[FM18] Uncle Jimbo's Icelandic Sound Explosion, (featuring other Countries, hopefully, if I get lucky, maybe). (You know, if there is an award for the longest thread title I have a sneaking suspicion that I might just be in with a chance of a nomination).

Jimbokav1971

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming Around Again. HK. 9th Aug 2019.

Youth Day 2019

e9d9275916e9f1829af527909ab85e14.png

This looks a little better than the 1st attempt I think. The only real issue I have is that I inherited 1 good GK and then got a 2nd one last season. Now I find 2 more GK's in the top 5 spots on this intake. That will bring us up to 4 decent/good GK's. This years "Kris" looks good, and the more I look at him the better he looks. He's actually very good I think.

c6bf68e124611447e5e53891db705a7c.png

(19a) Kris Sigurður (2019).

At 1st glance he looks ok, but he's better than ok I think. He's a LOT better than ok. Physicals are all close to double-figures except for strength. I like his mentals, and I also think his technicals are good too with the only issue being a slightly low tackling attribute, (but I'm really just being picky). Most of you would probably say that in terms of attribute balance, there is nothing wrong with his tackling. Anyway, I really like him and the right back is none too shabby either. 

79decc6e068a5027e93f449958716896.png

I hate you so much right now. HK. Aug 2019.

I was going to say that I don't know what this blokes problem is, but I do. He's not good enough! He's ok, (in fact he's better than ok), but we have 2 players with better CA and better PA than him and 5 more who have better PA. If one of the main 2 isn't available, then I usually opt for the player with most PA and fitenss of what else is available. This bloke just keeps missing out so I have tried to loan him out but no luck. I might have to just release him. 

18e3e09c9a41819602268996f11a5f7b.png

This is a bit of a mini-update covering a few different areas. HK. Aug 2019.

Too close to call

448edbc6bd9a47458f4780fda5158de2.png

The League Table is getting really tight and it would have been even tighter were it not for the fact that we have just drawn at home to Stjarnan in a game that we should have won by at least a couple of goals. It finished 2-2 thanks to Jack Barmby, (son of Nick), getting the 1st goal for Stjarnan, and the equaliser, (scored with 2 minutes to go), was scored by none other than Ágúst Leó (Amb) *, (and he obviously got the assist for the Barmby goal too). In case you don't remember, Ágúst Leó (Amb) was the young AMC who was capped at U19 level  and was nicked by Stjarnan after he refused to sign a Pro contract. There is only one song for the lad who is still only 19 and already has 5 goals and 16 assists for Stjarnan this season.

Why have FH got so many games in hand?

Well my initial reaction was that they must be doing well in Europe, but I thought that;s ridiculous so went to have a look. Sure enough, they are still playing in Europe, and doing very well by the looks of it. If they beat Rosenborg, then they are into the Group stages. If they can run Celtic close, then I would have thought that they at least have a chance against Rosenborg.

b1e8d72ce3a9131cb050c79a214632f6.png

Come on the FH! If they can get into the Group stages then that will give the Icelandic structure coefficient a nice little boost. :applause:

11 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

[...]was scored by none other than Ágúst Leó (Amb) *, (and he obviously got the assist for the Barmby goal too). In case you don't remember, Ágúst Leó (Amb) was the young AMC who was capped at U19 level  and was nicked by Stjarnan after he refused to sign a Pro contract. There is only one song for the lad who is still only 19 and already has 5 goals and 16 assists for Stjarnan this season.[...]

I really enjoy this "songs as emotions" you started here. It's so much more fitting than an emoji or a small comment.

Edited by XaW

Too much pressure. HK. Sep 2019.

End of Season Update

League Cup. As mentioned previously, we collected our 1st silverware against the odds.

cfe4bb41226c634429a5c34fee5cb499.png

Icelandic Cup. I played a rotated squad in both these games. My priority was always the league.

55a8dc959d99ab0e061dde88d9f490eb.png

League. It was a good 1st season at the top level, but one which teased at the promise of much much more. 

