[FM18][SKIN] Football Manager 2018 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

2018_skin.thumb.png.e80182d823a3626d2a33215ddb15edf8.png

Football Manager 2018 Base Skins

NOTE: If you are using Football Manager Touch 2018 then please see the second post.

As with most recent Football Managers for you to make certain changes in Football Manager 2018 you need to create a new skin.

So to make things easier for people I've put up some base skins that are identical to the default skins that come with the game, so you can add new files/graphics to these without messing up the original skins, and anything that isn't located in these new skin folders will be taken from the default locations within the game.

For Football Manager 2018 you have three skins to choose from the Default skin, the Light skin and the Dark skin.

Base 2018 Skin - This is the Default skin and is based on the Default Football Manager Skin.

Base 2018 Dark Skin - This is the Dark Base Skin and is based on the Football Manager Dark Skin.

Base 2018 Light Skin - This is the Light Base Skin and is based on the Football Manager Light Skin.

Change Log

Dark Base Skin v1.1 uploaded 5:22am GMT 12th November 2017

- Added in the missing colour variables.

All Versions v3.0 uploaded 16:10pm GMT 2nd March 2018

- Updated for patch 18.3.0 - some colour tweaks from the patch and addition of the match condition colours for the light and default skins.

Install Instructions:

When you extract the file you have downloaded you should have one folder (with a name starting base18...) and a readme.txt file.

Now copy the folder into your skins folder within your User Data Location, by default this is:

For Windows:
C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\

For Mac:
/Users/[Your Mac Username]/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018/

For Linux:
/home/documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018/

If done right your skins folder should look something like this:

fm18baseskins_skinfolder.thumb.png.9c43939521d611969f5fd774efee457e.png

And inside for example the base18 folder you should have the following folders:

fm18baseskins_basefolder.thumb.png.baca072454519f1f36eb90d455c7961c.png

When you load the game up if the skin cache is off any skins in the skins folder should appear in the skins menu like the below image:

fm18baseskins_dropdown.png.1dadd3785546b34e23116afd8b0308cd.png

NOTE: FMT skins will only appear when you are playing the FMT mode and normal skins will only appear when playing the normal mode.

If the skin cache is on you'll need to turn it off, exit the Preferences menu and re-enter it and any new skins should appear, if not tick 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm' and change skins, click confirm and go back in and your skin should appear.

How To Stop the Blurring Effect when Processing

FM2016 introduced a new feature where when the main screen isn't the focus of the screen it blurs out, however if you don't like this effect it is simple enough to disable it, to do this simply browse to the following location within the Base Skin you are using:

\graphics\boxes\dialog\background

Inside will be a paper.xml file open that and locate this line:

<boolean id="blurred" value="true"/>

and change it to read:

<boolean id="blurred" value="false"/>

How To enable Background Changes

FM2018 again supports background changes directly this year, however if you are using the Dark Base skin there is a file you need to edit as it has a solid overlay over the background meaning that whilst the background is displaying you cannot see it.

Inside the Base skin that you have downloaded you need to browse to this location:

\graphics\boxes\custom\background\

And rename the '!paper' and '!paper@2x' png files to 'paper' and 'paper@2x' which will make them take on the same transparency as those used in the other Base Skins.

If you need further help on editing the transparency of the images then have a look at this guide - its for FM2015 but the editing of the graphics is the same.

To Replace Graphics

To get the 2D pitch icons (balls, nets, players) into the game they no longer need to go into the skins folder and can instead now be installed directly into the graphics folder.

To Edit the Fonts

The font settings are now controlled by the various files located inside the fonts folder. For the base skins I have included all the default font files to save you having to go look for them. To edit the fonts its just a case of changing the various variables declared in the xml files, whilst to change the actual font you copy the font you want to use to the font folder and then update the font names in the xml files to match your new font.

To Edit the Font Colours

The colour settings for each skin are controlled by the settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the  settings.xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control.

The colours are declared in RGB values, that range from 0-255 where Red=255 Green=255 Blue=255 is white and Red=0 Green=0 Blue=0 is black.

To locate the RGB value of a colour you want to use you can either use a image editing program to obtain the RGB Value of the colour or type rgb values into google and it will bring up several websites that list the RGB Values for various colours.

Note that whilst this file contains most of the text colour settings, some items are hardcoded, others are determined by the individual xml files and some others are set by the xml files in the fonts folder.

