Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, phillebooii said:

Anyone knows when the new patch is out for FM Touch?

Miles tweeted earlier:

"FMT & FMM will follow once they've gone through the approval process, which normally takes 1-2 days, but with a weekend in the way we don't know when."

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

Was the ticket price problem sorted out Neil?

Yeah I explained in your post previously why it was specifically bad for Southend but there should be improvements. Ticket prices are only recalculated between seasons, so you'll have to finish your current season to notice any change. 

3 minutes ago, dmndmn said:

Anyone help me where can I find just premier league logos and kits

Not on this forum. Just google it.

Hy

I am slightly confused maybe someone will enlighten me. Am I to take it that ME changes have been made and you really need to play the game to see those changes. There used to be a ME list with the patch notes if I recall correctly, has this changed? I know that there can be a myriad of small changes and the list maybe too long as well as misleading but some clues and hints would be useful for a casual player like myself. Not complaining merely asking and observing.

Thank you 

Edited by Kazza

Graphics has gone from 5 stars to 1 star and i've checked all the Settings on my Nvidia control panel and its selected as "use global setting" which is the high performace Nvidia Processor.

I'm pretty computer savvy but this has stumped me, Any ideas on how i can fix.

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, forameuss said:

Did you completely miss when he specifically said that it wouldn't be today?

EDIT: Tweet was backdated, so take that back.  Still no guarantee it's going to be today going by it, particularly with the ongoing snowmageddon.

I think it will be out today despite some snow.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Mr Hough said:

Graphics has gone from 5 stars to 1 star and i've checked all the Settings on my Nvidia control panel and its selected as "use global setting" which is the high performace Nvidia Processor.

I'm pretty computer savvy but this has stumped me, Any ideas on how i can fix.

Thanks in advance

May need to delete your cache and preferences to reset the reading. Would also suggest making sure if your system is a laptop that it's not running on Power Saving when you start FM.

Cache and preferences details below:

Delete Cache
Delete Preferences 

Same old Bugs with Trikot Design with Socks having swapped Colour Channels and Shirt + Sock Designs not applying as chosen in 3D Match.

Same old Bugs with my First Goalkeeper disapearing after starting up a CaC Club.

Inconvenient red HOL sign over the green info signs on starting up a CaC Club in the Wish Squad Screen.

Players not available at chosen Starting Date of after starting up  CaC Club.

I will play more...^^

1 dakika önce, OLLMEISTER1 said:

ME looks like an improvement. Only played one game so hard to really tell, but definitely seemed an improvement. 

Sounds good thanks mate

After 1 game

Wayward shooting seems to be fixed.

Seems to be some good decision making now.

My forwards seem to be taking chances they previously just hit straight at the keeper.

No stupid corners given away.

14 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Given it wasn't like that before, then I'd doubt it. 

Yeah I was being every so slightly hyperbolic.

But it was still way too frequent before. Variety of goals in general not realistic.

It appears something has changed with Dynamics. Team leaders are no longer able to resolve issues. Its failed every time since the update (six attempts). Before the update it was rare for it not to work. It almost seemed like it worked every time before.

A custom skin seems to cause problems giving team talk, can I please get some official feedback on this? I see more people having the very same problem and not given any feedback.

I have switched back to the original dark skin and now I'm able to give team talks and the whole screen looks very different from the custom skin as well.

1 minute ago, Tempelman said:

A custom skin seems to cause problems giving team talk, can I please get some official feedback on this? I see more people having the very same problem and not given any feedback.

I have switched back to the original dark skin and now I'm able to give team talks and the whole screen looks very different from the custom skin as well.

Official feedback on an unofficial skin? 

1 hour ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

What....the separate positional team talks you mean? I quite like that tbh 

It was broken on a custom skin. It looks normal on the default one. But it appears to be broken in most skins now. So the skin makers will have to update.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, oulzac said:

It appears something has changed with Dynamics. Team leaders are no longer able to resolve issues. Its failed every time since the update (six attempts). Before the update it was rare for it not to work. It almost seemed like it worked every time before.

Yeah was overpowered before, after testing we believe it should be more balanced now. 

12 minutes ago, Karnack said:

Official feedback on an unofficial skin? 

Are you trying to be smart or just a wiseass? Just wondering...

5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

The panel did change, so the skin makers have to update their panel.

Thank you, that should be a solution to the problems people are having

15 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah was overpowered before, after testing we believe it should be more balanced now. 

Yeah it just worked on the seventh one. So it seems you wont be able to just role with the same 11 dudes and have them tell everyone else to **** off the whole season anymore. I get why it was fixed. But it was nice being able to do that in the lower leagues with armature and semi-pro teams. Oh well.

5 minutes ago, Karnack said:

It felt like a ridiculous thing to ask, obviously it was not ;)

I simply think you misunderstood the question. Look, I do not know a thing about skin coding and do not need you to feel the need to ridicule my question, which has by the way, been asked before. KUBI has cleared it up for me it is the panels that have changed, which makes more sense and is more helpful than your reply.

1 hour ago, Egecann said:

There is no ME change in changelog. Some people are tricking themselves.

I thought so, me is version 18.2.2, my wrong, the version# changed, you would expect like usually when releasing a 3.0 version the me would also be updated to a 3.0 number......

Edited by a31632

3 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

18.2 ME was 1056195 is this still the same in 18.3 ? I’m on FMT so can’t tell if the ME number is the same

Have we had a ME update? Why is it so secretive, I’ve not seen an official SI response to the question.

Its m.e. 1069574

2 minutes ago, forameuss said:

FMT hasn't been updated yet, and the changelist - no matter how meagre people believe it is - literally mentions ME changes.  How clear do you want them to be?

They’re clear alright. I just think there’s general surprise that there aren’t more changes. In previous years there used to be a pretty comprehensive change list and ME tended to be tweaked in patch 3. What’s changed?

53 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

do we know if the bug with clubs not picking players for UCL/domestic squads had been addressed 

reported the issue was getting Neymar left out of PSG squad etc ..not injured or banned, and top teams only submitting squads with lots of empty places, couldnt play the game like that 

cant see it added to the info in the update thread

cheers