FM18 BLUE MATTER Knap 433

Ive been a bit lucky away against the big teams this season and looking for a good away tactic. tried goodbye 3-4-2-1 but didnt work at all. SUS tactic i just used blue matter but used contain, highly structured and changed wingback to defend and mezzalas to BB mid and rpm mid.. but away against bigger teams and a better SUS tac is whats needed i think. next season in CL will be harder

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Augustin1979 said:

I'm using "run wide with ball" on the left/right strikers and it seems to be giving me more goals. Anyone else tried the same, if so; how's it working for you?

Ok, interesting! Maybe something to try my second season w arsenal ! Do u use bluematter home and away ?

Just now, jersve said:

Ok, interesting! Maybe something to try my second season w arsenal ! Do u use bluematter home and away ?

Yes. But I would like an away tactic for the really hard away games. Don't like to have an away tactic with a completely different setup (3 DC for example) Would need a possible away tactic that is somewhat similar to the Bluematter tac.

Hey there @knap
I'm going to start a career with Newcastle Jets in A-League (Media Prediction: Last) running your 433 Blue Matter at home & 343 Goodbye away, i'll let you know how i go - 

One question though - say i'm using BM and i want to hold a lead; is there a ideal change to the tactic i should do or would switching to GB do the trick? I've already read that for GB i should change to WB's to Defend 

Also have you found any bogey formations for BM or GB that i shouldn't use them against? 

I would not use AM OIs and would not recommend using them. I have tested with AM OIs in the past but even if the results were good (they were not) how would you know your AM will set them up the same as the AM I use.

I put the pts total from test in tactic, so P103 was better when testing with Arsenal.

Can use GOODBYE 343 or FM 17 GOODBYE 3430 for difficult games.

Another option are SUS tactics as above,

Been using this tactic with Juve and it worked really good. There's one issue though - A LOT of yellow and red cards. Could you perhaps explain the reasoning behind "get stuck in" tackling setting? Is it really necessary?

Take care.

These are still FM17 tweaked and get stuck in was helpful. Again tested with in on in FM 18

Is it a manageable problem? -Can reduce tackling on player by player basis during game help. Can a SUS tactic help when down  to 10.

If you are say winning 2-0 at half time then take get stuck in off and monitor 2nd half.

WOF has been used without it so it is possible not needed in FM 18.

Ok, this tactic is absolutely INSANE. Just INSANE.

It's so good I went to the effort of setting up an account to tell you how crazy this tactic is. I started off with Hull City, signed a bunch of wonderkids(Moise Kean, Max Romero etc) Adopted this 433 BlueMatter. Destroyed the championship by 30points smashing all records. All forwards got 8.00+ average rating. £1m Ecudorian striker averaged 8.28 and went to £11m in value within 9months. 

Anyways, the wonderkids stats went through the roof due to the high ratings, went straight into the Premiership with Mid Table min expectation such was the destruction this tactic laid waste to all comers. Won the Premiership at the first time of asking. Only lost 1 game all season with Hull City!! Got knocked out in the cups however.

Currently in 3rd season, i'm in March and only lost 1 game to Barca away 1-2. 

This tactic is quite possibly the best tactic i've ever seen. I had Moise Kean, Dolberg and Divock Origi all averaged 8.00+ in the title-winning season. Origi was absolutely phenomenal.  If you find the right complete forwards, this tactic is just madness. I signed Arthur, Sander Berge, Savic as the midfield trio, they all absolute destroy everybody. If you find the right 3-3's this tactic just owns. 

Just playing Roma in the CL QF and beat them 9-0 away with this lol.

It's so good I feel dirty using it!

Origi - Kean - Dolberg

Arthur - Wilshere - Savic

Tymon Sarr Dossena Meunier

Mannnion

The beauty of this tactic is that you can blood youngsters at lower level so their stats go through the roof really quickly(Kean is worth 66m in my 3rd season, Origi(£62m!!). Wilshere I got on a free and then Man Utd signed him for £55m from me after I won the title.

