FM18: Man Utd - Awaken the Sleeping Devil 👹 !

goqs06

2 hours ago, mikenevo said:

How has Callum Gribbin performed for you guys? I just played him in his first match to test out 2 (CAM) and 1 (ST) and he scored a stunner and picked up man of the match on his debut.

I'v only played him in a few cup games, as couple injuries preventing me from playing him more, but in 3 cup games he has 2 goals and 3 assists. I plan to play him alot more in the 2nd season.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well 3 games left of the season and the table looks like this.

5a2545958a277_3gamesleft.thumb.jpg.d7c4baf900218a4e5db883c9bb1e287d.jpg

If we win our game in hand then we are in control, we still have to play chelsea while man city have to play spurs. Also I have Chelsea in the fa cup semi final with the winner playing man city in the final.

Barca knocked me out of the champs league quarters, we won 1-0 at the nou camp then this devastating 94 minute winner by Busquets knocked us out.

5a2546b50ad51_champsloss.thumb.jpg.af47927709df9aab2e314491c03f0c59.jpg

We did go on a 19 game unbeaten run in the league though, winning 14 in a row. Just at the bottom of the fixture was a 1-0 loss to Leicester to end the run.

5a25459aefd11_longwinningrun.thumb.jpg.dab05ce93ec6a7b273005e8a843774e4.jpg

2 hours ago, Sherkey said:

Can try out an advanced striker + a Creator. F9 /DLF+ AF/CF(Attack). I've had varying success with both.

I'll give these a try thanks.

53 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I'v only played him in a few cup games, as couple injuries preventing me from playing him more, but in 3 cup games he has 2 goals and 3 assists. I plan to play him alot more in the 2nd season.

I sold Mkhitaryan and then Mata got injured so I had to play him and he's banged in 3 goals in 4 appearances :) I'm pretty hyped by his potential as well!

48 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Well 3 games left of the season and the table looks like this.

5a2545958a277_3gamesleft.thumb.jpg.d7c4baf900218a4e5db883c9bb1e287d.jpg

If we win our game in hand then we are in control, we still have to play chelsea while man city have to play spurs. Also I have Chelsea in the fa cup semi final with the winner playing man city in the final.

Barca knocked me out of the champs league quarters, we won 1-0 at the nou camp then this devastating 94 minute winner by Busquets knocked us out.

5a2546b50ad51_champsloss.thumb.jpg.af47927709df9aab2e314491c03f0c59.jpg

We did go on a 19 game unbeaten run in the league though, winning 14 in a row. Just at the bottom of the fixture was a 1-0 loss to Leicester to end the run.

5a25459aefd11_longwinningrun.thumb.jpg.dab05ce93ec6a7b273005e8a843774e4.jpg

Man City will fail against Spurs :) Good luck!

7 hours ago, mikenevo said:

I'll give these a try thanks.

I sold Mkhitaryan and then Mata got injured so I had to play him and he's banged in 3 goals in 4 appearances :) I'm pretty hyped by his potential as well!

Gribbin came on for me in the fa cup semi after Mkhi got injured and changed the game with 2 assists.

5a25b6e20fd51_gribbinfasemi.thumb.jpg.1a50ef697d6d8c9b72b939766eacb43b.jpg

5 minutes ago, mikenevo said:

Nice! He's slowed down a lot for me, but he's still got a long way to go :) Seems to lack belief in himself.

Yea his mental and physical attributes aren't the best, just needs the right nurturing and training.

I remember on fm17 he became quality for me, his technical attributes are pretty incredible for someone that young who isn't in the 1st team.

1 minute ago, sedge11 said:

Yea his mental and physical attributes aren't the best, just needs the right nurturing and training.

I remember on fm17 he became quality for me, his technical attributes are pretty incredible for someone that young who isn't in the 1st team.

Maybe I should get Mata to tutor him?

