In Game Editor Not showing up

I've purchased the in game editor via steam, and it shows that the item is purchased and installed in my steam library. I launched a fresh save file, and ensured that the "disable in game editor" option was unchecked. However, when I launch the game, there is no option to edit players anywhere. This is my first time purchasing an in game editor, so I'm unsure if I'm doing anything wrong. Help through this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Further images to show DLC purchased via steam, and it not being recognised in game. 

FMScreenshotMissingEditor.jpg

fm18steam.png

fm18ingamestore.jpg

Edited by MagnusTen
Providing further images

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, judicious said:

Works for me.

Sorry for being obvious but are you sure you don't have in game editor disabled?

Not a problem. I have exited steam, restarted a new save, made sure in game editor is not disabled. Nothing seems to work. 

5 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Right, i got it trough steam. Now cant find it anywhere. If i try to get it in game it suggest i should buy it one more time :p

I got it through steam too, and it doesn't register that I have the dlc in game. There seems to be some sort of mismatch of purchase data. 

@Ras: Wouldn't you then have been charged twice? I've already been charged for my in steam purchase. 

fm18steam.png

fm18ingamestore.jpg

Edited by MagnusTen
Responding to another question posted

I had to purchase it again trough steam after  deleteing cache, realoading another skin, resetting preferences, saving, quitting game, restarting steam... And then buying it trough steam.... Works now.

But ive now paid for it three times :p  Do we get it back kubi?

Edited by Rober82

2 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

I had to purchase it again trough steam after  deleteing cache, realoading another skin, resetting preferences, saving, quitting game, restarting steam... And then buying it trough steam.... Works now.

But ive now paid for it three times :p  Do we get it back kubi?

You need to ask steam. I'm sure they have an ear for that.

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

It appears that the IGE was not released at the same time as the full game, so perhaps you may need to wait for a short time to access the editor.

Nah its out. Those who buy it ingame dont have any problems as i can see. But those who get it trough "downloadable content" in steam have.

Just now, MagnusTen said:

Thanks for the response Kubi. I did delete the preferences, and switch skin afterwards. Still the same issue. 

Yes, it seems to be a general issue. There will be some advice/fix soon.

2 minutes ago, MagnusTen said:

Thanks for the response Kubi. I did delete the preferences, and switch skin afterwards. Still the same issue. 

Seems to me the purchase in steam isnt registered ingame. But you should be able to buy it now, and then email steam to get your money back. Or wait :)

• Administrators

Hi guys, 

We are aware of an issue currently affecting users buying this through the Steam Store pages on the DLC page. 

We are looking into resolving this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Hi guys, 

We are aware of an issue currently affecting users buying this through the Steam Store pages on the DLC page. 

We are looking into resolving this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Don't you have a QA Engineers to check this sort of stuff before release?

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, aleshkohen said:

Don't you have a QA Engineers to check this sort of stuff before release?

Currently the issue is Steam side since you purchase from there not the in-game store, I'm afraid but we are looking to resolve as soon as possible.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Well at least the Steam refund was quick. I'll repurchase when things are sorted out. 

You can purchase through the in game downloads section. I've done this already and can confirm its appearing for me.

5 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

You can purchase through the in game downloads section. I've done this already and can confirm its appearing for me.

I bought via my steam account so does this mean we are getting refunded as post above

or is a workaround going to be released

cheers

• Administrators
1 minute ago, kingrobbo said:

I bought via my steam account so does this mean we are getting refunded as post above

or is a workaround going to be released

cheers

If you purchased via steam store pages (DLC) you need to request refund from Valve, 

We are working on resolving the situation otherwise for affected users who are waiting, rather than getting a refund.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Yes, that worked. Thanks Lucas!

No problem. Really sorry for those waiting on this, we're working on this as fast as we can.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Might be a dumb question, but after purchasing the Editor from an In Game Purchase, why is the DLC not showing up as "installed" when I open Steam? There is still an option for me to purchase it.

Yes... it is weird to say the least and as said, we're trying to get this sorted for people who have purchased for DLC. 

13 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Yes... it is weird to say the least and as said, we're trying to get this sorted for people who have purchased for DLC. 

Im trying to do that however, when I go to buy it in-game the mini window isnt responding to any clicks by my curser the only way I can get out is to press ESC and Enter. Im not using a mouse, but my trackpad on my Mac. I know you're probably full of people complaining so Im sorry if it annoying. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 9.21.40 PM.png

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, gw230214 said:

Im trying to do that however, when I go to buy it in-game the mini window isnt responding to any clicks by my curser the only way I can get out is to press ESC and Enter. Im not using a mouse, but my trackpad on my Mac. I know you're probably full of people complaining so Im sorry if it annoying. 

I'll send you a PM. Have an idea which may help with the overlay

34 minutes ago, gw230214 said:

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 9.21.40 PM.png

I'm having this exact same problem as well.     Care to share your idea?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, rhenders said:

I'm having this exact same problem as well.     Care to share your idea?

You have a PM. :)

Hi developers, I'm playing the game from South Korea.

I cannot buy IGE in game download center with ERROR CODE 1.

So, I tried buying IGE from STEAM via this site : http://store.steampowered.com/sub/205823/?utm_source=SteamDB&utm_medium=SteamDB&utm_campaign=SteamDB Subs Page

But It didn't affect on game. There is no IGE menu in my game. (My game is enabled to use IGE.)

And I've found the another 2018 IGE site : http://store.steampowered.com/app/711730,

but I didn't access with the error "This item is currently unavailable in your region" .

In my steam library, when I clicked FM 2018, it seems to IGE DLC is installed.

Do I refund my IGE and wait for unlock region from SEGA or SI? Please help me.

Thanks for your support.