FM18: Liverpool FC - Pace Abuse

cezar.sl

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

Do a save where you buy only English and only once a season.

I was kind of heading that way on this save with Kane, Alli, Sessegnon and a few others.

The problem is it then starts feeling a bit forced to have to impose rules on your save.

I probably just need to take a break for a while, but I know I'll wake up tomorrow, reinstall it, download the graphics packs again... ☺

started a new save after all the winter updates have been done. no transfers at the start and just picked up a couple of regens that the scouts had a 4 starts

great start to the season. into December now and just finished top of my CL group, Sevilla, Spartak Moscow, benfica. won 5 and lost 1 game. only loss of the season so far

PL is going great, top of the PL by 5 points from Arsenal after 15 games. Have won 12 and drawn 3 games. United and Chelsea are a further 5 points back in 3rd & 4th. next 3 games in the PL , United, Arsenal & Chelsea. couple of goo results there and could go into the Christmas period with an 8 point lead in the league.

got a budget of 77m heading into the window too and while I want to clear out the likes of Klavan, Ings, Lallana & Solanke from the squad I have Lovern and Mane both making noises about leaving. Mane is unhappy that I promised him the champions league next season as he wants to win it now. so I might just agree to sell him to Real despite him doing really well. 

Season 3 transfers major only ins signed Leno,Lemar & Lucas a centre back 

outs Salah & Becker 

Signed Leno & Lemar to replace Becker & Salah as both wanted to leave after failing to win the champions league I don’t keep players who want to leave anymore will be interesting if the squad can make it 3 in a row but with Belotti on fire there might be a chance.

On 24/03/2018 at 21:33, dannysheard said:

I was kind of heading that way on this save with Kane, Alli, Sessegnon and a few others.

The problem is it then starts feeling a bit forced to have to impose rules on your save.

I probably just need to take a break for a while, but I know I'll wake up tomorrow, reinstall it, download the graphics packs again... ☺

Same boat, but im finding it quite interesting by imposing my rule of trying to make a profit every transfer window and not having any player over 200k a week. Gets boring having the best players on the game and turning Liverpool into a City clone

15 hours ago, adamc81 said:

Same boat, but im finding it quite interesting by imposing my rule of trying to make a profit every transfer window and not having any player over 200k a week. Gets boring having the best players on the game and turning Liverpool into a City clone

I'm going to try a new save with the plan of saving loads of money for a new stadium (although I'll no doubt quit looooooooooong before that happens), mostly English players, let the game do the scouting for me and I'm going to try a 4-4-2 to get some serious goals out of Salah :)

6 hours ago, dannysheard said:

I'm going to try a new save with the plan of saving loads of money for a new stadium (although I'll no doubt quit looooooooooong before that happens), mostly English players, let the game do the scouting for me and I'm going to try a 4-4-2 to get some serious goals out of Salah :)

Sounds a good plan, should be easy to save up if you have a good 1st season. I had a good first season and won the title on the last match though didnt even make it to the quarters of the Champions League. Sold all of the backups and cashed in on the likes of Matip and Moreno for £50 and £60mil each. Im in the 2nd season with near £300mil in the bank with the same front 3 as the current side, backed up by the likes of Woodburn, Brewster, Greubbels and Sancho whilst Arsenal just spent £98mil on Icardi! I was soo tempted to buy Greizzman or Dybala in the summer but just knew i'd get bored of them ripping up the league come end of the season.

Playing 3 in the centre of midfield trying to make Ox into a Mezzala is quite fun to watch, same as trying to cope with losing Salahs goals (he was the leagues top scorer 1st season) 2nd season with him injured for a lot of it.

in Jan of season 1, 24 games played, won 20 drew 4. haven't lost in the league. only loss was a CL group game and we won the other 5. into the final of the LC and still in the FA cup. good chance of multiple trophies and I've now had 6 players come to me to at they want to leave for PSG as they offer more money.

now I can understand 1 or 2 players looking to move but I've had Karius, Moreno, CAn, Matip, Mane and Lovern all asking to leave in chats and none of the talks went well as I didn't want to let them move or they wouldn't accept my valuation of them. 

