FM18: Man Utd - Awaken the Sleeping Devil 👹 !

goqs06

3 hours ago, CaptainSa said:

I always find a CF/AF pairing don't do enough pressing for my liking. Defensive mistakes seem to be an area easily exploited in this year's game, hence the DFs, who do press and harass as much as I want.

CF&AF can do the defensive part if you give them the right instructions. Personally Martial and Rashford would be far more effective up top where they’re finishing and pace can be used effectively with 4-4-2 

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

CF&AF can do the defensive part if you give them the right instructions. Personally Martial and Rashford would be far more effective up top where they’re finishing and pace can be used effectively with 4-4-2 

See that was my thinking, I was hoping to get a strike force of lukaku and possibly Kane as the CF and the martial and rashford as the AF.

also going to train up burkart as an AF as he became pretty great (attribute wise) for me on FM17. Also thinking of training Gribbin as an CF as well

38 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

See that was my thinking, I was hoping to get a strike force of lukaku and possibly Kane as the CF and the martial and rashford as the AF.

also going to train up burkart as an AF as he became pretty great (attribute wise) for me on FM17. Also thinking of training Gribbin as an CF as well

Gribbin would be a fairly okay at most as the CF. 

I'd rather not sign Kane I personally just don't rate him irl so don't in game either. 

Plus Martial best role is CF so I'd stick him there more but rotate with Rashford. 

I do prefer a F9 & CF partnership, Rashford is a beast in that role and Ibrahimovic was a beast in that role on 17 and has done pretty good for me since being back from his long term injury he has at start 6 apps 2 goals 1 assist 1 MOM , pass acc 73% with a 7.03 rating 

58 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Gribbin would be a fairly okay at most as the CF. 

I'd rather not sign Kane I personally just don't rate him irl so don't in game either. 

Plus Martial best role is CF so I'd stick him there more but rotate with Rashford. 

I do prefer a F9 & CF partnership, Rashford is a beast in that role and Ibrahimovic was a beast in that role on 17 and has done pretty good for me since being back from his long term injury he has at start 6 apps 2 goals 1 assist 1 MOM , pass acc 73% with a 7.03 rating 

Ah I may try the F9 & CF partnership, I did make Gribbin an F9 on fm17 to great effect

18 hours ago, Zeonflux said:

Ah I may try the F9 & CF partnership, I did make Gribbin an F9 on fm17 to great effect

False 9 should be fine to what I can tell his attributes suit it more than other two roles

Anyone else had this much of an injury prone Lukaku? Had couple days left and had no other striker other than Zlatan and medical team said he'd manage something like 45-60minutes one of those. So started him in the Manchester derby at the Etihad. 5 minutes in he's got to be brought off due to being injured which I knew was a risk in it's self but with no Rashforrd had to try him on for first half atleast. He has also recovered from injury then not even a day after has a relapse in training from the injury he just recovered from so he's out for longer than he should have been.

Though bringing on Lingard and going strikerless for the remaining 85 minutes paid off though with Lingard scoring 5 minutes after coming on and what beauty it was. Then Martial finished off the match with a lovely dribble through 3/4 players and placed a tidy finish in the corner in the 12th minute. Though Lindelof gave a penalty away and was scored we should have scored more as we had them at their mercy just wasteful shots being taken. But getting the three points is pleasing again against City.

Romelu Lukaku_ History Injuries.png

At the start of season 4, this is my first and second team (John/Nelson regens).

Still no signings, but nice results every Seasons. We won the PL 3 times, CL 2 times (+finale loss to L'pool season 1), 2 FA-Cup wins and 2 wins in the Carabao Cup. This is fun :) 

I pretty much play the same way every match, but sometimes move the mentality to Control when we are ahead away from home to the big Clubs.

2018-02-03.thumb.png.e605a4b601f6a87b6e7e824b9ec9565f.png5a75c4a87231e_2018-02-03(1).thumb.png.8231ef8c6731331de2a7c01bc762f73f.png

6 hours ago, McClane29 said:

I'm about to start a new save with Man Utd and intend to sack all of Mourinho's reliant staff, i.e. Faria, Louro etc.

Any staff suggestions to help with getting 5* training?

Unsure on getting rid of Faria, probably won't find better or by much. 

Other staff just search attributes by category hard to get all 5*, I managed to get 3 4.5* and rest 4 or 3.5* due to restrictions on staff numbers 

6 hours ago, McClane29 said:

I'm about to start a new save with Man Utd and intend to sack all of Mourinho's reliant staff, i.e. Faria, Louro etc.

Any staff suggestions to help with getting 5* training?

