Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Rick FM said:

I have a problem.
I can not open the store inside FM 2018.
The option it asks for is already activated.

Capturar.JPG

Are you on a Mac, per chance?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, vlada28 said:

Demo is NOT working! Missing executable fm.exe.. Tried to verify integrity, everything is fine, but it is not working! And if you look at FM 2018 demo folder, there is NOT fm.exe file!!

This is now resolved so please try again

4 minutes ago, Robioto said:

Been playing the beta for the past two weeks. Just given the full release a couple of hours and I'm happy:

- Its much snappier with no lag anymore, especially the match engine

- Alot of the problems I had with the interface have now gone

- Glad to see regens in existing saves now have faces and I have to say I'm impressed with them overall

- Maybe imagining it, but feels like scout meetings are returning more relevant players

- But best of all my tactics are all still working effectively. :)

This! Thought I was imagining it also but has to be true!

3 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

It also hasn't been fixed that the entire crowd is wearing replica tops. This is huge step back from 17 and I genuinely had faith you'd fix it, just as I was certain you'd fix the tactics screen. :(

That 'shots' screen has now been fixed so that it doesn't reset from 'overall' to 'last 5 mins' with every click - but it still resets at half time. Why not just let it stay with the user choice?

1 minute ago, Per Annum said:

That 'shots' screen has now been fixed so that it doesn't reset from 'overall' to 'last 5 mins' with every click - but it still resets at half time. Why not just let it stay with the user choice?

6 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

It also hasn't been fixed that the entire crowd is wearing replica tops. This is huge step back from 17 and I genuinely had faith you'd fix it, just as I was certain you'd fix the tactics screen. :(

Although I still think it should be a pop up at the bottom of the screen and not at the top, thank you for listening to fans and including a face as well as a team kit in the top bar when there is a goal. Still don't see why it can't say what # goal for the season.

Edited by Per Annum

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Per Annum said:

Any chance you could raise the bugs in the bugs forum rather than the feedback forum? It'd be really helpful to us. Thanks. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Any chance you could raise the bugs in the bugs forum rather than the feedback forum? It'd be really helpful to us. Thanks. 

I'm pretty sure you can understand that based on the selective approach to amending the game beta > release it is near impossible for the user to guess whether something of the things I've been listing is a bug or a design choice.

It is very clear from FM18 that something seeming a bizarre design choice in no way suggests it is actually a bug and not a design choice. Fair enough the trial error I mentioned previously, but pretty much everything else could easily be part of your bold new vision - like the finances screen. The bugs screens are (or again soon will be) cluttered enough with non-bugs as it is.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

I'm pretty sure you can understand that based on the selective approach to amending the game beta > release it is near impossible for the user to guess whether something of the things I've been listing is a bug or a design choice.

It is very clear from FM18 that something seeming a bizarre design choice in no way suggests it is actually a bug and not a design choice. Fair enough the trial error I mentioned previously, but pretty much everything else could easily be part of your bold new vision - like the finances screen. The bugs screens are (or again soon will be) cluttered enough with non-bugs as it is.

Okay please raise the UI bugs here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/585-user-interface-issues/

And if you're making specific UI feedback or a suggestion, raise it here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/586-user-interface-feedbacksuggestions/

Thanks. 

So is there a way I can have my competitions screen (the one that gets shown after a match day in your league has finished) to show "Fixtures&Schedule" automatically instead of the Match Info ? I want to see the goalscorers like on FM17 without having to click around all the time.

The game is good but holy hell did they hide some of the previous informations behind click-walls....

ÖFB-Samsung-Cup_ Matches Competition Review.png

6 minutes ago, Alerion said:

So is there a way I can have my competitions screen (the one that gets shown after a match day in your league has finished) to show "Fixtures&Schedule" automatically instead of the Match Info ? I want to see the goalscorers like on FM17 without having to click around all the time.

The game is good but holy hell did they hide some of the previous informations behind click-walls...

ÖFB-Samsung-Cup_ Matches Competition Review.png

I second this and asked the same question during beta but got no response. The competition review screen offers nothing.

Edited by Per Annum
typo

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, ak71 said:

In this year IGE, the ability to change hair colour is missing.

Thomas%20Meunier_%20Overview%20Profile_z

Is it intentional or a bug..?

My 3D match is stuttering.  Having gtx1060 as my graphic card.  Anyone facing same issue..?

Thanks.

What graphics quality level are you running at? If it's say 'Very High' does it run without lag on High or Medium?

Also what is your system resolution set to? 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

What graphics quality level are you running at? If it's say 'Very High' does it run without lag on High or Medium?

Also what is your system resolution set to? 

Hi, Neil.

Thanks for the reply.

