Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
cezar.sl

FM18: Liverpool FC - Pace Abuse

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cyborgscouse said:

He's got the same finishing on my save, I've left him in the under 18's for my first season.

Just had my Regen take, here's the top 3 players to come in

Screenshot 2018-01-27 20.33.04.png

Screenshot 2018-01-27 20.33.11.png

Screenshot 2018-01-27 20.33.19.png

oh i would have loved LuaLua as i play with a false nine and rarely find any new gen naturals in that position that can be top end. nothing like bringing your own guys through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still in the transfer window following my 2nd season. Heynckes retired at Bayern and Bayern want me as head coach. Obviously I turned them down. I'm not leaving Liverpool. Anyone else gotten offers to coach elsewhere that early? I guess winning the league back to back really makes me that valuable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So end of my first season, and from my mid season review it should go without saying that we won the league in our first season, and as you can see quite easily too in the end. We broke our own total points record and the record for the league too, we also broke the record for the most wins in a league season with 32 as well. That being said we were nowhere near an all conquering team, and we fell short in the three cup competitions, and as you can see in the champions league we were destroyed by Real Madrid. We had them at 1-1 half time in the first leg but just fell apart in the second and conceded another 4 goals which meant we were never turning that around. That being said getting to the semi finals was something that we weren't expected to do, so we have to take that into consideration as well for how well I did this season, seeing as my only real buy was VVD. 

My top three players were naturally Firmino, Mane and Salah who all came close to 30 goals each in all competitions, and I think they might have if it wasn't for them picking up injuries throughout the season they kept them out 1 -4 months each throughout the season, at one point all three of them were injured at the same time, which wasn't the best thing to happen to me. Sturridge bagged 17 goals in all competitions and only really started to play around the Christmas period so that was something I guess, But senior squad wise no one really stepped up enough for me to be overly pleased with them, Coutinho wasn't that great if I'm honest 7 goals and 11 assists from the AMC position wasn't as good as I thought he'd be for be, so I'm not too sure if there will be a change in formation considering he won't be replacing Mane as my AML inside forward, and I dont really want to have to sell either of them so I'm not too sure what will happen yet.

We have Keita coming in, with the transfer already being arranged when the game starts, but I'll be looking at other places to improve my team as well. Woodburn is the second choice for the AML spot, so I'll probably be looking at someone to rotate in the AMR spot whilst nurturing the youth players and seeing what happens there. 

When it comes to youth players, Gomez and Woodburn were the stand out ones for me this season, and they're posted below. Looking at Gomez especially he's going to be VVD's partner in the coming season, his 7.30 rating is only bettered by VVD's 7.36 when it comes to my defence. 

Screenshot 2018-01-28 14.32.09.png

Screenshot 2018-01-28 14.35.22.png

Screenshot 2018-01-28 14.36.02.png

Screenshot 2018-01-28 14.36.28.png

Screenshot 2018-01-28 14.39.30.png

Screenshot 2018-01-28 14.39.46.png

Screenshot 2018-01-28 14.40.06.png

Screenshot 2018-01-28 14.43.42.png

Screenshot 2018-01-28 14.44.14.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2018 at 14:12, Torresinho said:

Manchester City : PLD 36 PTS 81

Liverpool : PLD 35 PTS 79

And then ...

anms8p.png

There's nothing more satisfying in destroying Man City, Man U, or Arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won the league & FA cup in season was gonna wait for the March update but decided to do a 4th season since I have a good team now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

holding off starting a new game until the post transfer update is out. Looks as if we are going to need some serious attacking reinforcements. Hoping Solanke gets a little stat boost but cant say his performances in real life really warrant it even though he is getting game time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mid-season 18/19, looking for a good, creative winger. Monaco wants £150m for Lemar, while Forsberg is transfer listed for £87m and Pulisic has a £68m release clause. Is Pulisic worth it? The cheapest, youngest and probably best of the bunch, but prices gone crazy!

Did someone signed someone better?

Edited by TheJanitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheJanitor said:

Mid-season 18/19, looking for a good, creative winger. Monaco wants £150m for Lemar, while Forsberg is transfer listed for £87m and Pulisic has a £68m release clause. Is Pulisic worth it? The cheapest, youngest and probably best of the bunch, but prices gone crazy!

