Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

should i add this this to the bugs. the arrow shows where suso heads the ball on and you can clearly see willian in an offisde position. he hits the post then scores

This happens in real-life too, does it not? Referee errors are in-built in the game, for this very reason...

28 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

ive nevr seen it in the game, thsts why i asked the question. ive never seen incorrect decisions in the game esp offsides

Been there for ages. I distinctly remember a wrong decision in a Champions League semifinal ages and ages ago in a save of mine (maybe FM12?) which helped me squeak through to the final. In fact, there are instances where you complain about refereeing decisions and you don't get a fine/ban because the game recognises a mistake was made by the officials.

this one was about 5 yards offisdec thats why i asked wasnt marginal at all. marginl decisions i get but this one was waaaaaaaaay offside. and you would expect the game to notice it like in the commentary or the press after if indeed it was a mistake. your right mistakes happen but they cause controversy and debate this did neither 

29 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Check Bournemouth’s home page.  A long shot I know, but they may be developing their ground and therefore have a temporary ground share.

You're right mate, groundshare while their new stadium is built.

I noticed a geographical error when adding English lower leagues and setting the city boundaries. Sedgefield, had a longitude of 1.450 which if searched on an online longitude/latitude map places it in the North Sea.

It's a simple keying error as the correct longitude is -1.450.

Sedgefield.PNG

1 hour ago, aaronpassfield said:

I noticed a geographical error when adding English lower leagues and setting the city boundaries. Sedgefield, had a longitude of 1.450 which if searched on an online longitude/latitude map places it in the North Sea.

It's a simple keying error as the correct longitude is -1.450.

Sedgefield.PNG

This needs to be posted in the relevant Data Issue thread rather than in here

8 hours ago, axehan1 said:

Not sure what part of the bugs forum this should go? I just made an offer for Lewis Cook of Bournemouth,yet at the bottom of the news article it says he may not be at Vicarage Road for much longer, that's Watford??

fN9zW6a.jpg?1

Have they temporarily relocated - is their stadium being redeveloped?

vor 11 Stunden schrieb FrazT:

@Etebaer

Your frustration is understandable but please keep the feedback constructive without the language, if you ever reinstall the game and want to comment again.

English is not my first language but i know that my words but maybe one were not offensive and that one is in the context only as strong as needed to give a realistic picture of my pov and how i clearly feel about that.

I apologize i hurt someones feelings at SI making it that clear but i did not attack anyone personally and my feeling regarding this is your reaction is over the top.

Aside of that - Happy New Year!

5 hours ago, Etebaer said:

English is not my first language but i know that my words but maybe one were not offensive and that one is in the context only as strong as needed to give a realistic picture of my pov and how i clearly feel about that.

I apologize i hurt someones feelings at SI making it that clear but i did not attack anyone personally and my feeling regarding this is your reaction is over the top.

Aside of that - Happy New Year!

I accept that English is not your first language but you can get your point over without swearing- nobody's feelings are hurt but the language you used is against the forum rules.  I asked you to stop and that is what I am here for.

This ME build is by far the worst one on FM18. I am sorry but this is a long shot orgy, totally frustrating and unrealistic. Players shooting from most stupid of positions, shoots going 50 miles off target regularly, players with PPM of "shoots from distance" or "shoots with power" are useless. These to PPM are stupidly implemented since they came in to the game because players with those traits will shoot like 90% of the time instead of passing the ball even when givne PI to not shoot as often. Also, for some reason they are unable to unlearn those traits which to me is just ridicilous. I can't play Bentancur as a SV because the guy will shoot every time he has the ball and is 40 yards from the goal. And yes, he NEVER scores and almost NEVER hits the target!!! So I have to bench a very good player because his player trait makes him unusable in this game.

a lot of the problems with the current me seem to  lie withthe closing down and the full back being basically dumb and rubbish this is why so many crossed goals are getting scored. take my game against spurs. they score ealry in the first goal but when we are in poss we have 5 behind the ball to ther 2 attackers so no probs. but as they progress down the left the full back stops dead so now the winger hsa a clear run, still not a prob we have 5 running back and they have 3 forward. now the closing down problem as my defender has had to go  out wide as my fb has decided to stop or slow down. still we have these 3 centre mids covering though. no wait they all now sprint out wide as well to close and we now have 1 in the back and spurs have 4 so easy goal.

