Sports Interactive Community
KUBI

Pre game and In game Editor - General Talk & Tips

Has anyone tried negative career plans? I mean a career plan for a player to not want to move to a country. I've seen that it's sort of negated after a couple of seasons in some test games I made. Players I put as 'doesn't want to move to England', or France or Italy etc still move there for mega deals 2-3 seasons in. Before that, they'd move to these countries within a season (January or end of 1st season). Does a lot of money make this an ineffective option?

Hello,
I do not know if the moderators follow this channel, I hope ...
I have a question about the game publisher (in game). I do not find, in the attributes of the players, the "displacement". This attribute exists in the pre-game 2019 publisher, but it does not appear to exist in the in-game publisher.
If anyone knows the answer, thanks
If this attribute was omitted in the in-game editor, it would be nice to make the change in an upcoming patch.

On 07/11/2018 at 15:58, adineen98 said:

I noticed that in the club tab, there is a new option called "Is Institute". Anyone know what this actually means and how it affects clubs in game?

I'm also looking for the answer to this question.

Am 7.11.2018 um 21:58 schrieb adineen98:

I noticed that in the club tab, there is a new option called "Is Institute". Anyone know what this actually means and how it affects clubs in game?

As usual, nobody knows until someone tried it out. 

21 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I'm also looking for the answer to this question.

All Star option is new too but have not been able to get it to work

Hello, its been a while since i used an editor (Last one was 2015). After recently watching a re run of sky ones Dream Team, i decided to create Harchester to play with in a new save.

I have added all players, backroom staff and board members. However whenever i load up a new game, non of the board members are in the team (Ive got regens it seems) and only some of the backroom team have loaded up. Why is this? does anyone know? 

Any hep will be much appreciated

vor 6 Minuten schrieb cbz1979:

Hello, its been a while since i used an editor (Last one was 2015). After recently watching a re run of sky ones Dream Team, i decided to create Harchester to play with in a new save.

I have added all players, backroom staff and board members. However whenever i load up a new game, non of the board members are in the team (Ive got regens it seems) and only some of the backroom team have loaded up. Why is this? does anyone know? 

Any hep will be much appreciated

You need to load all players from that nation when you set up the game.

9 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You need to load all players from that nation when you set up the game.

Ahh thank you for super quick reply....one last question, how do i do that? ive been looking for a tick box but cant really see one for this? 

vor 20 Minuten schrieb cbz1979:

Ahh thank you for super quick reply....one last question, how do i do that? ive been looking for a tick box but cant really see one for this? 

Click on advanced setup, then add your country and tick "players from nation".

vor 4 Minuten schrieb KUBI:

Click on advanced setup, then add your country and tick "players from nation".

Thank you for your help :-) much appreciated. 

So after trying the advanced sent up > add country > tick players from nation using my fm19 editors database i still cannot get backroom team and board staff to be in the game, its always a few of the coaching staff then the rest missing, and the board is basically a regen chairman. 

Beow is a link to the file, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to take a look and see if they can see anything im doing wrong? It would be much appreciated. (File also contains my local sunday leagues too.

Thank you in advance for any help and guidance 

Harchester Test.xml

Am 13.11.2018 um 15:53 schrieb cbz1979:

A dozen of the persons you've added don't have the nationality English. You need also all the other nationalities loaded - players with nationality (Irleand, Australia etc) if you want them in the game.

On 14/11/2018 at 17:24, KUBI said:

A dozen of the persons you've added don't have the nationality English. You need also all the other nationalities loaded - players with nationality (Irleand, Australia etc) if you want them in the game.

Brilliant, problem resolved. Thank you for your help, its much appreciated. 

Hello. I bought an in-game editor for fm2019 today. What are the chances to use it in an already acting game and not launch a new one?

5 hours ago, vonSuchy said:

Hello. I bought an in-game editor for fm2019 today. What are the chances to use it in an already acting game and not launch a new one?

The IGE can be used in both saved and new games.

You may have to exit both the game and Steam, restart Steam and FM, then load the game.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb vonSuchy:

No effect. New game, edit icon appear. Saved game edit icon not appear,

Maybe you ticket "prevent use of in game editor" when you started that save?

2 hours ago, vonSuchy said:

where and how can you add a new player to the team in the editor, i.e. create the entire player profile from scratch?

Only possible with the PGE, not the IGE, I believe. Don't have the PGE open now, but I think it's pretty self explanatory.

3 minutes ago, Mercy Roy said:

Please Is there any other way to download football manager 18 pre game editor apart from steam 

no, because editor must 'load' fm18 files and database to work.

4 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

no, because editor must 'load' fm18 files and database to work.

But I downloaded FM 17 editor from a site different from steam and it worked perfectly fine 

Can you please advise the full game version of the game- it should be in the format of FM18.x.x

Good night, bought the game, downloaded. (FM19)

Bought "in-game editor" In the game creating a career, I leave the opportunity to use the editor, in the settings there is a tick to display the icon, but it is not.

help me

12.JPG

22.JPG

32.JPG

42.JPG

Is it just me or does there appear to be a bug with the editor when it comes to stadiums for cup matches when converting to advanced rules?

