In Game Editor Not showing up

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So bought from Steam didn't work as above. Bought ingame seemed to work just fine. I have the option in preferences but can't see the little pencil thing to edit anything. Default Skin, cleared the cache also and restarted Steam and FM18.

Any ideas please?

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 09.14.28.png

2 hours ago, tbat44 said:

Same here. MacBook Pro and not able to click something in the download window.

Solved my problem. Switched back to english language (had a german custom file) and bought it at the main menu. It´s working now.

Also on Mac and not able to purchase the editor because the Steam overlay is unresponsive to my clicks. Not even able to tab my way to add funds, but can when prompted to cancel.

My way around it was to uncheck the retina option in preferences, restart FM18, purchase the editor, recheck retina option in preferences, and then restart.

Not ideal I know but we’re kind of used to it by know. More clicks.

3 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

The transaction went through & the Show In Game Editor option is checked in Preferences? 

*sigh* I think a long working week has caught up with me - just realised I'd added cash to my Steam wallet but not actually purchased the editor, which I figured it had done...

Just purchased properly this time and it's there. Donut :lol:

I bought this on steam, not through game. Says its in library. tried logging out, restarting steam. clearing cache/preferences. clearing steam download cache. nothing.

tried getting refund so I could just buy in game but they told me I've exceeded max 2 hour playing game (but that's for the game, not the in game editor). I planned to just use refunded balance in wallet to buy it in game.

at a loss.

14 hours ago, MagnusTen said:

This is the earliest I could check back, and it works for me now. Thanks for the fix, SI :)

To those still having an issue, I hope you find a solution!

Is it now working via Steam purchase or still only In Game? If In Game only, this should really be high priority for SI for those who paid for the editor through Steam. 

• 3 weeks later...

Please help, it's not showing up for me either. Purchased through the Downloads section in game.

image.thumb.png.b8ea1ff5d4b434e0e099d7dc4beb82f7.png

Cleared cache, deleted preferences file, restarted PC/Steam, load save game, ticked Show In-Game editor in the menu bar.....still nothing, don't see the pencil icon on any screen.

Do you need to start a new save for this to work?

Edit: Oh and first post!

Edited by mercedescolomar

• 3 weeks later...

Received this from SEGA:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Support.

We are sorry to read that you are encountering this issue with the ingame editor in FM18.

Please delete the cache files of your Football Manager 2018.

To delete your cache, please do the following:

First make sure the game is closed then please do the following:

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Click ‘Start’
- Select ‘Computer’
- From the header, select ‘Organize’ dropdown
- Select ‘Folder and Search Options’
- Within here, select the ‘View’ tab and make sure ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’ is selected
- Navigate to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018
- Delete the ‘Cache’ folder

For Windows 8 and Windows 10:
- Click ‘File Explorer’ from within the taskbar (or click ‘Desktop/Start’ then type in ‘File Explorer’)
- On the header click ‘View’ and make sure above ‘Show/hide’ that ‘Hidden Items’ is ticked
- Navigate to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018
- Delete the ‘Cache’ folder

After this is done, please verify the integrity of game cache as follows: 
- Load Steam
- From the Steam Games Library, right-click on Football Manager 2018 and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
- Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Now please start the game again and check if the Ingame Editor is now available in your game.

Please let us know how you get on.

Best Regards,

Vincent
SEGA Customer Support

It didn't work!!!!!

Same issue here but strangely only on my laptop. Bought ige (ingame) on my pc and it's working. Playing on my laptop now and it still says "unlocked" but nothing showing up... Same save, with and without skin, prefs and cache cleared, files verified... Nothing helps...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is an old topic, but I have found a solution - hopefully anyone facing this issue going forward can use this. 

1. Close FM if open

2. Go to Steam Library, right click on FM -> Properties. 

3. Untick the 'Enable the Steam Overlay...'

4. Close Steam

5. Reopen Steam

6. Go to Steam Library, right click on FM -> Properties. 

7. Tick the 'Enable the Steam Overlay...'

8. Reopen FM, editor should work now. 

• 4 months later...

Hi, I bought the in game editor, it was working but then it dissapeared, tried everything suggested in this thread, but still not showing...

And now when I try to go to the downloads at the start screen, I can't, it shows this sign:

Thanks(I have a Mac)

1271857877_ScreenShot2018-07-08at12_06_08PM.thumb.png.8fcf13d92a60889e404a8705ef3ebab5.png

Edited by mario1