughly dominant display saw us victorious to the tune of 6-0 a marvellous performance to cap a wonderful season.

Premier League - Winners

Played 38 Won 28 Drawn 6 Lost 4 For 90 Against 30 GD 60 Points 90

Player Accomplishments

Anthony Martial finished as Player of the Season domestically and in the ECL. Victor Lindelof took the young player of the year at home. Henrikh Mkhitaryan broke the assists record with 25

Player Stats

Goals

Timo Werner 33 in 32 starts

Romelu Lukaku 29 in 33 starts

Martial 19 in 27 starts

Assists

Henrikh Mkhitaryan 25 in 34 starts

Anthony Martial 20 in 27 starts

Jesse Lingard 9 in 23 starts

Ave Rating

Paul Pogba 7.52 in 38 starts

Henrikh Mkhitaryan 7.49 in 34 starts

Romelu Lukaku 7.46 in 33 starts.

Youth Development

Aliou Traore 18 - 27 starts

Angel Gomes 18 - 13 starts

Ryan Sessegnon 18 - 31 starts

George Tanner 19 - 6 starts

Callum Gribben 20 - 20 starts

Timothy Fosu-Mensah 21 - 11 starts

Axel Tuanzebe 21 - 20 starts

Season 3

Looking forward to the next season we have completed two transfers in club legend Wayne Rooney returns for a fee of £240k mostly to offer tutoring to some of our prospects but also cover in the event of injuries. Felix Passlack joins from Dortmund for £67m and will be rotated with Valencia at right back.

So after the disappointment of season 4 we made 1 big signing and a couple of very good free signings.

5a6224ac47f31_season5transfers.thumb.jpg.e9b14189ba9a97233211a59f9f765bb3.jpg

We were kind of missing a proper out and out striker after I had sold Lukaku, so needed someone in and I was tempted to buy him back, but Icardi was the one. The Sane signing was a surprise, after I had seen city had released him it was a no brainer, hes not on a big contract and is happy with being a rotation player, he adds great depth. Outs Lozano just didn't play much in the 4th, Matic is getting on abit and I have 2 regens in the 1st team replacing him, Jorginho just didn't work out and finally Valencia was released as he was 35.

Here is my best 11 and bench, and the back ups are mostly regens.

5a6224af56ed7_best11.thumb.jpg.45a46fe4521ab87801afeb6b7c10d676.jpg

Have to say as well this is probably my best and favourite team I have created with Man utd in regards to depth and balance and I have some great young players, Gribbin and Tuanzebe are obvious ones, but some great regens to, with Jake Brown who I've shared previously and Shala who I brought being the pick of them.

After 4 seasons where myself and City have traded titles, I'm expecting another close battle as City have brought big as well buying Andre Silva and Moise Kean, so should be a good season exciting season.

Season 5 is over and we have won by quite a large margin, teams seem to do well until Christmas time and then they start to trail off.

gZZM1Q9.jpg?1

12 goals conceded I think is the best I have ever managed on any version of FM

27NAzkJ.jpg?1

Very happy with the way we're set up although I still can't stop the amount of long shots during games.

Arsenal bundled us out of the Quarter Finals of the Champions League even though we were by far the better team over the 2 games.

iSpSYRN.jpg?1

We also lost the Carabao Cup Final to Chelsea 0-1 but we did beat Bournemouth 3-1 aet in the FA Cup Final.

VDRwP7d.jpg?1

I'm not sure about transfers in/out yet although most of my top players have the usual clubs sniffing around them so i'll wait and see what the next couple of weeks bring in the lead up to the transfer window opening.I'm keen on Josh Tymon who is still at Stoke but if they ask for stupid money i'll not go in for him.My transfer kitty is £190m but I don't need to go crazy, I have a strong squad with some good regens who have won the Youth Cup.

I think I might watch a few World Cup matches, I'm especially keen to watch England as they have called up 7 of my players.

Once I've finalised my transfers(if any) i'll post again.

Archived