Sports Interactive Community
stevemc

FM18: End of Match "Overview" Screen - Workaround

This is a real disappointment for me, the "overview" end of match screen it was one of my favourite screens in previous FM's, and it seems its been removed for FM18; a simple, nice-looking screen with all the information I needed, plus I used to like the stadium showing through so I could see where I'd just played. I used to screen grab these pages and keep them to look back on for nostalgia too.

FM17:

13zo3va.png

FM18:

2lu5a0w.png

FM18 is an absolute eyesore in comparison, looks like something designed in Microsoft Paint.

So, off the back of this, I'm wondering if;

• Can we create this "overview" screen like previous FM's, with a stadium background picture (not the 3D stadium)?

Or...

• Can we mod this screen to remove the 3D stadium, and replace it with the relevant stadium background picture?

I know this would interested a number of other people too.

Thanks...

Edited by stevemc

For me, it's not just the end of match overview screen, it's also during the match overview screen, as an option instead of 3d. 

As seen in FM17:

image.thumb.png.d3cb1c7c6e103dd603832f8c755d425e.png

Edited by Clausdk

I'm hoping Michael Murray may have a possible answer, I'm happy to get involved and try to come up with a solution, if its possible - unless SI can put this screen back in?

The coding for the left part of the overview screen (bit with the badges) is still in the game (got it displaying on the IBH panel) so it should hopefully be possible to edit this screen to get something similar to what we used to have - though looks like they are two different screens you have the one at the end of the match (looks to be controlled by 'match full time review panel') and one when revisiting a match ('match in between highlights panel review') - second one should be editable (hopefully) just like the IBH panel is and hopefully the first one will take the same code.

Though I won't be able to have a full look until next week - Base Skins and IBH panels are first on my list, though hopefully can just reuse the IBH code - though I have to recreate the match files as some of the coding has changed so you cannot just transfer over last years files.

Should also be able to add the left panel back as a widget, however you can only pin one part of the screen at a time so won't be able to recreate the full splitview during a match. (No way to get highlight in panel and then to switch to content when no highlight).

Would be great if you find a solution next week Michael, would getting the relevant stadium picture to show through from the background also be possible then?

We also discussed this split match panel last year:

Edited by stevemc

Looking forward to next week then, I've absolutely no idea why'd they change the post-match screen design, the previous one was much more informative.

I just don't understand on what planet a designer would think this is a better design than last year?

• Why remove "overview"?

• Why condense all the information into a smaller panel on the right?

• Why give me 5 statistics when in FM17 I could see 14 statistics? (because you've put it in a smaller panel!!)

• And therefore leave awkward empty space to the left?

• Why would I want the 3D stadium shown off in the background, which looks nothing like its real life counterpart? (let me put a background there).

• Compared to FM17, the team names and logo's are smaller too, why?

None of it makes any sense, its a major step backwards. On the surface to me, it's like its been designed by a UX designer, not a UI/visual designer. The user doesn't want to click on more tabs to see the same information they could have read in one screen in FM17.

izwdmt.jpg

Edited by stevemc

12 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The coding for the left part of the overview screen (bit with the badges) is still in the game (got it displaying on the IBH panel) so it should hopefully be possible to edit this screen to get something similar to what we used to have - though looks like they are two different screens you have the one at the end of the match (looks to be controlled by 'match full time review panel') and one when revisiting a match ('match in between highlights panel review') - second one should be editable (hopefully) just like the IBH panel is and hopefully the first one will take the same code.

Though I won't be able to have a full look until next week - Base Skins and IBH panels are first on my list, though hopefully can just reuse the IBH code - though I have to recreate the match files as some of the coding has changed so you cannot just transfer over last years files.

Should also be able to add the left panel back as a widget, however you can only pin one part of the screen at a time so won't be able to recreate the full splitview during a match. (No way to get highlight in panel and then to switch to content when no highlight).

Not sure if this helps you but when you click on the "review and share highlight video" button at full time, then stadium background actually starts to appear in the background:

10qksg2.png

24yo1u0.png

You can see the stadium background picture on the left and right - so surely there must be a way of disabling the 3D stadium.

Edited by stevemc

My hopes on the masters of skinning.

Couldn't agree more with the initial post. Really hope something can be done here.

6 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Critiques would probably be better placed in the bugs forum (if you want to effect change).

It's not technically a bug though, they've removed the "overview" screen with no reasoning, and left it with a less informative "review" screen.

The skinning section here is brilliant, so hopefully this is something we can sort (but we shouldn't really have to!).

Edited by stevemc

3 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Bugs/feedback forums, I'm sure there's somewhere more appropriate. 

I've already posted it in the feedback thread :thup:

38 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

There is a new User Interface Suggestions subform in the bugs forum that would be the best place to post skinning related suggestions:

https://community.sigames.com/forum/586-user-interface-feedbacksuggestions/

Thanks, I've posted feedback in there also now.

Hopefully we'll work a fix out in the meantime as I don't see SI bringing this back (It's like manager photo's being removed!).