Not quite sure how many are 5 stars but some of the staff I got on my 1st man utd save and who I usually always go for are:

Mike phelan as assistant, Steve Holland is also good though.

Seppo Eickhorn, Miguel Grau and Martin Hunter as my coaches, all pretty good, Seppo Eickhorn is particuarly good, think he's a scout as Schalke.

Clement Hazard for a physio.

David Coles, Vic Bettinelli or Rudiger Volburn are all good goalkeeping coaches.

Hope that helps and some of these are good for you.

On 03/02/2018 at 19:18, Chapman7 said:

Unsure on getting rid of Faria, probably won't find better or by much. 

Other staff just search attributes by category hard to get all 5*, I managed to get 3 4.5* and rest 4 or 3.5* due to restrictions on staff numbers 

Yeah pretty sure Faria is the best Ass. Man on the game!

I'm mid-way through the second season. Trying to renew Marcos Rojo's contract but he's had a work permit rejected as he's not played enough recent international games for Argentina. 

Is there anything I can do to get around this or am I going to have to let him go on a free at the end of the season? I read that if you make a player one of your top earners they get granted a permit, is this true? Cheers guys!

24 minutes ago, Jon MUFC said:

I'm mid-way through the second season. Trying to renew Marcos Rojo's contract but he's had a work permit rejected as he's not played enough recent international games for Argentina. 

Is there anything I can do to get around this or am I going to have to let him go on a free at the end of the season? I read that if you make a player one of your top earners they get granted a permit, is this true? Cheers guys!

Start playing him to get him in the Argentina squad to play some matches then try again after a few months pas is what I would suggest. Not come across this yet on mine but only in first season

23 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Start playing him to get him in the Argentina squad to play some matches then try again after a few months pas is what I would suggest. Not come across this yet on mine but only in first season

He's been starting most league games. I play him and Bailly together usually, he hit a run of form and I couldn't justify dropping him - would be gutted to lose him on a free.

He's currently in the Argentina squad - just presume they don't start him much, annoyingly. The next international window is in March I think so maybe if he gets a game then I'll be able to get him a permit?!

At the start of my 3rd season after an amazing 2nd season that had us go unbeaten in the league (29wins, 9 draws) and I got an interesting decision to make.

Real Madrid as always was sniffing around De Gea and I was struggling to get him to agree a new deal and so I went in for Donnarumma as a replacement. Milan of course kept knocking me back, wanting as much as Real Madrid offered for De Gea (just over £60m) so in the end I decided I was going to risk it and not go any further.

Anyways, I got De Gea to agree they were not offering enough and it appears Real Madrid got priced out and 2months later their interest has gone and De Gea contract will run for 2 more years ... But Donnarumma was so upset about the rejected bids he forced through a transfer request and they want only £31m for him and he willing to take a massive pay cut to sign a 5yr deal and join us.

Wondering if I should try and get De Gea contract extended now, and still bring in Donnarumma for rotating in constantly (will mean selling Sergio though who always done well for me). Sure it be a lot for a 2nd goalkeeper in regards to transfer funds and wages but finding it tough as I don't really need him if madrid do not come harrassing again... but if they do it be impossible to find another young quality keeper for that price :s

7 hours ago, xx11 said:

At the start of my 3rd season after an amazing 2nd season that had us go unbeaten in the league (29wins, 9 draws) and I got an interesting decision to make.

Real Madrid as always was sniffing around De Gea and I was struggling to get him to agree a new deal and so I went in for Donnarumma as a replacement. Milan of course kept knocking me back, wanting as much as Real Madrid offered for De Gea (just over £60m) so in the end I decided I was going to risk it and not go any further.

Anyways, I got De Gea to agree they were not offering enough and it appears Real Madrid got priced out and 2months later their interest has gone and De Gea contract will run for 2 more years ... But Donnarumma was so upset about the rejected bids he forced through a transfer request and they want only £31m for him and he willing to take a massive pay cut to sign a 5yr deal and join us.

Wondering if I should try and get De Gea contract extended now, and still bring in Donnarumma for rotating in constantly (will mean selling Sergio though who always done well for me). Sure it be a lot for a 2nd goalkeeper in regards to transfer funds and wages but finding it tough as I don't really need him if madrid do not come harrassing again... but if they do it be impossible to find another young quality keeper for that price :s

For £31m you grab Donnarumma and then give DDG a new contract and sell him to PSG instead.

9 hours ago, xx11 said:

I usually try get Donnarumma in the first season then have him rotate with DDG after a few seasons.

Keeps them both happy and away from other clubs.

Besides after Real's antics towards my players in the previous games I never sell them players unless they're transfer listed and even then I screw them for as much money as I can

I decided to do a Man Utd save on full game now  and the first season was amazing results i did the treble with winning Premier league , Champions Cup  and Fa cup.