Also if you have the Skin Cache on you can change some of the colours directly through the game from the Preferences -> Interface-> Skin Colours screen

How to Recolour the Game Colours

Like with Football Manager 2015 the colours of the various graphics that make up the skin are now controlled by settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the settings.xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control.

To Edit the Attribute Threshold

This is now done in game via the Preferences -> Interface -> Skin Colours screen.

For your changes to take affect

If you have made any changes to the base skins (colours, fonts, graphics) to get your changes to show you’ll need to go into the Preferences -> Interface Menu and untick ‘Use caching to decrease page loading times’ if it is ticked and then tick ‘Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences’ then click confirm and your changes should be applied, if you have previousily ticked and unticked the required boxes a 'Reload Skin' button should appear in the bottom left corner, if this button appears you can click that if the Confirm Button is grayed out.

Base Skins for Football Manager 2018 Download Page

(Link contains links to all downloads)

---
You are free to do what you want (apart from upload to Steam Workshop as I'll upload them) with these Base Skins provided:

1. It is not sold or behind a paywall.
2. You don't advertise it as being exclusive to your website.
3. My username and blog address are included: http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2018T_skin.thumb.png.ecb1e9294743169a88f756eb66e61aca.png
Football Manager Touch 2018 Base Skins

NOTE: If you are using the Full Mode of Football Manager 2018 then please see the first post as I have separated them again this year.

As with most recent Football Managers for you to make certain changes in Football Manager Touch 2018 you need to create a new skin.

So to make things easier for people I've put up some base skins that are identical to the default skins that come with the game, so you can add new files/graphics to these without messing up the original skins, and anything that isn't located in these new skin folders will be taken from the default locations within the game.

For Football Manager Touch 2018 you have six skins to choose from a Light one, Dark one and Retro aswell as Touchscreen versions of all three.

Base2018 Touch Skin - This is the Base Skin for the FMT (Touch) Mode and is identical in appearance to the Football Manager Touch Skin.

Base2018 Touch - Dark Skin - This is the Dark Base Skin for the FMT (Touch) Mode and is identical in appearance to the Football Manager Touch - Dark Skin.

Base2018 Touch - Retro Skin - This is the Retro Base Skin for the FMT (Touch) Mode and is identical in appearance to the Football Manager Touch - Retro Skin.

Base2018 Touch - Touchscreen Skin - This is the Base Skin for the FMT (Touch) Mode and is identical in appearance to the Football Manager Touch - Touchscreen Skin.

Base2018 Touch - Touchscreen Dark Skin - This is the Dark Base Skin for the FMT (Touch) Mode and is identical in appearance to the Football Manager Touch - Touchscreen Dark Skin.

Base2018 Touch - Touchscreen Retro Skin - This is the Retro Base Skin for the FMT (Touch) Mode and is identical in appearance to the Football Manager Touch - Touchscreen Retro Skin.

Install Instructions:

When you extract the file you have downloaded you should have one folder (with a name starting base17touch...) and a readme.txt file.

Now copy the folder into your skins folder within your User Data Location, by default this is:

For Windows:
C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager Touch 2018\

For Mac:
/Users/[Your Mac Username]/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager Touch 2018/

For Linux:
/home/documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager Touch 2018/

If done right your skins folder should look something like this:

FMT18base_skinsfolder.thumb.png.6f66174b6b610c5171b78017416157f9.png

And inside for example the base18_touch folder you should have the following folders:

FMT18base_folder.thumb.png.4d3b4eb5264c7eda4cd8aae4aeb02e99.png

When you load the game up if the skin cache is off any skins in the skins folder should appear in the skins menu like the below image:

FMT18base_dropdown.png.d126e7b9bf80ab154ec1bee6b525846d.png

If the skin cache is on you'll need to turn it off, exit the Preferences menu and re-enter it and any new skins should appear, if not tick 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm' and change skins, click confirm and go back in and your skin should appear.

How To Stop the Blurring Effect when Processing

FM2016 introduced a new feature where when the main screen isn't the focus of the screen it blurs out, however if you don't like this effect it is simple enough to disable it, to do this simply browse to the following location within the Base Skin you are using:

\graphics\boxes\dialog\background

Inside will be a paper.xml file open that and locate this line:

<boolean id="blurred" value="true"/>

and change it to read:

<boolean id="blurred" value="false"/>

Then reload the skin and the background content should now be clearer.