I re-inviested and bought Dele Alli, Sold Meunier for 50m(got Vrsajlko whos even better for 14m) reinvested and got Dybala for my 3rd season. It allows you to get cheap/frees and re-sell them and invest in 2-3 world superstars. Dybala didnt want to come because he didn't believe the squad was good enough but once Alli signed and I promised him the earth he managed to come for £114m. 

3rd season, only lost 1 game in the CL and it's April. Title wrapped up, champs league semis, league cup won and i'm in the Semis of the FA Cup. Quadruple is on! and an invincibles season is on the cards too.

It seems if you can get CF on Support who can cross the ball, everyone scores for fun. That front line is all 6ft + and they can all cross reasonable well, it seems to make their average rating go insane. 

Ross Kemp on Ganks, your results are very good even with good tactics, BPL league is very difficult,  congratulations for your victories with hull city you dont start with big team.

I have some questions :

You play everything yourself or instant result ?

Do you use any OI for improve your team ?

Same tactics for Away and Home some tweaks ?

thanks for your answers and great job Knap.

(Diaz1977 if you can give your tips too, because 109 goal and 12 conceded its very nice)

14 minutes ago, scottnmcleod said:

If I were to use two wingers instead of the complete forwards would it still work and what player role would you recommend for them? I dont currently have the players to play 3 strikers but have a couple of very good wingers.

The whole purpose of the 3 strikers is to overload the box and create a match engine exploit. Don't think it can be done with wingers.  Hope i'm wrong. 

This might just save my "Road to become Liverpool-manager"-save.  (Lowest manager skills, no education, no club. From Forest Green, to Luton and now Brighton)

The yellow line marks where I became Brighton-manager, and started with this promising tactic.
I must also add: 
- I got a red card in the Arsenal-game.
- This is done with a weak/average PL-team, and also with minimum one striker that is only "competent" as a striker. 
- I think the two strikers on the side is what make or break this tactic - as mentioned above I think "crossing" might be very important (even though my side strikers only have 11 and 12 in crossing). In these 3 matches I saw plenty of crossing from those two strikers.

5a13c6512c19f_BrightonandHoveAlbion_SeniorFixtures-2.thumb.png.e828da4dd4ea81fd358d14a881d8f152.png

Edit: The next match, against Bournemouth, ended 5-1. Loads and loads of chances, and the tactic is not even fluid! 

Won the Quadruple in 3rd season with this tactic. Lost 2 games all season, Barca away 1-2 in CL Group Stage and Man Utd away 2 games before the end of the season :( no invincibles but i'll try again this year.

You play everything yourself or instant result ? Everything mostly. Sometimes I holiday the easy games and stick 'Use Current Match Tactics' 'Use Current Team Selection'

Do you use any OI for improve your team ?  Auto

Same tactics for Away and Home some tweaks ? I rotate occasionally, my theory is it keeps the AI from thinking your going to use the 4-3-3 all the time. I alternate maybe 20-30% games to a 4-2-3-1 as well. Its solid

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

10 hours ago, mantorras77 said:

The whole purpose of the 3 strikers is to overload the box and create a match engine exploit. Don't think it can be done with wingers.  Hope i'm wrong. 

The only thing that i've found that comes even close is 2 trequartista.  The nature means though they do nothing defensively and can sometimes be isolated if they drift wide.

When it works it's sensational though - just running a test again now and my right trequartista has 4 goals in 25 mins.

7 minutes ago, macca72 said:

The only thing that i've found that comes even close is 2 trequartista.  The nature means though they do nothing defensively and can sometimes be isolated if they drift wide.

Im using 2 attacking inside forwards with the "Roam from positions" PI. Works really good for my Arsenal Team

11 minutes ago, Giraffin said:

Im using 2 attacking inside forwards with the "Roam from positions" PI. Works really good for my Arsenal Team

Nice. I have mine with "sit narrower" too - to keep them as close to the AF as possible

Archived