Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Jimbokav1971

[FM18] Uncle Jimbo's Icelandic Sound Explosion, (featuring other Countries, hopefully, if I get lucky, maybe). (You know, if there is an award for the longest thread title I have a sneaking suspicion that I might just be in with a chance of a nomination).

Recommended Posts

Hey Brother. HK. Dec 2018.

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I had 2 players with the same surname who were both of Albanian 2nd Nationality and I suggested, (without the official linkage), that they might be brothers. More accurately I suggested that they were "probably" brothers, but that it wasn't official in the game. The players have just returned for pre-season and I am going through the depth of each position and I noticed the following, and then, while getting the pictures for this, I noticed something else. 

46f7f96e3787d5ad0fc1748f2f3aa62b.png

Andri Þór (Bal) * is my starting GK and was the 1st player I gave a nickname to. That could be the reason why I didn't notice the family link until now.

On his favoured personnel list, Hlynur Grétarsson is listed as "Brother". (From a personal point of view, I also quite like that his favourite club is listed as Hertha Berlin). 

bc05d88c057ee6db2da2b7b16d0dda55.png

Hlynur Grétarsson is the younger brother, but he also has the link in his personal information. (It's also interesting that younger brother supports HK rather than Hertha).

a265f10eb9bef59bff68efe182dd602e.png

Something that I like even more than these 2 players being brothers, is that fact that one of them is a real player.

cd46240d126a43513e597a239794cf7a.png

While the younger of the 2 brothers is a Newgen or a Fred or whatever they are called now. (I haven't heard the term Fred for a long while now). 

feb1bae8d4d028fc9cd17c13771e9f3a.png

As if all this brotherly love isn't enough. we have another brotherly link. 

Brynjar (F.Pro) is my starting left winger and he has a brother listed on his profile too. (Once again it's interesting that an Icelandic player supports a big foreign team rather than an Icelandic club). 

 caeb9d3f343d105b7561dcf87a47eb3a.png

His brother, Andri Jónasson ...... oh my actual God! THEY ARE TWINS!!! :eek: They were both born on 14.9.1994. Andri is currently a free agent and although the link isn't shown here, it could be that it will appear once the scouting has been done. As it happens Andri is a free agent and I will be inviting him to come on a 4 week trial. 

dab812f47982dac5453e509e0f7d323d.png

What I really want is newgens who are both brothers, (or twins even!). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, XaW said:

You have a slider next to the budget so you can increase or decrease it to/from your transfer budget. Much like the wage budget.

Yeah, I knew that, but I haven't done it. (At least I don't think I've done it).

a68e7a915f8f5cd2810de74cc6011c6b.png

The Scouting Budget Total is £15,750, but it's saying that the Remaining Scouting Budget is £49,898.

The slider is all the way to the left suggesting that it's already at the minimum, although the transfer budget being at £0 possibly adds weight to your argument. The only thing is, when I try to move the slider to the right, it's not actually clickable, (although this could be because I have already done it by accident and I have to wait a set period before doing it again). Honestly not sure about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, XaW said:

Anyway, I'm following this once again. Your Icelandic adventures are always worth reading! :thup:

Thanks, although I'm not sure how long I will be staying in the Land of Fire and Ice this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Yeah, I knew that, but I haven't done it. (At least I don't think I've done it).

a68e7a915f8f5cd2810de74cc6011c6b.png

The Scouting Budget Total is £15,750, but it's saying that the Remaining Scouting Budget is £49,898.

The slider is all the way to the left suggesting that it's already at the minimum, although the transfer budget being at £0 possibly adds weight to your argument. The only thing is, when I try to move the slider to the right, it's not actually clickable, (although this could be because I have already done it by accident and I have to wait a set period before doing it again). Honestly not sure about this. 

Oh, you might have gone OVER your budget with scouts for the season, being in red and all... So your budget was 15k and your remaining is a negative 49k...

9 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Thanks, although I'm not sure how long I will be staying in the Land of Fire and Ice this time. 

I'll still follow your youth exploitation all over the world. I'll checkmark that as something I never thought I'd say.

Edit: Oh, so real players can have newgen/regen/fred brothers? I've never seen that before! :eek:

Edited by XaW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, XaW said:

Edit: Oh, so real players can have newgen/regen/fred brothers? I've never seen that before! :eek:

I had seen that mentioned elsewhere but never seen it. 

I've also never seen Newgens have Newgen brothers. Maybe it's been super-charged in FM18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, XaW said:

Oh, you might have gone OVER your budget with scouts for the season, being in red and all... So your budget was 15k and your remaining is a negative 49k...

That is a very distinct possibility as our financial situation is pretty dire. 

In fact, it's not just a possibility. You are absolutely spot on. 

38b922650f889b1be5a693faaf76fb2f.png

My balance is £753,396 overdrawn and that appears as a red bracketed figure. The scouting figure is also red and bracketed meaning that it's actually a negative number or a minus-figure depending on which part of the world you are in. 

Hang on a minute. I have an idea.

ec7792d3d5d9e833504bcaa6cc712b30.png

There you go. That's better and avoids the confusion. What must have happened is that our finances has got worse to such an extent that they have adjusted the budgets, but this has created a minus-figure rather than stopping at zero. Ah well. It all makes sense now. Thanks @XaW:thup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scouting continued. Jan 2019.

The other thing to consider about the scouting situation and in particular the scouting budget is that when you run out of money, your "packages" should be unavailable and should revert to "no packages". That's not the case for me currently as you can see.

73cc49c86a6b10a70b8c514079076232.png

I'm not sure why, but if we look at the left column, the packages covering Iceland, Pepsi-deildin & 1.deild karla, and Pepsi-deildin alone are all showing as costing £0. 

Similarly, if we look at the right hand column, the bottom 3 packaghes again are all showing as costing £0. 

I'm not sure what is going on here but this wasn't what happened when I ran out of money in Spain.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

Scouting continued. Jan 2019.

The other thing to consider about the scouting situation and in particular the scouting budget is that when you run out of money, your "packages" should be unavailable and should revert to "no packages". That's not the case for me currently as you can see.

73cc49c86a6b10a70b8c514079076232.png

I'm not sure why, but if we look at the left column, the packages covering Iceland, Pepsi-deildin & 1.deild karla, and Pepsi-deildin alone are all showing as costing £0. 

Similarly, if we look at the right hand column, the bottom 3 packaghes again are all showing as costing £0. 

I'm not sure what is going on here but this wasn't what happened when I ran out of money in Spain.  

 

Maybe because Iceland is so small, all the players are known??

Cue the music

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done the same "mistake" as you unfortunately. The time I get used to the new scouting system and understand everything I had spent €400k on scouting, quite a high figure for a third tier Scottish club :D

I'm being way more careful now with assignments and my scouting range.

So that means I'm also unable to go on a coaching course.. it's damn frustrating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Toffle said:

I've done the same "mistake" as you unfortunately. The time I get used to the new scouting system and understand everything I had spent €400k on scouting, quite a high figure for a third tier Scottish club :D

I'm being way more careful now with assignments and my scouting range.

So that means I'm also unable to go on a coaching course.. it's damn frustrating!

Nah. :herman:

There is absolutely no way I'm that stupid. There is no way I would run up a huge scouting bill like that and put the club at risk. No way at all. Nope. It didn't happen. Ever. Not to me. And to be honest you have a cheek even suggesting it.

3dcbd41988e7ea165fdcf28200d3571c.png

:idiot:

0059bdc4d57d531fcb926e9da6cb3b38.png

[Edit]

Granted, the scouting costs only add up to £274,057 while I have been here, but that's ridiculous! I could only scout Iceland last year I think. How did we possibly spend that much?

[Edit2]

By the way, I should point out that I have spent £102,558 and the players have only been at pre-season for a couple of weeks. We haven;t even played a pre-season game yet never mind about a proper game. We are months away from proper football and..... oh this is depressing, (and confusing).

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a lower rated club I've only used scouting to get a minimal view of the stats and then fully backed the scouts recommendation. Then it's be trials, trials and more trials. I think I had 300 players in on a trial the last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 12:14, Jimbokav1971 said:

I'd rather go blind, (than see you walk away from me). HK. Jul 2018.

Even though I knew it was coming, I was so annoyed that I was tempted, (just for a second), to press the sell him right now button. But no, we need to get promoted and then take every opportunity to hammer Stjarnan for the rest of the save. 

17fb63be29e4ac002d77ae99da9a855c.png

I could have matched the £425 per week wages, but nobody gets a yearly wage rise at my clubs and there is no way I could have matched the £650 after 20 games never mind about the £1,000 after 30 games. This is a good deal for the youngster and his new club, but it's a rubbish deal for us.