To Edit the Fonts

The font settings are now controlled by the various files located inside the fonts folder. For the base skins I have included all the default font files to save you having to go look for them. To edit the fonts its just a case of changing the various variables declared in the xml files, whilst to change the actual font you copy the font you want to use to the font folder and then update the font names in the xml files to match your new font.

To Edit the Font Colours

The colour settings for each skin are controlled by the settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the  settings.xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control.

The colours are declared in RGB values, that range from 0-255 where Red=255 Green=255 Blue=255 is white and Red=0 Green=0 Blue=0 is black.

To locate the RGB value of a colour you want to use you can either use a image editing program to obtain the RGB Value of the colour or type rgb values into google and it will bring up several websites that list the RGB Values for various colours.

Note that whilst this file contains most of the text colour settings, some items are hardcoded, others are determined by the individual xml files and some others are set by the xml files in the fonts folder.

How to Recolour the Game Colours

Since Football Manager 2015 the colours of the various graphics that make up the skin are now controlled by settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the settings.xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control.

For your changes to take affect

If you have made any changes to the base skins (colours, fonts, graphics) to get your changes to show you’ll need to go into the Preferences -> Interface Menu and untick ‘Use caching to decrease page loading times’ if it is ticked and then tick ‘Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences’ then click confirm and your changes should be applied, if you have previousily ticked and unticked the required boxes a 'Reload Skin' button should appear in the bottom left corner, if this button appears you can click that if the Confirm Button is grayed out.

Base Skins for Football Manager Touch 2018 Download Page

(Link contains links to all downloads)

---
You are free to do what you want (apart from upload to Steam Workshop as I'll upload them) with these Base Skins provided:

1. It is not sold or behind a paywall.
2. You don't advertise it as being exclusive to your website.
3. My username and blog address are included: http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/

5 minutes ago, bones2 said:

Is there a way to stop my own teams side bar from changing colour.

I would like my team sidebar to be the same as all the other teams if possible.

Many thanks.:)

Locate sidebar menu table.xml change appearance: appearance="boxes/custom/interface/sidebar/paper" then change the paper image to a colour of your choice. I think that's what I did yesterday. 

43 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Have a look at this thread:

I did this in my old copy of FM2015 and it worked but tried to do it in FM2018 and it didn't. I don't think I did anything wrong

but it is always possible.

44 minutes ago, Olukitzfudgey said:

Locate sidebar menu table.xml change appearance: appearance="boxes/custom/interface/sidebar/paper" then change the paper image to a colour of your choice. I think that's what I did yesterday. 

I could not find a menu table.xml. Do you know where it is in FM2018.

I had better add that at the moment I am on FM2018 demo because I want to make sure I can do these things before I buy the full version.

If you only have the demo then you won't have access to the resource tool so won't be able to extract the FM18 files, so you'll need to wait for someone to carry out the changes for you.

Though it looks like the sidebar is a lot easier to edit this year removing the id bit from this line sets it to the same colour for every screen;

<container class="bordered_box" id="colm" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/sidebar/paper" red_replacement="dark accent" blue_replacement="black">

Which means you can have it recolour to each teams colour or you can change the red_replacement value to a fixed colour to have it the same everywhere, whilst changing the appearance graphic will allow you to edit the transparency of it:

First screenshot is just with the ID removed you can see it has taken the blue colour of the prem when it would normally be grey, whilst second is with the colour changed to yellow, when it would be red normaly:

capture_003_11112017_171251.thumb.png.251f5559cf83553b4fd6b42a74f17c37.pngcapture_004_11112017_171326.thumb.png.9df9dcf20972ea032b785d03157055f4.png

Is it possible to get rid of the shading you get on the squad screen (players who are selected have their row shaded in dark grey and ones that don't are in the default) and on the fixtures screen (European fixtures are shaded in blue, friendlies in purple, etc)?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, frank_olaf said:

Is it possible to get rid of the shading you get on the squad screen (players who are selected have their row shaded in dark grey and ones that don't are in the default) and on the fixtures screen (European fixtures are shaded in blue, friendlies in purple, etc)?

Thanks.

Couple of ways to do it easiest is to change the colours from the settings file locate these lines:

<colour name="fixture continental row" value="blue 500"/>
  <colour name="fixture cup row" value="light blue 500"/>
  <colour name="fixture friendly row" value="deep purple 500"/>

<colour name="squad_outside" red="137" green="146" blue="160"/> <!-- Must respond news item row - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="squad_substitute" red="210" green="210" blue="210"/> <!-- Optional news item row - red_replacement -->

And change the RGB values to suit.

