Sports Interactive Community
KUBI

Pre game and In game Editor - General Talk & Tips

Please use this thread for tips and general talk about pre-game and in-game editors.

Loading older files into the FM 2018 editor is easier than in previous versions. You don't need to convert a 2017 file, just load it into the editor (or into the game).

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Loading older files into the FM 2018 editor is easier than in previous versions. You don't need to convert a 2017 file, just load it into the editor (or into the game).

Yeah I've noticed it, but nevertheless when you bring an old pyramid custom file into FM18 it's all mixed up because of the changes to the FM database, unfortunately you nedd to work on it anyway

1 minute ago, jam jameson said:

Yeah I've noticed it, but nevertheless when you bring an old pyramid custom file into FM18 it's all mixed up because of the changes to the FM database, unfortunately you nedd to work on it anyway

Some league files will work others not, it depends on the promotion/relegation and if clubs come up from non league.

For example, I could load the Luxemburg and San Marino files from Claassens 2017 work into  a FM 2018 save and they both working. (at least at the start...)

I have noticed there is no nation.xml file in the editor folder this year. In previous years you have been able to edit a bit of code that allows you to change the continent of a nation, has this been removed this year or am I just looking in the wrong place. Any help is much appreciated. 

22 minutes ago, BPN3fc said:

I have noticed there is no nation.xml file in the editor folder this year. In previous years you have been able to edit a bit of code that allows you to change the continent of a nation, has this been removed this year or am I just looking in the wrong place. Any help is much appreciated. 

You need to extract the comp editor.fmf

I did that and added here the basic comps and also the database folder, which contains the nations.xml

basic comps nations xml.zip

35 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I did that and added here the basic comps and also the database folder, which contains the nations.xml

Thank you for getting back so quickly. So do i extract the zip file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2018\data

And then i can edit the code?

Apologies in advance, i'm not very good with this stuff.

Is seems the option to edit players hair colour and skin tone is no longer in the in-game editor. Is this the case?

10 hours ago, KUBI said:

What directory is this all going into, please dude. I'm probably being dense as hell, but I can't make it work.

Cheers,

Brucey

1. Use the Resource Archiver (tools) to extract the comp editor.fmf archive

2. Edit the nations.xml file

3. Replace the original file in comp editor / format / database

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

1. Use the Resource Archiver (tools) to extract the comp editor.fmf archive

2. Edit the nations.xml file

3. Replace the original file in comp editor / format / database

Yeah, I've got that, but where abouts should I be extracting to? When I extract directly into the same root, and edit that way, I just get a black screen on load up of the editor.

5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Extract it to a folder on the desktop.

Ahah! I get it now. I wasn't creating an archive afterwards, sorry, that's me being naive as hell with the resource archiver! Thanks for the patience and the help, it's working now, editing can begin!

How do we edit injuries' start and end date in the pre-game editor? Are they hard coded this year?

I noticed the way reserve/youth teams are handled has been changed from the has fixtures tick boxes to something more in depth. What do the never used and not used boxes entail & also would I need to create reserve teams then tick these boxes to force teams not to play youth/reserve fixtures?

Team Pool is a new feature in the league rules.

You can set a pool of teams that could be used for a specific competition.

Team Pool is also available in stages.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-12 um 02.12.19.jpg

I'm still having issues trying to up the number of teams in competitions from 512, I didn't have FM17 but I did have FM 16 so I tried to copy over these files but it doesn't seem to have worked (I loaded fm16 editor and the simple code change of number of teams worked smoothly, just not for FM18) It's probably something obvious I'm not doing!

12 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

What happened to the option of changing skin and hair colour with the in-game editor? It was the sole reason for my purchase as more than half of my players are lighter/darker than what they should be, same goes with the hair on their head. This just adds to the ever-growing list of things wrong with the game this year, I don't get what reasoning you could have for the backwards steps.

Still looking for an answer to this. I suppose I'll continue to be ignored, huh? 

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Still looking for an answer to this. I suppose I'll continue to be ignored, huh? 

You need to ask the developers. Only thing I know is, that the hairstyles are random in 3-D, due to licensing reasons.

12 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You need to ask the developers. Only thing I know is, that the hairstyles are random in 3-D, due to licensing reasons.

That explains nothing tbh. Am I supposed to contact them directly? They don't read the forums and answer/help out their vocal and devoted fans? 

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That explains nothing tbh. Am I supposed to contact them directly? They don't read the forums and answer/help out their vocal and devoted fans? 

Open a thread here:  They read all posts, but at the moment technical issues have a priority.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/574-pre-game-editor-and-in-game-editor/

Since I am away from home for a while, a short question about the teams for region. Is this a change so you can easier assign teams to specific regional divisions? 

Have to say that the initial postings about the editor were underwhelming for me, but the screenshots show some very usefull additions to the editor.

I might even try out my current FM15 edits in FM18. I am moving borders and having a lot of fun with new/moved nations. Too bad that FM17 didn't allow for removing nations anymore...

18 hours ago, yonko said:

How do we edit injuries' start and end date in the pre-game editor? Are they hard coded this year?

Still looking for answer on this @KUBI

Just now, yonko said:

Still looking for answer on this @KUBI

I don't have any more insight than you. Editing was and is always try and error, seek and find.