2fcd94e956ee4435041cf57a8bfffa15.png

League Table. As mentioned in a previous post, we were right in the mix with 6 games left before the wheels came off in spectacular fashion. It was always going to be hard with FH having games in charge and IA breaking into the big 3 of KR, FH & Stjarnan, but I also have to admit that we completely imploded after the last update, not winning until the last game of the season when it was too little too late. We missed out on European football in the end, but this might benefit us next season, (whether I am here or not), as the teams about us will all be playing in Europe.

f8072170bdc822018247e88901b9575e.png

League Graph. Although we were in 3rd for a large part of the season, it was a false position really because FH always had games in hand and were always going to come with a late charge.

b62fbf3e6ad9d3774d68e5c447ee4da8.png

Sweet Home Alabama Form. Undefeated at home in the League.

Unbeaten at home during a league campaign sounds great, and it's certainly good, but when you see that 3 other teams were also unbeaten at home, and a 4th had a better points haul at home despite being beaten, it possibly puts into perspective the very modest achievement. Despite that, it's still something that I wanted to acknowledge. 

c3e53665b9be6fa77fa446eec59df2a2.png

Iceland in Europe. 2019.

KR in the Europa League

4168a0e09e1e0842d6e0dee0fa11aa10.png

FH in the Champions League and then the Europa League. To miss out on the Group stages of the Europa League on away goals is really frustrating.

e2e22553d53a136d417edeb9b836b081.png

Stjarnan in the Europa League. They didn't really perform and crashed out at the 1st hurdle to Slovenian opposition.

3029294a538871c0382c3f39360ef11c.png

Fjolnir in the Europa League

bbb79f167bc12ab4782aa7b0db74d459.png

FH performed brilliantly, but the other 3 teams probably under-performed. 

Scouting for girls. This Ain't a love song.

Scouting in the game isn't broken, (It's brilliant actually), but the finances involved in it, (certainly at a lower level anyway), are completely ridiculous. Because of the way I'm playing this save, (using a DoF), scouting is important, but it's just not working at the moment and until I start not signing players at all, (I'm not there yet and I can't see how I can get there with the scouting costs as they are), I'm not sure what the answer is. My DoF came up with some really good permanent signings and loan signings, but I also vetoed an absolute load that he wanted me to sign. A lot of these he seemed to be signing blind because we didn't have scout reports on the players, so I'm wondering if I bin my scouts then will the DoF still offer me players to sign that he has found himself? Whatever the answer is, it can't go on as is because despite the board injecting £488k this season, we are still overdrawn at the bank to the tune of £937,311,

ed767029b62833df42a8f8e91c944178.png

£339,499 is an enormous amount of money to spend on scouting in a single season, especially you consider that income from gate receipts in the same period amounts to only £147,427. We are spending approx 230% of our gate receipts on scouting alone. That just can't be right. It's not even close to right. 

When you also add in that I haven't  manually requested a single scouting action since pre-season, it's astonishing that the figure is so high. 

I really hope the boffins at SI are working hard to fix this as we speak. 

4829cd9874cd22ba2a538a405466983d.png

On 11/14/2017 at 11:34, XaW said:

As a lower rated club I've only used scouting to get a minimal view of the stats and then fully backed the scouts recommendation. Then it's be trials, trials and more trials. I think I had 300 players in on a trial the last season.

I'm doing the same thing with trials, but I am only doing so after either my scouts have found them, or they have been mentioned by the game in some way be it media or something else. 

Grass Ain't Greener. HK. Sep 2019.

I've decided I want to leave, but I'm not going to leave until I have somewhere to go that suits me. There is no point me leaving for a club who don't have the facilities to generate a decent Youth Intake.

These are the jobs that are available right now

fac4152ed52ed20f704415b12a97c821.png

Goterborg AIS are not the big IFK Goteborg, and as such they don't have the facilities to match. There is nothing here that really grabs me. I would prefer to move to somewhere else in Scandinavia before  moving at some point to England. 

[Edit]

If I could qualify for Europe then maybe that would encourage offers from abroad. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

30 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I'm doing the same thing with trials, but I am only doing so after either my scouts have found them, or they have been mentioned by the game in some way be it media or something else. 

Yeah, I go into the scouting overview and scout everyone who have been suggested by either coaches, agents or otherwise at least to get a basic information (the number and basic stats) and if they are looking somewhat useful or better then they get a trial.