Did someone signed someone better?

I went crazy and went all in Thomas Lemar. I am trying to implement a Guardiolesque style of play in my save, and in Lemar I saw a promising new De Bruyne. He has been astonishing for me. Also, he is left footed, so adds depth to the wing if Salah is in bad form or injured. Also Lemar makes the team more dangerous on set pieces - which is something the squad really lacks. AND: He is only 21 (22, probably in the second season) and and and and ... dont forget his excellent ppm's - cuts inside from both wings and gets into oppositions area. I can only recommend him. 

Pulisic is also very good. Had him on my Dortmund save. He is two footed -  well nearly - and natural in a lot of positions. So He can definetely be worth it. 

Edited by Gegenklaus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheJanitor said:

Mid-season 18/19, looking for a good, creative winger. Monaco wants £150m for Lemar, while Forsberg is transfer listed for £87m and Pulisic has a £68m release clause. Is Pulisic worth it? The cheapest, youngest and probably best of the bunch, but prices gone crazy!

Did someone signed someone better?

Dybala up front, with Lemar just behind = cheat mode :)

 

both worth every penny.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2018 at 09:59, cyborgscouse said:

Can we just look at this sponorship deal, 6 years £300m

Screenshot 2018-01-28 14.58.26.png

What formation did you use in that first season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gegenklaus @gmulv thanks for the input, definitely like to sign Lemar but I just can't justify shelling out £150m for him. Maybe I'll try and get him unhappy.

On another note:

bZz7VUd.png

Lethal trio :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TheJanitor said:

@Gegenklaus @gmulv thanks for the input, definitely like to sign Lemar but I just can't justify shelling out £150m for him. Maybe I'll try and get him unhappy.

On another note:

bZz7VUd.png

Lethal trio :D

FM is real life! Is it the vertical football 4-3-3 tactic from your post you are using? 

Maybe go for Pulisic, as he offers something else than what Salah and Mane does. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Gegenklaus said:

FM is real life! Is it the vertical football 4-3-3 tactic from your post you are using? 

Maybe go for Pulisic, as he offers something else than what Salah and Mane does. :) 

Haven't really got it to work, I struggled so much with getting things right with Firmino, Salah and Mane in a 433.

Currently playing a 442 with 2 DMs, Salah and Firmino upfront as AF/a and DLF/s and Mane plays right as an IW/a with Lallana as a WP/a on the left side. Basically I want someone to rotate/replace Lallana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheJanitor said:

Haven't really got it to work, I struggled so much with getting things right with Firmino, Salah and Mane in a 433.

Currently playing a 442 with 2 DMs, Salah and Firmino upfront as AF/a and DLF/s and Mane plays right as an IW/a with Lallana as a WP/a on the left side. Basically I want someone to rotate/replace Lallana.

Ah I see. Lallana is a hard one to replace. I love him in FM because He is so complete. And his work rate/team work - and stamina - makes him quite unique. 

What about using Woodburn? As I recall He got the stats for a promising playmaker. Not left-footed though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gegenklaus said:

Ah I see. Lallana is a hard one to replace. I love him in FM because He is so complete. And his work rate/team work - and stamina - makes him quite unique. 

What about using Woodburn? As I recall He got the stats for a promising playmaker. Not left-footed though. 

Yes very hard to replace, especially in a hard-pressing system. Thought about Woodburn, developing very well and prefered foot isn't much of an issue for me, but I see him in a more advanced role, maybe a future AF/a.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TheJanitor said:

Yes very hard to replace, especially in a hard-pressing system. Thought about Woodburn, developing very well and prefered foot isn't much of an issue for me, but I see him in a more advanced role, maybe a future AF/a.