50 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

in Jan of season 1, 24 games played, won 20 drew 4. haven't lost in the league. only loss was a CL group game and we won the other 5. into the final of the LC and still in the FA cup. good chance of multiple trophies and I've now had 6 players come to me to at they want to leave for PSG as they offer more money.

now I can understand 1 or 2 players looking to move but I've had Karius, Moreno, CAn, Matip, Mane and Lovern all asking to leave in chats and none of the talks went well as I didn't want to let them move or they wouldn't accept my valuation of them. 

I always pick the option of appreciating their honesty but a bid hasnt come in yet, so its all hypothetical. They never kick off over it and eventually become happy if you're in good form. I usually pick the option about them having a long time on their contract aswell when they want more money - 90% of the time they back off.

3 hours ago, Staf9 said:

I have had same issue with the exact same players. I actually let Lovren go as Barca offered 45m for him so off he went. He is not bad on game but for 45m I thought let him go and replaced him with de Ligt.

On 3/27/2018 at 11:37, gmulv said:

I have had same issue with the exact same players. I actually let Lovren go as Barca offered 45m for him so off he went. He is not bad on game but for 45m I thought let him go and replaced him with de Ligt.

how on earth was he sold for $45 mill? 

2 hours ago, Ninza said:

how on earth was he sold for $45 mill? 

No idea, they came in with a bid in jan for him when he was unhappy. In all honesty he played most of my games due to injury and did quite well..

think thats a flaw of the game really. If you have a decent season and the likes of Mignolet, Moreno, Lovren, Wijnaldum and Matip play regularly then teams like PSG or City become interested. I never sell any of them beginning season 1 as I know if you play them then you are going to get bids near or over the 50mil mark for each of them. I got 63mil for Moreno in the January transfer window season 1 (replaced him with Grimaldo for 18mil who is probably better), half way through the 2nd and he is transfer listed, same with Matip. 

On a sidenote i picked up Geubbels from Lyon for 5mil at the end of the first season. Thought bit of a punt, maybe develop him a little and sell-on, he's been a revelation! 17 goals and 9 assists in 15 starts, now worth 29mil as a 17 year old who can play anywhere across the front 3. It meant i could lend out Solanke who developed into a real goalscorer at a promoted Leeds now, grabbing an England cap to.

Really need to sort out my centre back partnership though, i have the 15th best defensive record in the league now - the triangle of Rajkovic, Van Dijk and De ligt is not working and just so many errors, similar goals too with the striker always cutting across my centre back for a near post finish. Grabbed the title just through attacking play but defensive vulnerabilities are costing me early Champions League exits.

6 hours ago, adamc81 said:

think thats a flaw of the game really. If you have a decent season and the likes of Mignolet, Moreno, Lovren, Wijnaldum and Matip play regularly then teams like PSG or City become interested. I never sell any of them beginning season 1 as I know if you play them then you are going to get bids near or over the 50mil mark for each of them. I got 63mil for Moreno in the January transfer window season 1 (replaced him with Grimaldo for 18mil who is probably better), half way through the 2nd and he is transfer listed, same with Matip. 

On a sidenote i picked up Geubbels from Lyon for 5mil at the end of the first season. Thought bit of a punt, maybe develop him a little and sell-on, he's been a revelation! 17 goals and 9 assists in 15 starts, now worth 29mil as a 17 year old who can play anywhere across the front 3. It meant i could lend out Solanke who developed into a real goalscorer at a promoted Leeds now, grabbing an England cap to.

Really need to sort out my centre back partnership though, i have the 15th best defensive record in the league now - the triangle of Rajkovic, Van Dijk and De ligt is not working and just so many errors, similar goals too with the striker always cutting across my centre back for a near post finish. Grabbed the title just through attacking play but defensive vulnerabilities are costing me early Champions League exits.

Why would it be flaw in the game? When players perform well IRL the big teams become interested. The players themselves want to move to better teams to win trophies or they want higher wages, from the team they play for or the team that is interested in them. It's logical.