Edit: After reading your former post, a suitable club for you might be Odds BK in Norway since you have such a focus on youth development. They are a top tier club that tries to have all players come from the Skien region of Norway. Though the do buy players from elsewhere, they did start a game this season with only players from their own academy or the minor cooperating clubs nearby. If the position should become available, I mean.

Edited by XaW

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Grass Ain't Greener. HK. Sep 2019.

I've decided I want to leave, but I'm not going to leave until I have somewhere to go that suits me. There is no point me leaving for a club who don't have the facilities to generate a decent Youth Intake.

These are the jobs that are available right now

fac4152ed52ed20f704415b12a97c821.png

Goterborg AIS are not the big IFK Goteborg, and as such they don't have the facilities to match. There is nothing here that really grabs me. I would prefer to move to somewhere else in Scandinavia before  moving at some point to England. 

[Edit]

If I could qualify for Europe then maybe that would encourage offers from abroad. 

https://youtu.be/6ul-cZyuYq4

One Vision. HK. Jan 2020.

I'm happy that developing youth is in there as a philosophy, and I can even put up with signing young players because we haven't managed to full on 100% Youth Only yet, but I draw the line at signing high profile players. No no no no no. No!

0146ea3ded84248dd1b5cd9d55b3dbe8.png

Who am I kidding? We just aren't compatible and the sooner I accept that and move on the happier I will be. 

cc937382e9ce2f6a750913fa99ffb52e.png

They have relented and agreed to the removal of the high profile signings philosophy, but no matter how many little battles I win, I know we don't share the same vision for the club.

ec11683752b8bbde8afa110d8b5ac06d.png

On the plus side, it is at least a 2 year deal. 

I decided to keep expectations low this season and we are still only being asked to avoid relegation this season so I should hopefully be able to speed through this next season not really caring about results too much. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

The Big Leagues. HK. Mar 2020.

Fram are leading the way in terms of players that they have produced moving on to play in the "Big Leagues", but they only have 2 and we at least have 1 so we are not that far behind. The only thing is I don't actually know who our player is so I will have to have  a look, (because I would obviously love to have him back one day). 

178623708e48831b3deb9a031dbb47de.png

No. There are only 2 players who were HG at club within our scouting package that...... oh hang on, (that was just left backs). There are actually 16 ex players that are classed as HG at club in our current scouting package bit none of these currently play outside Iceland. 

Analyse. HK. Apr 2020.

I don't actually know what an analyst does in the game now. I mean I think I can guess, but that's not very reliable because I could be wrong and of course SI could have had different ideas or simply implemented it poorly, (or not at all like last season). 

I have just asked for a player to be "analysed" and when I get an Analys report I will share my thoughts. 

This next bloke was one of 18 players who I had recently had a scout report for, (our finances are already screwed so there is no point trying to micro-managing it). He was already being scouted so I instead often for an anaysts report. Let's see what that says when it's available.

0c7b80bb98edb5ad342643ea7c443db4.png

Overview Profile.

880f0582c060d48a7330937e5b9e7b38.png

Reports. There are a few different reports available and again, I'm not really sure what info is contained in each report. 

a4686bfd01fc7c2ed34b026e6742d1ce.png

Overview Summary. This is the info that seems quite key to me. Estimated cost, (and current value), CA and PA stars, (together with scouting %. Player position and Transfer interest as well as the recommendation score, (out of 99 I think). It's worth mentioning I think this this portion of the screen sits at the top of not just the Overview screen, but also the Analyst Report screen and the Scout Report screen. It forms the top section of each screen, (so make of that what you will). 

a219e79c20b78976d5740096b55f219b.png

Overview. As well as the Overview Summary mentioned above, this section also shows the info below. There is quite a lot of info actually. 

Pro's and cons are as you would expect, (or are they?) They think this bloke can be re-trained successfully as a striker!!! Well I didn't notice that at first glance so let's have a look at that. I know my strikers Octagon should look like a heart so let's just look at his octagon and see what it looks like....