Edited by stevemc

I know I posted this in another thread, but its relative to this:

----

This is only a very rough comp (from your screenshots) I knocked up in Photoshop, but you get the idea.

So it's only my personal preference, but if you could achieve something like this, but with the home team's stadium picture showing through from the background, I'd be delighted:

2heimx4.jpg

It would be very similar to the FM17 overview screen from FM17, with no duplication of kits/badges (both are shown once), then its got everything else you need on the screen for me, team names, stats, weather, attendance, referee etc - with the home teams stadium picture showing through for some more immersion (instead of the 2D/3D pitch). :thup:

I really hope they are considering this, if it is at all possible, in the next patch. I do not like the new match day screen, during or after.

Me too, I've still had no response from SI in the feedback thread, or within the UI feedback section...

Some things they done rly good this year, but lot of  little bugs and unfinished projects.

Still.. its enough to enjoy it =p

A quick preview of a WIP Review screen (one when you go back to a match rather than the one at the end of a match):

review.thumb.jpg.6d8f7b3d522336ecf561c717c3151bca.jpg

Still playing around with it but like the modded IBH panel you can select different views (mainly based on my IBH views but with some removed) and resize the panels on the fly, and have left the right hand vertical panels resizeable at the moment as it doesn't really matter if this screen doesn't fully remember the positioning.

And whilst I am messing around with it is there anything anyone wants to see on this page?

I'd just like to see an overview like this, but with background pictures showing thru:

2heimx4.jpg

@michaeltmurrayuk Would those panels be set by your code on the review screen, or are they customisable too (like your in-match add on)?

Edited by stevemc

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

A quick preview of a WIP Review screen (one when you go back to a match rather than the one at the end of a match):

Still playing around with it but like the modded IBH panel you can select different views (mainly based on my IBH views but with some removed) and resize the panels on the fly, and have left the right hand vertical panels resizeable at the moment as it doesn't really matter if this screen doesn't fully remember the positioning.

And whilst I am messing around with it is there anything anyone wants to see on this page?

It's perfect for me ;) 

3 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Looking great!

On 17/11/2017 at 11:13, michaeltmurrayuk said:

This looks far better than the default FM18 one. Far more useful information on one screen than is currently provided. 

Keep up the good work :thup:

On 17/11/2017 at 11:13, michaeltmurrayuk said:

This is exactly what my dad & I want to see after a game.  SI really screwed the pooch on the UI in FM18, thankfully there's talented folks like you to fix the issues or just show SI what they should have done.  We both run paper stats for things like Assists, Goals, suspensions etc and hate having to click links, change pages and generally have to forage for basic information, your preview fits the bill nicely.

Quick Preview of a quick mess around with the Half-Time Review Panel:

5a12e0b61129b_mid-matchpreview.thumb.jpg.8b3f672d427aa8f7a7bfdca8901e205b.jpg

Again reusing the IBH panels (but have cut out some as you'll be going to the team-talk screen so it doesn't need all the info) and have made both the left and right panels selectable, haven't touched the middle panel yet.

Is there anything anyone particularly wants on this panel as it's new for FM18 so don't have anything to base it on.

Haven't got to the Full-Time Review panel yet but will likely try and get something like this from FM17 but with adding some of my IBH panels;

fulltime17.thumb.jpg.cb1669e186557172872af2ee617cf7af.jpg

And if nothing goes wrong will likely release these as one mod next weekend.

HT screen looks great, but is there no way to get the stadium background showing through on those HT screens too?

On the full time review tab, can you just have these two panels, like in FM17?

2hxr8k0.png

This is what it looked like in FM17:

2vv0wzq.png

@michaeltmurrayuk

Edited by stevemc

They'll show if you use the background mod, I just revert to the default files when building mods so there is less stuff to interfere whilst I build them. (Though they should play together on release unless otherwise stated).

4 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

They'll show if you use the background mod, I just revert to the default files when building mods so there is less stuff to interfere whilst I build them. (Though they should play together on release unless otherwise stated).

Great, looking forward to this release, great work!

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Again reusing the IBH panels (but have cut out some as you'll be going to the team-talk screen so it doesn't need all the info) and have made both the left and right panels selectable, haven't touched the middle panel yet.

Is there anything anyone particularly wants on this panel as it's new for FM18 so don't have anything to base it on.

Haven't got to the Full-Time Review panel yet but will likely try and get something like this from FM17 but with adding some of my IBH panels;

fulltime17.thumb.jpg.cb1669e186557172872af2ee617cf7af.jpg

And if nothing goes wrong will likely release these as one mod next weekend.

ad Half-Time Panel - maybe reduce the size of Analysis panel and make bigger Match Stats panel and include more stats? But it's not necessary... looking forward to it, will gladly include it in my skin...

9 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

which panel is this mate? Had a quick search but I can't find anything for halft time

@bluestillidie00 should be 'match mid match review panel' for the half time panel, then 'match full time review panel' for the full time panel and 'match in between highlights panel review' for the post match one (one you get when going back to a match) all found in the panels/match folder.