[FM18 SKIN] CFM SKIN 2018 BETA

pikawa94

I absolutely loved your skin last year and i think Si should take notice of some of the aspects creators like yourself put into skins to improve the official SI skins going forward because to be honest and i probably speak for a vast majority of players who play the game that they don't even use the official skins they use other peoples like yours etc.

My question is do you have a release date sorted or is it still very much a work in progress.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pics looks great. looking forward to this coming out. 

One question will you be making changes to the in game overview screen. the new one is terrible removed all the good panels from last year. hopefully this can be changed. 

7 hours ago, Mr Hough said:

I absolutely loved your skin last year and i think Si should take notice of some of the aspects creators like yourself put into skins to improve the official SI skins going forward because to be honest and i probably speak for a vast majority of players who play the game that they don't even use the official skins they use other peoples like yours etc.

My question is do you have a release date sorted or is it still very much a work in progress.

This edition the default skins look the best they have ever looked. SI has improved them massively. 

Hey, I tried this and for some reason my stadiums are really dark. Can you please explain to me how I can fix this please.

I am using a huge pack of logos / kits / faces already. I tried 3d kits but some reason they don't work this year for me : (. Please could you explain to me how to fix this or any of those other things if possible, would be greatly appreciative. I like the look of the last team selection that you show too, would love to use that, the way it shows on the image screen is a little too squeezed together.

Capture.PNG

With the death of Vitrex I'm looking for a new skin.  This looks promising.  Any chance you include 'left foot' and 'right foot' on the player panel?  Vitrex was the only one around that did that.

19 minutes ago, Enos said:

With the death of Vitrex I'm looking for a new skin.  This looks promising.  Any chance you include 'left foot' and 'right foot' on the player panel?  Vitrex was the only one around that did that.

Fluts does, so does andromeda.  Its easy to add

I am back to skinning from now for a few days... Was in Sweden for a couple of days on a DreamHack Winter and before that I was preparing really intense to this tournament so I wasn't able to take care of anything related to skinning. I hope that I can release a first BETA version in upcoming days...

7 hours ago, pikawa94 said:

I am back to skinning from now for a few days... Was in Sweden for a couple of days on a DreamHack Winter and before that I was preparing really intense to this tournament so I wasn't able to take care of anything related to skinning. I hope that I can release a first BETA version in upcoming days...

Yesss, glad you're back! :thup:

8 hours ago, pikawa94 said:

Looking forward to it :thup: 

9 hours ago, Kranzberg said:

Please make sure that the match screen offers enough space for goalscorers and cards. The basic skins and most custom skins so far haven't taken that into consideration.

If you have certain requirements, perhaps do as many of us do, and create your own skin!

1 hour ago, steveyisatard said:

If you have certain requirements, perhaps do as many of us do, and create your own skin!

Dude, this wasn't meant to be criticism, but just as a hint. A little quick on the trigger, are we?

It's like

"Please make sure to allow the driver to look through the front window, as every other car I have tried so far didn't allow me to."

and the manufacturer replies

"If you have certain requirements, perhaps do as many of us do, and build your own car!".

10 minutes ago, j4y_z said:

Dude, this wasn't meant to be criticism, but just as a hint. A little quick on the trigger, are we?

It's like

"Please make sure to allow the driver to look through the front window, as every other car I have tried so far didn't allow me to."

and the manufacturer replies

"If you have certain requirements, perhaps do as many of us do, and build your own car!".

Not quite the same scenario though is it? Simply suggesting if you aren't happy with the work others have put in, there are plenty of guides on how to create a skin yourself. Pikwa hasn't even finished this skin yet and people are making requests.

So? He did not say he is not happy, he just asked to pay attention to a detail every other skin so far has missed. Nothing more, nothing less.

But, as I think about it, this detail might just be an issue on low resolution screens.

11 hours ago, Kranzberg said:

Please make sure that the match screen offers enough space for goalscorers and cards. The basic skins and most custom skins so far haven't taken that into consideration.

That's more of a resolution than a skin issue, at small resolutions there likely just isn't enough room to display all the information.

Well, if you know how to build software, then you know that building software isn't that much different that building mechanical stuff. It's not about the result, it's about the process. Especially if you do it by yourself. You'll never spot those rough edges all by yourself, because (attention, analogy here) other people have different hardware/streets/traffic/whatever than you have. So every advice or hint is valuable.

As a software engineer building free software as well, at least that's my point of view. And that's why I don't get why some people go crazy about every request or hint that occurs.

In the IT sector, we'd call that "quality assurance".

vor 11 Stunden schrieb j4y_z:

So? He did not say he is not happy, he just asked to pay attention to a detail every other skin so far has missed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yep, that's the point. Thanks for explaining.

pikawa, what are the panels that are working from 17 version?

And just a question, it is possible to change the way this works? I don't respond to all transfers at the same time and it really bothers me need to expand this screen all the time that i go on negocioation screen.

asas.thumb.PNG.88cf28aaa53a36daa09cca61727961dd.PNG

Thanks and keep that excellent job!

As I mentioned in the first post:

Share with me Your opinions and ideas. It is a skin for community so any feedback will make that skin even better! 

Feel free to share Your ideas/opinioms about the skin.

@atreyuhc, almost every panel works well with FM18. You just need to change "layout_children" to "apply_to_children" (if I am not mistaken). Can not help with Your question right now beacuse I am not at home...

I will try to release a beta version of CFM Skin this week...

1 hour ago, pikawa94 said:

Share with me Your opinions and ideas. It is a skin for community so any feedback will make that skin even better! 

Hi pikawa, would it be possible to add players/manager country flag to the key employees panel? Something like this:

X5jLORN.png

2 hours ago, Џони said:

Will it be for smaller resolutions like 1366x768?

Yes, just scroll up a bit someone else asked the same. 

22 hours ago, pikawa94 said:

@atreyuhc, almost every panel works well with FM18. You just need to change "layout_children" to "apply_to_children" (if I am not mistaken). Can not help with Your question right now beacuse I am not at home...

I will try to release a beta version of CFM Skin this week...

@pikawa94 Thanks for your time and effort you put into this mate. Would you be willing to change the player suitability bar for certain roles? Instead of the circle filling that FM18 currently has can it be changed to what FM17 and 16 use:

A80F6219-E6A7-496C-A924-072897285FEB.jpeg

Skin should be available really soon from that link: https://www.fmscout.com/c-fm18-skins.html?id=4694

Important information:  CFM Skin 2018 is right now in a BETA phase. I would like to release much more panels/etc. but simply I haven't got enough time for that right now so I mainly focused on layout. You can find just a few panels from CFM Skin 2017. Hopefully in near future I will be able to make MUCH, MUCH more.
Skin should work really good on almost every popular resolution. For now it won't work on 125% zoom...

Archived