1st season now finished and we won the league, we won our last 3 games including a 4-0 win against chelsea to take it. It was a very competitive season with the title going to the final day, which is definitely how I prefer it to be, instead of being too easy.

5a26463541967_leagetable.thumb.jpg.cddc6c3d207c86684854d43eff1c4116.jpg 5a2646416b540_leaguestats.thumb.jpg.d82febab345a796fe9c01a2fb1c5e834.jpg

As you can see from the teams league stats, all the big players in Pogba, Lukaku, rashford and martial all performed, and my main 4 defenders, Valencia, Smalling, Bailly and Davies all had great ratings. De Gea got 23 league clean sheets but his rating was a t quite a low 6.98 which is quite annoying. I would of liked more goals from Rashford but 14 assists was great.

My standout player had to be Martial, his end of season form was sensational. He also cleaned up the awards winning the leagues footballer of the year, players player and young player of the year.

martial.thumb.jpg.31f2acb0a80839b797642ec3d949d6b1.jpg

We also won the fa cup beating Man city, with a late late Pogba goal.

5a26463a45cd4_facupfinal.thumb.jpg.6e4b5aa8586e03b2df0a08dede93cc74.jpg

Very successful season in the end, winning the league and fa cup and beating Man city to both made it even sweeter. Man city did however win the champs league.

So the focus turns to the 2nd season, outgoings will include Carrick and Ibra who are going to released, with hopefully carrick staying on as a coach if he retires. I will look to sell Shaw as I just didn't play him, also one of Mkhi or Mata will probably go as neither were amazing, and alot of the time I played Pogba or lingard in the AMC role. Romero may also go, with Joel Periera coming up from the reserves to be my back up. And finally James Wilson as again don't play him and seems a waste to keep him.

Players to bring in, well I will look to get in 1 of Ozil or Sanchez as neither has signed new contracts yet, though I think Aresnal are trying with Ozil. Casimero has been transfer listed by Madrid as Zidane got sacked and Ancelotti has gone in and doesn't want him so is another I will look at. Apart from that I'm pretty happy with my team and I want to continue developing some of the youth that I brought up in Tuanzebe, Mctominay, Gribbin and Mitchell, plus Fosu Mensah and Periera coming back off loan and would like to develop Burkat as well.

Watford literally lead my league in the first season all the way until the last four games where they had a 3 point lead and crumbled and lost there last four games, Troy Deeney played superhuman for them, leagues top scorer.

Bought Harry Kane in my second season, 5 games in he already has 10 goals.

I went abit crazy with transfers after the first season, I feel like I need to share :lol:

First season I won the League by 3 points and beat Athletico in the Champs League final 3-1. 

I'll put my first season transfers in there aswel.

Had unsettled Kane for like 6 long months, had my Head scout watching him every game, come the summer I still had to fork out 115m for him and I then went abit mad and paid 138m for Dybala which is abit insane but I honestly dont think I could have got him for anything less. Sold Martial because I simply dont use Wingers and I never have, Darmian went because hes not good enough, Phil Jones and Fellani the same and Rojo I never had a place for. Chiellini and Vidal have been a revelation for me

5a280c43e2607_transferseason1.thumb.png.672f9670e05f91a5c263ca82aeface82.png5a280c4811b10_transfersseason2.thumb.png.38d17f6a676cf173a43d9d01275c6baa.png

League table looks like this so far, I have FOUR games in hand over city as I had to go and attend the Club World Cup, Slow start to the season lost to Everton Away, Arsenal away and Bournemouth away.

5a280d382354c_Leaguetableseason2.thumb.png.72d9f8b349526a2ca1b6348195240a48.png

Easiest group stage i've ever had, didnt concede a goal.

5a280fce59872_champsleagueseason2.thumb.png.e6567a99b5cf6a71074a384eab6d2d5f.png

These four seem to be doing everything so far, Dybala is magical, never afraid to run with the ball and picks out passes no one else would.

