Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

Alexis Sanchez isn't interested in discussing a new contract. Then he comes to me and asks why I let another player leave. I'm not allowed to ignore the discussion. In that case, I should have the option to tell him that, if he himself wants to leave the club, then I don't consider his opinion relevant.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I want to know before I buy is:

- do wide midfielders tuck in when defending?
- do central midfielders still cross over when closing down, leaving huge holes?
- do sweeper keepers actually take up aggressive positions and rush out?
- is it possible to make strikers drop back behind the ball?
- do liberos actually venture into midfield and get involved? Do they actually make an effort to get into shooting positions on attack duty?
- do centre backs reliably split to allow a half back or playmaker to drop in?
- is it possible to have a defend-duty player in central midfield who doesn't close down very much yet isn't a playmaker 
- or a support duty defensive midfielder who doesn't necessarily fly into tackles but isn't a playmaker
- or a wide player who cuts inside but is also allowed to put inswinging crosses in
- or a centre half who steps into midfield?

Edited by ceefax the cat

Does anyone have the problem that 90% of the goals are in the small area?

They are always the same center to the small area and goal.

The Media is asking me all the time in press conference why the majority of our scoring are there.

Edited by Altair

11 hours ago, ceefax the cat said:

All I want to know before I buy is:

- do wide midfielders tuck in when defending?
- do central midfielders still cross over when closing down, leaving huge holes?
- do sweeper keepers actually take up aggressive positions and rush out?
- is it possible to make strikers drop back behind the ball?
- do liberos actually venture into midfield and get involved? Do they actually make an effort to get into shooting positions on attack duty?
- do centre backs reliably split to allow a half back or playmaker to drop in?
- is it possible to have a defend-duty player in central midfield who doesn't close down very much yet isn't a playmaker 
- or a support duty defensive midfielder who doesn't necessarily fly into tackles but isn't a playmaker
- or a wide player who cuts inside but is also allowed to put inswinging crosses in
- or a centre half who steps into midfield?

To answer these types of question, it would be best to try the free demo and decide for yourself.

game seems to have taken two steps backward with the last patch.

Can't play a 4 man defence when on away games, home team will always get easy goals due to crossing being op.

did 10 hours of testing this the last two days, a horrible crosser will nearly always find the attacker/ inside forward unmarked.

Long shots seems like they were back 10 years ago , thought it was fixed a few fms ago, where players with long shot ppm would not should at any given chance.

ballboy at cornerflag is getting injured with all the stray shots aimed at him ;)

home team advantage is through the roof compared to real football , checked soccerstats.com , and away team wins is less than half of what top teams get in real life.

this is playing in the premier league.

before the patch , playing the serie A , the stats were comparable to real results.

I am nr1 in my league and only team with positive win ratio away.

I even tried to make some bad tactics to try to lose at home, but my players just seems to have perfect composure/crossing/first touch/ dribbling and finishing when I play home games.

Same goes for the other team when I play away.

Guest El Payaso

Have to say that outside the match day this game has turned out to be really entertaining. Although I am worried about the AI treating their players and how they perform during the transfer window(s). Just had my first January transfer window and the only activity was some loan deals for young players. Lots of rumors but no action at all. Hopefully this doesn't mean that during the summer I can again just pick any players that I want without any resistance. I think that @RBKalle mentioned this in his thread too. 

The match day is partially good and partially really bad. Multiple striker formations are too successful as the defenders don't seem to have a clue how to defend against them and full/wing-backs' defensive performances lead crossing to be too successful and creating too many chances. I think also that dribbling seems a lot more effective than previously but that is mainly down to the buggy fullback positioning where they allow meters of space before the wide players receive the ball and by that let them accelerate. I don't know if someone like Kiko Femenia without any real skill, just pace, should be making 10 successful dribbles in a game before putting in a perfect ball to far post. And I don't think that someone like Benik Afobe should score five goals against Newcastle just because he has pace and he plays in 4-4-2... All these are covered in the bugs area though, yet not reviewed.

So basically really good game but the match day experience needs still lots more variety and sense and things to be balanced. The game has clear bias towards certain types of players and style of plays while for example slow strikers like Rooney and creative more deeper playmakers like Fabregas and Iniesta aren't doing anything in the engine. In real life these players perform lot better than the super performing players like decent wingers (who are dominating assists charts) or strikers with just pace like Afobe and Iheanacho. Intelligence part of football is nerfed a lot in my opinion and running with the ball, pace and just pumping the ball in the box are too effective.