Regarding the defense, you need defenders with very good anticipation, concentration and positioning. Van Dijk has poor concentration and decisions and De Ligt is probably still developing for you but not there yet. He needs a partner with 14-15 + in anticipation, concentration, decisions and positioning. 

On 28/03/2018 at 20:19, yonko said:

Why would it be flaw in the game? When players perform well IRL the big teams become interested. The players themselves want to move to better teams to win trophies or they want higher wages, from the team they play for or the team that is interested in them. It's logical.

Regarding the defense, you need defenders with very good anticipation, concentration and positioning. Van Dijk has poor concentration and decisions and De Ligt is probably still developing for you but not there yet. He needs a partner with 14-15 + in anticipation, concentration, decisions and positioning. 

Half a good season from the likes of Moreno, Mignloet, Lovren and Matip would not get the likes of PSG and City interested in real life would it? Then when they are purchased they aren't played as they arent as good as what are already in those teams and within half a season they are transfer listed. Doesnt sound particularly logical to me tbh its just poor game AI.

Thanks for the input on the defence though, am going to set my scouts to task. 

7 minutes ago, adamc81 said:

Half a good season from the likes of Moreno, Mignloet, Lovren and Matip would not get the likes of PSG and City interested in real life would it? Then when they are purchased they aren't played as they arent as good as what are already in those teams and within half a season they are transfer listed. Doesnt sound particularly logical to me tbh its just poor game AI.

Thanks for the input on the defence though, am going to set my scouts to task. 

IRL Man City bought Mendy based on what?

How good and for how long was Van Dijk before top teams were after him? They were after him even when he played poorly last 6 months at his former club.

My last few seasons... Ox injured, Mane injured, Salah injured, Woodburn injured, Ox injured, Ox injured, Mane injured, Ox injured, Ox injured, Woodburn injured, Mane injured, Ox injured, Ox, Ox, Ox, Salah injured, Ox injured,.,OxManeSalahWoodburn... OxMaSaWo... OK, I get it!!!!

Just won the champions league means ive won the Comm Shield,Premier league & Champions league in 1 season also its the 1st time since FM 16 ive won the champions league & Lemar great replacement for Salah who i lost before the season started next goal world domination 

23 hours ago, yonko said:

IRL Man City bought Mendy based on what?

How good and for how long was Van Dijk before top teams were after him? They were after him even when he played poorly last 6 months at his former club.

Mendy was bought as City needed a left back and was what 21/22 and could get better? Mignolet, Lovren, Matip, Moreno etc have been average for years! half a good season would not get City or PSG interested in them. So your telling me its logical for big teams to spend 50mil on a player who over performs for 6 months after years of mediocrity and then after they buy them they dont even play them and instead transfer list them? Sure it might happen on the odd occasion but i've sold near half a dozen a players in this save like that now

I dont really understand your Van Dijk point as everyone knew he was better than what Liverpool had and he was always going into the first 11, its what teams do when they spend big money - they play them, my point is in fm2018 big clubs buy players that they dont need as they aren't better than what they have and then dont play them, its poor AI.

5 hours ago, adamc81 said:

Mendy was bought as City needed a left back and was what 21/22 and could get better? Mignolet, Lovren, Matip, Moreno etc have been average for years! half a good season would not get City or PSG interested in them. So your telling me its logical for big teams to spend 50mil on a player who over performs for 6 months after years of mediocrity and then after they buy them they dont even play them and instead transfer list them? Sure it might happen on the odd occasion but i've sold near half a dozen a players in this save like that now

I dont really understand your Van Dijk point as everyone knew he was better than what Liverpool had and he was always going into the first 11, its what teams do when they spend big money - they play them, my point is in fm2018 big clubs buy players that they dont need as they aren't better than what they have and then dont play them, its poor AI.

The fees are stupid. In my last save, Lallana played about four games in my first season because of several injuries, but I still got £60m cash for him from Arsenal that summer, even though he was 30.

The following summer I sold Wijnaldum for the same amount to the same club, even though he hadn't really been a regular.

It's way too easy to end up drowning in cash after a few years.

1 hour ago, dannysheard said:

The fees are stupid. In my last save, Lallana played about four games in my first season because of several injuries, but I still got £60m cash for him from Arsenal that summer, even though he was 30.