3d8c9ae80c737e4b2731893e52693ba4.png

Well apart from being ugly, that's actually a reasonable octagon that actually does suggest he has some semblance of ability in a forward position. It's maybe not as defined as I would like in some areas, but yes, he does have the ability to be re-trained as a striker, although I'm not sure what role at this stage. 

The next thing that jumps out at me here is the medical centre, (which is something that I have hardly looked at but after listening to the old buggars podcast or whatever it's called, (I will add a separate post to promote this in a minute), Cleon says he pays a lot of importance to this so maybe it's worth paying attention here. The top part suggests that the player is ready to play straight way in terms of both physical condition but also match sharpness, and also, (importantly), that he is likely to get fewer injuries than average and that there are currently no on-going issues. (It will be good to keep on eye on this for other players, (in fact very important for my existing players in hindsight), so that I can see if there are any issues holding them back. Cleon could be right. This has been ignored for so long in the game that we have just got used to the info not being available. Well the info is available now and needs to be used. 

The position and roles section on the top right allows you to see at a glance if he is capable/suited of carrying out the role you have in mind for him, and the squad comparison compares him to players of the same position already in your squad.  

eda6e47c98cdb90c23432a045f3e1d0c.png

Analyst Report. As well as the Overview Summary, this part seems to consist of 2 main parts. The role analysis on the left frustratingly says it only uses stats relating to league matches in Iceland, so there is little info there, but also there is little info there because the player is only 17 tears old and there will be little info to go on anyway for this player. It should be noted that the player hasn't played any league games so the "Negatives" career apps of 9 is actually a stat that includes Cup games, (at least in Iceland), so that's a little misleading. I will have to look at this for a more experienced player to work out what's what I think. The section on the right can be toggled using the drop down menu to select various competitions. My 1st question is do the "stats" chance when players of a different position are highlighted and what happens when you ask for analysis on a versatile player who can play in multiple positions for example. The "stats" that you look at when looking for a centre-half for example would be hugely different to those you would look for when trying to analyse a midfielder for example. 

905e4253159b0b3da53b5a54262f4a0f.png

Scout Report. As with the previous 2 sections, the Overview Summary sits at the top of this page. We have the Pro;s and Con's again which is just a repeat of the info shown previously, but then we have a 1 line "verdict" which is interesting at first glance. In this instance it mentions that the scout has been impressed the the players eye for goal, but this is the first time I have seen goals mentioned. It has obviously been mentioned that he has the ability to be re-trained as a striker, but not that he has actually scored goals. The midfielder season stats completely ignore goals. next we have the dates, opponents, scores, and match ratings for 5 of the 6 games he has played in this season. It could be that it only ever holds the info for 5 gam,es, or it could be that he was only scouted after the 1st game had already been played. Although he scores a 7.7 and a 7.9 in two matches, there actually isn't a mention of any goals scored or any assist created. 

Down at the bottom however is a VERY interesting button. A highlights package for the player, (I assume for the 5 mentioned matches). Let me have a look at the highlights for this lad and I will see what's what....

Wow! :eek: I'm not sure what I was expecting out of the highlights package, but it certainly wasn't that. It's wasn't just a promotion video of key passes and goals/assists but I really think I got a feel for the player in a couple of minutes. (It showed clips from all 5 games that involved this player). He played almost a QB role. A deep role of some sort that I assume is a DLP. If I go to his Form page, (as mentioned below), I wonder will it show me what role he was asked to play in what game? Yes it does. Although this is really helpful and should be shown for your own players, it shouldn't be available for opposition players. He was indeed played as a DLP in 4 of the 5 games. What it really show-cased in this particular instance was his long-range passing, (his passing attribute is 10 with technique of 11 and first touch of 11. (Those are pretty damn fine attributes for a 17yo playing in Iceland at the beginning of the save). From just using this player as a test subject, I now desperately want to sign him. More than that, I will be playing with a DLP from now on. (Previously it has only been a role I have used when I have certain players available). This little section has been HUGE and I'm really glad I spent some time investigating it now. I suggest you do the same if you haven't already. 