my tactics close down sometimes. 41221 we get stuck in. play on counter. 

same happens time and time again. ive heard people saying problem is with too many crossed goals but the problem is not the crossing the problem lies in the closing down and the usless full backs that seem to stop. look back at the goals you concede and see whats happening, the defensive midfielder is also pretty pointless and he just runs around like a headless chicken even though hes told to hold position he leaves the centre all the time and like the full back just walks around half the time letting people run  in on goal again benefitting the crossed goals 

1 hour ago, luka_ said:

This ME build is by far the worst one on FM18. I am sorry but this is a long shot orgy, totally frustrating and unrealistic. Players shooting from most stupid of positions, shoots going 50 miles off target regularly, players with PPM of "shoots from distance" or "shoots with power" are useless. These to PPM are stupidly implemented since they came in to the game because players with those traits will shoot like 90% of the time instead of passing the ball even when givne PI to not shoot as often. Also, for some reason they are unable to unlearn those traits which to me is just ridicilous. I can't play Bentancur as a SV because the guy will shoot every time he has the ball and is 40 yards from the goal. And yes, he NEVER scores and almost NEVER hits the target!!! So I have to bench a very good player because his player trait makes him unusable in this game.

Couldn't agree more. I have a world class player I cannot play for the same reason. Also my team never, ever scores from a direct free kick. Ever. In four seasons and my taker has a free kick attribute of 17, finishing of 18 and 16 long shots. I've played FM for years now and this is without doubt the worst match engine I've seen in terms of play, particularly shots and that's with a world class team too. It's actually really frustrating to watch the games, not fun at all.

Just a quick question... How is it really possible that several key players of my team (Eibar) which I managed to qualify for the CL with two consecutive years, are unhappy, because they want to leave my club for a 9 placed Celta og 12 placed Espanyol???? Where is the realism or logic to this??? Leicester wins PL and qualifies for the CL and Vardy vines his way to Stoke... Really?

Really disappointed with FM this year.

I usually play FM until around March time before I lose interest, but this year I started to lose interest around mid December.

My main interest has generally been creating my own tactic and watching my team play nice attractive football that leads me to success and sometimes disappointment, but nonetheless I can see the result of my efforts being reflected on the pitch.

Like every year trial and error brings me to something I like to play a career game with, however this years mindless long shots and overpowered goalkeepers (Man Utd managed 90+ points each season and won CL 3 years in a row primarily because De Gea rarely conceded a goal), have left me bored.

1 hour ago, mahanhz said:

Really disappointed with FM this year.

I usually play FM until around March time before I lose interest, but this year I started to lose interest around mid December.

My main interest has generally been creating my own tactic and watching my team play nice attractive football that leads me to success and sometimes disappointment, but nonetheless I can see the result of my efforts being reflected on the pitch.

Like every year trial and error brings me to something I like to play a career game with, however this years mindless long shots and overpowered goalkeepers (Man Utd managed 90+ points each season and won CL 3 years in a row primarily because De Gea rarely conceded a goal), have left me bored.

This years version isn't really a simulator anymore.. It is just a program with random numbers and algorithms, that doesn't even make any sense...  

23 hours ago, Scoutsy said:

Couldn't agree more. I have a world class player I cannot play for the same reason. Also my team never, ever scores from a direct free kick. Ever. In four seasons and my taker has a free kick attribute of 17, finishing of 18 and 16 long shots. I've played FM for years now and this is without doubt the worst match engine I've seen in terms of play, particularly shots and that's with a world class team too. It's actually really frustrating to watch the games, not fun at all.

indeed free kicks have been an issue since beta... so you can imagine! and now we have to wait till march for an update! can anyone from SI please say why they couldnt fix free kicks as of yet?

Edited by penza

9 ore fa, kireel ha scritto:

This years version isn't really a simulator anymore.. It is just a program with random numbers and algorithms, that doesn't even make any sense...  