Then I would go for Pulisic. He has the stats to become a great playmaker - needs better composure and decision but He is my best guess to become a new Lallana. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blob.thumb.png.8c207ade7adde9170177ddde293ad235.png

I'm midway through the second season and Woodburn has been a beast for me, been playing predominately as an IF on the left and he's just tore it up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who's a good replacement for Coutinho? I play him AMC as an Advanced playmaker and he doesn't perform well. Salah and Mane are playing great on the wings so I don't want to use him as an IF. Thinking to sell him and get someone else. I'm thinking Marco Asensio or Dele Alli...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nazdroid said:

Who's a good replacement for Coutinho? I play him AMC as an Advanced playmaker and he doesn't perform well. Salah and Mane are playing great on the wings so I don't want to use him as an IF. Thinking to sell him and get someone else. I'm thinking Marco Asensio or Dele Alli...

For someone closer to typical playmaker go for Asensio, if you want someone who play it like Stevie G sign Alli. I think Isco tends to get listed as well, worth a punt maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alli as Coutinho replacement and promote his idol Gerrard as assistant manager. He'll be inspired.

 

Asensio has got the highest potential of the two, but he lack consistency and may get overrun if you move him down to central midfield (due to his lack of marking and aggression). With Alli there are zero weaknesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally decided on my WP/a:

HBiUHRM.png

A bit out of left field, but when I saw he was unhappy at Barca and available for £12.5 I deceided that he fits perfectly. Not as hard-working as Lallana but quicker, stronger has a better touch and equal at spoting and making a pass at the age of 21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 23:02, Nazdroid said:

Who's a good replacement for Coutinho? I play him AMC as an Advanced playmaker and he doesn't perform well. Salah and Mane are playing great on the wings so I don't want to use him as an IF. Thinking to sell him and get someone else. I'm thinking Marco Asensio or Dele Alli...

I signed Isco after he was transfer listed in my 2nd season. He played very well for me, doesn't complain, and he doesn't get injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anorthernboy said:

How do people improve the quality of youth candidates coming in? I've had two lots now and they have been pants.

Ask the board to improve the youth training facilities. I can usually get them to agree to do that after my first season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, anorthernboy said:

I have done that and it's complete. I've also increased the youth recruitment range. 

Coaching etc?

Tbf, in my first intake I got a few good ones, without improving anything. Maybe you got a bit unlucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you are on the subject of talking about youth intake, first thing i did was ask for youth and training facilities to be upgraded.. I'm glad i've got a decent regen goalie, i'll be developing him, Got Timo Horn so he's already tutoring him.

 

20180204202712_1.thumb.jpg.0ea0f1714aa71511a53dc1cacf2584d7.jpg20180204202905_1.thumb.jpg.4912660829e270c62311a942576e643b.jpg20180204202914_1.thumb.jpg.bc052e730742c7e988b2f19d875b1215.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

finally got to start a save. turned off the transfer budgets for the first window. 

preseason was fairly ok. didn;t lose any games bu needed 8-9 games to tweak a tactic, think i have something reasonable to start with now playing a 433 with 2 as DM (DM & Vol) and a CM (AP-a). 

started the season well with 2 wins out of 2 in the league, beating Leicester 1-0 and Palace 3-2. 

Got sporting in the CL draw and won both legs 2-0 & 2-1 to make the CL group stages. just did the draw and have a group of PSG, Spartak & Honved. so confident of making it through that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's The Kids Doing?

Thought about sharing a few of the youngsters development with some regens, March 2019:

Trent Alexander-Arnold:

4rNnEdG.jpg

Exploded last season but haven't really developed much this season. Still a great fullback that can cover in midfield and has excellent personality and Leadership attribute.

Ben Woodburn:

1ZhKVLZ.jpg

The story of the season in terms of youth development. With Firmino and Mane suffering a bit with injuries this season Woodburn got his chance and did well, scoring 8 and assisting 3 times in 15 starts, with the highlight being a hattrick against Watford.

Joe Gomez:

1ZICPlS.jpg

Big Joe Gomez has developed into a beast of a CB, really giving me a selection headache considering how great Matip and Van Dijk have been for me. Quick, great on the ball and strong- just the perfect CB and still a lot of scope for development.

Ovie Ejaria:

lB2mEfy.jpg

Haven't developed much, and I am considering how he will fit into my team in the long term.

Dominic Solanke:

2cXf9Xt.jpg

In the first season he nearly haven't changed a bit despite getting quite a few chances and this season his stalement continued until he got a long-term injury and now he is actually worse. Sadly will be sold.