Alternative method is to alter the xml files that control those panels which are:

'team squad' xml file located in panels\team\ folder
'fixtures list panel' xml file located in panels\match\ folder

At the top of those files will be a list of styles that sets the row graphics used for each instance you just need to set them to the standard one - "tables/standard/row/normal/row"

Third option is to copy over and edit the various table graphics found in the following location:

\sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\tables

Note that the second and third options will require you to extract and transfer over those files from the fmf files.

2 hours ago, frank_olaf said:

Thanks @michaeltmurrayuk.

Do you know if it's possible to change the default in match tactics screen to the one with the vertical pitch and player list?

Thanks

Not from first glance as the new screen seems to be generated by the game instead of the xml files, though you can get to the classic screen by clicking the set-piece option on the right, that brings up a popup with the classic screens. So it might be possible to redirect tactics link directly to that panel but it will take a bit of looking around but it's on my list of things to do.

3 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

is there a way to reduce the 'header' section on every panel ? (that contains the panel title/selector drop down etc...

im drawing a blank, i'm sure its in the graphics somewhere maybe. 

If you mean the sub panel headers then they should be controlled by the graphics found here: \sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\boxes\subsection\standard

13 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you mean the sub panel headers then they should be controlled by the graphics found here: \sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\boxes\subsection\standard

The height of these sections? 

5a0b3bb0e4dfc_Rangers_Profile.thumb.png.6503676e49f14c690ee899a4d1e7a7dc.png

Does anybody know what controls the icon at the bottom of the sidebar that tells us when the next match is? I have changed the colour of the sidebar to match the team as you can see, but when viewing a team that plays in white, the icon is hard to see due to that being white also. I have attached a pic of what I mean.

compressed.thumb.png.38c7730d83b4cdde2c0655c7e8cf9fdd.png

23 minutes ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Does anybody know what controls the icon at the bottom of the sidebar that tells us when the next match is? I have changed the colour of the sidebar to match the team as you can see, but when viewing a team that plays in white, the icon is hard to see due to that being white also. I have attached a pic of what I mean.

compressed.thumb.png.38c7730d83b4cdde2c0655c7e8cf9fdd.png

It's controlled by the 'next fixture icon' and 'next fixture today icon' xml files located in the \panels\menubar folder (the other files in that folder control the other icons on the sidebar) which you'll need to extract from the panels.fmf file. Locate the colour bit and change it to the colour of your choice.

14 hours ago, SixPointer said:

I have downloaded the default base skins how do I get a stadium picture onto the background

You need to download a stadium background pack, once you have added one of them they should show automatically unless you are using the Dark Base Skin then you'll need to follow the instructions in the opening post to add support for backgrounds.

13 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Is there a color imbalance between the sidebar & titlebar, having a mare getting to them to the same shade even just both set to primary. 

The sidebar is slightly transparent so that is likely causing the mismatch, also if the shading of the two graphics isn't the same it will affect the colour when the game changes it - if you make both graphics solid red they should match.

23 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The sidebar is slightly transparent so that is likely causing the mismatch, also if the shading of the two graphics isn't the same it will affect the colour when the game changes it - if you make both graphics solid red they should match.

Cheers Mike, couldnt figure it out even using the one paper file, nevermind went with a 2 shade option for now.  I need to figure out how to get the club badge back into the sidebar as well, that xml seems to be in 3 seperate xmls. (sidebar, client & header ergh!)

OK, I have another question. How can I add CA and PA attributes to the player attributes panel so that people who have In-Game Editor can see it? I know that it's possible because i've seen it on other skins in the past, such as the Helvetica Lite 2016 skin.

My knowledge on skin edit is pretty basic but i've managed to download helvetica lite 2016 skin and copy/paste the art player attributes panel.xml file to FM18 base Dark skin PANELS folder, but in-game it keeps not showing CA/PA values.

