Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Alari Naylor

Football Manager Mobile 2018 Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

As ever, we'd love to hear your thoughts and first impressions of Football Manager Mobile 2018!

All feedback and initial impressions can go in here, but do post any bugs in the bugs forum: Here

As there have been big changes with both the database and tactics, we have a couple of separate feedback threads for those:

Database: Here
Tactics: Here

We really hope you enjoy the game as much as we've enjoyed making it - and we look forward to hearing how you get on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Immediate surprise was tactically, the game has gone leaps and bounds ahead of '17. I couldn't believe they implemented all those tactic changes that are in the PC version, VERY impressed by that. Also impressed by the number of players in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played around with it for 15 minutes. Very impressed so far, seems as a massive upgrade from last years version. So thumbs up for that. I need to dig deeper into it before making any further comments though.

But one thing - would it kill you to give us more than 4 slots for save games and tactics? It has been stuck on 4 for years now, any reason why these have to be so limited?

Edited by Footix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only comment I have so far (and I have created a thread on this but not sure if it was done in the right place) is none of the European leagues seem to be doing anything when I started my MLS career i.e. the MLS starts halfway through the domestic campaigns of many European nations yet when you click on those respective leagues, no games have been played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea when it will come to the Google Play Store (in the US)?  It's not there and the link in the announcement goes nowhere.

(nevermind: managed to find it after some searching. For some reason, it doesn't come up easily).

Edited by rougon
accuracy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weellllll...i just played a couple of months with my FC Porto and...it`s the best mobile fm that i`ve played BY  FAR!

as other user pointed out the tactic options are amazing,much more realistic than before!so many options,so many ways to change your team!

the data base is huge (although i have the feeling that the game is a little bit slower than before...) and the player has the feeling that he is much in control of his team!

the team report is also a good tool!

so far,so good...obviously that it will require much more game time to have a more accurate idea of the game but the first impression is quite positive!

i was very critic of last years version but this year you guys really nailed it!

Congratulations!

ps: only 4 slots to save?it sucks,small time but sucks,maybe a couple of more slots would be better :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bellerinific said:

Why is it still impossible to find a job when you start unemployed? This has been a recurring theme from the last 3 versions. Very frustrating.

It shouldn't be at all - can you please indicate your nationality, the leagues active and whether you've set yourself as 'unknown' or not ... once I've that information I'll run some tests here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

It shouldn't be at all - can you please indicate your nationality, the leagues active and whether you've set yourself as 'unknown' or not ... once I've that information I'll run some tests here.

Thanks for the response! Ive actually tried all different varietys, all are the same result - no offers. Dutch, Spanish, English. Applied for jobs all levels just as a test. On one I went through 3 seasons without one offer. I actually tried unknown because the other didnt seem to make a difference. If you could give me some settings to put that should work ill try them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unknown will make it hard to find a club unless you have really low reputation divisions loaded. Try normal, it should work out better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alari Naylor said:

Unknown will make it hard to find a club unless you have really low reputation divisions loaded. Try normal, it should work out better.

Yea i used that first, i tried unknown just to see if it would change anything, sadly nada. So looks like its just broken, i always start out unemployed as i enjoy starting from the bottom and working up like that, but its now two days without being able to find a job, so i guess i might hve to use the random assigment button. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bellerinific said:

Yea i used that first, i tried unknown just to see if it would change anything, sadly nada. So looks like its just broken, i always start out unemployed as i enjoy starting from the bottom and working up like that, but its now two days without being able to find a job, so i guess i might hve to use the random assigment button. 

What leagues are you loading and what level down to, out of interest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alari Naylor said:

What leagues are you loading and what level down to, out of interest?