5a280d431f9b1_front4.thumb.png.acf9590cb9c11ad30f8fb55d1ee53b20.png

I think this is my strongest line up, i've blooded James Wilson, Axel Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah in this season who are all getting there fair share of games.

5a280de9a1ba3_tacticsseason2.thumb.png.6109b93ab61e16f12e5ce8f9f207dbb9.png

Just started my United save and have taken much of the advice from here on board

Smalling, Rojo and Fellaini have already gone, debating selling Blind and Lingard and have De Ligt on the way, maybe Vidal if I can get enough for Darmian

But I have a question for you. i have deals agreed for Goretzka (£30m) and Savic (£33m). There's very little between them, which one would you take?

1 hour ago, ILuvManUforeva said:

Just started my United save and have taken much of the advice from here on board

Smalling, Rojo and Fellaini have already gone, debating selling Blind and Lingard and have De Ligt on the way, maybe Vidal if I can get enough for Darmian

But I have a question for you. i have deals agreed for Goretzka (£30m) and Savic (£33m). There's very little between them, which one would you take?

Vidal is transfer listed at start of the game 

Goretzka is available on a free at end of first season 

Sorry to be the voice of reason, but Smalling, Rojo, Felliani and Lingard are all capable of playing at least one or two seasons of quality football. Depending on your tactic. So your starting position is questionable.

As to your second point, sign Savic. He's brilliant, end of. But to state the obvious, Savic will not replace Smalling, Rojo, or Lingard... he might replace Fellaini.

10 hours ago, warlock said:

Sorry to be the voice of reason, but Smalling, Rojo, Felliani and Lingard are all capable of playing at least one or two seasons of quality football. Depending on your tactic. So your starting position is questionable.

As to your second point, sign Savic. He's brilliant, end of. But to state the obvious, Savic will not replace Smalling, Rojo, or Lingard... he might replace Fellaini.

Only just started so may reassess. I have a deal for de Ligt agreed to replace Rojo and Savic over Fellaini. So maybe Smalling doesn't need to go

On 11/11/2017 at 14:50, goqs06 said:

11566BE6-2CB9-4440-B2AC-5965768277B3.png.82d012b55af7041523994bf541ecc557.png

Welcome to the FM18 Man Utd thread! 🙏

jose.thumb.jpg.20ef787219d326b6f16a5930d91e54dd.jpg

The appointment of Jose Mourinho has brought us mixed results for the 16/17 season. Though we won the Europa League, Community Shield and the League Cup, achieving 6th in the league was poor. Our squad depth is quite good, with the likes of De Gea to Bailly to Pogba to Lukaku. However, we still have room to improve the squad and bring up talented youngsters like Gomes and Gribbin.
With the financial backing of a mega-money league TV deal and the pocketbook of well-known owners, the Glazer Family, Man Utd is ready for you to take control and continue to guide the club to return to its glory days.

Club Details

Team Name: Manchester United

Nickname: The Red Devils

Year Founded: 1878

President: Ed Woodward

Current Manager: Jose Mourinho

Club Captain: Michael Carrick

Vice Captain: -nil-

League: English Premier League

Media Prediction: 2nd

Fierce Rivals: Liverpool (Local), Manchester City (Local), Leeds United (Historic)

Other Rivals: Arsenal (Competitive), Bolton (Local), Chelsea (Competitive)

Legends: Bobby Charlton (Player), Sir Alex Ferguson (Manager), Eric Cantona (Player), Bryan Robson (Player), Ryan Giggs (Player), Duncan Edwards (Player), Dennis Law (Player), George Best (Player), Matt Busby (Manager)

Icons: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (Player), Roy Keane (Player), Paul Scholes (Player), Steve Bruce (Player), Gary Neville (Player), Ruud Van Nistelrooij (Player), Peter Schmeichel (Player), David Beckham (Player)

Favoured Personnel: Cristiano Ronaldo (Player), Robin Van Persie (Player), Patrice Evra (Player), Brian McClair (Player), Nicky Butt (Player), Phil Neville (Player)

