Sports Interactive Community
KUBI

Pre game and In game Editor - General Talk & Tips

Wonder if anyone else has had this problem when adding a nation?

I've taken out northern Ireland and put in Great Britain, however, when I load the nation selection screen, not all of my nations are selected. It goes up to Italy and then nothing else. Anyone else had a similar issue, and know a way around, or is this going to be bug worthy?

You can't just replace Northern Ireland with Great Britain. How should that work? They are selecting players from England, Wales and Scotland too and this Nations are also active in the game.

2 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You can't just replace Northern Ireland with Great Britain. How should that work? They are selecting players from England, Wales and Scotland too and this Nations are also active in the game.

I didn't realise GB was active, thought it was an inactive nation. My bad!

I'm trying to re-instate the Anglo-Italian Cup. How would  I fill it so that teams finishing outside the play-offs in League One and Relegation Zone in League Two qualify for it? Am I right in thinking that I need to set it in the leagues?

What's the easiest way to have promotion/relegation (from normal league to regional one and other way around)? 

2 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

What's the easiest way to have promotion/relegation (from normal league to regional one and other way around)? 

If you want to have correct teams in regional leagues than you can add all teams from regional leagues (child) to parent competition, set regional division settings for all clubs and game will sort teams properly. Also you need to set min/max number of teams in child competitions and that number will vary from year to year.

2 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

If you want to have correct teams in regional leagues than you can add all teams from regional leagues (child) to parent competition, set regional division settings for all clubs and game will sort teams properly. Also you need to set min/max number of teams in child competitions and that number will vary from year to year.

So if I have one normal division and below 5 regional ones (created and filled with teams) - do I have to add all regional division teams to parent competition teams section? 

Structure is like this:

• 1st level (1 div)
  • 2nd level (1 div)
  • 3rd level (5 regional divisions)
  • 4th level (10 regional divisions, south and north for every region)

yeah its easier to handle teams that way. add teams to parent division and game will sort them properly using regional divisions. Just make sure you set regional divisions properly for each team.

Hey all, I was just wondering if there was a clean way to change a traditionally "summer time" league into a more orthodox winter league? 

Specifically, I want to change the Rep of Ireland league to run from August to May rather than March to November. 

1 minute ago, JDeeguain said:

Hey all, I was just wondering if there was a clean way to change a traditionally "summer time" league into a more orthodox winter league? 

Specifically, I want to change the Rep of Ireland league to run from August to May rather than March to November. 

You would need to add the Irish league from scratch.

I'm playing with my mate online (he's the host) and I think he didn't tick disable in-game editor before we started because none of us have it. He just bought it via steam recently so I'm wondering can I see during the game that he is using the editor and is it possible to disable it during the game?

Preferences --> game status

It shows if the ingame editor is enabled and used. If enabled he could only hide it, but not disable it.

Ι opened a new topic but i guess this one is the correct for my question. Recently a friend of mine gifted me a steam account with the football manager purchased in it. my question is, can i buy the in game editor by using my main steam account? or i need the account that the game is purchased with in order to buy the in game editor?

2 minutes ago, virtsou285 said:

Ι opened a new topic but i guess this one is the correct for my question. Recently a friend of mine gifted me a steam account with the football manager purchased in it. my question is, can i buy the in game editor by using my main steam account? or i need the account that the game is purchased with in order to buy the in game editor?

I guess it does only work with the account the game is purchased. Why did he open an account instead of just give you the game code?

Any useful tips/advice on converting excel files to xml and other way around? Like adding teams in excel (with some data) and converting this to xml file.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Bigpole:

Any useful tips/advice on converting excel files to xml and other way around? Like adding teams in excel (with some data) and converting this to xml file.

@krlenjushka could answer this.

3 hours ago, Bigpole said:

im free tomorrow afternoon so you can send message to remind me.

What am I missing?

I made some changes on the editor and saved those file to the cloud. yet when I go to start a new game and configure database etc I can't see an option to add my new edited files to the database.

Any help appreciated.

1 minute ago, Michael18 said:

What am I missing?

I made some changes on the editor and saved those file to the cloud. yet when I go to start a new game and configure database etc I can't see an option to add my new edited files to the database.

Any help appreciated.

I guess those files must be in editor data folder.

On 6.12.2017 at 12:43, krlenjushka said:

im free tomorrow afternoon so you can send message to remind me.

reminding you :D 

I would like to know if this is possible.

In lower league, I like to place nearly 200 teams. The idea is to have a playoff that narrows to a final 40 teams. Those teams are divided into two groups (divided by region), where in end of all games the top 2 teams of each group gets promoted.

is it possible? If so, How would I do that?

On 12/11/2017 at 01:14, KUBI said:

Team Pool is a new feature in the league rules.

You can set a pool of teams that could be used for a specific competition.

Team Pool is also available in stages.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-12 um 02.12.19.jpg

What does this exactly do?

Edited by grade

On 12/8/2017 at 00:50, grade said:

I would like to know if this is possible.

In lower league, I like to place nearly 200 teams. The idea is to have a playoff that narrows to a final 40 teams. Those teams are divided into two groups (divided by region), where in end of all games the top 2 teams of each group gets promoted.

is it possible? If so, How would I do that?

Does anyone know this?

vor 12 Minuten schrieb grade:

Does anyone know this?

You could add two different competitions.

First the playoff for the 200 teams as qualification cup for the second competition (the easiest way would be 160 teams and two rounds - it also works with other figures. 1. round 40 teams, 2. round 140 added, total 180 and so on.)

The second competition either a league with two groups or one parent and two subdivisions. And setting the fate actions for promotion.