Interestingly enough i finally just got a job - Grimsby! Finally! But to answer your question i have loaded a bunch of different leagues, but have always included England and Spain, then mixed in with Portugal, Italy, Germany and France. Currently the one where ive finally gotten a job i have England, Spain, Italy and portugal with English as nationality. Have no idea why it suddenly worked this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Normal reputation you should be able to get jobs in lower League 2, Spanish 2B divisions and similar levels. We think manager nationality may have too much of an influence on this currently and are looking into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyway in which you can add the squad cap for each of the English leagues into the game just like the PC version. Also adding the youth teams to the Checkatrade Trophy ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems fine so far. Some nice upgrades. One thing though. Was looking through the friendly results and noticed that the club name Berlin Kopenick Dammfeld didn’t fit on screen. The first three characters ‘Ber’ were off screen so to speak. There might be other long names like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vane said:

Seems fine so far. Some nice upgrades. One thing though. Was looking through the friendly results and noticed that the club name Berlin Kopenick Dammfeld didn’t fit on screen. The first three characters ‘Ber’ were off screen so to speak. There might be other long names like it.

Thanks, seen this one internally already in fact :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LewisC1996 said:

Is there anyway in which you can add the squad cap for each of the English leagues into the game just like the PC version. Also adding the youth teams to the Checkatrade Trophy ? 

Neither of these are something we plan to do at present I'm afraid for gameplay/performance reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really impressed with this version. The tactics are a massive improvement and I can actually understand how to implement them now as they are similar to the full version. Great Job SI. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my 2 pence.......I wasn't going to buy this year's mobile version but decided to as a result of the delayed tablet version of Touch and have gotta say I'm pretty blown away with the depth of game play (especially tactics) and the hugely increased player database....overall a really compelling mobile gaming experience.

One really small negative, On the tactics screen, the scroll bar seems overly sensitive making it difficult to navigate to a player who is halfway down the list.

That said, good job fellas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Due to time constraints I have not played any version of FM for 4 or 5 years. I have bought the mobile version this year and am really enjoying the game.

One frustrating thing I've found though... please excuse if this has been covered before in previous versions... is that I find it really, really difficult to sign players permanently that will come close to improving my squad. I have £14m to spend in my second season as Benevito and the only players I could sign for that amount are average at best, and would probably only make my bench. I rely on numerous loans to improve my squad. Players seem so over-valued.

Not sure if anyone else finds this, it may just be me not having played the game enough to deploy tricks/tactics to get players cheaper...

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GaryBarlow said:

Hello,

Due to time constraints I have not played any version of FM for 4 or 5 years. I have bought the mobile version this year and am really enjoying the game.

One frustrating thing I've found though... please excuse if this has been covered before in previous versions... is that I find it really, really difficult to sign players permanently that will come close to improving my squad. I have £14m to spend in my second season as Benevito and the only players I could sign for that amount are average at best, and would probably only make my bench. I rely on numerous loans to improve my squad. Players seem so over-valued.

Not sure if anyone else finds this, it may just be me not having played the game enough to deploy tricks/tactics to get players cheaper...

Thanks

To be honest, £14M isn't a lot in today's market. With that kind of budget, you are only ever going to attract average players or one player who is of better than average quality but could be coming towards the end of his career i.e. Fernado Llorente.

I had £7.5M with a MLS team which was sufficient to buy a number of young players who have the potential to be three stars out of five. Your club reputation, league reputation and manager reputation will impact on whether a player wants to sign for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Totally love the additions to the new FMM.

 

Tactics are more in-depth and the addition of teams reserves are brilliant also.

 

Possible Improvements:

1.

In terms of the in game editor I am a high user of this as I like to edit free agents to clubs. 

With the expansion of lower league players there are often players aged 17 who would be lucky to make it past the conference.

So when I edit them to clubs I give contracts and wages.

My issue is that the minimum wage a player can now get on editor is £1000.

Now for a club like FC United or Harrogate Town who are signing League One rejected youngers for instance they wouldn't give them an initial contact of £1000 to even their best players so a random youngster wouldn't come close to a £1000 a week contact.

So I'm hoping in the next update you can revert to the previous editions options of dropping to £70 a week if needs be. 

(Also this is relevant to regens who come through who have no contract, at 16 I only ever give them an initial £70 a week contract with whichever club this may be)

2.