The following summer I sold Wijnaldum for the same amount to the same club, even though he hadn't really been a regular.

It's way too easy to end up drowning in cash after a few years.

Exactly, Lallana played a handful of matches for me in the first season - i saw Tottenham were interested and negotiated a swap deal for £40mil plus Lallana for Kane. I decided against doing the deal as it just felt like a cheat. I lose interest in saves after a couple of seasons usually having amassed a side that would rival the galacticos! This save i've just bought prospects, 3rd season in and i have £426mil in the bank from just selling Mane (couldnt turn down £137mil for him) and very average players (mignolet, Moreno, Lallana, Lovren, Matip etc) to City Madrid and PSG etc. If you try selling players at the start its a nightmare but if you leave it until the wanted icon appears after half a season you can easily get £50-60mil for any of them. 

8 hours ago, adamc81 said:

Obviously you didn't understand my questions. Basically Mendy and Van Dijk are real life examples of what you describe in FM.

13 hours ago, yonko said:

Obviously you didn't understand my questions. Basically Mendy and Van Dijk are real life examples of what you describe in FM.

I think the difference is that VvD and Mendy are players where the expectation is that they could get even better as they have moved to big clubs and have a few years to get to their prime. With the likes of Lovren and Mignolet, everyone knows what they can (and more importantly can't!) do.

1 hour ago, dannysheard said:

I think the difference is that VvD and Mendy are players where the expectation is that they could get even better as they have moved to big clubs and have a few years to get to their prime. With the likes of Lovren and Mignolet, everyone knows what they can (and more importantly can't!) do.

thanks, just what you said. 

Just now, adamc81 said:

hows everyone getting on with Keita? how's everyone getting the best out of him?

I play him MC on his preferred left side in a classic 4-1-2-3 wide formation, as a central midfielder on attack duty. He's having an absolute stormer! I think the key is to make use of his wonderful 18 off the ball movement and PPM "play's one-twos", ie you want him involved in the attacking moves while running from deep (Gini is also very effective in this role, with a 15 off the ball movement and the diabolical "arrives late in opponent's area" PPM).

I'm thinking next season it will be Keita and Hendo as my MC pairing, with whoever Klopp decides to bring in as a DMC sitting behind them. 

3 minutes ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

I play him MC on his preferred left side in a classic 4-1-2-3 wide formation, as a central midfielder on attack duty. He's having an absolute stormer! I think the key is to make use of his wonderful 18 off the ball movement and PPM "play's one-twos", ie you want him involved in the attacking moves while running from deep (Gini is also very effective in this role, with a 15 off the ball movement and the diabolical "arrives late in opponent's area" PPM).

I'm thinking next season it will be Keita and Hendo as my MC pairing, with whoever Klopp decides to bring in as a DMC sitting behind them. 

yeah good call interesting, i havent really been able to get him firing in a Mezzala 4-3-3 role in 1 and half seasons yet. Described as a world class midfielder and feel like im wasting him, he's just been solid for me but no different to any of our other centre mids. Need to tinker with him

5 hours ago, dannysheard said:

Do you see the CA and PA in real life? Is there a new software for that? 

The AI teams are obviously programmed to want the players who perform well in FM. This happens IRL and is realistic. It's not just about players who have potential and can get better on a new team. It's also about players playing on the same high level for their new team. Who doesn't want Salah performing for them as he does for Liverpool now IRL? Do we know if he can get better? Do we know if he can play like this for a few more seasons? Can the AI know all that in FM? Who knows.....as IRL, the AI notices great performances (for half or full season) and the higher reputation teams want that player....to perform like that for them.

3 minutes ago, yonko said:

Do you see the CA and PA in real life? Is there a new software for that? 

The AI teams are obviously programmed to want the players who perform well in FM. This happens IRL and is realistic. It's not just about players who have potential and can get better on a new team. It's also about players playing on the same high level for their new team. Who doesn't want Salah performing for them as he does for Liverpool now IRL? Do we know if he can get better? Do we know if he can play like this for a few more seasons? Can the AI know all that in FM? Who knows.....as IRL, the AI notices great performances (for half or full season) and the higher reputation teams want that player....to perform like that for them.

take a chill pill, you're really missing the point of the topic here; we aren't talking about star players we are talking average squad players.