And for SI: please improve your customer service in this forum. There are multiple frustrated users posting to bugs forum that you don't have the decency to answer to. They/we are paying customers and you should be treating us like ones even though you don't agree on our posts. 

2 hours ago, El Payaso said:

Have to say that outside the match day this game has turned out to be really entertaining. Although I am worried about the AI treating their players and how they perform during the transfer window(s). Just had my first January transfer window and the only activity was some loan deals for young players. Lots of rumors but no action at all. Hopefully this doesn't mean that during the summer I can again just pick any players that I want without any resistance. I think that @RBKalle mentioned this in his thread too. 

The match day is partially good and partially really bad. Multiple striker formations are too successful as the defenders don't seem to have a clue how to defend against them and full/wing-backs' defensive performances lead crossing to be too successful and creating too many chances. I think also that dribbling seems a lot more effective than previously but that is mainly down to the buggy fullback positioning where they allow meters of space before the wide players receive the ball and by that let them accelerate. I don't know if someone like Kiko Femenia without any real skill, just pace, should be making 10 successful dribbles in a game before putting in a perfect ball to far post. And I don't think that someone like Benik Afobe should score five goals against Newcastle just because he has pace and he plays in 4-4-2... All these are covered in the bugs area though, yet not reviewed.

So basically really good game but the match day experience needs still lots more variety and sense and things to be balanced. The game has clear bias towards certain types of players and style of plays while for example slow strikers like Rooney and creative more deeper playmakers like Fabregas and Iniesta aren't doing anything in the engine. In real life these players perform lot better than the super performing players like decent wingers (who are dominating assists charts) or strikers with just pace like Afobe and Iheanacho. Intelligence part of football is nerfed a lot in my opinion and running with the ball, pace and just pumping the ball in the box are too effective.

And for SI: please improve your customer service in this forum. There are multiple frustrated users posting to bugs forum that you don't have the decency to answer to. They/we are paying customers and you should be treating us like ones even though you don't agree on our posts. 

As you can see in the bugs forum, they are replying to threads even now. They are obviously busily trying to get through. And they will task issues they think are priority first. 

Guest El Payaso
1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

As you can see in the bugs forum, they are replying to threads even now. They are obviously busily trying to get through. And they will task issues they think are priority first. 

Wouldn't hold my hopes too high that any of my threads will ever be reviewed.

Reinstalled for must be 4th time and there is still the god awful lag between screens, no matter what screen I'm going to or from there's like a 1 second lag between each 1. Not my PC as it's a top of the range gaming laptop and 17 runs flawlessly. Surely this lag should have been picked up by now??!

2 hours ago, penza said:

can you please fix direct free kicks before March thanks very much

What about them do they need to fix? Without more detail SI could do the exact opposite of what you’d like to see happen.

International management is so shallow and repetitive and its disappointing immensely.

- You still can't play any friendlies before announcing your squad for international tournaments, despite this being the case in real life (Fabio Capello named his 2010 World Cup squad on 1st June, having played two friendlies the week before.

- Constantly being asked about dual nationality battles for players who will never be good enough for your team (e.g. As manager of England I'm asked about players with PAs below 120, all in the context of trying to convince them to represent England).

- Zero training options. International teams do still train together and the lack of even a match focus option is an issue.

- B Teams are entirely pointless to have in the game. I've never seen them used, either allow us to organise friendlies and stuff with them or get rid of them.

On 1/9/2018 at 04:39, bigmattb28 said:

Reinstalled for must be 4th time and there is still the god awful lag between screens, no matter what screen I'm going to or from there's like a 1 second lag between each 1. Not my PC as it's a top of the range gaming laptop and 17 runs flawlessly. Surely this lag should have been picked up by now??!

There is a known issue where a lag has been identified on machines using a high end NVidia graphics card.  SI and NVidia are in discussion just now to try and resolve this

On 08/01/2018 at 15:13, El Payaso said:

This. Any setup with three strikers is way too easy to score 4, 5, 6 a game without even paying particular interest to your teams tactics as a whole. The opposition defence looks clueless and ends up leaving 2 or 3 players wide open for easy chances time after time.

7 hours ago, CaptainSa said:

International management is so shallow and repetitive and its disappointing immensely.