For transfers  in the first season i wanted to largely keep squad and give it a chance so only Signed 1 major player for a bargain price 

6zq16s.png

I am so far in 5th off august in the second season and spent considerable amount more this season though i am thrilled in getting sanchez there was  battle with chelsea and man city to get him on a free  and im looking at maybe bringing in Dolberg

2v9x2yr.png

I have been lining up with a 4-2-3-1 using a shadow striker and 2 inside wingers on attack  then lukaku upfront as a complete foward   

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.. i have gone through with the purchase of Donnarumma. Just loaded up and completed the deal. Played my final preseason friendly, and then it the pre-match interview for the Charity shield and I am asked a shocking question that informed me HARRY KANE has been transfer listed by request.

WTF

I have NEVER purchased or shown an interest in him in any games and the possibility to purchase someone never had before and thus need to tactically figure out interests me. . . especially as Lakuku my only true out and out striker currently with Martial/Sanchez being the cover if I need it. Valued at £55m, they asking for £69m. Man City are the only other party currently interested in him but it has only been 1 day since he went on transfer list. It is more than I would like to pay for him but I think I try negotiate a deal with them, although Spurs current manager is upset with me given i basically called him an idiot for transfer listing Kane. lol

Other thing related to the Donnarumma transfer. Ac Milan purchased Sergio of me for £9m + 30% profit (and the dumbest thing i ever seen as an addon fee - £1 in 12month installments for 3 years ... thats is right, they gonna give me 33pence a year for 3 years!!!!!!! I kept it in the deal as it was such a hilarious offer) so that brings the net cost of the deal to £22m and if they sell him it be even less. Looking at their team he be going straight into being their #1 goalkeeper as Montipo is upset and transfer listed and Soncin who appears to be their sub keeper is youth player on loan list.

SEASON 23/24 REVIEW

This season turned out to be one of my most successful seasons ever on any version of FM

The league was won at a canter ,we were absolutely dominant whilst everyone else took points off each other.

OZKI1it.jpg?1

Top league scorer was Dele Alli  with 21 league goals from central midfield in the Mezzala role

A6nQaoQ.jpg?1

I would have to class this as possibly the best record I have ever had in FM where a central midfielder scores 20 goals, he also racked up 18 assists with an average of 8.12, amazing.

The goals/assists were shared out amongst the following players who were all rotated regularly throughout the campaign.

IafYjRy.jpg?1

T5Rga9j.jpg?1

dAW4F2R.jpg?1

iIazcue.jpg?1

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS

OPHpm7A.jpg?1

For once I didn't meet any of PSG,Real or Barcelona this season and the only real issue was the semi win over Arsenal which went all the way to extra-time.The final win over Juventus was on way traffic, 3-0 at half-time and they got their consolation goal in the 91st minute.

FA CUP WINNERS

OqH8YmX.jpg?1

The stand out matches turned out to be to successive 7-0 scorelines.

Spurs played the final with two defensive midfielders and only ever tried to hit us on the break.

CARABAO CUP WINNERS

dLQ0iVt.jpg?1

A straightforward 4-1 win in the final meant we had a clean sweep of all trophies on offer to us

FINANCES

v3QEbyU.jpg?1

Not an image I normally post but just wanted to show how healthy we are looking with a crazy transfer budget.

TACTICS

3fCeeYN.jpg?1

Based on Cleons possession thread of a couple of FM's ago.Having great fun with it especially the IWB position that essentially is an extra midfielder.

So we are not quite yet at the start of the next season yet, the fixture list has given us an away match at Arsenal to start off the new season and a Super Cup fixture against Real Madrid.

The transfer window will be quiet for us just 2 transfers in

Diego Assogna, a £39m capture from Atalanta who I have earmarked as Dele Alli's successor

jnoAHxc.jpg?1

Melvin Van Der Wal who we bought from Juventus for £79m

OOCN565.jpg?1

Afonso Sousa was sold after just one season for £31m to RBL.He did nothing but complain about not playing so he had to go.

Moise Kean is wanted by 3 clubs and has already come to me saying he wants to leave so if I get an offer near the £100m mark he can go.I wouldn't be too upset as I have a loan player in Ashley Hunt who spent last season with Norwich in the Championship and helped them get promoted back to the premiership with 20 league goals and as many assists so I will find space for him in my 1st team squad

UNnvMoe.jpg?1

On a side note, I want the England job but Southgate is still in charge and they aren't doing to bad in the 24 Euro's so he'll probably keep his job for another World Cup qualifying campaign.

