Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

another update on my mimssing players. i have 3 players who seem to be playing for another team, 2 of them are included in the squads for southampton so i joined as southampton boss and gave them free transfers and re signed them. they were on 5k a week and now want 300k a week !!!!

if i gave them free transfers from my club they left southampton as well. if i used the editor to move them to me they showed in southampton as well and i have the same with a few brazilian players keep pplaying in the brazilian league while also in my club

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Altair said:

It wont be another update. This is how they works: 1 patch one month after release, another one in Christmas and the last one end February/March with the winter transfers update.

You better wait for FM19 another $60 and better luck next year.

Or, you know, wait until the demo drops and play that, rather than just blindly spend whatever it ends up being on a product you might not be happy with.

I'm beginning to think that the Long shots aren't exactly long shots but could be too powerful passes/ crosses. in the Final third they are trying to be too powerful because most of times i see players near to the ball direction but it seems that due to its power the ball end up straight to out of field. 

It could be me guessing as well :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 10:21, jamessmith010101 said:

more feedback. transfer market still not fixed. asensio playing really well for psg not on list. value 63 mill moves for 57 mill ?? also dibala from juve value 68 mill moves for 65 mill. very unreaslistic seems a bit fifa managerish at the mo 

Value is essentially irrelevant anyway, given that most teams will try and buy for lower and sell for higher.  But I'd expect value to decrease as time goes on, as the value of their contract is also decreasing.

20 minutes ago, stevemc said:

My accomplishments are not unlocking in Steam, any ideas what this could be?

Thanks...

Achievements have pretty much always been bugged in certain situations, one of those things that I don't think gets much attention.

Is there any way to stop that stats screen from popping up every few seconds and blocking the screen? It's so infuriating as I want to watch the game, not read about it 

The interface is so clunky it reminds me of playing management games on the PlayStation. Why have you made it so difficult to do even the most basic of things?

On 3/15/2018 at 17:13, The Wet Jigsaw! said:

I've only just purchased the game, but the bug where you can't mark the man on the edge of the box for opposition free kicks gets real old, real quick.

I agree, it's like watching something from the 1960s

2 hours ago, Carlos92 said:

Is there any way to stop that stats screen from popping up every few seconds and blocking the screen? It's so infuriating as I want to watch the game, not read about it 

The interface is so clunky it reminds me of playing management games on the PlayStation. Why have you made it so difficult to do even the most basic of things?

Just change highlights to Full Game and you will watch the entire match without popups.

2 hours ago, Carlos92 said:

If you mean those baloons with the Ass Man feedback, you can disable them by clicking in the arrow next to the pop-up and disable the notifications.

Here's my feedback i.e. bugs that have been in this game since release day and have not been fixed as of 18.3.3:

- Players and managers face/race change from time to time

- Players race/skin color in profile picture is often different in ME

- One player standing in the middle of the pitch between highlights (often after a substitution)

- No pitch size choice in any of the three Brazilian saves I've played.

- Wellington Phoenix can't offer youth contracts to their youth candidates

- Reserve and Youth managers not arranging friendlies in my Brazil saves

- Umarked/unmarkable man on the edge of the box on opposition free kicks

Patch 18.3 has also somehow removed the vital 'Selection details' bar on players attributes screen (I imagine it's related to my resolution but it wasn't an issue on previous patches) which is particularly frustrating. Considering the limited changes in ME since release I would have expected more improvements to other areas of the games (namely UI, scouting and regens faces which I found all quite disappointing this year). Instead I'm stuck with a number of old and new bugs after final patch. As for ME, despite some obvious issues I found it enjoyable until 18.2/18.3, which was really the same as 18.1 except for a much stronger tendency to play high balls to far post regardless of instructions (yeah I hate far post). After years of disappointment it will really take something special to make me buy the next game of this series, I'll most likely play the demo and see if it's worth to buy the game on march 2019 after patch 19.3. Might be finally ready to free myself from the FM addiction, be strong kandersson!