If I set a cup final to be held in the national stadium, this works fine in the game if I use the standard editor.

If I convert to advanced rules, the final is held in the home team's stadium when testing the database in the game.

When looking at the files in the advanced editor, there is nothing there saying that the final is being played in the home team's stadium. Everything says it is being played in the national stadium, but this simply isn't happening.

I am experiencing this issue with every single file rather than a specific one.

Edit:
I have figured this out. For some reason it is converting the stadium rules to home in the 'Fixture Dates' tab.

Edited by Afro_Stud

First and foremost: I don't know if I should post here and I don't know if my question has already been answered.

I wanted to know if anyone has done or knows how to change the registration rules of UEFA competitions.
For example, I'd like to have no limit of squad - ergo not being limited at 25 players max per team, but 99. And no limit of homegrown players?
(Kind of the same for Serie A, having clubs restricted to 25 players and only 2 or 3 news players each year is annoying.)

A quick question: How is it this year with the editors and achievements? 

In 17 it was no problem but I read in 18 the ingame editor blocked achievements automatically. Is this same true in 19? How about the pregame editor? 

And what in these weird circumstances the editor is not allowed but for some reason is checked as used?

In game Editor.

Can someone explain to me what every hidden attribute does on a manager (like business, hardness of training, directness, Attacking, Defensive line, etc) please!
Would love to know!

Hey I've made a database with Australian players in their prime but when I tick the box to use the custom database it doesn't show up when I load my game, none of my changes have been made. Why isn't this working?? 

6 hours ago, BadPiriPiri said:

In game Editor.

Can someone explain to me what every hidden attribute does on a manager (like business, hardness of training, directness, Attacking, Defensive line, etc) please!
Would love to know!

They don't affect you as a manager. They are traits for AI managers.

Hello guys,

I have this particular, strange problem. I've added a new player to the game. It's a greek player and his surname is not one of the defaults FM is auto translate when you're changing the game language. So when I change the game's language the player's name is not translated at all.

Which file of FM is managing the auto-translate of pretty much everything when you're changing from one language to another and is there a way to edit this file so I can add a new field for this new surname?

Thank you in advance!

Em 31/12/2018 em 12:17, phnompenhandy disse:

They don't affect you as a manager. They are traits for AI managers.

Yeah i know that!
But i like creating friends as managers, and could make them more unique, that's why i asked.

On 31/12/2018 at 22:02, Aussieliverpool said:

Hey I've made a database with Australian players in their prime but when I tick the box to use the custom database it doesn't show up when I load my game, none of my changes have been made. Why isn't this working?? 

Can anyone help answer why my database isnt working? 

Hi!

I have the following problem. 

When I have an .fmf file in  C:\Users\*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\editor data the game crashes. When I have a file there and I start the game it just doesn't load and the TM shows (not responding). I try moving the file, than starting the game. The game starts, but whenever I move the file back in the folder, the game crashes. 

Also when I try to merge it with the data update I have this error https://gyazo.com/c551d564199529748a9ee978468259b2

Is this even the right place to ask?

Editor 2019 v19.1.1.1159536 (2019.01.15 01.39.30).dmp

Hi All,

I am trying to change team names in the editor, but when starting new game it is still showing the original one. After exporting and using in versus mode, still original names. What am I missing to change to make this working properly? Thx

hi got a problem with the editor not finding my editor data when i click to editor data folder its empty it was working fine but not anymore any ideas why? just saved a file with one change and it finds that but nothing else?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by izagooner

On 07/11/2018 at 20:58, adineen98 said:

I haven't tested anything but, looking at the list of clubs with the option ticked, it appears to be organisations that develop youth players outwith a traditional football club. The highest reputation institution is INF Clairefontaine which is a French training academy for players between in their teens. I don't know how the game treats them, but it's possible that it allows players to be in the 'squad' of the institution while being registered to another team.

Has anyone figure out what does the colours (foreground and Background) in general tab of a team does?

It is confusing me, because until today the colours for the teams where all set on the kits tab.

11 minutes ago, grade said:

Has anyone figure out what does the colours (foreground and Background) in general tab of a team does?

It is confusing me, because until today the colours for the teams where all set on the kits tab.

I think these are the colours used in the club overview screen so background would be the main colour and foreground would be the text colour. 

Just now, Weiry said:

I think these are the colours used in the club overview screen so background would be the main colour and foreground would be the text colour. 

Okay, then, just another step to do. Thanks for the help.

Is it possible to edit a staff role with the in-game editor, for example, if I want to make a general manager a scout instead?

17 hours ago, JohanCruyff#14 said:

Is it possible to edit a staff role with the in-game editor, for example, if I want to make a general manager a scout instead?

Yes, Go to edit staff details -> staff roles -> make scout 20.

This should automatically change to scout if the staff member is a free agent. But if they're already at your club you'll have to terminate contract and then move back to your club