Philosophies: Play attacking football, Develop players using the club's youth system

Expectations: Reach QFs of European Champions Cup, Qualify for European Champions Cup (top 4 in the league) and reach Finals of the FA Cup

Budget: Transfer budget of £42 million, Wage budget of £3.5 million per week

17/18 Squad

5a07aaba4eaeb_1718squad.thumb.jpg.e8887e27f0c064815227e409cb32a446.jpg

Goalkeepers

We have a world-class goalkeeper in the form of David De Gea. We also have Sergio Romero who is a decent backup. In terms of youth, you should look to develop talents like Theo RichardsonIIias Moutha Sebtaoui & Joel Pereira.

Transfer Suggestions

If Sergio Romero is out with an injury, I would suggest snapping up Ventura on a free.

Left Back

Hopefully, you'll be able to keep Luke Shaw fit, as he has a lot of potential.  At the start of the game, he is out injured so you can use Daley Blind who can do a decent job. Others like Marcos Rojo and Matteo Darmian could do the job as well. Going back to youth, I would say that Cameron Borthwick-Jackson would be an ideal choice when he comes back from Leeds on loan.

Transfer Suggestions

If you're still unconvinced by these options, look out for Aaron Martin, a 21 yr old LB, from Espanyol.

Central Defender

If things go well, Eric Bailly & Victor Lindelof may very well be the next Ferdinand & Vidic. You'll also have the decent backup in the form of Chris Smalling & Phil Jones. According to the coaching staff, Axel Tuanzebe and Ro-Shaun also have good potential, so maybe instead of looking around for replacements in your first team, these two lads are the way forward? It's also worth noting that Ro-Shaun Willims is a local lad, so all the more reason to develop him. This is definitely a position of strength within our youth system. 

Transfer Suggestions

-nil-

Right Back

For me this is a position that needs attention, not desperately, but still needs attention. We have Matteo Darmian and Antonia Valencia. I do prefer to use Valencia further forward, so for me we only really have one recognised right back in Darmian and he isn't in my opinion top class or even close to that. The more worrying thing for me personally is that we have no real cover in this area, especially if your like me and don't really want Valencia in this position if possible. 

Youth... Tyrell Warren & Lee O'Connor - Personally I don't think Tyrell Warren is good enough, but there's so real potential in 15 year old Lee O'Connor, so if you don't feel you have the funds to improve in the right back position, I'd definitely look at giving Lee O'Connor some game time and look to have him as a future right back.

Transfer Suggestions

More to come...

Lads what’s the story with the opening post? Have we just forgotten about updating it or what? 

any suggestion for a best winger or WM ??

looking for a beckham style,not Ronaldo or "technical style“。

a best crosser,& important Stat = Crossing 16~20,a pure MRL,or AMRL i will train him to MRL

so far only James Rodríguez i found,but he is hard to get.

any suggestion ?

9 saat önce, kpsia518 said:

a best crosser,& important Stat = Crossing 16~20,a pure MRL,or AMRL i will train him to MRL

any suggestion ?

Quaresma :) crossing 20.

Well it's taken a while but I have now finally got through the summer and have started the 2nd season. After the success of the 1st season with the league and fa cup win, I decided I didn't have the need to change my team too much, so here are my transfer deals for season 2.

5a2ebd878ef5c_2ndseasontransfers.thumb.jpg.6eb968ff3c8be7875ed77e6b5a542ad3.jpg

2 young but great in potential players in Neves and Lozano come in, I did have a Wolves save prior to this save so know how good Neves is, plus I needed a back up to Matic, and a winger was needed and I didn't really want to spend big so Lozano was bargain at 17mil. Romero and Rojo just had no future and weren't going to play so cashed in, I did plan to sell Shaw and Mata, but no one wanted Shaw and I left it abit late to sell Mata so no one came in for him with the money I know i could get, so they both stay for now, though Shaw is in the final year of his contract. Ibra and Carrick both retired and are now under 23 coaches, also Young is going to be leaving on loan for his final year of his contract.

