Sports Interactive Community
calvin

What happened to the 'good player and team guide' forum

Hi,

I (and several others I'm sure) noticed the absence of this years' activity in the 'good player & team' forum. 

Used to visit this quite a lot and was impressed by the threads people made (and still do) about players, teams etc.

Sad to see there's now no more sticky about who creates what etc. Makes this part of the forum quite a mess. Sure there's plenty more important things to do now with the release than address this 'problem' but when possible, might be nice to see some mods picking things up again over there!

thanks!

The community moved elsewhere for a number of reasons. 

Its not surprising given how little SI seem to care about the community and their reluctance to engage with it. 

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

They used to engage a lot more, but are you really surprised given the toxic attitude towards developers across the board now?

6 minutes ago, forameuss said:

They used to engage a lot more, but are you really surprised given the toxic attitude towards developers across the board now?

The board as a whole has a bad rep though , it's half the reason people flocked to fansites. Funnily enough I saw you and Dave being mentioned on Twitter on the run up to the beta release. 

I was actually more referring to the incredible content creators the community has.  SI never seem that interested in trying to drive some of that content here ( even through community spotlights or even trying to get prominent streamers / Youtubers to maybe run featured  challenges or saves etc).

Even the best skinners - why not engage them and either ship fan favourite skins in the box or provide them with the tools to have their work ready for release ? So much of what makes FM great is the community content ( skins/facepacks/ modded balls and misc graphics / custom dbs and competitions , featured challenges and a 100 other little things.

2 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

The board as a whole has a bad rep though , it's half the reason people flocked to fansites. Funnily enough I saw you and Dave being mentioned on Twitter on the run up to the beta release. 

I was actually more referring to the incredible content creators the community has.  SI never seem that interested in trying to drive some of that content here ( even through community spotlights or even trying to get prominent streamers / Youtubers to maybe run featured  challenges or saves etc).

Even the best skinners - why not engage them and either ship fan favourite skins in the box or provide them with the tools to have their work ready for release ? So much of what makes FM great is the community content ( skins/facepacks/ modded balls and misc graphics / custom dbs and competitions , featured challenges and a 100 other little things.

I got mentioned on Twitter?  I'm sure it was by someone really well adjusted.

The latter part, you're right.  There should be more emphasis on that. Perhaps they don't want to actively champion it given it's the de facto method of getting around licensing restrictions.  Or maybe they just don't care.  I'd imagine there will be a reason behind it, but it is a bit of a shame given how much work some people put in.  Some content creators can be a bit...odd though, and I see a bit of an entitlement complex there with some.  Maybe that's borne out of SI not really paying attention to them, or maybe it's a reason why.  Who knows.

The one feature I really, really want from SI is a workable API to allow the community to really take it to the next level.  At the moment content that you can create is pretty disparate, perhaps having an API would allow things to be brought together and some really useful features added by the community.  Not holding my breath though.

Good Player / Team Guide used to be my go to forum...

I only tend to visit the SI forums in and around release (and patch releases) to ask questions and learn about the new features. IMO the community in general is not what it used to be.

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

They are providing service, for money, after all. Users have been toxic, that's true, but at least updating stickies for new version is neccessary.

6 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Even the best skinners - why not engage them and either ship fan favourite skins in the box or provide them with the tools to have their work ready for release ? So much of what makes FM great is the community content ( skins/facepacks/ modded balls and misc graphics / custom dbs and competitions , featured challenges and a 100 other little things

Legal reasons stop most of these from happening. One of the older versions of FM did include a couple of fan made skins but for legal reasons they had to be vastly altered from what the skinner wanted to make.