Lets play devils advocate then, assume the AI is noticing these great performances (they weren't great btw they were low 7 point somethings hence why i offered the players out if someone was interested) and they decide to buy the player (which they don't need btw as they have better quality in that position anyway). The AI decides to double Mignolets and Lovrens wages and then proceeds not to play them and by the next transfer window they are transfer listed. These are players coming into their 30s who are getting bids of £40-60 million who arent as good as what these teams already have. PSG spanked my team in the CL and proceed to show interest in 2 of my players that had terrible matches! My defence was the 15th best in the league in the first season, i won the title due to my attack, of course Firmino and Mane should get interest but they are also bidding on my terrible performing defence, do you not see that as a problem? When Liverpool almost won the league IRL did City or PSG show interest in Skrtel or Mignolet? nooo they wanted Suarez and Sterling etc. We aren't talking about starring players here we are talking about squad players that are being carried by others yet in FM world their reputation rises unrealistically parallel to that of the club hence how you can command huge fees by the biggest clubs in the world. Im not pulling up trees in europe here to get great reputations im making CL quarters at best. In my save in no way should big clubs be bidding huge fees for squad players who are approaching their 30's and are the weaklinks of my team, its unrealistic, 

Now lets come onto Lallana, a player i regularly sell to Tottenham for around the £50mil mark. The guy is approaching 30, pretty much gets a dozen games at best for me in the first season with little impact. How can a teams overall performance increase the reputation of a player that does not play? In my game i won the league, Lallana 1 goal in 12 appearances. Spurs finish 3rd, Kane 2nd top goalscorer happy at the club. Under these conditions i was able to negotiate a swap deal for one of the best strikers in the game plus £40mil, nothing about that deal is realistic in the slightest. I pulled out of the deal to allow United to buy Kane and try to keep my save interesting, i had the exact same deal for Alli. Its just poor AI transfer activity.

Player reputation and the transfer activity on this game can be very easily to manipulate and is extremely flawed, if you dont see it then thats great for you and great that you're enjoying your game but my save is pretty unrealistic at times. 

1 hour ago, adamc81 said:

take a chill pill, you're really missing the point of the topic here; we aren't talking about star players we are talking average squad players.

Lets play devils advocate then, assume the AI is noticing these great performances (they weren't great btw they were low 7 point somethings hence why i offered the players out if someone was interested) and they decide to buy the player (which they don't need btw as they have better quality in that position anyway). The AI decides to double Mignolets and Lovrens wages and then proceeds not to play them and by the next transfer window they are transfer listed. These are players coming into their 30s who are getting bids of £40-60 million who arent as good as what these teams already have. PSG spanked my team in the CL and proceed to show interest in 2 of my players that had terrible matches! My defence was the 15th best in the league in the first season, i won the title due to my attack, of course Firmino and Mane should get interest but they are also bidding on my terrible performing defence, do you not see that as a problem? When Liverpool almost won the league IRL did City or PSG show interest in Skrtel or Mignolet? nooo they wanted Suarez and Sterling etc. We aren't talking about starring players here we are talking about squad players that are being carried by others yet in FM world their reputation rises unrealistically parallel to that of the club hence how you can command huge fees by the biggest clubs in the world. Im not pulling up trees in europe here to get great reputations im making CL quarters at best. In my save in no way should big clubs be bidding huge fees for squad players who are approaching their 30's and are the weaklinks of my team, its unrealistic, 

Now lets come onto Lallana, a player i regularly sell to Tottenham for around the £50mil mark. The guy is approaching 30, pretty much gets a dozen games at best for me in the first season with little impact. How can a teams overall performance increase the reputation of a player that does not play? In my game i won the league, Lallana 1 goal in 12 appearances. Spurs finish 3rd, Kane 2nd top goalscorer happy at the club. Under these conditions i was able to negotiate a swap deal for one of the best strikers in the game plus £40mil, nothing about that deal is realistic in the slightest. I pulled out of the deal to allow United to buy Kane and try to keep my save interesting, i had the exact same deal for Alli. Its just poor AI transfer activity.