Rhian Brewster:

kI759ET.jpg

Like Solanke, he haven't progressed much in the first season and picked a few injuries, but developed well playing for Bolton picking 4 goals and 5 assists for them. Probably wouldn't ever be a first team player, doubt he would ever be good enough for the first team, but I like him and will continue putting effort into him.

Curtis Jones:

cJxTHf3.jpg

Almost a year younger than Brewster but around the same level. Given Raumdeuter training in bit to improve his mentals.

Edvard Tagseth:

u9icyES.jpg

Probably the most improved player this season, I really like him but his attributes are a bit weirdly distributed. Don't really know where would do best. Given Roaming Playmaker training to try and improve his physicals.

Now for some of the better regens I got in the first two seasons:

Neil Moore:

DOS1BbB.jpg

Neil Burgin:

2KRTlEA.jpg

Marvin Buchanan:

jfl3qyE.jpg

Mel Fleming:

USFhkBs.jpg

Dennis Moore:

9hXzKIn.jpg

Emmanuel Ogbonna:

b8Tspa0.jpg

Hugh Bibby:

Hl8BNpH.jpg

Buchanan and Fleming are my favorites, Burgin potentially as well if he improves his personality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheJanitor said:

How's The Kids Doing?

How has Paul Glatzel turned out for you? I'm just starting my 3rd season and in his 2nd season he scored 66 goals for my youth team. The year before that he scored 34. I had Coutinho tutor him and he's turned in to a monster. Also, I'm surprised that Brewster hasn't done much for you. I loaned him out to Crewe my 2nd season and he led the entire league in goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheYurpman said:

How has Paul Glatzel turned out for you? I'm just starting my 3rd season and in his 2nd season he scored 66 goals for my youth team. The year before that he scored 34. I had Coutinho tutor him and he's turned in to a monster. Also, I'm surprised that Brewster hasn't done much for you. I loaned him out to Crewe my 2nd season and he led the entire league in goals.

Hell 66 goals? He's decent in my save, kind of similar to Curtis Jones, slightly worse actually. Don't think he would be good enough for us. But that number is just unreal.

Before starting this save I had another save I had started and got corrupt. Brewster had 4 or 4.5 star potential while in the current he only had 3, so I think mine had fairly low PA compared to yours. Also add a few injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheJanitor said:

Hell 66 goals? He's decent in my save, kind of similar to Curtis Jones, slightly worse actually. Don't think he would be good enough for us. But that number is just unreal.

Before starting this save I had another save I had started and got corrupt. Brewster had 4 or 4.5 star potential while in the current he only had 3, so I think mine had fairly low PA compared to yours. Also add a few injuries.

He scored 65, not 66. But yeah, he was amazing. Both my youth teams won their leagues and both either won or made it to the finals of their respective cups.

Paul Glatzel_ History Career Stats.png

Edited by TheYurpman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally getting around to start my second season of my liverpool save, I'll post at the end of the transfer window which is just before the season starts with transfers and my formation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else found Van Dijk to be a whiny ass? That's twice now he has kicked up a fuss about a post match team talk being "unfair" and too harsh. First time he was unhappy for months before eventually dropping it. Now it has popped up again. My entire squad loves me but he's an Adversary and seems to hate my guts, luckily he's not a team leader. I was already planning on selling him after the first time but decided against it in the end, this time I've just had it and I'm transfer listing him. I always try to build a highly professional squad with players who react well to me being critical and demanding and he's not good enough for me to make an exception and treat him with kid gloves, if he doesn't fit into that then goodbye.

I am worried about missing his aerial presence though. Any recommendations for good CB's who are strong and beasts in the air?

Edited by bar333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bar333 said:

Anyone else found Van Dijk to be a whiny ass? That's twice now he has kicked up a fuss about a post match team talk being "unfair" and too harsh. First time he was unhappy for months before eventually dropping it. Now it has popped up again. My entire squad loves me but he's an Adversary and seems to hate my guts, luckily he's not a team leader. I was already planning on selling him after the first time but decided against it in the end, this time I've just had it and I'm transfer listing him. I always try to build a highly professional squad with players who react well to me being critical and demanding and he's not good enough for me to make an exception and treat him with kid gloves, if he doesn't fit into that then goodbye.