So i've tried to create a art player attribute.xml file with only the CA/PA parts:

<!-- Height-->
            <widget class="label" row="0" column="0" size="9" colour="faded text">
              <record id="object_property" get_property="PCAB" name="true"/>
            </widget>
            <widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="PCAB" row="0" column="1" style="bold" size="10" colour="faded text">
              <record id="object_property" get_property="PCAB"/>
              <record id="widget_properties" alignment="right, centre_y" />
            </widget>
            <!-- Weight-->
            <widget class="label" row="1" column="0" size="9" colour="faded text">
              <record id="object_property" get_property="PPAB" name="true"/>
            </widget>
            <widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="PPAB" row="1" column="1" style="bold" size="10" colour="faded text">
              <record id="object_property" get_property="PPAB"/>
              <record id="widget_properties" alignment="right, centre_y" />
            </widget>
          </widget>

where PCAB property is CA value and PPAB PA value. But when i load the skin with the xml file inside the skin folder the game shows me an error.

Can please someone help?

3 minutes ago, QP said:

@michaeltmurrayuk

Hi, I have a problem with the base dark skin and with other skins too, how can I solve this.

ylkJY9.png

It's a bug in the game, manually clearing your appdata folder should fix it (export any custom views first as this will wipe them) : https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/

On 11/26/2017 at 08:57, Alexpuk2002 said:

I am using the base light skin and during the match the time and the condition are a little to bright and hard to see. Is there any way to change the colour of these.

compressed.thumb.png.dc520ff131fc60b91a2236156db1154d.png

In the settings file locate these values:

<colour name="low condition" value="red 800" />
    <colour name="mid condition" value="orange 700" />
    <colour name="high condition" value="black" />

<colour name="match scoreboard clock" value="amber 800"/>   

And change them to suit.

• 2 weeks later...

Anzhi1.thumb.png.cea4f368dee751178ae33107933c8ae3.pngKuban.thumb.png.f75f053cac3551f7a1cd64f403687a76.pngSondrio.thumb.png.03ff43daf2cfc80578ac68b5680029da.png
Hi,

I have a problem with the topbar, it's almost impossible to read the menu items for some clubs. I use the default dark skin.
- how can I change the colors of the list (circle # 1)?
- is it possible to remove the background blur (circle # 2)? In the top of the bar (circle # 3), where there is not the blur, I can read.
- can I use the editor or do I have to change the skin?
Thanks to those who will help me

8 hours ago, Cris87 said:

Anzhi1.thumb.png.cea4f368dee751178ae33107933c8ae3.pngKuban.thumb.png.f75f053cac3551f7a1cd64f403687a76.pngSondrio.thumb.png.03ff43daf2cfc80578ac68b5680029da.png
Hi,

I have a problem with the topbar, it's almost impossible to read the menu items for some clubs. I use the default dark skin.
- how can I change the colors of the list (circle # 1)?
- is it possible to remove the background blur (circle # 2)? In the top of the bar (circle # 3), where there is not the blur, I can read.
- can I use the editor or do I have to change the skin?
Thanks to those who will help me

To change the colours the easiest method is to use the editor, (though it will only affect new games), another options is to follow the instructions here:

Though rather than adding in new lines you can just adjust the existing ones - locate the lines for the colours you are having problems with and adjust the output colours.

For the fade affect in the header if you want it removed completely have a look at this post:

If you just want it gone from the sidebar then easiest option is to edit the following graphics so they no longer have any transparency; boxes/custom/interface/sidebar/paper

Michael when I try to change the base skins on FM18, they don't show up, could it be because the link for Base skins for FMT18 lead to base skins for FM17, cos when I upload them my skins folder for FM18 looks like this5a2f9197bf678_ScreenShot2017-12-12at4_18_36PM.thumb.png.535b246e0a37253206630635462a59c5.png

Yeah I fixed it by navigating around your site and finding the right link to the FM18 touch skins

2 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Michael when I try to change the base skins on FM18, they don't show up, could it be because the link for Base skins for FMT18 lead to base skins for FM17, cos when I upload them my skins folder for FM18 looks like this5a2f9197bf678_ScreenShot2017-12-12at4_18_36PM.thumb.png.535b246e0a37253206630635462a59c5.png

Yeah I fixed it by navigating around your site and finding the right link to the FM18 touch skins

Yeah should have 18 in the file names for FM18, looks like I left in the old link (always seem to miss one every year :() fixed it now.

29 minutes ago, <<Macaco-RJ88>> said:

Hi guys

Which xml files are used for pressroom, tunnel  and match preview background??

They're not controlled by xml files the game displays the image files called 'dressing room' for the team talk screens, 'tunnel' for the tunnel and 'default' for the preview backgrounds - if you want to replace them you just need to place image files with those names in the graphics\backgrounds folder for the skin you are using.

Archived