FM18 BLUE MATTER Knap 433

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you check Cleon's 4231 then perhaps Qzil would be best MC Playmaker. Qzil or Eriksen can play that role. To maximise SI's interpretation then Matic/Busquets may be a better fit.

The logic would be to retrain to SI roles as this should maximise role advantage.

So some early feedback on this tactic.  I was using a tactic from last year to start the fixtures.  As you can see, early season struggles.  I tried your Volonte 442 tactic starting with Bournemouth but wasn't happy with the development.  It did, however, work in the Cup against Southampton.

Then I came across the 433 thread and I'd had some success with the 433 in prior saves in FM18.  First match using the 433 you have in this thread was the stunner against Chelsea.  We were 18th in the table at that time.  Swansea was 19th when we played them.  West Brom was 14th and Wolves 9th.  We've now moved up to 9th in the table and riding a four match win streak in the Premier.  We barely avoided relegation last season, beating Swansea on the final day of the season.  So a win streak is unheard of, let alone a four match streak in the Premier.  Hopefully I can report good news come end of the season but wanted to give a quick update since I've had great success, including a win over Chelsea who is 4th in the table  and were also 4th when we played.  I'm especially pleased as this was the day of the match with Chelsea I downloaded the tactic(s).  I can only see it getting better with familiarity.

FM18 Leeds.png

Hi Knap! Will it effect the tactic if I set 'Ease Off Tackles' for those who pick up a yellow? Also, what position should be sacrificed if I have a player sent off? Finally, would you be willing to upload your best Blue Matter SUS for those of us that are crud at making alterations? Thanks

Should be fine to use ease off during a game. Probably central fwd, sometimes I prefer AMC FWD Combo.

I can upload a SUS, however, it will still be worth playing around with the instructions to establish your level of risk and control.

VOL2's working great for me now the team's become fluid with it, athough i'm finding that i'm conceeding more goals with VOL2 than VOL1 - should i just try VOL3? (assuming the latest version is generally the 'best' one)

Also i've continued to use GOODBYE VOL2 for away games and i'm getting more draws than i'd like - do you have a 'better performing' 343 formation tactic at the moment?

Thanks, love your work

What's the best 4231 formation around at the moment?  Also, does anyone always seem to concede on the counter with simple crosses to unmarked people on the back post? I swear 99% of the goals I concede happen this way

Been using vol 2 since start of my career. Promoted 2nd season to Belgian top flight. Nothing was expected , but became champions the first season in :) this season I'm getting destroyed in Champions League but my "b-team" is keeping me on top of the Belgian league. So, I guess I only need a underdog tactic that might work against the giants in the Champions League.

2 hours ago, knap said:

For underdogs GOODBYE 343 

Ok, I'll try that next season for Champions League (unless we only qualify for Europa League). While we're not the strongest team in Belgium, there is hardly any team that can win from us, especially if I play with my A-team :)

Knap, it seems that 3 front AF / P / AF combo works best with all 3 variations of tactics (GOODBYE, WOF, BM).

The IWBs in this tactic fill up the gap, left behind CM-at. If there were BBMs instead of CM-at, than you could use WB-su.

Another option would be 2 attcking MEZZALA's (with IWB-at) as they tend to go wide.

48 minutes ago, Chief Scout said:

Knap, it seems that 3 front AF / P / AF combo works best with all 3 variations of tactics (GOODBYE, WOF, BM).

The IWBs in this tactic fill up the gap, left behind CM-at. If there were BBMs instead of CM-at, than you could use WB-su.

Another option would be 2 attcking MEZZALA's (with IWB-at) as they tend to go wide.

He originally had the two Mezzala's.

Hi knap.

I have been lurking the forums for some time and i am glad that i have found your tactics. I appreciate your hard work making all of these tactics. Keep it up as this makes my FM experience extremly enjoyable.

I use to take over a big club when starting with the beta every year. this year i have been playing with barca and normally i only play one season and after that i turn to lower leagues. Bit this year with your tactics i just havent been able to stop playing with barca.

For the fourth season i did a couple of small tweaks  to vol 4 of this tactic and it has absolutley destroyed the game. I mean i thought the game was destoryed last season when i was playing with FM18.2 WOF 2233 Knap. But the results i am having this season is crazy. Yes i know its barca but still... I will try this setup with a weaker team. As you can see from the screen shot i did only change the positions and roles of the midfilders nothing else. Let me know what you think. Suits this team really well, IMO.

image.thumb.png.cf846f407a73740b3781771b1e6a1485.png

I used BLUE MATTER 433 1st season with Barca in FM 17 and scored 177 goals in 38 games, so set up does suit them. 

I like the idea of an AM even if just a to team tactic.

Archived