In the pre-game editor, can you add a "transfer policy" to a club, similar to the restrictions that Chivas and Athletic have to only sign Mexican and Basque players?

I always like to play FM 'fresh'. I set most records to 0. I delete all records from a competition like 'biggest win', 'most points in a season', 'most goals scored in one match', etc. I do the same for clubs. However, two things always come back, even though I deleted them using the editor: "Most matches played" and "Most goals scored" for clubs always return.
So for example, Sjaak Swart has played the most matches for Ajax (463) and Piet van Reenen has scored the most goals (273). Is there any way to delete this? I'd like to see, after playing a couple of seasons, who my most scoring players are. I've created 'Jong'-teams in the way they're also created in Spain, they also show those same records because I copied the clubs and then changed the name (Ajax -> Jong Ajax) and reputation.

I can understand that creating new clubs and then naming them Jong Ajax, Jong PSV, Jong Feyenoord etc. is a way (maybe the best way) to do this, but that still leaves me with those records for the main team. Does anyone know how to delete those records?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe someone in SI Games or from this forum will 'refresh' films with rules editing and creating new competitions. I know that it's quite easy step by step but films are more friendly to new users I guess. Just a shower thought.

I think the easiest way to learn is still to download a file made by someone else and study the structure and the changes.

I do also encourage people to use the advanced rules, even if they are looking overwhelming at the start. 

I've created a new nation by overwriting CIS with a new name etc. How do I activate that nation and make it so that the new nation can qualify through the European Qualifiers for the World Cup and European Championship etc.

22 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I think the easiest way to learn is still to download a file made by someone else and study the structure and the changes.

I do also encourage people to use the advanced rules, even if they are looking overwhelming at the start. 

I have plans to make tutorial for advanced editor. This will probably be made with pictures and text because im never tried to make video tutorial and who knows how this can be :D

Tutorial should have only basics - explanation for settings made if you want to add simple competition system - for example 2 leagues and 1 cup.

I had this idea for FM17 but i never found enough free time.

the thing about Teams in Region - if you create lower competitions like region ones, do you have to put all the teams from lower levels to this column?

What I mean is: For example you have England divided into regions (in lower leagues). And there's Yorkshire region (let's say level 4). And Cities in this region like Leeds, Barnsley, York have their own local divisions (let's say levels 5-6-7). And In Yorkshire league (level 4) in teams in region column do I need to put all teams from Leeds, Barnsley, York from levels 5,6,7? Does the game 'recognize' bottom teams climbing up the yorkshire ladder or not? I think no, but maybe someone knows the answer :D

8 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

the thing about Teams in Region - if you create lower competitions like region ones, do you have to put all the teams from lower levels to this column?

What I mean is: For example you have England divided into regions (in lower leagues). And there's Yorkshire region (let's say level 4). And Cities in this region like Leeds, Barnsley, York have their own local divisions (let's say levels 5-6-7). And In Yorkshire league (level 4) in teams in region column do I need to put all teams from Leeds, Barnsley, York from levels 5,6,7? Does the game 'recognize' bottom teams climbing up the yorkshire ladder or not? I think no, but maybe someone knows the answer :D

I guess that "teams in region" option is similar to "workaround" we used with secondary divisions.

I'm asking because sometimes I see teams from frew regions in regional league like French National 3 - Pays de la Loire. You have teams from this region, one from Centre - Val de Loire and two from Nouvelle-Aquitaine.

22 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

I'm asking because sometimes I see teams from frew regions in regional league like French National 3 - Pays de la Loire. You have teams from this region, one from Centre - Val de Loire and two from Nouvelle-Aquitaine.

I dont understand - is this case in real life or in your file?

Hi All,

I've created a custom squad for Newcastle to play in the Premier League and the Dynamics in the team is Abysmal at the start of the season. Tried to affect it with making all players english and changing their history to have played 2 years for the club (this is only visible in the editor), but no effect, the team has the worst Dynamics in the league.

Any ideas how to change this?

17 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

No, this is data from editor so this is already in database. 

editor.jpg

I dont know then. i still dont have fm18 so...

In FM 2017, it was possible to change the hair and skin color of a player with the IGE. In FM 2018, those options have disappeared. They used to be in the 'general' tab of 'edit personal details'. Is it normal I don't see them? If so: why are those options removed? They are one of the main reasons I bought the IGE, to be quickly adjust those characteristics.

I haven't bought FM 2018 yet so I can't check myself. But is it in this FM possible to create extra reserve teams in a club? In older versions I could only add 2. But I'm hoping that what I saw was correct and that we can add at least 3 now in this version. Could someone check in the editor (and in the game) to verify this for me?

Edited by Slabbekoorn

17 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

I guess that "teams in region" option is similar to "workaround" we used with secondary divisions.

Haven't checked yet, but it looks a bit like (a replacement of?) the regional divisions you can add for each team, but now a whole lot more accesible 

Has anyone had an issue when doing cup rounds that when you select 2 legs that it does it for all the other rounds as well . I cant get passed it ? I wanted the first round to be home and away 2 legs and the rest just a single game but they all convert to home and away when i load the game even though ive only put in one date for the other rounds . 

If that happens it is a bug and should be reported in the bugs forum.