The Reserves option is a brilliant new option which i am thoroughly enjoying the addition and depth of.

But one issue I am having is that I cannot move players to the teams reserves.

So with players who are young and come through as regens I often move them straight into the teams B side or reserves via the editor and let them develop there,

But there isn't an option to move any players to English reserve teams.

With this I would be able to edit a regen into a real life youngster and move him to the reserves to develop a few years instead.

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShaneMarc said:

Hello,

Totally love the additions to the new FMM.

 

Tactics are more in-depth and the addition of teams reserves are brilliant also.

 

Possible Improvements:

1.

In terms of the in game editor I am a high user of this as I like to edit free agents to clubs. 

With the expansion of lower league players there are often players aged 17 who would be lucky to make it past the conference.

So when I edit them to clubs I give contracts and wages.

My issue is that the minimum wage a player can now get on editor is £1000.

Now for a club like FC United or Harrogate Town who are signing League One rejected youngers for instance they wouldn't give them an initial contact of £1000 to even their best players so a random youngster wouldn't come close to a £1000 a week contact.

So I'm hoping in the next update you can revert to the previous editions options of dropping to £70 a week if needs be. 

(Also this is relevant to regens who come through who have no contract, at 16 I only ever give them an initial £70 a week contract with whichever club this may be)

2.

The Reserves option is a brilliant new option which i am thoroughly enjoying the addition and depth of.

But one issue I am having is that I cannot move players to the teams reserves.

So with players who are young and come through as regens I often move them straight into the teams B side or reserves via the editor and let them develop there,

But there isn't an option to move any players to English reserve teams.

With this I would be able to edit a regen into a real life youngster and move him to the reserves to develop a few years instead.

 

Thank you!

Thanks for the comments. Re the wage in the IGE - will look into this.

Re the reserves, you should have a button in the Actions menu. If not, can you make sure your reserve squad isn't full (max 40 players) and if there seems to be space, send us a save? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Alari Naylor said:

Thanks for the comments. Re the wage in the IGE - will look into this.

Re the reserves, you should have a button in the Actions menu. If not, can you make sure your reserve squad isn't full (max 40 players) and if there seems to be space, send us a save? Thanks.

Hi Alari,

Thank you for the reply,

In terms of the reserves I was again referencing the IGE. Basically if a regen or a player with no previous club comes through without a team I do a bit of research and find a real life player to match, edit all the details onto him and then give him a contract at whichever club he is at. The only issue I would have is for instance is adding such players as Ethan Ampadu to Chelsea. If Chelsea have a 40 player first team squad I am not able to add the Free Agent edited player of Ethan Ampadu to Chelsea but yet there is plenty of space in Chelsea's reserves! And if he was a potential first team player I couldn't just move a current first team Chelsea player who wasn't as good as Ethan to the reserves to take his place. I hope this makes sense, and honestly it's not a big issue at all! Just helping improve the game in every tiny detailed way possible! Still love the game, 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShaneMarc said:

Hi Alari,

Thank you for the reply,

In terms of the reserves I was again referencing the IGE. Basically if a regen or a player with no previous club comes through without a team I do a bit of research and find a real life player to match, edit all the details onto him and then give him a contract at whichever club he is at. The only issue I would have is for instance is adding such players as Ethan Ampadu to Chelsea. If Chelsea have a 40 player first team squad I am not able to add the Free Agent edited player of Ethan Ampadu to Chelsea but yet there is plenty of space in Chelsea's reserves! And if he was a potential first team player I couldn't just move a current first team Chelsea player who wasn't as good as Ethan to the reserves to take his place. I hope this makes sense, and honestly it's not a big issue at all! Just helping improve the game in every tiny detailed way possible! Still love the game, 

Thank you!

Ah, I see what you mean by this! Yes, that's actually something we should look into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a couple of things I'd love to see in FMM:

 

1. Being able to replay events during a match. I feel it's important to be able to easily replay events during a match either as they happen, or right after the game finishes in a easy way. This helps analysing what worked and what doesn't. Currently you can save games but you have to come out of game and load them to see them. It's just doesn't work for this.

