Sports Interactive Community
knap

FM18 GOODBYE 343 Knap

In responsibilities you take charge of OIs but don't use any. For testing you use no match plan for instant result. No idea what happens with Match Plans.

Switched back to Goodbye for my Napoli save, going well so far, only thing that bugs me is the amount of goals conceded from crosses.. has anyone figured out a remedy for this or is it the simply the sacrifice you have to make with this formation?

I assume from overlap so 2 against 1, easy cross goal. It may be possible to pick up FB by outside AF by way of specific man marking OI.  

1 hour ago, knap said:

I assume from overlap so 2 against 1, easy cross goal. It may be possible to pick up FB by outside AF by way of specific man marking OI.  

Tried that but we lost our attacking prowess, I also changed the WB's to only close down "sometimes"  but it didn't help too much

I'm not worrying yet as results are still good and 2 league title wins in a row is good enough for me, I do want that Champions league glory though

If just closing out a game it is probably better to switch formation, or at least use  2IFs

Last time I played Spurs I used WOF 3421, Spurs squad does not fit 343 or 433 that well so depends if buying at start of season.

On 21/01/2018 at 18:16, potbellypigs said:

This is some tactic.

1st season with Solihull and was doing ok but sitting 12th using other tactics after about 15 games. Found this one and shot up the league, winning it. League 2, finished with 112 points and 133 goals scored. 

Finished 2nd in League One and then won Championship. Only 4 games into PL, won 2, lost 2. Having trouble to attract players to a team which is only rated 2.5 stars for reputation but that's another thing. Fantastic tactic.

Knap, been using super underdog in the premier league. Wonder which is best to use for underdog and how to stop conceding? Defenders seem doing nothing against crossing

I've tried to avoid strikerless after last year.

With  a narrow 343 s it is difficult to lock down a wing, so Anchor Volante 442 may be better.

Hi Knap! Can you upload the tactic that you'd recommend using with Tottenham? I'm crap at searching and can't seem to pinpoint the recommended version. Cheers

This years game is driving me absolutely mental!

Used the latest VOL 5 with Spurs default squad, only signings were youth/reserve players, won league with 90 points and champions league.

2nd season bought Dybala and Icardi to go up top with Kane and am just getting the most random results! One minute beating Inter 7-1 in champions league, Man U 5-2 in league cup, then lose 2-1 away to Middlesborough!

On 6-2-2018 at 14:49, christrott79 said:

This years game is driving me absolutely mental!

Used the latest VOL 5 with Spurs default squad, only signings were youth/reserve players, won league with 90 points and champions league.

2nd season bought Dybala and Icardi to go up top with Kane and am just getting the most random results! One minute beating Inter 7-1 in champions league, Man U 5-2 in league cup, then lose 2-1 away to Middlesborough!

I have the same problem. With NEC Nijmegen i thrashed Fenerbahce in the Europa League with 8-1 and after that game i lost with 2-1 away at Sparta Rotterdam. Besides that it is a great tactic.

Edited by mlvanginkel

After buying FM18 a while back, i didn't get into it, with all the new added features seemed a lot more to do lol, but i want to give it a shot again since its been out a while now, Am guessing the 343 tacs are the go to still, ill be a underdog team so was thinking this 343 goodbye vol6 (since its updated) or the strikerless Argus

Try FMT as a lot like the old FM before the bloat.

Volante Ancor Argus 343 or 3430. 

Longshot, is there a tactic similar to !FM118GOODBYEKnap343P101.fmf and how that played for the latest update.

I used to use it as my underdog tactic in the Champions League against stronger opponents and it worked wonders.

Not sure if it was the DLF's or what?

Edited by hm86

hey knap, loved your stuff in FM17.

im thinking about starting a new long-term Liverpool save but can't really decide on "the" tactic - of all the stuff you have here, what would your recommendation be for a good home/away combo that ticks Liverpool's in-game "play in this style" boxes (attacking, possession)?

Use this tactic , thats all I can say. Maybe Argus 3-4-3 for difficult away games.

Media prediction this year is of course 20

Skärmbild (8).png

Skärmbild (9).png

Skärmbild (10).png

What tactic do you suggest for Lyon using wingers?

Edited by Ninza

MIDSOMER 442 choice of 2 BLUE MATTER 433 WM VOLANTE 442 (Anchor most defensive), GOODYBE BARCELONA 4231, RAMBLE ON Asymmetric

Hello knap, what do you think is best of your tactics for Barcelona? I know is a top team, but I still havent found anyone who like me a lot this year in FM. Thanks a lot for your job in the game.

It depends on how you want to play. WOF 2323 P104 is a very high scoring tactic PILGRIMAGE P105 or BLUE MATTER P107 are 343s that can work for top clubs. BLUE MATTER 433 can be a good formation for top clubs. MIDSOMER P103 is a traditional flat 442.

You can mix the tactics and use WOF Home and PILGRIMAGE Away or difficult games.

The reason for a few 343s (GOODBYE PILGRIMAGE WOF ASH ARGUS) is to test the impact of Shape on a tactics performance.

hace 1 hora, knap dijo:

The reason for a few 343s (GOODBYE PILGRIMAGE WOF ASH ARGUS) is to test the impact of Shape on a tactics performance.

Thanks a lot knap, Im palying with your 343 tactics, actually with BLUE MATTER

VOL 6 probably has the edge over previous versions but different roles from earlier versions.

20 minutes ago, knap said:

P108 tactic with Attacking corner change

FM18.3.4GOODBYE343P108.fmf

1686181564_Screenshot(464).thumb.png.089efdc3f760d8da0cd87d91ec5d798a.png

I've used one of your tactics in FM 2017 and it was great, but I see that you are testing FM 2018 tactics in FM Touch, does that mean that tactic will work only in FMT? I'm asking because I don't know how different is match engine between versions

None as PC Version - there is just no team talks or tactic familiarity to provide variables.

Hi Knap! What of your 4-2-3-1 tactics would you say is best for top teams? and the best one for a underdog team? :)

Thinking about starting two different saves, and haven't really tested that formation this year :)

Obs sorry, wrote in the wrong post, hope it's okay anyway :)

Edited by MegaAlbin_88

On 15/09/2018 at 20:04, knap said:

Knap, would you make DCB version of this tactic? Do you think it would be good for underdogs(I'm playing as Chelmsford manager and the current version was very good till Premiership, first season)? Do you think it would be good WB to stay wilder, as I find them not marking properly opposition's W/WB?

I have done a GOODBYE DCB.

¬!FM18.3.4GOODBYE343DCBCHP100.fmf

With an underdog I still believe the original tactics are better, DCBs may be good in specific circumstances.

I would currently recommend

ARGUS FM 18.2.2 P102

GOODBYE P108

MMVOLANTE BBM

ASH FM FM 18.2.2 P103

PILGRIMAGE P108

I played a few games with Chelmsford the other night and must have missed they had a wide pitch as it makes 3 at back awkward.

Edited by knap