I have promoted Henderson as my back up keeper, plus Fosu Mensah and Periera after they came back off loan, so they join Gribbin, Mitchell, Mctominay and Tunazebe in the 1st team, I plan to use this season to see how good some of them are and if they are going to be good enough for me, so a couple will probably end up leaving at the end of the 2nd season.

Won the community shield 2-1 vs City, 2 goals for Rashford.

15 hours ago, kpsia518 said:

any suggestion ?

Koke

On 04/12/2017 at 21:08, sedge11 said:

FYI I had him on loan 2nd season in the Championship. Played AMR as an IF(a) as I don’t play with an AMC. Became natural about halfway through the season. Was absolutely superb. 24 goals and 15+ assists. Player of the season in the league. I got promoted and have got him back on loan for my 1st season in the Prem.

A little update, over halfway through the 2nd season and the table looks like this.

5a353dca5ae6a_2ndseasonsofar.thumb.jpg.d14709770929081dd16f4a550cd0fdd3.jpg

We are top and playing well and on a good run but city do have a couple of games in hand, so could take the top spot. Rashford and martial have been my best players, Rashford my top scorer and martial top assister. Lukaku has had a pretty poor season with some injuries and has struggled for goals. Defensively we have already conceded the same amount we had all of last season, which is annoying. My 2 signings Lozano and Neves have both been solid, with Lozano being the better of the two.

We have Chelsea in the 5th round of the fa cup, Athletico Madrid in the 1st knockout round of the champs league. We lost in the semis of the league cup to Spurs.

Some of my youth players have done, Henderson is my back up keeper and has been good, also Tuanzebe, Gribbin and Mctominay have been solid. Fosu Mensah, Perreria and Mitchell haven't been that great and will probably be sold at the end of the season. I have a regen in Marvin Everitt, a right back who I am going to look to develop and make my main right back when Valencia retires or goes, instead of buying someone, he has a 4 and half star potential.

everitt.thumb.jpg.ba495c3d6b25af2a3da23d0c62e5bcfb.jpg

Already planning for next season as well, and as I haven' t spent much in my 2 seasons, and with Lukaku, Mkhi and Mata not having great season, I plan to get a major signing in, the players I have shortlisted are Hazard, Icardi, Dybala and Kane, I am also gonna bring in a new centre half to partner Bailly or Lindelof.

1 hour ago, oneronaldo said:

I'd consider that Everitt lad good enough to start in cup games, heck I'd make him my backup right back and promote him to the senior squad immediately.

Yea he has played 1 cup game, and am going to give him a league game or 2 before the season finishes.

Got it planned for him, will promote him to the 1st team for the 3rd season and he will be my back up to Valencia, then hopefully take over and be my main right back in the 4th season, so I'm very hopeful he can become quality. Got Ben Davies tutoring him at the moment and got him training on the full back position.

First season ended succesfully: won: league, FA cup and champions league
In: dele alli and trent alexander

Out: fellaini, mata, Mkhytarian, blind, darmian, romero

second season about to start

in: asensio, pellegri, barkley, tierney, bailey

out: herrera, valencia, lingard, smalling, perreira

played same formation almost every game:

4-1-2-2-1

Il y a 6 heures, MFF a dit :

First season ended succesfully: won: league, FA cup and champions league
In: dele alli and trent alexander

Out: fellaini, mata, Mkhytarian, blind, darmian, romero

second season about to start

in: asensio, pellegri, barkley, tierney, bailey

out: herrera, valencia, lingard, smalling, perreira

played same formation almost every game:

4-1-2-2-1

How much did you pay for Trent Alexander and Asensio and when those In's happened please (date) ?

2nd season now finished so here is my 2nd season review.