Finished my first season, squeaked the league as I started playing u23s in the last 5 games.

Finished the season with a ludicrous CL final against Liverpool. Had Matic sent off in the 40th minute after Pulisic put me ahead. Went behind to 2 Coutinho headers (!). Martial put me level before  rsaljko was sent off with 10 minutes to go, Clyne also sent off 2 minutes later before Martial went on a mad run from half way to win it with 3 minutes left. Insane game and a real fun way to round off the season.

Martial played insane upfront all season, 32 goals and 7 assists in 29 games including 17 goals in 11 in the Champions League.

2020/21 Season Review

Competitions:

2021_PL.jpg

A first ever undefeated league season for the club saw us break all manner of records, including most goals scored, games won and points!

ECL_21.jpg

In the ECL we regained our title having lost out last year in the final to Barcelona, it was great to beat City in the final 

FA21.jpg

Four out of four in the FA Cup, this year it was Liverpool who fell in the final, making the victory all the more sweet.

Carabao21.jpg

We lost our grip on the Carabao at the first hurdle with a penalties loss to Spurs

Squad

Squad21.jpg

Squad212.jpg

The Squad had a number of very good performances with Martial finishing second in the world player of the year and winning the best player in Europe. Felix Passlack won the EPL player of the season and Gribben the young player.

End of season review.

Martial has been a monster all season. Which has deservedly led to him winning multiple awards. Top scorer in Premier League, English players ' young player of the year and English footballer of the year.

David De Gea won the Goalkeeper of the year.

I also won the Manager of year.

Alex Chapman_  Inbox-3.pngAlex Chapman_  Inbox-4.png

Alex Chapman_  Inbox-6.pngEnglish Premier Division_ Overview Stages.png

English Premier Division_ Stats Player Overview.pngAlex Chapman_  Inbox-2.png

Alex Chapman_  Inbox-5.png

Carrick has decided to retire at the end of the season and end of season has passed. Now need to get a replacement to play Half Back when Matic needs a rest etc.  Thought about Neves and had a offer for £20 million accepted, if anyone else can think of anyone I could get then be appreciated 

9 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Carrick has decided to retire at the end of the season and end of season has passed. Now need to get a replacement to play Half Back when Matic needs a rest etc.  Thought about Neves and had a offer for £20 million accepted, if anyone else can think of anyone I could get then be appreciated 

100% get Neves if you can. I missed out on him when he was at Wolves and had to spend big on him from PSG but he has been worth it, £20m is a steal.

12 hours ago, rstebbing1709 said:

100% get Neves if you can. I missed out on him when he was at Wolves and had to spend big on him from PSG but he has been worth it, £20m is a steal.

Cheers, going to look about see who else might be available for that position before finalising any deal for him aha

Just wanting some suggestions on who I could sign other than a DM. Feel I could get a striker with just Rashford and Lukaku with Zlatan retiring end of season and Dybala signing new contract will have to wait till next season unless I try training Gribbin as another False 9.

5a8373408c78c_ManchesterUnited_Overview-2.thumb.png.dd82e1ef6a5cd4dbfcda17629ebb4dba.png

7 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Just wanting some suggestions on who I could sign other than a DM. Feel I could get a striker with just Rashford and Lukaku with Zlatan retiring end of season and Dybala signing new contract will have to wait till next season unless I try training Gribbin as another False 9.

5a8373408c78c_ManchesterUnited_Overview-2.thumb.png.dd82e1ef6a5cd4dbfcda17629ebb4dba.png

If you're looking for a striker to rotate with Lukaku that won't complain at being the second choice but will guarantee goals when he plays then I highly recommend Timo Werner if he is still available. Got him Season 2 in my game for around £40m and he has been worth every penny.

Season Review 21/22 - The year we won it all!

This was the year it finally all came together, although we ended our undefeated run in the league at 64 games we broke records for most wins in a season at 32 and points at 103.

EPL22.jpg

In the Cup Competitions we continued our strangle hold on the FA Cup making it five years out of five

FA22.jpg

The Carabao Cup was retained

Carabao22.jpg

The CWC was back in the cabinet 

CWC22.jpg

Finally the sweetest ECL victory possible stopping Liverpool getting back on level terms with us 

ECL22.jpg

Transfers 21/22

Transfer22.jpg

Tactics

We tend to play one of two systems three CM when playing against sides we may have problems with to keep things tight

Tactics1.jpg

When playing sides we should beat or we are looking to create openings I'll move one of the CMs up to the AM strata usually Gribbin will come in 

Tactics2.jpg

Alongside keeping things rolling with United I took over with England at the start of the season, leading them to the World Cup and ending 56 years of hurt 

Archived