Sports Interactive Community
eupheus

System seems to run hotter

I'm too having performance issues even in the menus which fluctuates from time to time. I have SpeedFan installed and compared to FM17, on FM18 my laptop overheats up to at least 20 degrees more at close to 90 degrees. A big part of it could be that since there was a setting on FM17 where we could change the rendering mode, I had it on software, so it made things faster. I'd like to know what has happened to that setting or feature and why it was removed or yet to be implemented.

I'm using Avast antivirus and have never had performance issues to this extent. I've attached my dxdiag but if the problem is with my laptop, I find it unacceptable as FM was never a program that required top end processing or graphics and it should never, especially since at the end of the day, it is solely a simulation program. And if there's nothing I can do to improve it then I'd be very disappointed. 

DxDiag.txt

Edited by eupheus

3 hours ago, eupheus said:

I'm too having performance issues even in the menus which fluctuates from time to time. I have SpeedFan installed and compared to FM17, on FM18 my laptop overheats up to at least 20 degrees more at close to 90 degrees. A big part of it could be that since there was a setting on FM17 where we could change the rendering mode, I had it on software, so it made things faster. I'd like to know what has happened to that setting or feature and why it was removed or yet to be implemented.

I'm using Avast antivirus and have never had performance issues to this extent. I've attached my dxdiag but if the problem is with my laptop, I find it unacceptable as FM was never a program that required top end processing or graphics and it should never, especially since at the end of the day, it is solely a simulation program. And if there's nothing I can do to improve it then I'd be very disappointed. 

DxDiag.txt

Would suggest lowering the graphics quality within the in-game preferences. Realistically FM is more demanding than people realise as the game has to make an insane amount of calculations whilst processing. With each version the demands it places on systems increase, as with any newer game. I'm afraid software rendering had to be removed as it was holding back progression of the game. 

The system itself isn't overheating as if it did, it would shut down. It is being pushed harder by the game, but they are designed to run at temperatures around 90 degrees when working hard.  

On 11/10/2017 at 20:49, Neil Brock said:

Would suggest lowering the graphics quality within the in-game preferences. Realistically FM is more demanding than people realise as the game has to make an insane amount of calculations whilst processing. With each version the demands it places on systems increase, as with any newer game. I'm afraid software rendering had to be removed as it was holding back progression of the game. 

The system itself isn't overheating as if it did, it would shut down. It is being pushed harder by the game, but they are designed to run at temperatures around 90 degrees when working hard.  

Greatly appreciate the suggestion, Neil. Haven't been able to play much and yet to try it in the afternoon when the weather is scorching here but early signs show that it's improved. I had to reduce the render quality to very low and all other graphic settings to the lowest possible, which has resulted in a decrease in temperature by around 10 degrees although with the odd spike every now and then back up to the 85-90 degrees region.

I'm, however, curious in the underlying cause of menu lag, especially when viewing squad or tactics. Many people with much better processors, much higher RAM or amazing graphics cards all seem to have the same problem. 

On screens which contain a lot of information like the Tactics screen and Player Search it may take a tiny bit longer than others.