I‘Ve been away from this thread for a few days, it seems that the mood  worsens the more the users play fm18, and the complaints focused MAINLY on ME...

Has anyone from SI staff acknowledge that there are issues with mindless and stupid long shots in this ME? Or is it just my tactics? :rolleyes:

It is quite interesting watching my player try and shoot from impossible angle and 40 yards from goal and the ball goes out for a throw in on the other side of the pitch. And when it happens like 10 times per match with all possible instructions given to avoid such an idiotic thing, I think we have a big problem.

1 hour ago, luka_ said:

Has anyone from SI staff acknowledge that there are issues with mindless and stupid long shots in this ME? Or is it just my tactics? :rolleyes:

It is quite interesting watching my player try and shoot from impossible angle and 40 yards from goal and the ball goes out for a throw in on the other side of the pitch. And when it happens like 10 times per match with all possible instructions given to avoid such an idiotic thing, I think we have a big problem.

Have a look in the Match Engine sub forum of the main FM 18 Bugs forum and see if there are any threads there.

So much negativity around FM 18, I'm finding the interface disappointing this year and it's prevented me from getting into a proper career game so far; how bad is the actual match engine? Is it not worth starting a career game??

Crash dumps in 2017 made game. LOL

Subbed of a player, he kept on playing the whole game, and after I did my teamtalk, game crashed. Never in my 18 years of playing have I seen such thing.

It has now probably ruined my save, even if I haven't played that much games since my last saved game.

On 1/3/2018 at 01:16, kireel said:

Unfortunately this has been my experience so far..

i am 2-0 down on the 60th minute managing a top team, I try to find a clue of why Im losing and get the following:

Player ratings are all above 6.8 and fitness is ok

stats are in my favor

body language and performance are all nothing to note and normal

assistant feedback is the same two sentences, X is isolated and the space between mid and atk is bla bla

I try watching the full match and it's a couple of repetitive sequences and crosses that weren’t meant to be as shots, Can’t see from the 3d who is playing well, who is controlling the game or which player is dominating the other.

The core of the game is rotting away while we keep adding unnecessary features and extra UI screens.

54 minutes ago, qwerty22 said:

Unfortunately this has been my experience so far..

i am 2-0 down on the 60th minute managing a top team, I try to find a clue of why Im losing and get the following:

Player ratings are all above 6.8 and fitness is ok

stats are in my favor

body language and performance are all nothing to note and normal

assistant feedback is the same two sentences, X is isolated and the space between mid and atk is bla bla

I try watching the full match and it's a couple of repetitive sequences and crosses that weren’t meant to be as shots, Can’t see from the 3d who is playing well, who is controlling the game or which player is dominating the other.

The core of the game is rotting away while we keep adding unnecessary features and extra UI screens.

I have something similar when I try to figure out why I am the only team to lose home against the newly promoted team with a 15 game losing streak. Player ratings are fine, players seems motivated, assistent manager doesn't have anything contructive to offer, and I can't say the 3D helps me very much eather. Though I suck at this game and probably miss something obvious somewhere.

12 hours ago, Colorado said:

So much negativity around FM 18, I'm finding the interface disappointing this year and it's prevented me from getting into a proper career game so far; how bad is the actual match engine? Is it not worth starting a career game??

Mostly in this thread. I gave up reading this thread due to the incessant moaning. I'm loving my save and see nothing that's close to a gamebreaker.

It's a very enjoyable game, as ever. 

The match engine needs tuning, clearly.

They need to think about data-overload, clearly (in my view). 

They need to think about aspects of the game which simply feel 'procedural' (repetitive, rule-based following of in-game indicators, which is dull as hell and takes no skill whatsoever)...

But - generally speaking - the game is not broken. It is deep, it is challenging (I find!) and it is fun.

