Who are you all managing and why?

Started with Sunderland got sacked. Got the Wolves job got sacked. Somehow have now ended up in the Premier League with Aston Villa. Score draws against Tottenham and Arsenal so things might be looking ok atlast. 

Paid a lot more attention to hiring the right staff and the workloads etc. Also concentrated on a mix of youth and already decent players rather than potential. Also spent a ton of money.

Sunderland was the worse in terms of Dynamics out of the 3.

8 hours ago, Sid1984 said:

Altrincham. My local team, I live within 100 meters from moss lane. However I had to cheat and move them into league 2 so I can manage them haha.

One of my fondest memories as a Stirling Albion fan was a pre-season trip to Moss Lane in the summer of 1991. Bus load of us went down, mayhem ensued. As a 21-yr old male, the lure of Madchester made me miss the bus home. 

At half time in the game, there was a sit down protest on the pitch, which of course we all joined in for, even though we had no idea what the cause was :lol:

Happy days. 

Started with athletico Madrid, to get a feel for the new game, and see what’s what as it’s the first fm I’ve got since fm 15. Then played as Cov and got sacked, so then I just randomised pick a team 20 tines and chose the first conference north or south team it landed on which was Hemel Hampstead. Doing a lot better now

I'm into my 3rd season at my beloved Bristol City and doing okay now and I've finally managed to get a 5-3-2 to work and the promise land is within touching distance I'm top of the championship with 14 games to go after getting battered by Norwich in the play offs last season 

First 2 seasons were tough as no players fancied the bright lights of the West Country but this season I've managed to bring in Phil jones,Chris Smalling and Dwight Gayle but he's very poor but the 2 freebies i got from random Eastern Europe have been miracle workers 

Watch it all go pear shape now as we are punching above our weight 

Wrexham because it is the first club to interview my manager avatar.

I would like to eventually manage ASSE, Hertha, Liverpool, or New England but I like to work my way up to them.

Also it allows me time to know what I am doing before I get to a "big" club.

I'm managing Wolves, which I started during the beta, it's good challenge as they have signed some good players in neves and jota.

I won the championship in the 1st season and managed to sign Jota permanently, which I was happy with as that boy is class. So far in the 2nd season we are 14th in the prem, were 7th at one point but are on a shocking run of form. Signed Gary Cahill and Leigh gritthins in January to help us get over the line up and stay up.

I also plan to do a long term Man Utd save, where the aim will be to dominate whilst building a team around the young players like rashford, tuanzebe, pogba, mctominay and Mitchell.

I'm currently managing Darlington because they offered me a job after I started unemployed. The first season has gone pretty well. We won promotion from the Conference North via the playoffs, they are building a new stadium and I've managed to create a pretty decent 433 tactic.

Not sure whether to stick with them for the duration of the save now or make this a bit of a journeyman career. Decisions, decisions. :onmehead:

13 hours ago, Oenone87 said:

Napoli, because they have a fun and interesting team. 

Half the battle though is keeping your star players...

+1 for this shout Napoli are a great club to manage and ive won the serie A and copa italia but everyone always wants to leave!! 

Great team for playing attacking free flowing football with

4 hours ago, Artin said:

juventus because they have elite to world class players at every position.

my lineup of douglas costa on the left and cuadrado on the right are destroying defenders due to their speed and getting balls to higuain/dybala.

ez-pz

When the AI controls Juve, they seem to MASSIVELY underachieve.

Do you find Higuain to be a bit useless?

AJ Auxerre. what I normally do is sim one year until may and then try to get a job. as luck would have it in the middle of may the manager left for Nice and I applied and got it, they had already finished the season and finished second so was promoted  without me managing any matches. 

Barrow AFC.

Like the make up of the squad (very international with some skilled players), $3K remaining in wage budget so I could bring in some players, and like the badge.  Also, I always try to choose National League team in a part of England I have not been to before and then go see them.  Barrow-in-Furness is not really close to anything so it will be a challenge to get there so I may cheat and see them playing a London team next year.  Still, it gives me an excuse to learn about a new area so who knows, maybe I'll make it there.

Currently lying third in the table in mid-November.  Biggest surprise on offense is Jordan White with 8 goals  (he is my third choice striker) trailing only Adi Yussef who was 11 on the back of two hat tricks.  Needless to say, it has been a fun save so far.   

On 11/11/2017 at 07:18, phnompenhandy said:

I've made a bespoke club in the editor which I've placed in National League North. Populated it with a squad of 16-year olds. Expect to get relegated but I'm just trialling it until a lower league file is available.

Right, see my profile. Squad of 24 15-16 year olds, all with CA20. The opaque scouting system will be completely bypassed as I'm only using my starting squad and youths who come through our club system. Gonna be quite the challenge!

LLandudno in Wales.
Because they were the first club that offered me a job.
My ultimate goal with that club, until i get sacked, is to reach the Champions League group stage.
That will be major success for me.
But first i have to get to that level. So, for now i'm happy if i win the Welsh Cup.
My team is rubbish and i have a hard time (or, my scouts are having a hard time) finding players that will improve my team.

Archived