Edited by kandersson

Personally I think this year’s edition has been disappointing per overall, some good player roles additions and *maybe* TIs, but the ME’s awful in terms of how chances are created and they’re repetitive, there are still some issues to iron out, which buggers me everytime I try to play the game which made me downgrade back to FM17. While it’s still annoying, but that’s due to the fact that I may lack in the tactics department, even though I read and watched hundreds of videos of FM gurus, it makes you wonder whether the series are fun anymore or just becoming more like a part-time job where you have to push yourself to do all sorts of analysis and stuff like that every game in order to be able to overachieve more than your average player.

Edited by Armistice

7 hours ago, kingjericho said:

If you mean those baloons with the Ass Man feedback, you can disable them by clicking in the arrow next to the pop-up and disable the notifications.

It's the thing covers the screen with information about player condition and match stats( shots, possession etc). When it comes up you also get a small graphic showing where key events have occurred. It seems to come on in between highlights but the way it covers the screen is annoying because you're not sure if you are missing anything.

It reminds me of playing Premier Manager on the PS1 when you couldn't watch the match and you would sit there watching all the stat figures increase. 

The limited bits of matches that I've seen actually look quite good, which makes the stats screen even more infuriating

4 hours ago, Armistice said:

where you have to push yourself to do all sorts of analysis and stuff like that every game in order to be able to overachieve more than your average player.

Er, any game that wouldn't reward you additionally for truly putting more time into it is pointless for anybody doing such. I'm never going to be as good as some pro on like an RTS, and that's fine.  That takes an insane amount of training, and a deep understanding of the game's mechanics, which aren't required to enjoy the experience though. I think you've highlighted the key phrase here. Overachieve more rather than at all overachieve. There may come a day too where the match engine represents football to the point that there is a limit at how much you can consistently overachieve purely by tactics. Not sure if you've seen it, but there is a debate in the ME loophole thread to which extent what some members of the tactical community are doing isn't actually exploiting match engine weakness too. And to an extent, anything more versatile in the tactics forum has always been outperforming AI, as AI is incapable of thinking in such concepts. It's not even coded to think in such, as SI have outlined various times that they don't purely develop the game purely for the most tactical players. Your yardstick for that is fairly easy, actually: How does AI do with a club, how do you do. This may include the frequency of their sackings.

However, if the ME one day was something like footie, tactical decisions alone would be tertiary to squad and player development. Not make you overachieve "even more" consistently no matter what. That's football. Old school DOS games had that modeled -- albeit with simplistic match sims where most tactical options were placebo, and the side with the better player quality (a clear rating was attached to each player) was just more likely to win far more matches. Develop your squad or no dice. For as long as FM tries to model anything like a truly match sim, it should at least incorporate some tactical basics though. Else they should simply go that oldschool DOS game route, as else is pointless windows dressing.

Edited by Svenc

long shots are still broken and don't work

most formations dont work regardless of tactical set up (4-4-2, 4-2-3-1. 4-2-1-3, 4-3-3) 

players dont actually listen to the tactical set up 

assistant managers give useless feedback/suggestions regardless of their rep/quality 

world class/leading quality players play like they're amateurs 

19 minutes ago, Sostenos said:

most formations dont work regardless of tactical set up (4-4-2, 4-2-3-1. 4-2-1-3, 4-3-3) 

This is not true, I play only 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 (AMR, ST, AML up front, that`s what I see as 4-3-3) in my current save and I`m having success with it. Took a bit longer to find the right balance, but the formations you mentioned there are definitely working.

What really annoys me is the unmarked opposition player at free kicks, I`ve tried setting every player to man mark like it`s been suggested in other topics, but nothing has changed. On top of all that, I`ve had free kicks where my team didn`t even form a wall because I had set every one of them to man mark the opposition. I wouldn`t go as far as saying it`s game breaking, thank God the shooting is all over the place and I rarely concede from such chances, but it`s frustrating to see it every game and still not be able to do anything about it.

Edited by Marius_R

3 hours ago, Sostenos said:

assistant managers give useless feedback/suggestions regardless of their rep/quality 

It sounds to me that you're just bad at the game. Only thing I can begin to agree with is the coaches feedback/suggestions but even then it's not worth getting worked up about when you can just ignore it.