7613ec8e7cd01dbb7a0a6093dc023b40.png

Stats. It is probably worth mentioning that this page only shows stats for the current season which I find a little frustrating. If it's early in the season, (as it is now in my game), don't I also want to take into account previous season stattage?

ba8d5febdc40b8a753e8e8f57e335429.png

Form. You will notice the roles, (as mentioned above), on this screen. It could be that the roles are only known because the scout was at the game watching, (because he doesn't know what role the player played in the previous 2 games), and that seems better to me. It highlights that he played 1 game in a different role to a DLP, (I noticed this because I physically saw him sprinting in that game both forwards and back where as in the other games his movement was minimal), and it also showed him around the edge of the opposition box more, (hence the 5 key passes). What it didn't really show however was that he made 11 of 11 tackles in the Valur game. I would have expected more mention of that in the highlights package. Something else I would have expected was that the player name in the highlights package would have been permanently shown to make the player stand out even when not in possession, and although you can physically highlight the player yourself, you have to do so again each time the highlights package moves on to the next game. I would have like him permanently highlighted through all games, (or at least indicated in a different way).

77d54501fbd1fdcf18d039102021563e.png

I really just started looking at this because I didn't know what an analyst report showed and I love the Cranberries, but I'm so glad I did. There is a LOT of new stuff contained in here. :applause:

Achievements. HK. May 2020.

I know I have done some of these with a previous save and I know I have already commented on some in the thread so I will just try and catch up with what I have missed. I'm really just doing this because I have exited the game to install the updated version of the game. 

We know I got promoted, but I don't think I posted this at the time. 

384de338948b247e33900f9849ee93c3.png

This has got to be a mistake. Hasn't it? (I will have to check when the game finishes updating and I re-load). (Ahhhhh. I've just put the achievements in the order that I achieved them and this must relate to the season we were promoted. That makes more sense). 

b63bb0578a886932ecc57121c5c5d2a1.png

I only did this one a couple of days ago because I was just so used to clicking on the fixture and viewing highlights that way. This is better, but there is no commentary which is annoying.

1d50eb7307f97ecee79a3b0213da7314.png

I never saw this one flash up, but in hindsight I should have been expecting it. I think we only failed to score once last season.

a9019721ad46c7a79d6658df0f9431b2.png

Didn't see this one either. 

22390f1cbfdf363fa1740f9cd717fdfb.png

I think I commented that I had this, but not that it was an achievement. 

002e91eb1acf3c3a8cf102d3a801dd8c.png

I was rewarded for hugely exceeding expectations last season.

f23816ad82deebac8c061374662d8ae0.png

What achievements am I looking to unlock next? (No, the game still isn't ready).

I think that we are likely still a little way short of challenging for a title despite our success of last season because I have actually taken advantage of my 2 year contract and low expectations and opted for a longer-term plan. Maybe 2-3 years from now this will be achievable, but not this season. 

1f3bd0f4e6a6be262eab7f28980da983.png

5f4358346e743d3b6fef74b9b227cb97.png

If we are talking about competing for the League and the Cup, we might as well talk about winning them in the same season. :D

9ece870631df58636280fb0a1a588552.png

Because my GK is no longer taking free-kicks and penalties, (more about that in it's own post at a later date), I think my strikers have an increased chance of finishing top scorer. One of them wasn't a million miles away last season.

42c85275821dd8a0a4ae5b2b3b1b3f25.png

I take it Iceland does have a Team of the Year in FM18? I haven't seen much of it so far. 

94a94d6fd2edf95e102b7e0a900be69f.png

I was Runner Up in this last season, so this will probably be won if I qualify for Europe. 

7f604e8a543ebcf65d621c90e69e41da.png

This is the big one though. This is the one I really want to achieve during the next season. :thup:

1422487ea48c00b1f054858b9c1a029e.png

There isn't much point in uploading a video when both teams are shown as playing in white. I won't be doing this until it's fixed. 

623929d14a1dabae1aad46bb77fdc675.png

I usually have this activated, but I can see from someone I follow that it updates far too often for my liking. If I am going to win something I might turn it on and then back off, but SI really need to tone it down a little.

b7f5ff6bbf494b708715ded7b81b8b02.png

The finances are a problem with this. I think they should be worried about any over-spend so any feeder club option is likely to be greeted with a flat no. 