Sadly we couldn't retain our title, this time losing out in another close battle with man city and as you can see that they had players at the top of all the stats. We did however win the fa cup for the 2nd year in a row, so that was good to end the season on a high. Barca knocked us out the champs league for the 2nd year running this time in the semis.

5a38b8e96ea09_season2.thumb.jpg.8e98c3eceda1c3fafb222bbb8b2886b3.jpg 5a38b8efdc31f_facupfinalseason2.thumb.jpg.22c77c58df50cc7fac0467025322a645.jpg

Overall season stats show Rashford and Martial our best players, Pogba and Lukaku both ended with good season but both had problems with injuries. Lozano and Neves both had good 1st seasons with us, which they can build on.

5a38b8f492bef_season2stats.thumb.jpg.0efd2d0bdf143703cf7b655791306d2d.jpg

In my 2 seasons, I haven;t spent very much and in fact both years have actually brought in more money from sales than have spent, so plans for season 3 will be to bring a big name in, the ones I'm looking at are Hazard, Dybala, Icardi, Kane and Cavani. De Vrij from Lazio will also come in and that deal has already been done, and to be honest De Vrij and one of the big names will be all I bring in.

Outs will include, Andreas Pereira, Joel Pereira, Fosu Mensah and Mitchell, none of these younger players did well for me so will all move on, also Mkhi will be sold and possibly Smalling. Otherwise very happy with the team, don't feel the need to make too many changes.

I have 3 regens which I will promote to the 1st team and look to develop  and hope they turn into world class players for me they are:

Everitt has been mentioned in a previous post, he is going to come up and be my back up right back and will eventually take over from Valencia.

everitt.thumb.jpg.3260ada4a6c3d428b94fa9630b83d870.jpg

Wilkinson needs a little work, but with some tutoring from Matic and Pogba, I reckon I can get him there.

wilkinson.thumb.jpg.5596b947f6f7d42f6100b1db117b66ef.jpg

James will probably play more reserve and under 18 games than 1st team games, more than likely only get the odd cup game in the 3rd season but want to get him in the 1st team and training.

james.thumb.jpg.d180cb2c39fa5852401cb8edf639ad30.jpg

Nice review mate, unlucky on missing out on the league.

Some good newgens there, I've got Bernhard Peters as my HOYD so I'm hopeful of good future youth intakes.

My last game we went to City

zA9AXqY.jpg?1

Destroyed them, in fact 3 goals came after we went down to 10 men.They just couldn't defend the flanks.

Even more satisfying was the fallout.

xLmmCJk.jpg?1

Finished 1st season with Man U and went great won League and Champions League, only downers was getting beat off Arsenal in FA Cup final

Only Bought in Belotti in 1st season and Ryan Sessagnon he been great as back up to shaw getting 11 assists

used my 4-3-3 tactic i played with in other versions of footy manager and it still going good all my striker scoring over 20 goals will post few screenshots

starting 2nd season and Sanchez and Sidibe have come in sold Mika and smalling

footy man 1.jpg

footy man 2.jpg

footy man 3.jpg

12 hours ago, axehan1 said:

Nice review mate, unlucky on missing out on the league.

Some good newgens there, I've got Bernhard Peters as my HOYD so I'm hopeful of good future youth intakes.

Thanks, yea dissapointed to miss out on the league after winning it in the 1st but I've got a great rivalry with Man City going, which is making my save even better.

In the 1st season we beat them to the league by 3 points and beat them in the fa cup final, which I shared in an earlier post, and even though City won the champs league, I think I won the rivalry in the 1st season and now in the 2nd they just beat me to the league, so they take it in the 2nd year.

Also in 6 games we have played I've won 2, City have won 2 and we have drawn 2.

Ive still got Nicky butt as HOYD so quite happy with the newgens hopefully I can make them become quality.

How are people using Pogba in FM18? 

I'm somewhat struggling to get him to perform to the level that he's capable of. I've tried him as a BBM and as an advanced playmaker but he's not grabbing games by the scruff of the neck. The team is winning just fine but I want to see him shine, you know?