- You still can't play any friendlies before announcing your squad for international tournaments, despite this being the case in real life (Fabio Capello named his 2010 World Cup squad on 1st June, having played two friendlies the week before.

- Constantly being asked about dual nationality battles for players who will never be good enough for your team (e.g. As manager of England I'm asked about players with PAs below 120, all in the context of trying to convince them to represent England).

- Zero training options. International teams do still train together and the lack of even a match focus option is an issue.

- B Teams are entirely pointless to have in the game. I've never seen them used, either allow us to organise friendlies and stuff with them or get rid of them.

It's been fairly shallow for years now.  Can't really disagree with the first three (particularly the first) but to be fair about 4, B teams have been entirely pointless in real life too.  They're still technically possible, but very, very rare.

15 hours ago, Barside said:

What about them do they need to fix? Without more detail SI could do the exact opposite of what you’d like to see happen.

the user and AI hardly score, i have done a test and have said to SI to double check in BETA stage (edited 1 player with 20's everywhere) and he hardly scores free kicks, amended PPM, free kick routines (whereby I moved all the players in my area to see if then the player was forced to shoot) nothing works so something is not right.

I went back to FM17 and did the same test, the guy scored 30 goals in free kicks in 1 season so there has to be an underlying issue :) 

Edited by penza

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

There is a known issue where a lag has been identified on machines using a high end NVidia graphics card.  SI and NVidia are in discussion just now to try and resolve this

Ahh right that's good news, I do have a NVidia installed on my laptop too. The lag is making the game unplayable for me, doubt there's any timescale on an update on that is there?

21 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Ahh right that's good news, I do have a NVidia installed on my laptop too. The lag is making the game unplayable for me, doubt there's any timescale on an update on that is there?

There is a current thread in the Bugs forum , so keep an eye on it:

https://community.sigames.com/topic/418351-lag-on-high-end-nvidia-graphics-cards/?page=13&tab=comments#comment-11180800

Ok, after playing for a couple of months here's my two cents:

- Narrow 433... same issues experienced here. Feels like if the AI is struggling it just flips to narrow 433 and then the bombardment starts and the only way I've found to combat it is a 541 which isn't ideal if the opposition starts with the 433. 

- Too many clicks during matchday. I loved the old TEAM Stats pages where I could quickly flick to that during a game and with a glance see which of the opposition was having an influence....i.e. who had the most passes, lots of shots, crosses, etc. Now getting to that screen involves 3 or 4 more clicks than usual, plus the new screen isn't as informative and in my opinion harder to read. I do like the new analysis overview page actually but it slows the game down a bit

- In-play speed during 2D view. Aargh, probably just my own preference here but I can only get the speed to be slightly too slow or slightly too fast!

- Assistant Manager tactical feedback pre-match. I know I can switch this off, and appreciate the quality of advice varies depending on his ability, but is he going to just suggest that we switch to his favoured formation/style of play, or should he be giving me advice based on the upcoming match?

Other than that I love it and I'm never going to stop playing <3 

20 hours ago, Edinton said:

- Too many clicks during matchday. I loved the old TEAM Stats pages where I could quickly flick to that during a game and with a glance see which of the opposition was having an influence....i.e. who had the most passes, lots of shots, crosses, etc. Now getting to that screen involves 3 or 4 more clicks than usual, plus the new screen isn't as informative and in my opinion harder to read. I do like the new analysis overview page actually but it slows the game down a bit

Likewise. Really not enjoying the decision to make this screen an additional window in effect; like the above poster says, it takes more clicks and makes it far more difficult to manage tactical changes whilst viewing the stats.

22 hours ago, Edinton said:

Ok, after playing for a couple of months here's my two cents:

- Narrow 433... same issues experienced here. Feels like if the AI is struggling it just flips to narrow 433 and then the bombardment starts and the only way I've found to combat it is a 541 which isn't ideal if the opposition starts with the 433. 

- In-play speed during 2D view. Aargh, probably just my own preference here but I can only get the speed to be slightly too slow or slightly too fast!

- Assistant Manager tactical feedback pre-match. I know I can switch this off, and appreciate the quality of advice varies depending on his ability, but is he going to just suggest that we switch to his favoured formation/style of play, or should he be giving me advice based on the upcoming match?