Below are settings for my preference:

Football%20Manager%202018_%20Preferences

Football%20Manager%202018_%20Preferences

Any idea about the IGE.  Is the removal intentional or a bug..?

Thanks again.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, ak71 said:

We're looking into this, I stated in this thread above. Please bear with us.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, ak71 said:

Hi, Neil.

Thanks for the reply.

Below are settings for my preference:

Thanks again.

And to confirm, does it run any better when running on Medium? And the IGE changes as said we'll look into. Thanks. 

22 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

And to confirm, does it run any better when running on Medium? And the IGE changes as said we'll look into. Thanks. 

Hi, Neil.

Nope, the stuttering is still there.  It makes me feels giddy when it happens.  :(

Thank you for looking into the changes in IGE.  Really appreciate.  :thup: 

CaC-Club based on Fortuna Köln - German League 3

Andre Poggenborg (GK) goes missing after starting up the Club.

Trikots Designs be apllied wrong (backsides dont work - Socks show swapped colours or wrong type etc.)

Avatar Eyebrows dont change to Hair Colour

Avatar Eyes in Blue look like Grey while Grey looks almost like White.

UI responsiveness of the game is somewhat slow (even the start up Sega Logo stutters somehow).

ME is quite performing ok and looks better and less clumsy so far but Sound Settings seem to differ form the Preference Settings as effects are way louder (i have Music disabled).

Dont like the Fading Colour Bars of the UI on Top and Left and want the plain colours of FM17 back.

That for the Moment - gratz for release!

3 minutes ago, thiagoanjo said:

Second complaint: Elevated Camera, no make any sense SI remove it. FM lost a lot of my enthusiasm without this camera. Very, very sad with that

I used to use that camera too, but now use Sideline (not at the game right now) with it very high up, looking more down onto the pitch and then I zoom enough so that the width of the pitch fills the screen.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I used to use that camera too, but now use Sideline (not at the game right now) with it very high up, looking more down onto the pitch and then I zoom enough so that the width of the pitch fills the screen.

This is EXACTLY what im doing, but its not the same, the players are too small. I don't like and I still do not know why removing the elevated camera, does not make sense to me.

3 minutes ago, danpker said:

The UI and 3d is even laggier than the beta. For a mostly 2d game it's a joke, I wish I could return my copy but I'm not able to.

Game lag is not an issue for all users so open a thread in the Bugs forum and get some help to resolve this.

I joined a club part-way through a season, they didn't have an U23 squad. In the off season I thought the board might ask me if I want an U23 squad, just like on FM17. Has this feature been taken out or should I raise a bug?

Two issues so far.

Why do players who don’t have mohekens in real life still have them in the game? Miles Jacobson said on Twitter himself that it would be fixed for the full released. This is very immersion breaking and I am disappointed it still hasn’t been fixed

Why remove the club value and debt part? It was a good feature to keep up to tabs with your club and other clubs Finances as saves progressed and now it’s gone? Feels like a very odd move.

apart from that though the game seems very good, but still I am very disappointed by those two things.

• SI Staff
54 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I joined a club part-way through a season, they didn't have an U23 squad. In the off season I thought the board might ask me if I want an U23 squad, just like on FM17. Has this feature been taken out or should I raise a bug?

This now works differently in FM18.

What youth club a squad has are now set in the DB to reflect what youth squads a club has in real life. In this situation if the Youth Level of your club increases, mainly done through an improvement in your youth facilities, then you should have an U23 squad automatically generated for you.

17 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

Just ran a game @bestbrother. It's much quicker than before but a tad slower than it used to be.

Also only saw one goal and it didn't do the flashing "goal" commentary. May be a coincidence or may still be a tad buggy. I had to cancel and go to work so can't test further.

Cheers mate. Ive just got in from work so will try after ive had my sleep... sounds a bit more promising though.

1 hour ago, darthkir said:

I am very surprised to see that this year my GTX 750 Ti is rated only 3 stars. Has the requirement gone that high?

pc3d.png

Don't get too hung up on the star ratings are they are always pretty subjective- gauge the game on how it runs.

Some quick impressions. Bear in mind that most of this will focus on stuff that I view a bit critical / suspicious. Every FM release has such, it's just something you naturally tend to focus on first to gauge the status quo.

Generally performance.

Aside of some "lagging" in the UI during processing the week days (Core i3 though), runs decent. I didn't check for any frame rates, but the 3d is fine too (GTX 1050 ti). Was surprised by the loading times on my old HDD, I expected the match days to load up slower given the visual upgrade. I personally even like the "new" classic 2D. The ad boards naturally can be a bit of a distraction on that -- nothing that a handy zooming in couldn't fix. :D

UI

For a long-term player, definitely needs some getting used to, in particular the match days, naturally. Likely hadn't found it in my short filtering session, but there's no immediately apparent means to quickly getting to the more detailed match stats screen. Shots/on target aren't enough for quick assessments much. Else you'Re only getting to access something more detailed by going into the analysis, then clicking on match stats, and then clickin on the stats.