27 minutes ago, aditya said:

Hey guys, honest talk should I buy the game at this stage? I played 2017 but wasn't too pleased with it. thanks

Play the demo and form your own opinion.

Whenever anyone asks your question, there'll always be people who'll say, "Yes, it's the BEST GAME EVER", and there'll always be those who'll say, "No, it's COMPLETELY BROKEN." Neither camp is right. Only you can decide whether you should buy the game at this stage.

4 hours ago, Sostenos said:

My formation is working fine thanks.

9 hours ago, aditya said:

Hey guys, honest talk should I buy the game at this stage? I played 2017 but wasn't too pleased with it. thanks

You will never get a consensus of opinion to a question like this, so as has been suggested above, try the free demo and make up your own mind as you are the only judge of what is good for you

2 minutes ago, Sostenos said:

DON'T

it's only remotely fun if you cheat and buy the editor 

For you maybe, but a lot of us are enjoying the game and that could be the case for the user as well. You are entitled to you opinion, but I don't agree what so ever.

3 minutes ago, Sostenos said:

unrealistic stats x2

unrealistic stats

I see you are using an unrealistic 5-2-3 Wingback formation. You know, unrealistic input = unrealistic output. My homemade 4-5-1 with winger are working like a charm without exploiting anything or using editors or any other method of cheating. If anything, the game is too easy...

cSaWRfs.png

Just now, XaW said:

I see you are using an unrealistic 5-2-3 Wingback formation. You know, unrealistic input = unrealistic output. My homemade 4-5-1 with winger are working like a charm without exploiting anything or using editors or any other method of cheating. If anything, the game is too easy...

cSaWRfs.png

https://www.fmscout.com/a-unstoppable-attacking-fm18-tactic.html its a 3 4 3 you idiot

Just now, Sostenos said:

Continue insulting people and you will find yourself picking up warnings. And yes your screenshots show you using a 523, so its understandable people will say its a 523, and just cos you downloaded a tactic you think its all conquering doesn't make it so. 

Did you happen to notice the name of the tactic at FMscout? "Breaking the ME"? Oh, and those are wing BACKS, you know, defenders. And then you come here complaining... You should be ashamed. Now go to bed before your parents notice you are up past your bedtime.

Edited by XaW

Just now, Rashidi said:

Continue insulting people and you will find yourself picking up warnings. And yes your screenshots show you using a 523, so its understandable people will say its a 523, and just cos you downloaded a tactic you think its all conquering doesn't make it so. 

the heat map quite clearly shows a 3-4-3 

people who don't use their eyes are generally regarded as idiots. 

Just now, XaW said:

Did you happen to notice the name of the tactic at FMscout? "Breaking the ME"? Oh, and those are wing BACKS(you know, defenders. And then you come here complaining... You should be ashamed. Now go to bed before your parents notice you are up past your bedtime.

So are the moderators gonna do anything about his insults?

1 minute ago, Sostenos said:

Not gonna mention him trying to take the **** out of me? 

Feel free to point out where I did. I'll be waiting.

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

At no point did he do so

"I see you are using an unrealistic 5-2-3 Wingback formation. You know, unrealistic input = unrealistic output."

"Now go to bed before your parents notice you are up past your bedtime."

wrong

1 minute ago, Sostenos said:

So are the moderators gonna do anything about his insults?

What insults? He called you out in a polite way, you started name calling. If you don't like the way we moderate, write in to SI, otherwise watch your tone. Now both of you cut it out, or I will send you to bed without milk

That was a tongue in cheek since you called me an idiot. Sorry if you felt I offended you. But the input/output is just an explanation of why you are experiencing those things...

Just now, Rashidi said:

What insults? He called you out in a polite way, you started name calling. If you don't like the way we moderate, write in to SI, otherwise watch your tone

Ah, so you use favouritism to selectively choose who you punish for being insulting? Gotcha. The forum moderation team is as broken as the game, makes sense. 

7 minutes ago, Sostenos said:

Ah, so you use favouritism to selectively choose who you punish for being insulting? Gotcha. The forum moderation team is as broken as the game, makes sense. 

Actually if you or anyone continues, you'll be getting infractions. Do with that information what you will