FM18: Liverpool FC - Pace Abuse

cezar.sl

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, adamc81 said:

how quick would you guys throw a real good prospect into the 1st team squad, 16 to young? i usually do it when they are 17 on the cusp of 18 but yeah I have 15yrd that could be special.

16 and 17 always U19 and train them as much as I can. When there 18+ I look at where they can play the most games. U19, B team or first eleven or even on loan.

On 05/04/2018 at 09:07, Rooks said:

16 and 17 always U19 and train them as much as I can. When there 18+ I look at where they can play the most games. U19, B team or first eleven or even on loan.

cool thanks i think i'll give one the odd game time now and have them around the 1st team squad and the rest as you say and see how progression compares. Been an age since i've taken a Liverpool save into the 4th season, probably fm2015 so im out of practise bringing any prospects through.

On April 4, 2018 at 15:34, adamc81 said:

how quick would you guys throw a real good prospect into the 1st team squad, 16 to young? i usually do it when they are 17 on the cusp of 18 but yeah I have 15yrd that could be special.

I would playing him as a sub in home games occasionally. Bring him on 15-20 min at the end with "pressure is off" team talk and see how he does. Gradually I would give him more if he does well. Eventually I would start him in home games against easier opponents or cup games and tell him that I have faith in his abilities in the team talks. 

Season 4 is proving to be tougher as I have Man City & Chelsea breathing down my neck Chelsea are on top in feb but I have 2 games in hand City are level on pts but my GD is miles better for the 2nd season in a row been knocked out of the FA cup by a championship team so my run of consecutives titles could be over but I will fight till the end Milner who is 35 in my save is laying well he’s retiring at seasons end.

On 04/04/2018 at 23:13, adamc81 said:

5ac54c52e2ffd_vUnited.thumb.png.2983f3d250fe7dceaf24bc4054a6bb3d.png

God i love this guy, bought in the 1st season for 5mil, he always comes up with the goods when needed. Hatrick off the bench against United is just his latest brilliance

geubbels.thumb.png.484df6ea4d5bfdac21c7137c87af6704.png

And a product of the youth academy that i cant wait to develop; seems to have it all, already worth £9mil at 15yrds

regen.thumb.png.5849abd0dc99b29a32f3787abcf6cc55.png

Signed Geubbells off the back of your recommendation in the first January window (for around 8m at 16 years old), scored on his debut in the league cup semi final to become LFC's youngest ever goal scorer... big future

7 hours ago, samc44 said:

Signed Geubbells off the back of your recommendation in the first January window (for around 8m at 16 years old), scored on his debut in the league cup semi final to become LFC's youngest ever goal scorer... big future

He is probably the most consistent performer that i've ever had coming off the bench, the perfect backup player that you can just rely on when Firmino isn't producing or needs a rest. You just have to keep giving him game time and resist buying a megastar. I'm in January the 4th season, his attributes haven't improved a great deal from the screenshot but 14 goals, 9 assists in 16 starts and 13 sub appearances. He is my 2nd choice but my top goalscorer.

Another one - I like a bargain, Jadon Sancho from Dortmund got transfer listed and i snapped him up for £5.75mil end of the 1st season then loaned him out to Burnley. I sold Mane for £137mil  and didnt replace him thought i'd just give Sancho a go, well he just won the European golden boy, worth £55mil now, scores 15-20 goals from out wide, assists the same and he's my back up inside forward for either side.  Woodburn, Sancho and Sessegnon occasionally taking Manes role comfortably.

Im liking not buying the megastars and instead making them this save.

Wow I just sold Wijnaldum to Barca for 85m!!! Not a bad player but when I’m offered that much and he wanted to go I couldn’t say no!!! 

Going to give grujic a chance and see what happens. Can wants to go now as I refused his demands for a new co tract as I just have him one 6 months ago!!

and Danny Ings!! Oh my word he is keeping belotti out of my team. 32 goals last season and has started this season right where he finished the last. He is worth 60m and a regular started for England now!!

image.thumb.png.31e6789c3f68d36a8d4a32fa8092e18c.png

My planned team for my second season with LFC. I have already acquired De Vrij (free transfer), Fructl (15m), Sessegnon (18m) and Guebbels (6m).

I am currently close to winning the league in my first season, so should have a sizeable kitty for the summer window in order to sign Gian-Luca Itter, Mere, Lemar and Jorginho (or Diawara). Plus sales of several senior players to come.

Retraining Sessengon to Advanced playmaker, and a back up left back, i dont use wingers at home and he has all the attributes i like from my two offensive central midfilders, it will be an interesting development.

I want to maintain a young side without signing "superstars" (besides Lemar).

The Ox has been sensational in the AP(s) role, Salah has 20 goals and 20 assists overall with around 10 games left, Firmino has 17 goals and 11 assists and Mane has 18 goals and 10 assists. My front three have been devastating.

Finished my second season and won Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Club World Chamionship and the Community Shield.

Icardi and Firmino, both scored more than 50 goals.

Salah scored 22 goals and assisted 40 times.

Milinkovic Savic was also great with 15 goals as a central midfielder.

Now i' m preparing for Season 3.

Firmino will leave us  (an 137 000 000 Euro offer was too good to turn down) and will be replaced by Dybala (105 000 000 Euro) 

Into my 5th Season, won the title in my previous 4 whilst making a profit every transfer window. This season though i'm definitely in an uphill battle to retain. Still resisting buying the big stars with my max wage for a player is £200k.  A transfer listed Asensio for £60mil is the record signing, 2 and half years left on his £200k per week contract but going to have to sell if he wants an increase. Have £520mil in the bank as the board are planning for a new stadium which will hopefully mean they wont take a loan out for it. Close to the crossover point where some 1st teamers will be making way for the regens. Im hoping to stick with the save until the we are in the new stadium and then thats me done.

titlerace.png

After winning 4 titles in a row I’m facing a uphill battle to make it 5 in a row some players are coming to the end might start a mini re build in the 2 years phasing out older players for younger players 

4 hours ago, Gilberto Silva said:

Won the league in my first season somehow, but got knocked out of the First KO round of the CL to PSG. Aim to have a better run in Europe this season. 

Squad is as below:

Liverpool Season 2.JPG

How on earth did you get Pickford from Everton?

13 hours ago, gmulv said:

How on earth did you get Pickford from Everton?

They got relegated, I then unsettled him and picked him up for around £23m in the end.

I was expecting a fan backlash at trying to sign somebody from the local rivals like I recall in previous games but there was nothing negative at all. 

On April 16, 2018 at 07:10, coxy100 said:

Tempted to start a Liverpool season.  Does anyone know if Salah, Alexander-Arnold etc got a bump in the January update?  (i.e. to reflect their better potential from the start of the season)

Yes, Salah, Arnold and Firmino were improved. Robertson also, if I'm not mistaken.

Hi guys, 

I am in middle of season two, won league and f a cup in first season, although knocked out of champions league in last 16 by Napoli.

Most of original squad remains in tact - only really sold Klavan Sturridge and Mignolet, and bought Oblak and Lemar who are both doing well.

This season I'm a couple of points off Man U at top of league, so playing pretty well but I feel I'm relying too much on my front three for goals. Could anyone recommend a central midfielder who breaks from midfield and scores goals? I thought Lallana or Wijnaldum could do it but they just don't do it enough, whilst Keita hasn't scored yet, halfway through his first season with us. 

I play a 4-1-2-3 with a dm and two central midfielders, usually Can at Dm and Henderson and Keita in front as a b2b and advanced playmaker respectively - it would be one of those two roles I'd be looking to replace with a midfielder who could get me 6-10 goals a season if anyone knows of any?!

42 minutes ago, baros2011 said:

I play a 4-1-2-3 with a dm and two central midfielders, usually Can at Dm and Henderson and Keita in front as a b2b and advanced playmaker respectively - it would be one of those two roles I'd be looking to replace with a midfielder who could get me 6-10 goals a season if anyone knows of any?!

Dele Alli or Marco Asensio

2 hours ago, baros2011 said:

Hi guys, 

I am in middle of season two, won league and f a cup in first season, although knocked out of champions league in last 16 by Napoli.

Most of original squad remains in tact - only really sold Klavan Sturridge and Mignolet, and bought Oblak and Lemar who are both doing well.

This season I'm a couple of points off Man U at top of league, so playing pretty well but I feel I'm relying too much on my front three for goals. Could anyone recommend a central midfielder who breaks from midfield and scores goals? I thought Lallana or Wijnaldum could do it but they just don't do it enough, whilst Keita hasn't scored yet, halfway through his first season with us. 

I play Chamberlain at times in the middle of midfield as a mezalla and he scores a few, as well as Emre Can in the box-to-box role. 

7 hours ago, baros2011 said:

Hi guys, 

It really depends how the rest of the tactic is set up. 

So started a new save with the update, couldn't resist the increased potential of Woodburn, TAA and Gomez and the upgrades to Firmino and Salah.

Can't be bothered with a full write up so season 1 summary:
Won the PL on 86 pts - decided on the final day
Won the Caraboa Cup
Lost 4th round FA to Arsenal
Lost CL final to ManU - Firmino had stinker but a highlight was 7-1 drubbing of Barca at home in 1st leg of the semis

Players (Apps/goals/assists/rating)
Firmino - 53/44/23/7.66 - Star of the season, Won PL and CL golden boots yet lost POTY to Hazard...
Salah - 47/29/22/7.53 - Fantastic on both wings
Ox - 32(13)/15/29/7.48 - The third member of my 'big 3' - ridiculous amount of assists and outperformed Mane to start all the big games

Signings:
De ligt - Bedded him in, we all know he'll be a star, 1st choice next season I reckon
Arthur - Sort of a Coutinho replacement but more balanced as a CM(AP) (less attacking) with the front three doing the heavy lifting
Moise Kean - Deal in place for next season

Youngsters:
TAA - Slowly made RB his own over Gomez who had a few injuries
Gomez - Arguably better than TAA but injuries cost him, not sure where I'll play him next season
Woodburn - Alot of sub appearances, mostly LW but some CF, early in the season, gave him a run at AMC in my 2nd formation towards the end of the season and was impressive apart from giving the ball away a bit too much - Bigger role next season deputizing the front three and starting all cups
Solanke/Brewster - Both had 3.5-4.5 star rating which fluctuated during the season, small cameos in cups and got tutored, will loan them out next season otherwise no game time

Next season:
Not sure about signings, Kieta and Kean coming in mean the only position I really want to upgrade on is GK. Defence was surprisingly good and though I'd usually sell Lovern, he had better ratings than Van Dijk or Matip but a bit stacked at RB and CB with wanting to get Gomez gametime. 

Fekir is a good option, although he's poor in the air. I managed to get Dybala back on the original database for around £115m, who is an excellent false 9.

Although I'd be offering Firmino a new contract to see if you can try and keep him. You won't find another player like him.

4 hours ago, Beni150 said:

RM activated Firmino's 93.000.000 € clause and I don't know what False 9 to bring in, Woodburn is still too young. Any suggestions?

Get Dele Alli and retrain him. Try Gabriel Jesus from City. 

5 hours ago, yonko said:

Get Dele Alli and retrain him. Try Gabriel Jesus from City. 

I signed Alli for 70m after Firmino left. I must say he has been a revelation scoring on average a goal a game and an assist per game(almost).

trying to get Kane too but he just signed a new deal so may be too tricky at present!

4 hours ago, gmulv said:

I signed Alli for 70m after Firmino left. I must say he has been a revelation scoring on average a goal a game and an assist per game(almost).

trying to get Kane too but he just signed a new deal so may be too tricky at present!

Was that playing him at STC position? What role?

Just won the league for the 5th year in a row but this season was tough City was down my neck most of the season & Arsenal got relegated still have the Fa cup to win enjoying this save so far 

13 hours ago, Footygamer89YT said:

starting a save with Liverpool soon any advice on tactic's signings and so on would be very much appreciated 

you cant really go wrong with a 4231 and a more counter attacking 4-1-2-3 variations really to start. Mane and Salah on inside forward duty with Firmino in a false 9 and you're guaranteed goals. If you want bargains, Arthur for CM, De ligt for CB and Rajkovic in goal are good standouts to get early. My personal favourite is Geubbels up top for 5mil who is 16 but grabs you important goals from the get go. My advice though, use the existing squad for the 1st season, if you do well you can expect bids for Matip, Lovren, Moreno Lallana etc all for £50mil each and then can do a big squad rebuild. Also if Spurs are interested in your players try a little swap deal of say £40mil plus that player for a Kane or Alli, in my last 2 saves i've been able to get deals for both involving Moreno and Lallana going the other way.

7 hours ago, adamc81 said:

you cant really go wrong with a 4231 and a more counter attacking 4-1-2-3 variations really to start. Mane and Salah on inside forward duty with Firmino in a false 9 and you're guaranteed goals. If you want bargains, Arthur for CM, De ligt for CB and Rajkovic in goal are good standouts to get early. My personal favourite is Geubbels up top for 5mil who is 16 but grabs you important goals from the get go. My advice though, use the existing squad for the 1st season, if you do well you can expect bids for Matip, Lovren, Moreno Lallana etc all for £50mil each and then can do a big squad rebuild. Also if Spurs are interested in your players try a little swap deal of say £40mil plus that player for a Kane or Alli, in my last 2 saves i've been able to get deals for both involving Moreno and Lallana going the other way.

Cheers mate

Decided to give it another game with LFC. Had success the last time, decided to start over after doing to much transfers business in the 2018 transfers window. Lost a bit of joy with that.

so playing a 4-2-3-1 gegenpressing style. which suits the team well. 

Transfers:

ih8odg.png

Didn't wanted to much, but needed a quality striker who were capable to bang in goals. Belloti is the perfect match, with the support of Firmino just behind him. 

Premier League:

2hoikpd.png

A aboslute awesome season from my side. Playing some beautiful football and scoring a lot of goals. The defeats came after the title was secured , playing with the "b-team" before important Champion League quarter and semi finals. Belotti was awesome , scoring 43 goals in the league and 77 in total!

And as you see, Newcastle finished in 3rd. And both Mourinho and Guardiola was sacked by february!

ixzbzm.png

Carabao Cup:

I never regard this tournament , playing with the first team squad players and youth prospects.  But they did quite well. Won the final 3-2 after extra time against Tottenham. Did field my best team that game. The funny thing in the final was that Michel Vorm was injured in the 105th minute and Spurs had no subs left. So played with Harry Kane in the goal the rest of the match.

amsk6e.png

The player who impressed most in this tournament was Liam Millar. Will try to develop him further.

wr05e8.png

FA Cup:

Another trophy back to the Anfield cabinet. The other big teams had a horrible tournament, leaving us with Bournemouth, West Ham and Middlesbrough in semi finals. Middlesbrough that we just manage to beat at Wembley.

dy801j.png

Champions League:

For the 6th times! Got a tough group with RB Leipzig, Napoli and Barcelona. But was easier than expected. Over home record was vital, and big wins at Anfield made us to the final. Since we lost all the away legs against Porto, Juventus and Bayern. 

Won the final 2-0 against Atletico.

2d9b6fs.png

On 4/22/2018 at 13:31, adamc81 said:

who would you get and or play in CAM

31 minutes ago, Footygamer89YT said:

who would you get and or play in CAM

I used to play Firminho here as I play with a DLF, and he got loads of goals, Lallana was back up.  Since Madrid triggered his clause and I've had big money given to me for both moreno and wjanaldum I now have Alli and dybala playing CAM. both of them have hit 20+ this season and that rotating them as well.....

On 25. 4. 2018 at 08:36, glenn28 said:

6 in a row is getting hard I’m 7 pts behind Man City in dec of season 6 after losing 3 of 4 games but will fight to the end 

What formations and instructions do you use? Good luck

Well I’m in April of season 6 what a comeback in Feb I was 9 pts behind Utd now I’ve gone ontop first time in 6 months if I don’t win it it means I’ll go trophy less for the first time in this save as I’ve lost in the league cup final to Utd also out of the champions league & Fa cup I have a ageing squad will need to replace some players slowly have 4 players in their 30s & Belotti is 29 so I may struggle weather I make it 6 in a row or not after this season 

Just started a LFC save, with my main focus being youth. So far I've signed Matthijs de Ligt for £10.25m, Kasper Dolberg for £17m and Lucas Torreira for £22.5m. With Ragnar Klavan going on loan to Deportivo for £2m for the season.

I'm currently sitting 3rd after 11 games, 2 point behind leaders Man City, and top of my CL group on 7 points after 4 games. I will be delighted if I make it out of this group of death with Atletico Madrid, Napoli and RB Leipzig. Chelsea knocked me out of the League Cup in the 4th round in  a narrow 2-1 defeat but at least that'll allow me to focus on the League and Champions League. 

As long as I can finish in the top 4 this season I'll be happy, as I never set any massive expectations in the first season, as long as I can improve the squad and bring in players that I want to be there I'll be happy.

Will provide a better update after the January transfer window and hopefully still be in a good position in the league!

Archived