Player reputation and the transfer activity on this game can be very easily to manipulate and is extremely flawed, if you dont see it then thats great for you and great that you're enjoying your game but my save is pretty unrealistic at times. 

This is why I can't play beyond a few seasons because I end up with a squad of mid-20s superstars and about £400m in the bank.

What makes it worse is that if you're patient, you can get bargains which other clubs don't even go for. I bought Asensio for £31m and he's an absolute beast. Nobody else went for him.

I bought Miliknkovic-Savic for £30m, used him as a rotation player then sold him for £90m cash after one year.

In FM world, Leicester would've sold Huth and Albrighton for £60m after winning the title.

Anyway, let's be friends 😀

1 hour ago, adamc81 said:

Don't tell me to take a chill pill and then proceed by writing a novel. It's ironic.

Your whole novel is useless since you start with "assume". I'm not gonna assume anything. I'm just saying if players perform well, the AI teams will come with offers for them or players will ask for new contracts. Average rating in the low 7s is still considered performing well in FM, btw. Same thing IRL - if players perform well, teams will become insisted. 

What is your definition of star player? I don't consider VVD and Mendy as star players. Salah, maybe now based on his performances this season, but not at Roma or before that. If a player performs well, does he become a star player or is that tag just based on reputation?

1 hour ago, yonko said:

Don't tell me to take a chill pill and then proceed by writing a novel. It's ironic.

Your whole novel is useless since you start with "assume". I'm not gonna assume anything. I'm just saying if players perform well, the AI teams will come with offers for them or players will ask for new contracts. Average rating in the low 7s is still considered performing well in FM, btw. Same thing IRL - if players perform well, teams will become insisted. 

What is your definition of star player? I don't consider VVD and Mendy as star players. Salah, maybe now based on his performances this season, but not at Roma or before that. If a player performs well, does he become a star player or is that tag just based on reputation?

I had to write a novel as you dont seem to understand my basic points hence the detailed explanation.

I said lets assume with regards to understanding YOUR explanation of how the AI interprets performances, all those details happened in my save, the only assumption is based on YOUR perception and reasoning of how YOU described how FM acts, you have come up with no explanation on how you perceive it to be realistic that the AI spends a huge amount on an average player that they dont need; then doesn't play them and just transfer lists them within months. You keep going on about Salah and VVD IRL, these players were the best players at their previous clubs its pretty understandable why they got interest. In FM AI transfer logic a better comparison would be Liverpool over looking VVD and instead buying Shane Long for £60mil just because Southampton had a decent season; thats whats happening on my save with regards to my players. I have no problems in City or PSG wanting my best players, the point is they want my average easily replaceable ones that wouldnt even get a match with them and it makes the game far too easy.

I can't hold your hand and guide you through my points and views more than i already have. If you think selling interchangeable ageing squad players like Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Matip, Lallana and getting over £200mil plus combined for them by the 2nd season from Europe's elite is realistic then I need a pint of what your drinking :lol:, end of.

2 hours ago, dannysheard said:

This is why I can't play beyond a few seasons because I end up with a squad of mid-20s superstars and about £400m in the bank.

What makes it worse is that if you're patient, you can get bargains which other clubs don't even go for. I bought Asensio for £31m and he's an absolute beast. Nobody else went for him.

I bought Miliknkovic-Savic for £30m, used him as a rotation player then sold him for £90m cash after one year.

In FM world, Leicester would've sold Huth and Albrighton for £60m after winning the title.

Anyway, let's be friends 😀

its mad isnt it, im trying not to buy superstars but when Asensio is sitting there for a stupidly low price compared to others and no-one is interested you just have to bite. Im quite fortunate in my save that United have bought Kane, City have Dybala, Arsenal have Icardi so they are all capable of providing stern tests in the coming seasons. I need Spurs to buy a transfer listed Belotti to replace Kane but they just aren't doing it!

haha yup agree with you on Huth and Albrighton, good comparison

Just won the community shield & European super cup both against Arsenal & going for 4 premier league titles in a row but a Man City team with Icardi,Kane, Higuain & Aguero will be my biggest threat 

I agree with all the talk about players etc.  just finished my 1st season.  Only 1st team signing was Belotti.  Won PL easily and champions league beating Real Madrid 9-0 at Anfield (yes 9-0 it is not a typo).  lost in final FA cup to Chelsea.

