Sports Interactive Community
jeydee

The game crashes after making a new career game

Yeah it's an issue we're aware of related specifically to Sweden and it's one we'll look to address as soon as we can. Apologies you've encountered it with the game. 

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah it's an issue we're aware of related specifically to Sweden and it's one we'll look to address as soon as we can. Apologies you've encountered it with the game. 

Will it help if i change the game language ?

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

What about Russia? :) 

My problem is in russian version of game

2 minutes ago, SinX said:

Will it help if i change the game language ?

Sorry I wasn't clear there - apologies! It's when loading the Swedish League in game you encounter the issue. 

If you're not loading Sweden at all and are still having an issue, please create your OWN thread describing your issue as it'll likely be different.

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Sorry I wasn't clear there - apologies! It's when loading the Swedish League in game you encounter the issue. 

If you're not loading Sweden at all and are still having an issue, please create your OWN thread describing your issue as it'll likely be different.

Thanks. 

There is no problem to load the swedish league. The problem happens when you try to takeover a swedish club. I was able to start as unemployed, but as soon i tried to become a manager of an Swedish club, the game crashed. 

Yeah that's the issue correct - as said it's something we're looking into and will look to address as soon as possible. Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, jeydee said:

The problem exists whatever team or league I choose

Okay your issue seems to be different then - are you running any custom database edits per chance? 

18 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay your issue seems to be different then - are you running any custom database edits per chance? 

No, i'm running default database just after install game

46 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah that's the issue correct - as said it's something we're looking into and will look to address as soon as possible. Thanks. 

Can you say when? 1h? 2h? 24h?

If you need more info.

After the first trying to start a game i see dialog window "can't connect to DB". Then the second trying goes better and i can choose the team, available leagues and date of start. But when the career is existing i see another window "Fatal error" and game is crashing.

Screens are in attach.

crash-1.png

crash-2.png

Okay sounds like the game isn't installing properly so the database is corrupted. This can sometimes happen when an anti-virus program conflicts with Steam and FM.

There's instructions on how to deal with this below. I would suggest the latter option of an uninstall then FM uninstall/reinstall. Let us know how you get on:

2 hours ago, Johan Larsson said:

Can you say when? 1h? 2h? 24h?

I've afraid I can't give an exact time as any fix needs testing before we can put it live. But yes, hopefully it'll be before the weekend if at all possible.

Thanks. 

Actually I've solved a problem but another way:)

I reinstalled a game on different SSD and there're no any issuses now.

Thank you for help!

Glad to hear it thanks for letting us know.

In regards to anyone in this thread with an issue starting a game in Sweden, we've released a hotfix to address this now:

Thanks.