6ea0034b95fca430b6a57badc47c9817.png

Barnet (England, League 2 in real life), are my favourite team both in real life and in game. If given the chance to manage them I would find it VERY hard to turn them down, (but I need to build my experience 1st somewhere else). 

45b5b72ce5650543bad76241c8481c4f.png

I've already started looking at this. Doing ok with 2, but need to get working on the 3rd.

577a021c94a8e0cc41b35432f91ce1ce.png

My players have scored a few hat-tricks, but none perfect as yet. I was unable to un-lock this in FM17, (despite a player scoring a perfect hat-trick I might add), so I am keen to un-lock it in this version.

ac8857a040e7bcc7341a455e7661a349.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Scouting for Girls - Negative Millionaire. HK. May 2020

32ff16260e3fcca0e0d68253f9c0855d.png

So SI have created a fix for this and we will just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. 

I haven't set a manual scouting instruction since I realised this problem existed. Despite that our scouting bill seems to just go up and up. It will be interesting to see what the comparison is next season. We have already spent £252k and we haven't played a league game yet. :idiot:

894303d840aee270910a611443a05d5a.png

Quick question. 

How many of you are actually listening to/watching the videos? 

The reason I ask is that initially I was just posting anything just so long as the title fit with the post, but now I am actually trying to give you some decent music, (apologies about some of the stuff I have posted though).

Dazed and Confused. HK. Jun 2020.

I'm after a feeder club in an active league to send youngsters and fringe players out on loan to. HK have 1 feeder already, but that is a lower league club called Ymir who are not in an active league. I really just want a club in the 1. deild karla.

This is the message I get back from the board. 

b13b457071124cee560b9fd836982b62.png

At the same time as I get the above message, the following achievement "pops".

c1be8148358bb6726745b5e553ef1c95.png

Answers on a postcard please to the boffins at SI Towers. :idiot:

Player named in European Championship U19 Dream Team:eek:

Iceland are still managed by the AI and so are the aged group teams. So for a player from our 1st Youth Intake to win an International accolade like this is pretty astonishing. 

9464bd17ef90603f5d0db449d5b7f1ba.png

(19c) Harald Skúlason (Amb) has scored a couple of goals for the Senior club side, but he has hardly been setting the World alight. 

a9c45453dbd71fd58b442c2883525ef9.png

72f72107d6dfd40e33f8604b9800b733.png

11 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Quick question. 

I do listen to it when the post will take me more than one minute to read or if I really like the song.

What about you? Do you listen to them fully before pressing "submit reply"? :D

Because of the nature of the thread, what I find myself doing is doing a search for a song with a certain song title and then press play and if I like the song, (or the name is really apt and there are no other options), then I listen to it and just let auto-play find me something else to listen to and then I either press next or just keep listening. 

I listen to a lot of rubbish, but when it#s rubbish I just press next or do another search, but I've also found some old stuff I really like and even some stuff I have never heard before. 

I sometimes have the TV on or the radio, but almost always something. Now it's just YouTube video's. 

Do I listen to them all fully before pressing post? No, especially not some of the wrap stuff or some of the heavier metal. 

13 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Quick question. 

The reason I ask is that initially I was just posting anything just so long as the title fit with the post, but now I am actually trying to give you some decent music, (apologies about some of the stuff I have posted though).

I've listened to most of them, at least the first minute or so since I haven't heard of all them before. I must say, you have done a good of varying the genres, and while I really don't like a few of them I still really enjoy this thread and your writing as a whole.

Youth. HK. Jul 2020.

Youth Day 2020

What was I hoping for? Well obviously a 5.0 PA player is a sort of a basic hope, (rather than a minimum requirement), just so long as he isn't a GK or a right winger, (or striker for that matter). We've got a good young right back so ideally left back or left wing or centre-back or centre-mid because we need 2 of them as a minimum in each game. 

What did we get? Well we got another striker which doesn't sound great, but he is so good actually that it doesn't really matter what position he is. Her's not a generational talent or anything like that, but he does look very good. to me. We also got 3x 4.5 PA players which I'm delighted about. I'm less delighted that one of them is a GK, (we have 5 GK's with the potential to feature for the First team), but the left winger is much appreciated, (although I don't rate him as highly as the Ass Man), and I will never say no to a decent DC or MC. 