Is there a trait I should get him to learn perhaps? Try killer balls or to get forward whenever possible?

City sacked Pep and Liverpool sacked Klopp... Pep now Managing Liverpool :lol:

reached the league cup final, Lukaku injured.. Zlatan gets injured partway through the first half .. step up my striker I signed from Inter.... no not that one..

this one

C28E0AAFF8C530790ECA9CA8340D9FA8627EBACF

only signed him for £27m earlier in the window, and he scored 5 for the U23s in a 5-6 win against Derby

8B7CB8D3F12A8B6A97A953A9505A0BB356E76D03

only went and scored a hat-trick O.O

So here are my transfers for season 3, the board gave me 300 mil to spend and with not winning the league in the 2nd season a big player was needed.

5a402251c3233_Season3transfers.thumb.jpg.c2608422576867d6cd2195adb31ad3ab.jpg

So Dybala was brought in, have to admit Hazard was my 1st choice but Chelsea wanted about 180 mil, so chose Dybala and am not regretting it. 

5a402258c2888_season3resultssofar.thumb.jpg.5564a3a450730939ae92a07cefb0816e.jpg

We have had a great start winning all 6 league games and only conceding 1, with the only blip being losing to liverpool in the cup, I did rest some players but still had a great team out, plus Pogba came on and instantly missed a penalty, which summed that game up. I have Barca in our champs league group stage and as they have knocked us out in both seasons we owe them big time. Dybala has been awesome as expected but so far my star players are Valencia and Lingard, with Lingard having 4 goals and 3 assists after 6 league games, he's been keeping Martial and Lukaku out of the team.

This is what I would say my best 11 is at the moment, even though Rashford is injured at the moment.

5a40225f7b2a0_season3best11.thumb.jpg.8f7aca3eef1a5053893084b1342a0fbe.jpg

Small update on my 3 regens that I showed in a previous post, Everitt (rb) has gone out on loan to Fulham as I felt he needed games, but I can recall him if needed, Wilkinson (cm) is in the 1st team and will hopefully give some games otherwise will loan him in jan, and James (st) who is still only 16 is tearing it up in the under 18s, so won't be long until he has to be promoted to the 1st team.

Just finished my second season in charge. Managed to win the Premier League again, but far more clearly this year. Was hoping to get to the 100-point and 100-goals mark, but didn't manage to. So that'll be my goal for next year.

5a40a72e8b7b5_ScreenShot2017-12-25at08_11_34.thumb.png.1dc79f2784f475b9497e8b2a4d9e8dfa.png

Was lucky to convince Alexis to not renew his contract at Arsenal, but sign for me. Together with Zivkovic, they ruled the wings for me. Allan was a great addition to the DMC strata, forming the engine room together with Ander. This meant that Pogba could play further forward, using his stengths there. My big signing this season was Varane, as I felt more high quality was needed at the back.

5a40a7303af32_ScreenShot2017-12-25at08_16_14.thumb.png.d793ccfe7fa369277e96b2e78bbfd7f7.png

5a40a72c9fb08_ManchesterUnited_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.6c7d9613a8954ee4bbd7233374927efc.png

Got the to Champions League final, but was defeated by Chelsea. Also had to play them in the League Cup, where I did manage to defeat them. Would have liked for it to be the other way around :-)

For next year, I'll add a high profile signing to the attack and try to keep my players - some of them have their head turned by PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Monaco, et al. Might be loosing Bailly, Gaya and Lukaku...

Hi guys, trying to get a long term united save up and running but having some initial problems early on.

got us playing quite nice, fluid atttacking football but really struggling to break teams down who come and sit behind the ball. For example I just drew 0-0 at home to Watford, having 22 shots (12 on target). I have work ball into box turned on, and try to play at a high tempo. 

Any suggestions for breaking down defensive opposition? Cheers!

Archived