Noted that there was additional feedback added in the individual player instruction screen as to the player's mentality. The way it's represented now, the UI explicitly suggests even more a link to instructions/sliders that haven't been in the game for almost half a decade now. I have a few beefs with this, already contacted a few staff a couple months ago about this. 1) New players don't know anything about this. 2) Referencing to under the hood settings that areN#t available to anybody is bad. 3) In particular if on the more highly structured ends on a couple prior releases such "settings" would have resulted in completely disjointed play.

In particular if the CB/ds were on "ultra defensive" and the forwards on "go roast 'em", as the defenders would never look to release, and the forwards being completely isolated. Obviously there's been a few overhauls here going on, I still think it's bad to explicitly suggest that link. But then I have a few beefs with the entire team shape settings in general -- of which I'M 100% convinced that neither the AI (nor much of any SI staff) utilizes it the way more creative tactical players may utilize it. :)

Stats / Feedback

The player rankings / stats on FM remain difficult.
As SI staff may know, also how they model things, attributes influence probabilities a bit. The problem is, similar to a dice throw, with a low sample size guys are ranked higher than weaker ones simply because of a smaller sample size. The player rankings as per crosses for instance are still useless. At the top you have players with a fanatasy cross completion of 30% simply because they have fewer attempts. It's only after significant sample size that player quality trumps random chance. There has to be implimented an entry level here, or else it's all rather useless. E.g. any player with less than 70, 80 crossing attempt needs not apply. Maybe you could even configure that yourself. Much applies to other data, naturally, with some of them always bouncing up and down entirelly based on random chance either way as that event occuring isn't that frequent / the success ratio that low (seasonal free kick conversions, etc.)

Post-match stuff, Analysis

The sooner the game gets rid of the legacy code post-match logics that the side enjoying more attempts was the one more likely to win the match (e.g. unlucky when it didn't), the better. The sooner it gets rid of its subjective interpretations of subjective chance categories that aren't used anywhere, the better. In particular for as long as cut backs played to unmarked players, such as this first Arsenal goal, aren't registered anywhere. Despite it is blatantly obvious that precisely such moves have always resulted far more likely in a goal than the dreaded narrow one on one type, with the forward oft forced to turn and shoot immediately -- and the keeper having it easy to worsen the angle, rather than being hopeless such as here, where the ball instantly changes direction off the first touch. Admittedly I don't understand why that is still a debate, internally apparently too. It doesn't help it seems an entirelly semantical one, one that is pretty much detached with the "scoring probability calculated" -- e.g. should a header ever be considered a clear cut, what do you think Neil/Miles/ Catbarf, the office kitty? :p

Match engine

Counter attacking / AI in general doesn't appear much cop at this point. It's something picked up from watching general play, and then "stress tested" by going with the already top heavy 4-2-3-1 Denmark, putting EVERY player on an attack duty. Rather than getting grilled away at Hamburg (admitted, they're not Bayern), I saw the side being up 4-2 at HT. The match after that won with a clean sheet at a top side. Reckon the second part (loads of players pushed boxside) is an acknowledged issue by gauging a few tactics used by players. Now there's a balance to be struck between player ability and tactics. But if something like that isn'T punished consistently, imo nothing will much. Reminds slightly of early FM 2015, where doing similar you were guaranteed to keep the likes of Burnley up without much hassle, getting wild scorelines all around, turning the weakest attacking playeers in the league into top scorers (still conceding a ton, mind). :D Overall, looking decent, looking forward to gauge a few more on the weekends. :) And congrats on releasing the game, hope the first German release proper this time in next year goes well too (hopefully your current publisher knows better than your last -- your work deserves better treatment).

Edited by Svenc

24 minutes ago, Olly Kenney said:

This now works differently in FM18.

What youth club a squad has are now set in the DB to reflect what youth squads a club has in real life. In this situation if the Youth Level of your club increases, mainly done through an improvement in your youth facilities, then you should have an U23 squad automatically generated for you.

Oh! Awesome! So I just need to improve my youth rating to get a development squad. That makes much more sense than being offered an U23 squad.

Thank you very much for the info!

My CaC Club Colours a Blue-Yellow and that should give me Blue Bars on Top/Left of the UI - yet i get Purple...

I had Blue already but with the Trikot Designer not working right i had to restart several times to adjust to the Bugs and change the designs until they all be displayed right.