Other than that I love it and I'm never going to stop playing <3 

agree that the old 'team stats' one-pager - featuring passes, key passes, tackles, intereceptions per player - is sorely missed. 

futher feedback after some further 400 game hours, mixed feelings about the game:

- nice additions Dynamics and Healt Centre, it's difficult to understand wheter they (rectius their proper management by the user) actually affect the outcome of the game or they're just cosmetic features with no real effect on the game

- once you get used the UI is not better nor worse than the previous years, it's just different IMO, maybe some extra clicks but not a great issue

- the ME is not that awful, it's not perfect but overall I'd rank it as enjoyable, first of all because of the (quite complete) lack of the absurd oddities of the previous editions (backpass turning own-goals, GK watching the ball at his feet while the opponent attacker runs 40 meters to smash it into the net and so on...). I've somehow managed to reduce the issue related to set piece, defending is still bad sometimes but you may argue that it happens IRL as well. The selection of highlights is improved over the Patches, and now in extended highlights the game provides a right selection of situations, not too much but not too few.

- the 3d graphic is bad, the lack of some camera angles is bad, the stadia and the fans are bad, and it's difficult to understand how SI do not recognize it as a gap to gulf over the years

- the Tutoring is completely broken, no way it delivers a positive outcome. Nor the suggested tutorings neither the chosen ones have had ANY positive outcome over the seasons, they've the only effect to worsen the dressing room atmosphere without any positive individual effect, something is wrong here...

- the 'tactic familiarity' screen is useless, ALL the players are consistently 'well behind the tactical familiarity of the team', even if their bar is 100% matched in ALL the areas. Is it broken the text below the bar or the feature itself?

- the match attendance is poorly designed, you've still incoherent representations between the people recorded and those shown in the away end

All in all, bearing in mind the complexity of the game, a 7 rating...

Bought the game 2 days ago, my thoughts on the ME:

- 90% of the throw ins on your own hall you'll end up loosing the ball

- Passing seems horrible. Playing in the Dutch second league, know that the players aren't the best, but after having watched some gimes entirely it's honestly ridiculous. (See some gifs below, just examples from combined 20 minutes ingame)

6cf540cd6c68637da852787ab304af18.gif

a6cf1fedf9f94f830a94750869beaff8.gif

8f5f56b884d403b71b0ff488f0c56882.gif

f72b19976832a84445d69e960f9df0d2.gif 

Same bug as every year:
9d3aad961d1271497678b2f7e2d3f327.gif

Just too painfull to watch an entire game on this ME, really challenging to not get frustrated if you see wat nonsense is happining what you normally don't see.

Besides the ME it's looking quite well actually. 

Guest El Payaso
3 hours ago, craiigman said:

Honestly.. 25 assists?

He has 10 passing, 10 vision, 8 crossing.. But the most important stats for assists; flair, dribbling, pace, acceleration.

Let me guess: list full of wingers and strikers and maybe some odd AM?

Faced Manchester City and Chelsea with my Swansea team and still disappointed on what kind of 'football' they were able to create; everything they produce coming through the flanks and set pieces (corners and throw-ins mainly) while their midfielders are having lot more time and space in the midfield than they would ever get in real life. De Bruyne didn't do anyhing during the whole 90 minutes and same goes with Fabregas. Also Hazard got multiple of those free shots from edge of the penalty area where he would punish you in real life for sure but he was totally harmless. On the other hand crosses create chances even when two players are doing closing down on the crossing player and even when they put in the crosses with weaker foot.

1) The wide area defending needs to be improved and full backs need to be able to take the space away there a lot better.

2) Midfield needs total overhaul as currently it is just a playground where you can pass the ball around totally freely even without any real movement. 

3) Please make strikers drop down and defend and centre backs joining attacks over the midfield as they do in real life so that teams wouldn't be so stretched and there would be less space to pass the ball around. 

@ivoke, I don't see a lot wrong in those gifs tbh. There's the "kicking the ball at the teammates' back" irritant in the first gif, true, but what's particularly wrong with the subsequent slightly over-hit first time pass down the wing? I can't see much wrong in the second gif. Some bad passing decisions in middle, followed by a midfield tussle and a loose ball. What's so wrong there? The third gif sees a midfielder playing a ball down the wing with the attacker making a run in the channel. Again, it's a poor pass, but such misunderstandings happen at even the higher levels. The fourth gif has a slightly badly-aimed pass. And? The fifth gif has a poor throw-in, poor awareness by the defender receiving the ball, good anticipation by the attacker and terrible finishing. Slapstick, sure, but what's particularly unrealistic about it?

