[FM18] Club Overview Panel

D_LO_

Last year this forum was inundated with requests re. the club overview and often a lot of questions were asked several times before. I can see it's starting to edge that way this year already too... 

So in an attempt to keep it a bit more contained and less frustrating for everyone I'm going to try and keep the majority of my contributions (i.e. downloads/help) within here. Hopefully this will be a good referral thread. 

Having become familiar with the types of requests, I will be personally customising the club overview panel again this year (and it's 'secondary', associated panels) and will be making any finished results available in separate downloads here. That will progress over time... Hopefully others will contribute their work too, in the long run I'm sure it will result in less aggravation with requests...

So to start with....last year there were lots of requests re. enabling the stadium picture within the default club overview panel, so I'll start this year by replicating @wkdsoul's FM17 download for FM18.  If you want a simpler, default style overview with just the pic. added, place the two attached panels within your club folder in the panels folder (you will need a modifiable skin to start with, michael has provided some base skin downloads at the top of the page). 

I've also made the left hand column slightly larger and balanced (see screen shot) As always the stadium pics themselves are a separate download, found in the usual places (fmscout). 

(I've edited it completely with FM18 files so there should be no compatibility issues. I've not edited anything else with this download but I am a hi. res. user so not sure how it will look on low res.)

club overview stadium panel.xml

club overview panel.xml

directory to place your download: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\skins\SKIN NAME\panels\club - create any folders not already present. 

delete any numbers in the download title so your files read club overview panel and club overview stadium panel within your folder

Screenshot (388).png

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

That's great. I've put the club folder only into the base skin dark, but names and faces of manager and key players are missing.

I've been playing FM/CM for around 20 years but I'm fairly new to the skinning side of things so this is not really intuitive to me yet. Thanks for all help.

missing faces.png

5 minutes ago, karlcole said:

Hi all can anyone give me the full directory for where the club panels go ive just downloaded the base skin and had a play around but cant seem to get it working. its my first time trying this so any help would be great

Thanks 

fm18/skin/Base18/panels/club

5 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

I'm going to be coming and back and forth with it this year, so I'll be going quiet again soon :lol:

I'm building mine from scratch, so have a desktop full of xmls, and photoshop layout ideas lol.

6 hours ago, keysi said:

Thank you ;) I edited size a little but it works and looks great. 

vfswtUvYQkOwxvNJjNjiSg.png

I love this club overview. I dont now  how to ediit the panles that that @D_LO_ posted in this thread.
Could somebody help me ?

I propably use an other resolution, so some of the nic elooking stuff like city pics etc are not showing correctly, so i would liek to remove them etc, like in the picture ahead.

Greetings

Max

5 hours ago, lembergman said:

What about DF 11? panels

Offtopic: These are already created by 'Pikawa' and will be available within 48 hours.

Ontopic: Sorry for interrupting the post.

Keep up the 'brainstorm' sessions. You guys make FM so much better.

1 hour ago, D_LO_ said:

I'd be surprised, it looks like the ID is used on tactical and match/analysis pages mainly. With the club overview being a rare exception (and I'm assuming that's from another version of the game so arguably, even that's fortunate).

The ID wasn't compatible with the human profile in FM17 ("pwtc") it's probably not changed and besides you've probably tested it already... 

The preferred formation pitch is likely the only option I'm afraid but I'll try and keep an eye out for any alternative IDs as I go through the files. 

Is there a way to get the last used tactics or whatever it is off the opposition's tactics screen? (go onto an AI controlled team, then into the tactics page), I had a look but I couldn't find any IDs or the like. 

6 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Is there a way to get the last used tactics or whatever it is off the opposition's tactics screen? (go onto an AI controlled team, then into the tactics page), I had a look but I couldn't find any IDs or the like. 

I had a go at that, last year i think, pretty sure mike said nope... :( 

22 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

3rd Update

I think this will be the version that I'll be using but I remain open to suggestions/alternatives for now... 

Just extract file directly into your skin and over-write any files when prompted. It should be fairly self explanatory.

(as already mentioned the stadium pics and city pics are a separate download)

Untitled.png

club_overview_files.rar

or

http://www.mediafire.com/file/08hfeb1ya9022m3/club_overview_files.rar

Hi i´ve put these files into my basic skin because i like this the most, the stadium pics work but the citypics don´t. :(

I am very positive that i have them in the correct place, but it must be something very simple that i am missing are there different citypacks?

Cause i donwloaded the pics attached to the Flutskin in an other forum, are there other ones that would work without going for a day long search for errors?

I want to play and it is really annoying that something don´t work even if you are sure it used to work like this last year.

7 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Like last year, it's the Vitrex city pic pack (on fmscout).

The config. is different so they don't appear as background pics too. 

Thx for the quick reply and it works. :thup:

I would prefer the citypics to be slightly bigger, is there a simple way to get them a little bit bigger without messing anything up?

I mean it will work for now i`m pretty pleased that i can play now with everything i need to feel right, but if there is a quick way to change it in the config or so that would be perfect.  

4 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Something will need to be reduced, either the kits (default_height line 146) or the selector panels below (default_height line 244 and minimum_height line 247) You can have a play with the numbers however you like.

But be prepared to move that City Pic because you'll throw off the alignment (insets on line 180 & 181) . 

...Club Overview Panel obviously. 

Oh ok then i leave it like this i thought it can stay there and get just a bit bigger without having to bother to much about the other things.

But thx anyway now i spended enough time in puting everything together and will leave that for some other day, now i want to play finally thank you again. :D:brock: 

Archived