Ah well. Let's just hope that we will both be playing in the same league next season. 

Stjarnan are currently fighting for the Pepsi-Deildin title, and even at this early stage are just about guaranteed European football next season so I can't really blame him. 

7a4b2cacdbe65986f53d52a14d3434db.png

You're a far less vindictive man than I am, lad would have been dropped like a lead weight and never played another minute for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my game might be dead. 

Everything was fine last night but I can't watch 3d highlights now, even highlights from previously played games. Not sure what I have done or if there has been an update but nobody else seems to be experiencing issues. 

It's like buffering of the most extreme kind. I just tried to watch the highlights of a penalty being taken for example and I say about 4 different screenshots of his run up and it took about 20 seconds. I can't play the game like this. 

[Edit]

False alarm.

Highlights working fine now except for the absence of sound, (which is no biggy  because I have some more crap music to listen to). :lol:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I think my game might be dead. 

Everything was fine last night but I can't watch 3d highlights now, even highlights from previously played games. Not sure what I have done or if there has been an update but nobody else seems to be experiencing issues. 

It's like buffering of the most extreme kind. I just tried to watch the highlights of a penalty being taken for example and I say about 4 different screenshots of his run up and it took about 20 seconds. I can't play the game like this. 

[Edit]

False alarm.

Highlights working fine now except for the absence of sound, (which is no biggy  because I have some more crap music to listen to). :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had that happen yesterday. A game slowed right down for me too but then it was okay again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I think my game might be dead. 

Everything was fine last night but I can't watch 3d highlights now, even highlights from previously played games. Not sure what I have done or if there has been an update but nobody else seems to be experiencing issues. 

It's like buffering of the most extreme kind. I just tried to watch the highlights of a penalty being taken for example and I say about 4 different screenshots of his run up and it took about 20 seconds. I can't play the game like this. 

[Edit]

False alarm.

Highlights working fine now except for the absence of sound, (which is no biggy  because I have some more crap music to listen to). :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deisler26 said:

 

I love this. Not the song, but the fact that you are responding in the style of the thread. :applause:

You were one of the inspirations for the thread in case you hadn't guessed. :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I love this. Not the song, but the fact that you are responding in the style of the thread. :applause:

You were one of the inspirations for the thread in case you hadn't guessed. :thup:

Everyone is doing it now :lol:

But I shall continue to reply as such! Thanks man!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Money. HK. Mar 2019.

Things are going from bad to worse financially. I know that a portion of the problem at least is as a result of the exorbitant scouting fees currently in the game, (it seriously needs resolving in a patch), but there is only so much within my control 

d31345e9276cf9af8b574b1cea2b9d13.png

I suppose what I need to do is get rid of all scouting staff, or at the very least take over individual control of them, but I just don't want to be bothered with messing a about with scouting. I haven't instructed a single scouting action since the last financial update but things are no better, (obviously because they are still following the existing instructions). I will have to look at the situation again  but this is a big problem and one that I'm surprised more people aren;t encountering.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the hell! HK. Apr 2019.

What the actual hell! :mad:

From developing our own players to this?

314cfed1be27663e8b2fdd2c95dbfa5a.png

With the financial situation the way it is, I feel that I brief return to HK is almost at an end. There is no way that I am having this. I have let my DoF make some signings, but that was with a view to us being self sufficient from now on. 

I can't and won't accept philosophies like this while I am doing well. It's one thing swallowing when you are struggling, but not after promotion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I suppose what I need to do is get rid of all scouting staff, or at the very least take over individual control of them, but I just don't want to be bothered with messing a about with scouting. I haven't instructed a single scouting action since the last financial update but things are no better, (obviously because they are still following the existing instructions). I will have to look at the situation again  but this is a big problem and one that I'm surprised more people aren;t encountering.  

 

(it made me stop playing for now)

Edited by Toffle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is too good, love the idea. Don't like the change of hearts from your soon-to-be-ex-chairman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

What the hell! HK. Apr 2019.

What the actual hell! :mad:

From developing our own players to this?

314cfed1be27663e8b2fdd2c95dbfa5a.png

With the financial situation the way it is, I feel that I brief return to HK is almost at an end. There is no way that I am having this. I have let my DoF make some signings, but that was with a view to us being self sufficient from now on. 

I can't and won't accept philosophies like this while I am doing well. It's one thing swallowing when you are struggling, but not after promotion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TIR669 said:

This is too good, love the idea. Don't like the change of hearts from your soon-to-be-ex-chairman.