All in all I'm pretty happy with that. :thup: 

827ca7f2d8d935a9385547e6235ff302.png

"Kriss" (20a) Óttarr (F.Pro) (2020) *.

I like the look of this bloke. The other good striker I have is (18c) Harald Skúlason (Amb) * and he's a Target Man, (although not a beast), so (20a) Óttarr (F.Pro) (2020) * compliments him quite well by being a poacher, (although at 6'1" he's actually bigger than the TM). Either way, 2x 5.0 PA strikers is not something I am moaning about.

61db9ca5810d60f49b0dff3d57e957fc.png

In case anyone is interested, I have been editing the 5th post in Page 1 of the thread and it now shows the following. I will keep it updated so that if there is a particular track you want to go back to then it's easier to find it this way. It also allows you to miss out the tracks that you don't like if needed. 

I have created a section for reader suggested tracks and I haven't updated this yet, but will do over the next couple of days so please keep them coming. 

Playlist (Page 1). (Be aware that the playlist is hidden because it might give away hints about how the save develops).

Reveal hidden contents

Playlist (Page 2). (Be aware that the playlist is hidden because it might give away hints about how the save develops).

Reveal hidden contents

Playlist (Page 3). (Be aware that the playlist is hidden because it might give away hints about how the save develops).

Reveal hidden contents

Reader suggested tracks. (Be aware that achievements are hidden because it obviously gives away hints about how the save develops). 

Reveal hidden contents

Achievements. (Be aware that achievements are hidden because it obviously gives away hints about how the save develops). 

Reveal hidden contents

Jobs offered. (Be aware that these are hidden because again it might give away some of the development of the save)

Reveal hidden contents

Significant players produced by the Academy of a club that I managed. 

Reveal hidden contents

7 hours ago, XaW said:

I've listened to most of them, at least the first minute or so since I haven't heard of all them before. I must say, you have done a good of varying the genres, and while I really don't like a few of them I still really enjoy this thread and your writing as a whole.

Thanks. 

I've got to admit that some of them I don't like at all, (the Girls aloud track is an absolute abomination), where as I love the Sigur Ros track. I had never heard of "The Heavy" before, although I had heard that track used in advert or at least sampled in some way before. I had never heard if Ingram Hill, Skillet are new to me, (and a bit raw for my tastes) and I'm really not a fan of rap at all so if I am posting rap that doesn't cross over to mainstream then you know I was desperate for the link to whatever the post was about. The Weekend video was amazing. (I had never seen it before), in fact a few of the video's have been decent. The Peter Gabriel video and song made me laugh because in hindsight it's so obvious that Robbie Williams just ripped the whole thing off for Rock DJ. I love all the 80's/90's stuff and any of the rock that isn't too heavy. Had never heard of Alex Clare, (but quite liked it), and I really enjoyed the Ska/Mod stuff. 

If everyone who is reading could just pick 1 song that I have linked in the thread and let me know, it will give me an idea of who likes what. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Crazy. HK, Aug 2020

It's transfer deadline day in Aug 2020 and by DoF is running round Denmark trying to sign players to improve us, (which is great). The only problem is that he keeps trying to sign GK's and strikers. 

We have some great young GK's at the club. 

f10c5a2889b70230b0e0faaeaf3b9359.png

We have 2 really high PA strikers, and a few decent back-ups. 

45754a5b02bf229be5aad680505d151d.png

A top GK and a striker might make us better, but do I really care? No, gotta stick to development goals. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Headhunted. HK. Aug 2020.

I have had an interview with Valur who are 3rd in the Pepsi-deildin and they have just offered me the job. 

30ba1e6341be1564d40a31945635e659.png

0caf9936a23c2c60b5c52bc3d48196a6.png

They currently sit 3rd in the league with 8 games to play but their finances are insecure, (as ours are), and their facilities are worse than ours. I was approached by my board in an effort to make me stay, but I said I wanted an increase in Youth Recruitment to stay and they still said no. (They just can't afford it). The reality is that I am ahead of them in the league, they don't have any money and their facilities are worse and I am 2 years into a project here. It just doesn't make sense to make this move. I want to move, but ideally not to another Icelandic club and certainly not to them. 

