Make South America Great Again!

dafuge

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2032

Five consecutive Copa Libertadores final defeats was becoming a bit of a joke, surely this would be the year we ended it?

League Table - despite the Olympics, we cruised to the title.

Campeonato Carioca - I've no idea how Fluminense were the higher ranked team.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio -  the games got easier as we progressed through the tournament.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - international call-ups made the final a bit of an anti climax, but we had done enough to win.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - finally!

FIFA Club World Cup - we were denied the game against Real Madrid, but it was great to win this one.

Squad - this squad is immense.

Transfers - Pierre wasn't playing well, so I sold him for a better player making a huge profit.

Finances - minted.

Key Player Profiles:

Mariano Rodríguez - at his very best.

Maurício Osmar - had a great season, but might but surplus to requirements.

Miguel Giménez - another amazing player who may be ready to leave.

Alan - our most valuable player.

Rodrigo - the amazing new signing.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             12th         Started job in May
2019       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             1st          Promoted as champions
2020       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Intermedio winners, Playoff finalists
2021       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          n/a          Intermedio finalists, left in October
2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Started job in October
2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Playoff winners
2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Intermedio winners
2024       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             2nd          Copa Libertadores finalists
2025       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             1st          Copa Chile winners
2026       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             1st          Copa Chile, Copa Libertadores and CWC winners
2027       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      2nd          Carioca and Sul-Minas-Rio winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2028       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio winners and Copa Libertadores finalists
2029       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca winners, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa Libertadores finalists
2030       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa do Brasil winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2031       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa do Brasil winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2032       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Copa do Brasil, CWC and Copa Libertadores winners, Carioca finalists
Next Season:

We are two years away from the new stadium being opened, so I'm hoping we can get close to repeating the success of this season. The clean sweep is still in our sights.

2 hours ago, dafuge said:

I've not signed a foreign player since my first season at the club until now:

Yy0XiZH.png

He looks immense for £500k.

What the..... How is it possible that a player with such attributes is worth only 500k£??  Any chance to check it CA/PA? The only thing that comes to my mind about its value is about the reputation.

18 minutes ago, A.Pierfrancesco said:

What the..... How is it possible that a player with such attributes is worth only 500k£??  Any chance to check it CA/PA? The only thing that comes to my mind about its value is about the reputation.

His contract was expiring.

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2033

After ending our ridiculous run of five consecutive Copa Libertadores final defeats, we were keen to repeat our achievements of last season.

League Table - we looked set to complete an unbeaten season, before losing our final game 2-1 despite leading.

Recopa Santander Sudamericana - this was a new competition for me but familiar opposition.

Campeonato Carioca - we failed to make the turn two final, but won the playoff.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio -  this is an odd competition that seems to get easier as it goes on.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - despite a couple of shaky away performances, we lifted the cup.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - we had our usual second leg blip, but the first leg saved us.

FIFA Club World Cup - we finally got to meet a European giant and the game was a thriller.

Squad - the squad is too big for my liking, but it is needed for the international call-ups.

Transfers - just the one signing, but it was a great one.

Finances - we still have loads of money.

Key Player Profiles:

Mariano Rodríguez - top scorer again, but it may be time to replace him.

Rodrigo - this youngster is outstanding.

David Adams - probably our best player.

Rato - our most valuable player.

Ntokozo Vilakazi - the South African had a decent first season.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             12th         Started job in May
2019       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             1st          Promoted as champions
2020       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Intermedio winners, Playoff finalists
2021       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          n/a          Intermedio finalists, left in October
2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Started job in October
2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Playoff winners
2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Intermedio winners
2024       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             2nd          Copa Libertadores finalists
2025       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             1st          Copa Chile winners
2026       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             1st          Copa Chile, Copa Libertadores and CWC winners
2027       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      2nd          Carioca and Sul-Minas-Rio winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2028       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio winners and Copa Libertadores finalists
2029       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca winners, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa Libertadores finalists
2030       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa do Brasil winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2031       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa do Brasil winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2032       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Copa do Brasil, CWC and Copa Libertadores winners, Carioca finalists
2033       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC and Copa Libertadores winners
Next Season:

We should be moving into our new stadium soon, so hopefully we can make it a great first year in the new ground. It would be some achievement to repeat this season's clean sweep.

3 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

Dafuge, I see that you loaded all playable nations from South America. In all your saves; do you always load all nations that you find interesting, or do you add and remove nations too to play in too?

I tend to stick with the ones I loaded at the start, which are usually just the ones I think I'm likely to manage in.

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2034

Last season we did the magnificent seven, which was a perfect way to open up our new stadium.

League Table - once again, we missed out on the unbeaten season with a late defeat.

Recopa Santander Sudamericana - we made easy work of our rivals.

Campeonato Carioca - a perfect set of wins, including a 10-0.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - not quite perfect, but we managed to scrape through the final despite it being our third game in three days.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - we had a shocker in the final first leg, but made up for it in the second.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - I'm hoping this means our final losses are a thing of the past.

FIFA Club World Cup - we got to play Real Madrid, who were amazingly bad.

Squad - I was thankful for the large squad with all the fixture congestion.

Transfers - I let a few great players leave and broke our transfer record.

Finances - the new stadium should help us keep running at a profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Mariano Rodríguez - I was set to sell him if a bid came in, but he was outstanding.

Ntokozo Vilakazi - he will be our main striker one day.

David Adams - brilliant as usual.

Romário - the record signing.

André Luís - this youth product had a great season.

Career Overview:

2033       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2034       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
Next Season:

There are a number of key players getting close to being beyond their best, so a squad rebuild is on the horizon. I'm also hopeful a stadium expansion will be announced soon.