In each case, we have no idea of the context or respective players' attributes. Maybe the player making the pass or making the run has poor passing/decisions/movement. Maybe they're unfit and tired. Maybe, yes, it is a bug in the ME. But without context, it's hard to make an objective assessment.

In general, it would help if you offered a bit of extra detail, instead of just posting gifs and expecting us to understand what your exact issue with each of them are.

4 ore fa, El Payaso ha scritto:

Let me guess: list full of wingers and strikers and maybe some odd AM?

Faced Manchester City and Chelsea with my Swansea team and still disappointed on what kind of 'football' they were able to create; everything they produce coming through the flanks and set pieces (corners and throw-ins mainly) while their midfielders are having lot more time and space in the midfield than they would ever get in real life. De Bruyne didn't do anyhing during the whole 90 minutes and same goes with Fabregas. Also Hazard got multiple of those free shots from edge of the penalty area where he would punish you in real life for sure but he was totally harmless. On the other hand crosses create chances even when two players are doing closing down on the crossing player and even when they put in the crosses with weaker foot.

1) The wide area defending needs to be improved and full backs need to be able to take the space away there a lot better.

2) Midfield needs total overhaul as currently it is just a playground where you can pass the ball around totally freely even without any real movement. 

3) Please make strikers drop down and defend and centre backs joining attacks over the midfield as they do in real life so that teams wouldn't be so stretched and there would be less space to pass the ball around. 

ME is not perfect but I think your assessment is too black-and-white, my experience is quite different, maybe because I play LLM. My best player is a central midfielder playing as a central midfielder, doing everything you’d expect from him (good passing, lots of assist, lots of running over the 90 minutes, decent tackling, some goals even from the edge of the area). Of course crossing and flank-defending is far from perfect but it’s not as bad as depicted here

12 hours ago, craiigman said:

Honestly.. 25 assists?

lVqWkcj.png

tMgQror.png

He has 10 passing, 10 vision, 8 crossing.. But the most important stats for assists; flair, dribbling, pace, acceleration.

Think there's something in this; Traoré should never, never, never be an effective player; his attributes should make him exactly what he is real life - a futsal player with no brain and no end-product.

Physical attributes seem hugely overpowered in FM and that's been the case for a while. There seems a weird paradox in that as the game becomes ever deeper and more superficially 'refined,' traditional 'British' playing styles based on width and physicality have become ever more powerful, at the very time Guardiola's City are showing British audiences that this approach is appallingly antiquated. 

Guest El Payaso
1 minute ago, fidelitywars said:

Think there's something in this; Traoré should never, never, never be an effective player; his attributes should make him exactly what he is real life - a futsal player with no brain and no end-product.

Physical attributes seem hugely overpowered in FM and that's been the case for a while. There seems a weird paradox in that as the game becomes ever deeper and more superficially 'refined,' traditional 'British' playing styles based on width and physicality have become ever more powerful, at the very time Guardiola's City are showing British audiences that this approach is appallingly antiquated. 

I wouldn't say never but it should be a lot more difficult. Player like Traore could actually be successful in for example in a counter attacking system where his end product is an easy one as he gets behind a defence. Like the one tap-in he provides quite early in this video. Otherwise you can see that teams can quite effectively defend against him with simple doubling up and providing an end product looks difficult to him. On FM it's quite a bit different as player like this can quite comfortably leave 1-3 players just standing and put in a pinpointer inside the box. I think that wide play in general was well balanced in the previous builds but this newest one 18.2.1 has made it totally crazy.

@jam jameson I'm playing that style too where my least bad players are in the midfield but seeing teams like City, Barcelona and Chelsea who have really good midfielders and seeing them doing nothing while they are super dangerous down the flanks is a bit bummer. Also you can see in those stats that someone like Adama is really flourishing within the match engine: providing huge amounts of assists and summing up more than 9 dribbles per game. 

8 hours ago, Mons said:

@ivoke, I don't see a lot wrong in those gifs tbh. There's the "kicking the ball at the teammates' back" irritant in the first gif, true, but what's particularly wrong with the subsequent slightly over-hit first time pass down the wing? I can't see much wrong in the second gif. Some bad passing decisions in middle, followed by a midfield tussle and a loose ball. What's so wrong there? The third gif sees a midfielder playing a ball down the wing with the attacker making a run in the channel. Again, it's a poor pass, but such misunderstandings happen at even the higher levels. The fourth gif has a slightly badly-aimed pass. And? The fifth gif has a poor throw-in, poor awareness by the defender receiving the ball, good anticipation by the attacker and terrible finishing. Slapstick, sure, but what's particularly unrealistic about it?