I have declined the offer and will stay where I am.

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I had never heard of "The Heavy" before, although I had heard that track used in advert or at least sampled in some way before.

I have only heard about them because they have the into song in Borderlands 2.

Other than that they are unfamiliar to me. But I do feel I should give them a good listen now...

For my favorite song in here? I've always had a soft spot for Queen, but since I hadn't heard Wheetus since I was a Teenage Dirtbag myself, I have to give that my vote for now. Not because it's the best song, far from it, but it was fun hearing something I hadn't thought of for years.

I like seeing what you have posted musically tbh. 

I check out the first minute or so, but rarely go longer. Not that you've posted crap, just that, bar The Heavy, you haven't posted anything that I really listen to (not your problem/fault)

3 hours ago, XaW said:

I have only heard about them because they have the into song in Borderlands 2.

Other than that they are unfamiliar to me. But I do feel I should give them a good listen now...

For my favorite song in here? I've always had a soft spot for Queen, but since I hadn't heard Wheetus since I was a Teenage Dirtbag myself, I have to give that my vote for now. Not because it's the best song, far from it, but it was fun hearing something I hadn't thought of for years.

Fade Away. HK. Sep 2020.

End of Season Update. 2020.

We finished 3rd in the league and as a result qualified for Europe for the 1st time in the clubs history. We should be happy, but in fact I'm livid. We finished the league just 3 points behind Champions FH and with an identical goal difference and having scored more goals. What is astonishing however is that we only took 1 single point from our last 4 games as we faded away from a title challenge at the death for the 2nd successive season. I have read something somewhere within the game recently, (but I can't remember where), which suggests that this might be as a result of my squad full of inexperienced players, and it really is the pressure that got to them, (exactly like last season). I will have a think and see if I can remember where I read it. Having said that, if you had told me that I would have finished the season in 3rd, just 3 points behinds the Champions, then I would have been a very happy chappy.

56304a9de70c7dbc62bad35497248748.png

League Graph. This shows how well placed we were and how we fell away just when it mattered.

7b7cc17f1e35b2db161ea17ed3d205ad.png

League Fixtures.

e137dfa0ec024a275c10285be100ff60.png

Cup Fixtures. I am not concentrating on the Cup at all at the moment. My goal was to qualify for European football through our league finish. Because we did that, I feel this decision was justified. 

0ae6bf4ad70ac26fa0ccd8cc10b5cdb8.png

Manager of the Year.

641b9021bc5e9eebe75535b297686725.png

02fad320cb87ef3c01ad8bc919d8fb94.png

Goal of the Season Runner Up

d19fe202eabeb9b93381b8da5053b85e.png

Icelandic Young Player of the Year Runner Up.

89b7413b927b0dc792f69a2636ce2f71.png

Icelandic Golden Boot Winner

ba4609be38fa609e30a6a72c08171073.png

453cde4a1ffcbf27842b1139d9cafbab.png

Icelandic Footballer of the Year.

3c4e21e3d38429696ab467db52a0d14c.png

Team of the Year. Is this a joke? The Icelandic Golden Boot winner was my left winger and he also won the Icelandic Player of the Season. How is it then that he can't get into the Team of the Year?:idiot:

29f9d2efbcc79220fcfbd10dc28004d6.png

c9d513bc455bf78dbcdecdd4ea5bc685.png

9 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

I like seeing what you have posted musically tbh. 

I check out the first minute or so, but rarely go longer. Not that you've posted crap, just that, bar The Heavy, you haven't posted anything that I really listen to (not your problem/fault)

The Heavy really surprised me, (and I will be listening to more of them as a result of this). Loved the track you posted. There is a very cool vibe to them. I'm not sure that it's easy to label them accurately, (which I like). Funky soulful rock is the best I can do. :lol:

I'm not trying to make anyone particularly like stuff I have posted. If everyone who reads even enjoys a few seconds of anything I have posted then great. Ideally there will be little bits and pieces for everyone.