This has got to be the strongest South American side I've ever seen in this forum. 2 consecutive clean sweeps over so many competitions and 5-0 over Real, wow. I've never seen anyone playing in South America win the Ballon d'Or before, neither. Or even come anywhere close to it. Not in real life and not in FM.

This looks fun, but the fixture congestion issue clearly shows why I've never wanted to manage in Brazil at all. I kind of want to do it once, some time, just to say I've done it, but doubt I can deal with that many games.

1 minute ago, noikeee said:

This has got to be the strongest South American side I've ever seen in this forum. 2 consecutive clean sweeps over so many competitions and 5-0 over Real, wow. I've never seen anyone playing in South America win the Ballon d'Or before, neither. Or even come anywhere close to it. Not in real life and not in FM.

This looks fun, but the fixture congestion issue clearly shows why I've never wanted to manage in Brazil at all. I kind of want to do it once, some time, just to say I've done it, but doubt I can deal with that many games.

I wonder if not loading the European leagues has had an impact? I was very surprised how poor they were when we played them.

The fixture congestion was bad, but I preferred that to the number of times I've lost most of my squad to international call-ups.

The number of games is insane, it's a really long season.

8 hours ago, dafuge said:

I wonder if not loading the European leagues has had an impact? I was very surprised how poor they were when we played them.

The fixture congestion was bad, but I preferred that to the number of times I've lost most of my squad to international call-ups.

The number of games is insane, it's a really long season.

I think inactive leagues will have some impact, but not sure just how much of an impact. Things like fitness and morale seem to be... less accurate? Less emulated?

Awesome to see you get over that Libertadores hump and become a dominant South American powerhouse. Love it.

20 hours ago, noikeee said:

mwNCeRH.png

This is the other option, I have at least six league games to play during this time :mad:

I don't think the loaded leagues make much of a difference here, but one other thing. There is such an abundance of top talent in Brazil it's really easy to assemble a world class team. There's a myth going around that playing in Brazil is difficult, while the truth is it's really easy to win trophies, but it can get tedious due to amount of games played. The AI can never exploit so many talented players like a human user can, but very few people actually try it.

7 hours ago, shirajzl said:

I don't think the loaded leagues make much of a difference here, but one other thing. There is such an abundance of top talent in Brazil it's really easy to assemble a world class team. There's a myth going around that playing in Brazil is difficult, while the truth is it's really easy to win trophies, but it can get tedious due to amount of games played. The AI can never exploit so many talented players like a human user can, but very few people actually try it.

I'd definitely agree with all of this.

As well as it being easy to build a great squad, it's surprisingly easy to keep hold of them. I get plenty of interest in my players, but I can't remember the last time I failed to persuade a player to stay.

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2035

For the last two years we had won the lot, could we keep that run going?

League Table - with the unbeaten season out of the question I got to rotate the squad.

Recopa Santander Sudamericana - we battered them in both legs.

Campeonato Carioca - a perfect set of wins.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - not quite perfect, but we turned it on in the final.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - the final was a bit anticlimactic due to international call-ups, but we won it.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - it could have been perfect, but we struggled in the final first leg with players away on international duty.

FIFA Club World Cup - once again we were a class above the Europeans.

Squad - the squad is huge, but that is needed in this league.

Transfers - we made a profit while selling a club legend.

Finances - a massive profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Ntokozo Vilakazi - top scorer from the supporting role, he was outstanding.

Zidane - injury to Rodrigo gave this youngster his chance.

David Adams - he really is amazing.

Rato - the brilliance on the other wing.

Josimar - he was sat in the youth team when I joined the club, I nearly sold him.

Career Overview:

2033       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2034       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2035       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
Next Season:

Next season we get to move back into our expanded stadium, so hopefully we can keep the success up to make the most of the potential attendances.

17 hours ago, dj clark boy said:

wow wish i had the amount game time you have i think longest  ive played on one save is  five years well done

He plays on commentary only, never touching the tactics. It's not that difficult to reach the same amount of seasons. I play on key highlights, never meddle with tactics and seasons go really fast.

19 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

He plays on commentary only, never touching the tactics. It's not that difficult to reach the same amount of seasons. I play on key highlights, never meddle with tactics and seasons go really fast.

I do this and it still takes me about a week to do a season.

Although I can also get a season done in a good weekend :D 

7 hours ago, shirajzl said:

I actually watch the key highlights in 3D, have done for a while now. It's far more interesting to see the 3D stadia when you are moving around clubs and countries.

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2036

Three years in a row we had won the lot, could we keep it going?

League Table - dominant, but still not unbeaten.

Recopa Santander Sudamericana - it was all over after the first leg.

Campeonato Carioca - a perfect set of wins.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - international call-ups ruined our chances in the final.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - once again, we were ruined by international call-ups.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - this was never in doubt.

FIFA Club World Cup - yet again we dominated the European opposition.

Squad - the squad is big, but it has been needed this season.

Transfers - I let a couple of legends go and signed another South African.

Finances - minted.

Key Player Profiles:

Ntokozo Vilakazi - top scorer from the supporting role, he is something special.

Zidane - he's pushed his way into the first team.

Rato - it could be a battle to keep him at the club.

David Adams - he's still a pest, but he's the best.

Christopher Cohen - the new signing.

Career Overview:

2035       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2036       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
Next Season:

It wasn't quite perfect, so we have an obvious aim for next season.

32 minutes ago, MWE said:

Do you think you will change team now at any point in this save?

Almost definitely.

I'm still yet to manage in Peru, Colombia and Argentina on this save so I'd quite like to do that before FM19. 

I was always planning an extended stay in Brazil, it just happened a lot earlier than expected.

Archived