Thanks. I know that not all the music will suit everyone's tastes, (or even my own), but I'm sometimes just searching for songs by names and seeing what comes up. I have a short-list of some songs for future events though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing. HK. Apr 2019.

I would like to tell you that the literal translation of Hoppipola is "nothing" and that's exactly what we have contributed to the senior (ISL) National Team in terms of Home Grown players. Unfortunately however, that is simply not the case and the literal translation of Hoppipola is actually "Hopping into puddles". Because Sugur Ros are an Icelandic band and because it's a beautiful song, I am going to pretend that none of you actually read what I write and instead you just glance at the titles, and then look at the pictures while listening to the music. :lol:

6f0ef2c860b7e68b49c36bce79027f4a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glittering Prize. HK. Apr 2019.

d35e5286e1be9854c3bdfe98466389c8.png

I know it's only the League Cup, (which is little more than a series of friendlies grouped together to form a competition), but it's also my 1st silverware, (hence "Glittering Prize"). My brief was to ensure that we weren't outclassed too often, so this is a significant upset. 

For those of you who don't know, the League Cup is played at neutral venues all the way through, (which makes it a little interesting), and you play everyone in a Group of 8 once, with the top 2 teams from each of 3 groups progressing, plus the 2 best 3rd placed teams. After that it's straight knockout. In FM17 I came up with a strategy involving playing strong teams early in the competitions and hopefully securing progress from the league early, allowing me to field weakened teams in the latter stages of the group stage. Then I would go "big" again in the Quarter-Final, fielding my strongest team, before rotating just about the whole team for the Semi, (which is only 3 days later), before reverting again to my strongest team again for the Final. If memory serves me right, we came a cropper in a few Semi's, but we usually won the Final when we got there. I used the same strategy again here and it worked well. At the 1st attempt I won all the games in the Group stage, but a crash meant I had to start again from game 3. We drew the 4th game 2nd time around and then went and lost the last Group game with a fully rotated squad. (It's one of the risks of this strategy). What it allowed us to do however was field our strongest team, completely rested, in the Quarters. IBK Keflavik might have beaten our Reserves in the final Group stage game, but they were no match for our 1st Team. The Semi was where I thought we would come unstuck as we faced one of what I call the "Big Trio". KR are onf of the big 3 in Iceland, (along with FH and Stjarnan who met in the other Semi. That we beat them to make the Final was a big surprise. I think that we won largely because I rested the whole team and they had better players who were just tired after having played 3 days earlier. The Final was a toughy against another of the Big 3, but again I had just rested the whole squad for the previous game and this allowed us to run out comfortable 3-0 winners. 

First trophy in the bag. :cool:

ec6b4c3d68eb2836749eff6b16292d48.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost Perfect. HK. May 2019.

Pre-season was almost perfect. (Although in FM17 I used to only call it perfect if we won the League Cup without conceding a goal and then went and also won the Champions Cup, (that's the Charity Shield to you and me), again, without conceding a goal). We are not quite there, (by which I of course mean we are not even close).  

d50fc444a578a040cae45a9acb66e591.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are reading this and you haven't pressed play on this video then please do, (and play it loud). It's great! :thup:

How you like me now? HK. May 2019.

1756d8f3bba42a0abb0c3a71ea1e0c98.png

644c7b03f9794b66568d2807a2da2e8a.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Time. HK. May 2019.

We've just played out 1st game in the Pepsi-deildin and we absolutely smashed it. We only won 2-0, but it was an absolute battering of a 2-0 if ever I saw one. 

0db9f07c38cccf52d8f6ce5b9d52d6ab.png

To put this win in perspective, last season Vikingur finished 6th. 

There are 4 European spots up fro grabs in Iceland right now and they finished 6th. I don't think we are capable of breaking into the Top 3 at the 1st attempt, but I think that 4th spot is up for grabs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving on a Jet Plane. HK. Jun 2019.

So Hard Brexit it is. :applause:Where is my passport. Surely there is a job for me in England somewhere?

24967335626104c52587d2ab7693f0cf.png
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Move? HK. Jun 2019.

I've decided that I need to move and any more time I spend here, while not exactly wasted, is not the best use of my time unless it's going to significantly enhance my reputation.

8f2802c95fa61358bed359de45e0295e.png

The 3 English Conference South clubs have Limited, Limited and Fairly Basic Youth Recruitment so that doesn't seem a good fit for what I want to do. 