In each case, we have no idea of the context or respective players' attributes. Maybe the player making the pass or making the run has poor passing/decisions/movement. Maybe they're unfit and tired. Maybe, yes, it is a bug in the ME. But without context, it's hard to make an objective assessment.

In general, it would help if you offered a bit of extra detail, instead of just posting gifs and expecting us to understand what your exact issue with each of them are.

I agree slightly with some of your comments. Indeed the 3th gif is a difficult ball and I shouldn't have included it above. First one I think is just ridiculous. Not the fact that my pass was kicked at the back of my own teammate, but the amount of free space my opponent has afterwards and still isn't able to play a simple 15 meter (through)ball to a completely unmarked teammate. Also for that short 15 meter (through)ball in the 4th gif, it shouldn't matter what stats the players have. Even if they have 2 passing, vision, composure, they should in my opinion still be able to give that pass without any trouble. Same for that 2nd pass decision, you should be banned ever touching a ball again in real life if that would happen. And as I said, this is combined from watching 20 minutes of full game (a bit first half, a bit second half), can't imagine how often these things happen if I watch an entire match in FM. That throw in can be a combination of things, but a player should never be put in a situation like that. Might be an one-off ofcourse, but given the fact that almost every throw-in will end up in losing the ball I think it's unrealistic. 

And I agree, you can't do anything with gifs. I'm willing to watch some more games entirely next week and open a topic with things like this. I'll upload a pkm and will write the times things like this happen. Will be a hell of a list, but hope it helps to improve, because a.t.m. I'm really not enjoying FM because this what i believe is really bad. 

Picking out one - or even a handful - of gifs showing bad passes, and using it to prove anything is difficult though.  I could pick out ten examples from every Thistle game I go to of players who are supposedly good on the ball, but turn into absolute haddies that can't play a 5 yard pass to a teammate.  With pkms going to SI, they can start looking into whether something had gone wrong.  Unfortunately we can't do the same with players and break them open to see about the hamster working the controls.

7 hours ago, El Payaso said:

I wouldn't say never but it should be a lot more difficult. Player like Traore could actually be successful in for example in a counter attacking system where his end product is an easy one as he gets behind a defence. Like the one tap-in he provides quite early in this video. Otherwise you can see that teams can quite effectively defend against him with simple doubling up and providing an end product looks difficult to him. On FM it's quite a bit different as player like this can quite comfortably leave 1-3 players just standing and put in a pinpointer inside the box. I think that wide play in general was well balanced in the previous builds but this newest one 18.2.1 has made it totally crazy.

Another thing to question is, is Adama really that good at dribbling? Or is he simply running into the spaces the opposite team allows? From the video alone, there are numerous clear instances of the teams simply forcing him into the wide areas, knowing his crossing is poor. Whenever he has to dribble through the center he often draws a foul or loses the ball, kind of indicating that his pace is the main contributor of his dribbling ability. Players with actual good dribbling ability and technique can manoeuvre through those tight areas rather than kicking it past the opponent then losing it. So maybe his dribbling & technique in game are too high?

Edited by Cap'nRad

Guest El Payaso
30 minutes ago, Cap'nRad said:

Another thing to question is, is Adama really that good at dribbling? Or is he simply running into the spaces the opposite team allows? From the video alone, there are numerous clear instances of the teams simply forcing him into the wide areas, knowing his crossing is poor. Whenever he has to dribble through the center he often draws a foul or loses the ball, kind of indicating that his pace is the main contributor of his dribbling ability. Players with actual good dribbling ability and technique can manoeuvre through those tight areas rather than kicking it past the opponent then losing it. So maybe his dribbling & technique in game are too high?

I would say that his dribbling skill level is impressive and I noticed that already when he was playing in the Premier league and many also talked about that when he was still in Barcelona. The close control of the ball in full speed is impressive and he is able to maneuver past defenders also with some small side way movement. A little bit like Messi; forget the fance stuff and be effective. But the problem with him is that he totally lacks the football intelligence and end product and by that he is quite simple to defend harmless. In my opinion the dribbling and technique stats don't make that much of a difference as the problem mainly is that there is a free lane for wide players to run with the ball. Even Kiko Femenia was summing games with more than 10 successful dribbles on my save and he has nowhere near good enough attributes to do that, well no-one in real life has, but 12-13 for technical stats is a little bit laughable or more likely sad.