Now I would have thought it shouldn't be that easy.  They are a good side but players aren't THAT good.  Getting silly bids for all my players now as per posts above.  not using the 3 up top tactic either......I shouldn't complain about success though.....

Arse...I totally missed the fact that Firmino has a release clause!!  Both Madrid and Bayern have activated this just after I pissed him off by not offering a new contract!! I assume I will lose him so who to replace him with...Lemar looks good or should I buy English and get deli Alli??

1 hour ago, gmulv said:

Arse...I totally missed the fact that Firmino has a release clause!!  Both Madrid and Bayern have activated this just after I pissed him off by not offering a new contract!! I assume I will lose him so who to replace him with...Lemar looks good or should I buy English and get deli Alli??

There's only one better as a false 9 in season 2, and that's Dybala. You can thank me for alerting the researchers about this clause :p

17 hours ago, adamc81 said:

I had to write a novel as you dont seem to understand my basic points hence the detailed explanation.

I said lets assume with regards to understanding YOUR explanation of how the AI interprets performances, all those details happened in my save, the only assumption is based on YOUR perception and reasoning of how YOU described how FM acts, you have come up with no explanation on how you perceive it to be realistic that the AI spends a huge amount on an average player that they dont need; then doesn't play them and just transfer lists them within months. You keep going on about Salah and VVD IRL, these players were the best players at their previous clubs its pretty understandable why they got interest. In FM AI transfer logic a better comparison would be Liverpool over looking VVD and instead buying Shane Long for £60mil just because Southampton had a decent season; thats whats happening on my save with regards to my players. I have no problems in City or PSG wanting my best players, the point is they want my average easily replaceable ones that wouldnt even get a match with them and it makes the game far too easy.

I can't hold your hand and guide you through my points and views more than i already have. If you think selling interchangeable ageing squad players like Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Matip, Lallana and getting over £200mil plus combined for them by the 2nd season from Europe's elite is realistic then I need a pint of what your drinking :lol:, end of.

If you feel you have valid points, present the issue to SI by writing even longer novel and see what they respond. Good luck with that.

My point was simple. Players like VVD, Mendy and Salah were bought because they had good seasons at their respective clubs. They are not super stars, they were decent players having good season. And let me give you another example from real life. How much Liverpool sold Benteke for after he flopped? How much for Sakho? Were those fees unrealistic considering these players failed to impress and were unwanted? 

Why is it unrealistic to buy Shane Long for that money if he has a good season and scores goals? Lallana can be sold because he's English with reasonably high CA/PA and good attributes.

Now if players are bought and then not managed correctly, then that is an issue with AI squad management, not with AI transfers or the transfer system in general.

9 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

There's only one better as a false 9 in season 2, and that's Dybala. You can thank me for alerting the researchers about this clause :p

yes, he is the only player I really was not going to consider selling at any price!! Go figure, oh well at least it will give me a challenge to replace him..

22 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

and that is exactly who I replaced him with - was going to gofor Alli, then realised I couldget Dybala for 100m so I did that :)

5ac54c52e2ffd_vUnited.thumb.png.2983f3d250fe7dceaf24bc4054a6bb3d.png

God i love this guy, bought in the 1st season for 5mil, he always comes up with the goods when needed. Hatrick off the bench against United is just his latest brilliance

geubbels.thumb.png.484df6ea4d5bfdac21c7137c87af6704.png

And a product of the youth academy that i cant wait to develop; seems to have it all, already worth £9mil at 15yrds

regen.thumb.png.5849abd0dc99b29a32f3787abcf6cc55.png

3 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

15 yrds :D:D:D:D 

imagine him over 20 :p 

im hoping hes gonna keep me interested in the save that long :lol: fingers crossed. I have another really promising player, i just like his name too GreyGoose :D

Archived