I am worried about missing his aerial presence though. Any recommendations for good CB's who are strong and beasts in the air?

Stefan De Vrij has been amazing for me at the back.  I have him, Matip, De Ligt and Gomez all rotating here.  Most matches I see the comment "De Vrij has dominated with areal prescence"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bar333 said:

Anyone else found Van Dijk to be a whiny ass? That's twice now he has kicked up a fuss about a post match team talk being "unfair" and too harsh. First time he was unhappy for months before eventually dropping it. Now it has popped up again. My entire squad loves me but he's an Adversary and seems to hate my guts, luckily he's not a team leader. I was already planning on selling him after the first time but decided against it in the end, this time I've just had it and I'm transfer listing him. I always try to build a highly professional squad with players who react well to me being critical and demanding and he's not good enough for me to make an exception and treat him with kid gloves, if he doesn't fit into that then goodbye.

I am worried about missing his aerial presence though. Any recommendations for good CB's who are strong and beasts in the air?

Mattia Caldara has been pretty amazing for me.  I refused to sign Van Dijk because of the combination of his low decisions and concentration attributes and his personality.  I hate signing ambitious or very ambitious personalities because they ask for new contracts every couple of months and are easily tempted by any offer.  I'm pretty sure that those personalities not only imply high ambition, but also low loyalty (and undefined professionalism).

 

image.thumb.png.e1ade1788f073cb32b932b0599476d66.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't sign him, I started the save last month with a data update. I too probably wouldn't sign a Very Ambitious personality. Can't avoid just any old ambitious personality though because they're very common even in the squad Liverpool start with.

Caldara looks pretty good, I was keeping tabs on him for a while in case I sell Van Dijk but he just signed a new contract I think. De Vrij moved on to Barcelona.

I'll probably get Skriniar from Inter, seems like my best bet. He's not as beasty as Van Dijk aerially, but he's strong , has amazing positioning and I can get him on a cheap because he's unhappy. Also very reasonable wage demands, I'll just sign him as a rotation player and promote Rugani (who I already have) to first team status.

Edited by bar333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone looking for a CB check out both Reece Oxford and Bastoni (italian lad starts at Atalanta) if the both get high on their PA then they develop really well in all areas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

anyone looking for a CB check out both Reece Oxford and Bastoni (italian lad starts at Atalanta) if the both get high on their PA then they develop really well in all areas 

Had luck getting Oxford? West Ham been a pain to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my plan for the coming season is to have two players for each position, and then youth players to boost the squad up, so based on that below will be my tactics for the coming season, main 11 and second 11.

 

I've put my transfers up as well, Milner rejected the contract from Nates which is why I had him on the January window in my first save and then again below

Screenshot 2018-02-08 20.17.57.png

Screenshot 2018-02-08 20.19.31.png

Screenshot 2018-02-08 20.20.41.png

Screenshot 2018-02-08 20.20.56.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else having trouble getting Firmino and Salah going?  I've been mostly playing a 4-1-2-3 with Salah as an AMR (IF-S) and Firmino as a ST (CF-S), and they just aren't scoring enough.  I'm in first place at the end of September but the goals have been spread around.  Sturridge scores when he is fit, and I got Dahlberg but he's had about 4 injuries already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've swapped my 4-3-3 back to a slightly tweaked 4-2-3-1 that I used in my first season. I'll post it soon

Screenshot 2018-02-10 10.55.16.png

Edited by cyborgscouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/02/2018 at 13:01, redsforever24 said:

Anyone else having trouble getting Firmino and Salah going?  I've been mostly playing a 4-1-2-3 with Salah as an AMR (IF-S) and Firmino as a ST (CF-S), and they just aren't scoring enough.  I'm in first place at the end of September but the goals have been spread around.  Sturridge scores when he is fit, and I got Dahlberg but he's had about 4 injuries already. 

salah scores for fun as an if-a, firmino as the false 9 and mane as a winger-support

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moutorious said:

salah scores for fun as an if-a, firmino as the false 9 and mane as a winger-support

Thanks.  I'll give that a go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×