Is it possible to cancel a transfer ban using the in-game editor? I fancy starting a game with Athletico Madrid but can't be arsed with the transfer ban imposed on them at the start.

Guest El Payaso

Has anyone been trying to make AI managers such as Valverde and Guardiola to be stronger? If yes then with what kind of attributes are they doing better?

On 16/11/2017 at 00:08, krlenjushka said:

I've tried to do this for relegation into the Scottish Highland/Lowland leagues, my league structure is the the following;

Premiership
Championship
League 1
Highland-Lowland

I want teams relegated from the League 1 to enter either the Lowland or Highland league depending on there location.

Within the editor I have added all Highland and lowland League (Child Divisions) teams to the Highland-Lowland league (Parent Division)
highland-lowland.png

I have then set regions for all the Highland-Lowand Leagues & League 1 teams.
lowland.png

Within the Nation rules I have min and max numbers for the Highland and Lowland Leagues
teams.png

My team rules are the following (this is where I may have gone wrong)
teams_rules.png

Upon verifying the game I get this message
error.png

Where I have gone wrong?

vor 5 Stunden schrieb rabcp:

Where I have gone wrong?

I think you need to add the teams to the child divisions.

one more question about regional promotion relegation.

Do you have to set SPECIFIC child competition when adding regional divisions to a team? 

For example you have team FC Leeds. And you have regional divisions in england. FC Leeds have regional division Yorkshire (level 4). Level 5 are 'city' divisions in yorkshire like: Doncaster A and B division, York A and B division, Leeds A, B and C divisions. 

And the question is: Do I need to set SPECIFIC LEEDS group for FC Leeds to be relegated (Like Leeds A, Leeds B, Leeds C) or the game will automaticly seed FC Leeds to random Leeds group?

9 hours ago, rabcp said:

I've tried to do this for relegation into the Scottish Highland/Lowland leagues, my league structure is the the following;

Premiership
Championship
League 1
Highland-Lowland

I want teams relegated from the League 1 to enter either the Lowland or Highland league depending on there location.

Within the editor I have added all Highland and lowland League (Child Divisions) teams to the Highland-Lowland league (Parent Division)
highland-lowland.png

I have then set regions for all the Highland-Lowand Leagues & League 1 teams.
lowland.png

Within the Nation rules I have min and max numbers for the Highland and Lowland Leagues
teams.png

My team rules are the following (this is where I may have gone wrong)
teams_rules.png

Upon verifying the game I get this message
error.png

Where I have gone wrong?

You need to set min/max number of teams under valid years - not required teams. Btw this option is not needed.

When you set regional divisions for all clubs - set " use regional divisions to organize teams" under parent competitions and  game will sort clubs 100% accurate.

EDIT: about valid years min/max teams - you need to calculate max number of teams - for example you have region called north - in north region you have 55 clubs (all 55 clubs will have same regional divisions set). So in theory you can have maximum 55 teams for that regional division - its worst case scenario where all teams from that region are relegated to bottom level.

10 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

You need to set min/max number of teams under valid years - not required teams. Btw this option is not needed.

When you set regional divisions for all clubs - set " use regional divisions to organize teams" under parent competitions and  game will sort clubs 100% accurate.

EDIT: about valid years min/max teams - you need to calculate max number of teams - for example you have region called north - in north region you have 55 clubs (all 55 clubs will have same regional divisions set). So in theory you can have maximum 55 teams for that regional division - its worst case scenario where all teams from that region are relegated to bottom level.

Thanks for your help @krlenjushka I seem to have it working now

I have never done this before so have no idea how to start in-game editing. Help?

Is it possible to refund the in-game editor?

When trying to do it through Steam, I get this message:

dtB9C1Y.jpg

Edited by mersk

Anyone knows where/how I can purchase the In-Game editor for FM 2017? It's not available anymore through Steam.

Are there going to be any new features to In-game editor for FM2019? What I would really like to see is "copy player attributes" and then paste them on another player... Instead of manually editting your whole team, you can have a shortlist with your "ideal" players and then just copy/paste attributes. Also mass edit players would be nice too!

I just want to confirm - editor and resource archiver works on debian linux using Play on Linux. So far without issues...

I don’t see the option to edit hair or skin colour in the in-game editor. I only see hair length option. Am I right in saying this or am I missing something?

Hi guys, discovered a issue with creating awards in pre-game editor. Only allows me to create awards that are given out annually

Here is a screenshot to show you what I mean...

editor.thumb.png.5d73a7416aa915747fe575007fb7b0b1.png

The new In-Game editor feature for saving attribute templates is awesome! But I would like to suggest to also save Right and Left foot since those two attributes use Current ability too. I could even go further and ask to also save positions too... 

On 03/11/2018 at 01:03, BairdyEFC said:

Hi guys, discovered a issue with creating awards in pre-game editor. Only allows me to create awards that are given out annually

Here is a screenshot to show you what I mean...

editor.thumb.png.5d73a7416aa915747fe575007fb7b0b1.png

This is simple bug - you should report this to bugs forum.

Is it possible to arrange future transfers in the IGE? Not only instant transfers, but to specify a date for a transfer to go through?

So I'm playing as RB Salzburg and due to their ridiculous kits this season, game has their colours set all wrong. So I've changed them with the In game editor. However now my downloaded kits are not showing anymore. Is there a way for them to show now I've changed the colours?

On 02/11/2018 at 20:23, robsfc said:

I don’t see the option to edit hair or skin colour in the in-game editor. I only see hair length option. Am I right in saying this or am I missing something?

Any news on this?

I noticed that in the club tab, there is a new option called "Is Institute". Anyone know what this actually means and how it affects clubs in game?