 

2. Being able to download new leagues into the mobile phone. Currently there's a fix set of leagues and it cannot be extended. I can understand not putting all of them in the initial package but it'd be nice to download them. Maybe for a fee. I'd love to play Andorra league!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ups, not sure this thread is best place to suggest this. I'll post in the wish list thread which is better suited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on a great improvement this year, it’s a big step forward.  I’ve got the FMM bug back.  

The graphics, interface, database, tactics and general gameplay are all much improved.  Feels deeper and more engaging than previous versions, and still simple to pick up and play.  Great job!

I would agree with others that the standard setup is a bit easy.  However, there’s plenty of options to make it harder so there’s different levels of difficulty for everyone.  Can’t wait to test myself! 

Current save is with AlbinoLeffe.  I’ve got promoted two seasons in a row via Italy’s convoluted play-off system. It’s really enjoyable but I’ll start on a more challenging setup next time.

Some issues:

1.  In Serie B, the league table suggested that it was just 2 teams promoted auto with no play offs.  There was no line or colours during the season to show a play off zone.  Fortunately I didn’t play the kids when I was sat 6th in April and May, and I finished just inside the play offs... finding out after the last game of the season!  I’m sure it’s in the league rules but the league table should make it obvious throughout the season. 

2. It’s way too easy to buy cheaply and sell for big profits.  After promotion to Serie A, I purchased 18 players for £10.4m and sold 27 players for £39.5m - some were the same player, signing in July and selling in August for 2-3 times the buying price. 

I will use attribute masking for future saves to make transfers harder, but the quick increases in value and ease of buying and selling is very unrealistic.  This should be a lot harder for a club like AlbinoLeffe, even if they’ve got promoted to Serie A.

Looking forward to exploring the game more and trying more challenging situations. Thanks for making FMM great again! 

Edited by Dovorian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dovorian said:

Some issues:

1.  In Serie B, the league table suggested that it was just 2 teams promoted auto with no play offs.  There was no line or colours during the season to show a play off zone.  Fortunately I didn’t play the kids when I was sat 6th in April and May, and I finished just inside the play offs... finding out after the last game of the season!  I’m sure it’s in the league rules but the league table should make it obvious throughout the season. 

2. It’s way too easy to buy cheaply and sell for big profits.  After promotion to Serie A, I purchased 18 players for £10.4m and sold 27 players for £39.5m - some were the same player, signing in July and selling in August for 2-3 times the buying price. 

I will use attribute masking for future saves to make transfers harder, but the quick increases in value and ease of buying and selling is very unrealistic.  This should be a lot harder for a club like AlbinoLeffe, even if they’ve got promoted to Serie A.

 

I'd like to echo this. I also had the same bug with the league table from Serie B (although I won the league so promotion was obviously automatic for me).

And yes, buying and selling is way too easy on FMM 2018. I don't often have to enter into protracted negotiations with clubs. I often make enquiries and find that clubs are willing to sell and at values that are entirely reasonable. When it comes to selling, I offer my unwanted player to clubs which always results in clubs eager to buy my unwanted players, and often at a value higher than their actual transfer value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have created, applied and saved a custom tactic, but every time I load up my save the roles in the tactic are all messed up. It only takes a few clicks to resolve it (load tactic again), but it is pretty annoying. I hope this can be resolved in a future update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I have played this game a lot on pc. I love this game verry much. What i like to see in this game is a multiplayer game with frends. I only play with frends because it will make us more difficult. Is this possible ?

greetings Dennis Melkert

Edited by Dennis Melkert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been fiddling around with various tactics recently and realised I can play "overload" mentality for 90 minutes and win comfortably. I'm not playing as the best teams either, but rather the likes of Newcastle, Lille and Braga.

A bit disappointing actually. Hope this will be tweaked for '19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...