The 4 Swedish Div 2 sides have Fairly Basic, Basic, Basic & Fairly Basic Youth Recruitment. Again, those are not the type of clubs I'm after. 

The Swedish Div 1 side has F.Basic Youth Recruitment. 

HIFK of Finland from the top League in Finland and have Average Youth Recruitment (Levels 9-11), and this is the 1st job that actually appeals at all. The other Finnish club also poor facilities. 

Fulham are the type of club I want to manage, but they are simply playing at too high a level for me at the moment. 

HIFK Advert

ed2abd08dd0f2cab45d6ae6c15156015.png

Finances are ok, Facilities are good and I have never Managed in Finland before. Check and check and triple check. The only problem is that they need me to save them from relegation and that looks like a tough ask from here. 

37e80e63ac3518998e23e0e2448e0d0f.png

The bottom team is relegated, (that's us at the moment), and then 2nd bottom plays in a relegation Playoff against..... the Runner Up in the League below. I would be keen on this job if they had already been relegated or if I didn't think they would sack me if I took them down, but I think I might and I think they would. I need to keep looking. Maybe someone in Scandiland will start offer me a job if I keep performing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wanted. All Time Low. HK. Juk 2019.

Although our bank debt had crept above the £1M mark, it has actually now dropped to a meagre £677,511. I've just had a look though and this was only achieved by the board injecting a sum of £488,280 into the coffers. I'm still looking for a new job and have just been approached for the 1st time in the game, (albeit only for an interview rather than a direct job offer). 

573170060f2bf1ad9a530a63a57631bd.png

Fjolnir are bottom of the league and despite technically being in Europe, lost the home leg of the Europa League 1st Qualifying Round 2-0 to Dinamo Minsk of Belarus, (so they won't be in Europe in 4 days time). Their facilities are good and of course they are likely to not be as in a poor financial state as we are, but do I really want to start again in Iceland? Is it is we are challenging for the title at the 1st attempt and at the very least European football is a realistic target for next season. I think I am going to attend the interview, but only to see if I can get my next level of badges out of my current HK board. I actually don't want to join Folnir. 

e3e7e42046615f15703b325214d44516.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Although our bank debt had crept above the £1M mark, it has actually now dropped to a meagre £677,511.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay. HK. Jul 2019.

So I have used the interview with Fjolnir as a bargaining tool as much as I can. The thing is, despite me performing my socks off, the board just don't see things the same way. 

cf9a11889d7f7b7ac455dadaae479d00.png

I'm "untouchable" which is nice, but you can see that there is a huge difference between the board's vision and my own. No, I might get a new badge out of this, but I want out. This is no time for sentiment. 

Did I mention I was untouchable? :lol: (What a truly horrific song).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Did I mention I was untouchable? :lol: (What a truly horrific song).

 

Argh! My ears! I would have chosen this one...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dressed for Success. HK. Jul 2019.

I managed to get them to change their minds about Youth development, and tried to force things with regards to a Youth Recruitment expansion, but that was just too much. 

f91eaa8408af132d7c4dfff4d2a485a1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double-Crossed. HK. Jul 2019. 

I can't believe it. They agreed to the developing youth philosophy so I signed a new contract, only to find out after signing that they had lied to me and hadn't agreed to the change in philosophies at all. Absolute ********! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Spoiler

I created this spoiler by accident so just thought I would leave you a little something here so that any of you who clicked on it didn't waste your time. 

 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the board only knew all what you accomplished for HK in a parellel dimension they would surely treat you better.

Time to leave!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missing. Youth Day. Aug 2019.

I went through and re-named everyone and was just checking favoured personnel list to see if I had any siblings when.... whammo. Laptop crashed and I hadn't saved since the intake.

The GK was brilliant, (almost already as good now as my 2 other very good GK's).

The AF was good and looked to have a decent attribute balance going on. 

The (POL) bloke was ok. 

We had 3x Pro's and 1x F.Pro.

Ah well. Will have to see what we get next time. :(

9d747a2556d1b068814e919f8d1a446a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super-Human Touch, (modestly). HK. Aug 2019.

I don't think I have ever seen this get this high before. Even when I was smashing Europe with San Marino I think it was only in the high 70's because it was such a gradual process. If they would just clear the debt and sort the facilities out we could take over the World! 

1eece488a8377779661c554eca312752.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...