Not buying FM18 until the next update

I still have not bought the game and thinking of waiting until the first update comes. My reasoning behind this is that I see a lot of people still complaining about bugs and I am sure from previous experience that they will soon roll out an update to fix some major issues. Should I just go ahead and buy the game now or do you think its better to wait until the first update? 

Just now, acary08 said:

I still have not bought the game and thinking of waiting until the first update comes. My reasoning behind this is that I see a lot of people still complaining about bugs and I am sure from previous experience that they will soon roll out an update to fix some major issues. Should I just go ahead and buy the game now or do you think its better to wait until the first update? 

It's the same every year. To put things into perspective, I (and many others) was still playing my FM17 BETA save up until last month. 

Buy the game, play it and enjoy it. If you play it solely to find the faults in it, you'll never be happy, no matter how many updates there are. 

1 minute ago, nicobile said:

The release didnt come with a day one patch today?

That was in the old days, we are now in the digital world, where you can patch beta updates and release a finished 18.1.0. game.

Just now, nicobile said:

The release didnt come with a day one patch today?

I guess it did some major improvement to beta, just dont want to waste time on a career that got ruined because of the GK shooting the ball into his own net due to a bug. I like to have long saves starting from a very low league. 

6 minutes ago, acary08 said:

Try the demo and make up your own mind because you will never get a consensus on here.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, khalann said:

Demo don't work, down loaded it 3 times, fm.exe is missing

Please uninstall it, quit Steam and reload Steam, then try again.

1 minute ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Please uninstall it, quit Steam and reload Steam, then try again.

Tried that, but will give it another try, i have also cleared cache, and took all other steps, seems i'm not the only 1 having this problem, quite a few saying the same on twitter

Saying things along the lines of "I've heard people say it's bad so I'm not going to play it" has to be one of the stupidest (and yet recurring) things that get said here around release when there's a completely free-of-charge demo.  I've never understood people who are happy to adopt the opinions of complete strangers on an internet forum rather than form their own view.

Honestly, download the demo and see for yourself.  You might hate it, at which point you can either wait until the first update or probably just not buy the game at all (because I've never seen a significant difference through any of the major patches in previous versions) or end up enjoying it and picking up the game anyway.

I have over 100 hours on beta and can’t remember the last time that happened and it takes some getting use to but no major bugs for me and some of the minor ones have probably been sorted out.

play the demo and give it a chance not a quick go but a proper go and make up your own mind as everybody has different opinions.

10 hours ago, acary08 said:

If you're not going to buy the game, it's up to you. 

You have your reason and by all means stick to it.

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived