FM18: Liverpool FC - Pace Abuse

cezar.sl

3 minutes ago, Gegenklaus said:

Firmino and Salah has become incredible good. You could easily retrain Firmino to be the new Coutinho. He is so complete. I am playing with Liverpool in the new update, using a high pressing 4-1-4-1 and I do not miss Coutinho for one second. I just splashed out a huge sum for Alli. :)

I think we've won 8 out of 11 games irl since Coutinho left

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

I think we've won 8 out of 11 games irl since Coutinho left

Yeah. Oxlade looks promising if you ask me. 5 assist and counting. Hopefully Lallana gets back to form soon so he Can start challenging for a starting spot although Milner has surprises. I just pray that Firmino doesnt get injured

17 minutes ago, Gegenklaus said:

Yeah. Oxlade looks promising if you ask me. 5 assist and counting. Hopefully Lallana gets back to form soon so he Can start challenging for a starting spot although Milner has surprises. I just pray that Firmino doesnt get injured

Agree with all that. Big fan of Milner too

42 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Agree with all that. Big fan of Milner too

Aslong as he isn't playing the holding role in the midfield - imo he came short when he replaced Can in the home game against City. Other than that he has been impressive - especially when having the freedom to go forward and support the attack. Despite his age he is a very dynamic player. :)

New Liverpool save after the winter update, this is my tactic:

wanla8.png

Transfer targets are: 3 central midfielders as all-round as can be! Thinking about Milinkovic-Savic (off course!!) but he's 60M now and you have Keita at the end of the season , so maybe a talented loanee is an option.. And I would like a future world-class goalie (Donnarumma, Lafont) and left-back (Grimaldo, Gaya)

Ángel Correa, before the update, got transfer listed and made available for around £15m. Has happened on each of my 3 saves; I got soft Brexit twice. Absolute bargain to develop at CM, Advanced Playmaker

.5a9e62cff2147_ScreenShot2018-03-06at09_42_42.thumb.png.4d30ef267c9942159f721d63c2e10925.png 5a9e6393adbe2_ScreenShot2018-03-06at09_45_50.thumb.png.8e5261240702f5c4f05c3984aa3cf534.png

Sam Field, around £30m. 19, solid all round attributes. A lot like Jordan Henderson really. Sent him on loan to guarantee first team football.

5a9e6320d5902_ScreenShot2018-03-06at09_43_57.thumb.png.cb2c5db96b8eefcb458ff8bb8affc6b4.png5a9e639abbc21_ScreenShot2018-03-06at09_46_10.thumb.png.133c73a3397b46087b4aaa8f555687bc.png

Just started with new update. Used all coutinho money to sign Kane. Spurs replaced him with danny ings lol. Currently at christmas in season 1. Kane as 29goals in 19 league games. 39goals in 26 games overall. I am 2points clear at top. Spurs are 16th 

I managed to get him on loan for my Liverpool and Roma teams. He is immense from the off and they are willing to loan him for two seasons at a time which in time builds his like for the club and potentially causing him to want to quit Bayern for a cheaper price. In my Roma save they quoted me 98million HAHAHA.

Other than him Timo Horn for 12 million is an absolute steal. My number one at Liverpool for 7 seasons straight, rejecting bids of 40 million upwards.

Finished season 1 won the league by a pt from city but lost both the league & Fa cup finals lost in the Q/f of the champions league Firmino scored over 30 goals have signed Belotti gonna play firmino behind Belotti 

On 3/9/2018 at 02:55, glenn28 said:

Coutinho is still listed in the opening & VVD hasn't been added the thread creator is never active 

Apology on behalf of all Liverpool fans for him. He wanted the distinction of creating the thread - not maintaining it.

On topic; have anyone managed to get VVD to visibly improve? The Southampton researcher left a parting gift of '5' for professionalism for this guy. It's Andy Carroll all over again.

Does anyone has further experiences with Adam Lallana?

I'm at the end of the first season and he came back after months of injury. He made 2 games and then he was out for more than 2 months again. After bis recovery but before bis first match he was injured again and out for another 3 weeks.

Now i don't know what to do with him. Shall i keep him (he has great stats) or shall i try to sell him as fast as i can?

2 hours ago, Sisamom said:

Does anyone has further experiences with Adam Lallana?

I'm at the end of the first season and he came back after months of injury. He made 2 games and then he was out for more than 2 months again. After bis recovery but before bis first match he was injured again and out for another 3 weeks.

Now i don't know what to do with him. Shall i keep him (he has great stats) or shall i try to sell him as fast as i can?

During the last week of his injury seet him to weeks rest, otherwise he does light training and that is likely whats causing him to have recurring injuries.

5 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

Apology on behalf of all Liverpool fans for him. He wanted the distinction of creating the thread - not maintaining it.

On topic; have anyone managed to get VVD to visibly improve? The Southampton researcher left a parting gift of '5' for professionalism for this guy. It's Andy Carroll all over again.

To be fair his professionalism was low during the transfer saga, BUT the fact is what makes it annoying is how professionalism works in FM. Just because he is unprofessional regarding transfers doesnt mean he is unprofessional when it comes to his self development. 

If it was me i would of set his PROF. to 10-12 max but his controversy 13-15.

6 hours ago, craigd84 said:

During the last week of his injury seet him to weeks rest, otherwise he does light training and that is likely whats causing him to have recurring injuries.

To be fair his professionalism was low during the transfer saga, BUT the fact is what makes it annoying is how professionalism works in FM. Just because he is unprofessional regarding transfers doesnt mean he is unprofessional when it comes to his self development. 

You're exactly right my friend.  Because of VVD's outrageously low professionalism he'll now probably never reach the rest of his PA. And if he gets a long-term injury and loses CA because of it, he won't get that back through training. Would love for someone with an in-game editor to tell me otherwise.

VVD is still a mighty fine defender on FM, but for now we're left wondering 'what could have been' for this fine athlete.  

32 minutes ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

You're exactly right my friend.  Because of VVD's outrageously low professionalism he'll now probably never reach the rest of his PA. And if he gets a long-term injury and loses CA because of it, he won't get that back through training. Would love for someone with an in-game editor to tell me otherwise.

VVD is still a mighty fine defender on FM, but for now we're left wondering 'what could have been' for this fine athlete.  

I have to be honest... he looks pretty good on my game. It looks like he's improved.

I

13 hours ago, craigd84 said:

I think in terms of FM personality, his behavior at Southampton should not affect his professionalism.  Instead it should be reflected in him being very ambitious with high levels of controversy and low levels of loyalty.  

On the topic of professionalism, I've started a save where I try to make my side as professional as possible.

I had my eye on Kompany and Florenzi (both Model Citizens) with regards to a career of tutoring. Florenzi won't budge from Roma, but managed to sign Kompany for £20m in season two.

So far, both Gomez and Arnold are now model citizens as well as a couple of newgens. I have Kane and Rulli  (Model Professional) and Zobnin (highly versatile Model Professional) tutoring the rest of the youths in the squad. It's really enjoyable and makes a big difference to the squad - I'd recommend it as a save.

The only thing I can't make up my mind on is Perfectionists... their low temperament really puts me off, but I know they're professional. I've avoided them for now.

On 10/11/2017 at 04:46, cezar.sl said:

SQUAD

Goalkeepers

Simon Mignolet

Stats : summervsFM17 | Rating : ★★★★★ | Home Grown Status : No
    Recommendation : Average keeper. Keep until you buy a new No.1
    Notes : Good tutor

Loris Karius

Recommendation : Easier to sell than Mignolet
    Notes

Danny Ward

Stats : summervsFM17 | Rating : ★★★★ | Home Grown Status : Nation
    Recommendation : Not good enough and too old to develop. Sell
    Notes

Fullbacks

Nathaniel Clyne

Stats : summervsFM17 | Rating : ★★★★★ | Home Grown Status : Nation
    Recommendation : Good defensive fullback. Have him unlearn the attacking PPMs he has
    Notes :  Starts the game injured for 5-6 months

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Stats : summervsFM17 | Rating : ★★★ | Home Grown Status : Club
    Recommendation : Future start. By the time Clyne recovers he will be above him
    Notes : Have Henderson/Milner tutor him asap

Jon Flanagan

Stats : summervsFM17 | Rating : ★★ | Home Grown Status : Club
    Recommendation : Sell in January
    Notes : Injury prone

Alberto Moreno

Stats : summervsFM17 | Rating : ★★★ | Home Grown Status : No
    Recommendation : Great attacking left back. Keep until you get a nice regen
    Notes

Andrew Robertson

Recommendation : Good rotation option. Moreno wins on physical stats
    Notes
Center Backs

Joël Matip

Recommendation : Good but not great. Keep
    Notes

Dejan Lovren

Recommendation : Keep for one year, then try to get some big money from China
    Notes : Inconsistent and complains a lot

Ragnar Klavan

Stats : summervsFM17 | Rating : ★★★★ | Home Grown Status : No
    Recommendation : Can do a job. Keep until next summer

Joe Gomez

Stats : summervsFM17 | Rating : ★★★ | Home Grown Status : Nation / Club in 2018
    Recommendation : Great prospect, but injury prone
    Notes

Midfielders

Jordan Henderson

Recommendation : Does a good job, but will never be the most important player on the pitch
    Notes : Solves any teammates unhappiness like he's MiB. Great tutor

Adam Lallana

Recommendation : Versatile. Great technicals. Keep until contract ends
    Notes : Starts the game injured for 4-5 months. Good tutor

Emre Can

Recommendation : Average keeper. Sell if you have the opportunity.
    Notes : Only one year left on contract

Roberto Firmino

Recommendation : Too slow to be a forward, retrain to CM
    Notes

James Milner

Recommendation : Retrain to RB and use a sub
    Notes : Great tutor, but complains a lot

Georginio Wijnaldum

Recommendation : Versatile. Probably better than Can due to pace
    Notes

Marko Grujic

Recommendation : Average. Takes to many shots. Loan until his value rises enough to sell
    Notes

Ben Woodburn

Recommendation : Retrain to CM to take over from Firmino
    Notes

Forwards

Sadio Mané
    Recommendation : Star player. Keep. 

Philippe Coutinho

Recommendation : Best player at the club. Keep forever
    Notes : Try to make him unlearn "Shots From Distance"

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Recommendation : Good player. Can play both wings. Can be retained to CM.
    Notes : Can be tutored by Milner to improve personality. Injury prone

Divock Origi

Recommendation : Got nerfed hard since last year. Try to sell.
    Notes : On loan at Wolfsburg for the season

Lazar Markovic

Stats : summervsFM17 | Rating : ★★★★ | Home Grown Status : No
    Recommendation : Has good potential, but won't fulfill it. Sell.
    Notes : Inconsistent. Injury prone.

Mohamed Salah

Recommendation : Deadly in the right system. Keep.
    Notes : Some of his PPMs make him quite limited

Daniel Sturridge

Recommendation : Great player but will only decline. Keep until contract expires unless he gets a bad injury.
    Notes : Injury Prone

Danny Ings

Recommendation : Slow and too bad compared to Sturidge. Sell
    Notes : Injury Prone

Harry Wilson

Recommendation : Great prospect. Get him tutored and give him some games
    Notes : Train his physicals as hard as you can
Youth

Kamil Grabara               Stats : summer | Rating : ★★★★★
Conor Masterson          Stats : summer | Rating : ★★★★
Cameron Brannagan   Stats : summer | Rating : ★★★★
Ovie Ejaria                       Stats : summer | Rating : ★★★★★
Herbie Kane                    Stats : summer  | Rating : ★★★★
Liam Coyle                      Stats : summer  | Rating : ★★★★
Edvard Tagseth              Stats : summer  | Rating : ★★★★★
Curtis Jones                     Stats : summer  | Rating : ★★★★★
Ryan Kent                        Stats : summer  | Rating : ★★★★
Sheyi Ojo                         Stats : summer  | Rating : ★★★★★
Yan Dhanda                    Stats : summer  | Rating : ★★★★★
Bobby Adekanye           Stats : summer  | Rating : ★★★★
Rhian Brewster             Stats : summer  | Rating : ★★★★★
Dominic Solanke           Stats : summer  | Rating : ★★★★★

You need to remove Coutinho & add VVD also the ones who have left & gone on loan 

Hi all, starting my fist Liverpool save in a long time. Quick opinion needed on Woodburn, better off to train him up as a IF behind Firmino or start him as a C.F. which means not signing a young player like Solberg, Gomez or Dembele?

2 hours ago, muy8781 said:

Hi all, starting my fist Liverpool save in a long time. Quick opinion needed on Woodburn, better off to train him up as a IF behind Firmino or start him as a C.F. which means not signing a young player like Solberg, Gomez or Dembele?

He can do a fine job both as IF and AMC/ST. I play Firmino as a false 9, and there’s no better teenage striker in the game to study that role than Woodburn - he already have 14 for both passing and creativity. 

8 hours ago, muy8781 said:

One of my old saves he became a world class AML clubs like Real Madrid & Barcelona made bids for him 

Finally managed to get starting on a new Liverpool game with the new patch, after som tactic testing. Playing a 4-2-3-1 gegenpressing style. Didn't wanted to do much transfers the first season, but needed a quality striker , because i wanter to use Firmino in as a advanced playmaker. 

Transfer In:

28.06.17 Andrea Belotti (Torino) - £67m

Transfer Out:

03.07.17 Adam Bogdan (Shakhtar) - £2.8m
30.07.17 Ragnar Klavan (Paris SG) - £5.75m
01.08.17 Jordan William (Fleetwood) - Loan
08.01.18 Danny Ings (Watford) - Loan
27.01.18 Danny Ward (Bradford City) - Loan

What a seson! Was hoping for top 4, but the team played awesome from start to finish. Won the Premier League easily with 95 points, scoring 121 goals!

9jqhpt.png

Played my b-team in the Carabao Cup and were knock out by Manchester United away with a 3-0 loss. But got revenge when we meet them in the FA Cup Final with a 4-1 victory. 

Was really excited to be back in the Champions League. A was so close! Made it to the semi finals but Chelsea knocked us out on away goals. Lost 3-0 away after two late goals. And did a amazing game at Anfield, winning 4-1 but that wasn't enough. 

But really recommend Andre Belotti. He is a beast in from of goal. Beating Roger Hunts record, scoring 43 goals in the league!

140i3ci.jpg

3 hours ago, matsnor21 said:

Finally managed to get starting on a new Liverpool game with the new patch, after som tactic testing. Playing a 4-2-3-1 gegenpressing style. Didn't wanted to do much transfers the first season, but needed a quality striker , because i wanter to use Firmino in as a advanced playmaker. 

Transfer In:

Transfer Out:

What a seson! Was hoping for top 4, but the team played awesome from start to finish. Won the Premier League easily with 95 points, scoring 121 goals!

9jqhpt.png

Played my b-team in the Carabao Cup and were knock out by Manchester United away with a 3-0 loss. But got revenge when we meet them in the FA Cup Final with a 4-1 victory. 

Was really excited to be back in the Champions League. A was so close! Made it to the semi finals but Chelsea knocked us out on away goals. Lost 3-0 away after two late goals. And did a amazing game at Anfield, winning 4-1 but that wasn't enough. 

But really recommend Andre Belotti. He is a beast in from of goal. Beating Roger Hunts record, scoring 43 goals in the league!

140i3ci.jpg

Everyone keeps saying how good belotti is. I signed him this time with my new save (normally go for Dybala) to see how he would do, got him straight away. We are now in December and he has scored only 4 goals!! I thought maybe it’s tactical or his role but Dybala in the same role last save was 30+ a season and woodburn gets 20+. I’m hoping he just needs time to settle in!!

On 3/11/2018 at 11:49, glenn28 said:

Finished season 1 won the league by a pt from city but lost both the league & Fa cup finals lost in the Q/f of the champions league Firmino scored over 30 goals have signed Belotti gonna play firmino behind Belotti 

can you post a screenshot with Firmino's playing instructions?

Started a new Liverpool save on the latest update having won everything I can with Tranmere on a previous save.

Here are my transfer dealings from the summer 17 window.

392e3d889a58d9a27a0ed6482c963239.png

As a result, my squad is looking like so-

GK - Jack Butland, Danny Ward

CB - Dejan Lovren, Virgil Van Dijk, Daniele Rugani, Kalidou Koulibaly, Joel Matip

FB - Trent Alexander-Arnold, Nathaniel Clyne, Joe Gomez, Andrew Robertson

CM - James Milner, Jordan Henderson, Emre Can, Georginio Wijnaldum, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Lallana

ST/Wing - Sadio Mane, Mo Salah, Roberto Firmino, Danny Ings, Dominic Solanke, Andrea Belotti

My plan is to play a 5-2-3 with wingbacks though I'm undecided on the 3 striker approach or the IF approach.

22 hours ago, GREEKkOPITE said:

can you post a screenshot with Firmino's playing instructions?

I play him as a CF support in season 1 now I have signed Belotti I play him behind as a AP support 

On 3/17/2018 at 03:06, matsnor21 said:

Transfer In:

Transfer Out:

9jqhpt.png

140i3ci.jpg

Mind sharing the tactic?

Ok guys..

Attached is a picture of a players stats, he played the whole season as an Attacking Midfield Right, Inside Forward, he is now worth 66mil and won most awards he could in that one season.

Firstly, how did he go stat wise? And who is he?

You should get this player ASAP!

AMR_Inside_Forward_Attack.JPG

6 hours ago, eastley said:

Ok guys..

Attached is a picture of a players stats, he played the whole season as an Attacking Midfield Right, Inside Forward, he is now worth 66mil and won most awards he could in that one season.

Firstly, how did he go stat wise? And who is he?

You should get this player ASAP!

AMR_Inside_Forward_Attack.JPG

TAA?

30 minutes ago, eastley said:

Yup.

He is a machine as an Inside Forward, he is now fully trained (bright Green) for a winger, but his inside forward is still Orange.

Hmm, food for thought I need another inside forward

9 hours ago, eastley said:

He just won best player in Europe, beating Lewan and Messi.

TAA.JPG

I call BS on this screenshot. A £76M valuation of TAA - at 20 years old - is not possible unless you boosted his CA with an editor. Why don`t you retrain VVD as targetman while you`re at it and make him score +20 league goals in a season - that would be more impressive.

I keep falling in and out with this game and having another go because I have youth players coming through that look exciting and I played a 16 year old GK and three 18 year olds in the FA Cup against Bromley and one scored six and the midfield player of his generation (apparently) scored five.

Games played so far as below and despite this Man Utd are only just behind me but hopefully we will come through.

I decided to keep as many players as possible and one of best has been Mignolet as he is still first choice and Woodburn is excellent and plays every week as does Matip, TAA, Moreno/Robertson, Gomez, Can, Firmino, Keita, Wilson and I still have a few of the other guys tutoring etc.

Hopefully I can stay in love with the game a bit longer.

I don't post often but the Liverpool forum seems quiet and I thought why not.

image.thumb.png.172d91a7fb5accd9fad384efc0650072.png

39 minutes ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

I call BS on this screenshot. A £76M valuation of TAA - at 20 years old - is not possible unless you boosted his CA with an editor. Why don`t you retrain VVD as targetman while you`re at it and make him score +20 league goals in a season - that would be more impressive.

Call it what you wish, but I am using the winter update and this is how he developed. You're quite welcome to do it yourself, just play him every game as an inside forward, re-train him in same position and this is what happened. I do not know his CA or even PA.

9 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

No one cares what you think. Stop acting childish here. Player's price depends on a lot of things, not just his CA. 

Real life stopped me from playing the game, but I've finally loaded up a save following the winter update, Firmino and Salah look amazing with their stats boosted, whilst the other changes mostly seem to be to the youth players. I've decided to go with three different variations on the 4-2-3-1 after spending a lot of my other saves trying to get a 4-3-3 working with varying levels of success. I'll post them below along with the 5 youth prospects I'm going to be trying to build the future around, unless the youth intake gives me something amazing,  Also when it comes to buying players, unless someone is a massive upgrade on what I have, I'll be looking to use the youth players to bolster the squad. 

Screenshot 2018-03-24 00.12.37.png

Screenshot 2018-03-24 00.14.25.png

Screenshot 2018-03-24 00.14.42.png

Screenshot 2018-03-24 00.15.33.png

Screenshot 2018-03-24 00.15.22.png

Screenshot 2018-03-24 00.15.15.png

Screenshot 2018-03-24 00.15.10.png

Screenshot 2018-03-24 00.15.06.png

16 hours ago, cyborgscouse said:

Real life stopped me from playing the game, but I've finally loaded up a save following the winter update, Firmino and Salah look amazing with their stats boosted, whilst the other changes mostly seem to be to the youth players. I've decided to go with three different variations on the 4-2-3-1 after spending a lot of my other saves trying to get a 4-3-3 working with varying levels of success. I'll post them below along with the 5 youth prospects I'm going to be trying to build the future around, unless the youth intake gives me something amazing,  Also when it comes to buying players, unless someone is a massive upgrade on what I have, I'll be looking to use the youth players to bolster the squad. 

Screenshot 2018-03-24 00.12.37.png

Screenshot 2018-03-24 00.14.25.png

Screenshot 2018-03-24 00.14.42.png

I suspect that you will have problems playing Attacking/Fluid with both IFs on Attack and DLF on Attack as well......especially against teams that sit deep and defend. I would drop all three on Support. What is the idea with this set up anyway?

The CAR role is best used in narrow midfield tactic without M/AM out wide. I would change that to regular CM-D considering your Attacking Mentality approach and because you use two CWBs

Your second tactic, the Control one, is more balanced. Just pay attention to the VOL on Attack if he gets caught out. 

For the third one I would definitely recommend changing him to Support. 

Who do you plan to use as VOL? Hendo? Don't use Can for that role - he lacks Acceleration and may struggle to cover/go up and down. Hendo and Ginny would be my choice.

Hmmm... not sure what to do.

I played a save before the update and in three-and-a-bit seasons won three PL (including 100+ points in first season and unbeaten in second), three CL and a few other things.

I got bored and started a new save with update, bought Kane for £105m, got 100+ points and lost in CL final (Kane injured).

I'm not trying to show off, but I really want to carry on playing (as I'm redundant, so have loads of time on my hands), but I don't want to play as anyone but Liverpool, but it's just too easy.

Any ideas?

Archived