Remember having him in my Oviedo team in FM 2015 two occasions and he is possibly the best player I have ever had on FM. He was (and still apparently is) like a steam train down the flank: no-one being able to stop him and he was scoring and assisting a lot.

I think that a good idea would be from @craiigman to upload some pkms of Adama's performances as based on stats you can clearly see that he is being too effective with his running.

Some really odd UI choices have been made.  Why is the in-ME tactics screen sideways?  Why does the list of subs only take up half the screen, so if I'm in a competition that allows more than 6 subs, I have to scroll the list down to set/view all of them?

In the ME, why do match events like goals/cards/subs only get a tiny display at the very top inch of the screen, instead of in its own dedicated popup in the middle?  Half the time my eyes are drawn elsewhere by other UI elements and I miss it.

The team selection screen is buggy as well.  I've seen instances where I go to another screen, come back, and suddenly players have disappeared from the list, and then they reappear when I scroll the list up and down.

1 hour ago, Peter G said:

Does that look like a bug? 

Does to me. In my save he is at Barrow, and he was at Crystal Palace from the age of 16, so not only should he get a work permit, he should qualify as 'home grown'. And, indeed, at Barrow he has English as 'other nationality'.

Why are we so many months after release, yet 95% of the crowd are wearing replica tops even in December?

Why does it still not say what number goal of the season it is in the top bar when I player scores, like it does for yellow cards?

Why does the shot chart reset to 'last 5 mins' every time you click on anything. Why does clicking on it pause the game?

All of these were reported during beta - so I can only assume the reason they are still like this is SI stubborness to accept their 18 UI is a massive step back.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Per Annum:

Why are we so many months after release, yet 95% of the crowd are wearing replica tops even in December?

Why does it still not say what number goal of the season it is in the top bar when I player scores, like it does for yellow cards?

Why does the shot chart reset to 'last 5 mins' every time you click on anything. Why does clicking on it pause the game?

All of these were reported during beta - so I can only assume the reason they are still like this is SI stubborness to accept their 18 UI is a massive step back.

At least your are playing the game again. Those issues are probably not high priority? And are they really all reported?

2 hours ago, Per Annum said:

You're right, I've absolutely never, ever, ever seen anyone do something like, you know put a replica top over something warmer in the winter months.

The other two you've got a point with, but that first one doesn't really seem like much of a problem.

The ME seems pretty unbalanced right now.  I'm not deliberately playing a flanks-based attacking system and my fullbacks (combined) are averaging about 1 assist per game.  My midfielders barely have any.

Shots from the edge of the box seem wildly inaccurate most of the time.  And I don't think I've seen a DFK so much as test the keeper yet.

12 hours ago, forameuss said:

You're right, I've absolutely never, ever, ever seen anyone do something like, you know put a replica top over something warmer in the winter months.

The other two you've got a point with, but that first one doesn't really seem like much of a problem.

The time of year is irrelevant for me, it's the fact that nearly all fans wearing replica tops makes the colour pallet garish, monotone, over-exposed and sometimes neon. In terms of aesthetics, it's a huge step backwards from FM17 - (Where I actually thought stadiums / crowds were going in the right direction)

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

The time of year is irrelevant for me, it's the fact that nearly all fans wearing replica tops makes the colour pallet garish, monotone, over-exposed and sometimes neon. In terms of aesthetics, it's a huge step backwards from FM17 - (Where I actually thought stadiums / crowds were going in the right direction)

This is something that has seemed to increase every year since 3D was introduced, but you are right this year it has escalated to the point of ridicule

15 hours ago, forameuss said:

When it's 95% of the stadium? Have a look at one of the televised games and let me know if 95% of the fans are visibly in replica kits. In FM they seem to have been handed out for free by benevolent club owners....at every club.

Looking at Bournemouth today I'd say the home fans are 20% in red, never mind actual replica kits.

4 hours ago, Per Annum said:

When it's 95% of the stadium? Have a look at one of the televised games and let me know if 95% of the fans are visibly in replica kits. In FM they seem to have been handed out for free by benevolent club owners....at every club.

Looking at Bournemouth today I'd say the home fans are 20% in red, never mind actual replica kits.

This is just one example of how poor the stadiums and other visuals are in this years release