11 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Mostly in this thread. I gave up reading this thread due to the incessant moaning. I'm loving my save and see nothing that's close to a gamebreaker.

i dont think people are moanig for the sake of it they are giving their feedback on their point of view of the game. i love the game i always have for about 24 ish years but that doesnt mean there are not problems and thats why we have the forum we feed back what is wrong they try to make the game better.

if you gave up reading then dont comment based on other peoples opinions 

I concede a crazy amount of 90+ minute goals in this years FM. It doesn't matter if I put in an extra DMC, put in an extra DC, play "Contain", do nothing... It's almost like the match engine goes "oops, you're not supposed to win this match", and then cut to a sequense where the opposite teams scores a goal.

How about "That counter-attack was launched with almost surgical precision" translates as "the centre half has hoofed it down the field while the two centre halfs seem to be completely unable to spot the man running past who smacks it in."

Must say very disappointed with the match day experience on this versions game, The match day display I find very confusing and is difficult to keep on top of what's going on in the game in-between highlights.   

Also the ME itself I find very frustrating this year, players constantly shooting from impossible places, and long shots galore, pretty much every highlight is the same, an attacking player picks up the ball, dribbles past a few players then takes a shot from miles out that goes nowhere near the goal. Very pleased with everything else in the game but the poor match day experience has made the game unplayable for me. 

Edited by sponish1

Been issued a warning because of spreading disinformation apparently. Maybe a mod can actually point me in the direction of some meaningful, working and non fluff features. I'd maybe counter the mods "opinion" on what constitutes "disinformation" when one of the most common complaints (of the many) on Steam involve lack of meaningful and useful features.

9 hours ago, Fabregas_04 said:

Been issued a warning because of spreading disinformation apparently. Maybe a mod can actually point me in the direction of some meaningful, working and non fluff features. I'd maybe counter the mods "opinion" on what constitutes "disinformation" when one of the most common complaints (of the many) on Steam involve lack of meaningful and useful features.

Your opinion on the quality or otherwise of the new features is not the issue and constructive criticism about the game and its features are welcomed.  Your statements, however, on SI's philosophy and actions on the forums are factually wrong , disrespectful, possibly libelous, contravene the house rules and have no place on the developer's forum.

11 hours ago, sponish1 said:

Must say very disappointed with the match day experience on this versions game, The match day display I find very confusing and is difficult to keep on top of what's going on in the game in-between highlights.   

Also the ME itself I find very frustrating this year, players constantly shooting from impossible places, and long shots galore, pretty much every highlight is the same, an attacking player picks up the ball, dribbles past a few players then takes a shot from miles out that goes nowhere near the goal. Very pleased with everything else in the game but the poor match day experience has made the game unplayable for me. 

Pretty much chimes with my thoughts on the current build. 

Is there a way of viewing the match details (including CCC, woodwork, half-chances etc; not just the basic shots and possession details) without having to click into 'Analysis' and then opening an entirely new window? I find this massively frustrating as it's now not possible to keep track of chance creation alongside watching the commentary, unless i'm missing something?

As for the ME, well yeah, definitely not enjoying the long-shots/decision-making of players which does seem to have been significantly amplified by the latest patch, which is a massive shame as there's obviously a lot about the game that's great.

4 minutes ago, fidelitywars said:

Pretty much chimes with my thoughts on the current build. 

Is there a way of viewing the match details (including CCC, woodwork, half-chances etc; not just the basic shots and possession details) without having to click into 'Analysis' and then opening an entirely new window? I find this massively frustrating as it's now not possible to keep track of chance creation alongside watching the commentary, unless i'm missing something?

As for the ME, well yeah, definitely not enjoying the long-shots/decision-making of players which does seem to have been significantly amplified by the latest patch, which is a massive shame as there's obviously a lot about the game that's great.

Pretty sure you can add that to one of the tabs on the main match page, I'm sure I've got match details on one of the three center tabs, then you can customise that to show whatever you want.  I think.

10 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Pretty sure you can add that to one of the tabs on the main match page, I'm sure I've got match details on one of the three center tabs, then you can customise that to show whatever you want.  I think.

Yeah, i've got it in the centre tab but from what I can see, the option to customise and add other stats is only present on the standalone tab launched via the 'Analysis' option.

Something I’ve noticed is the high ammount of assists coming from crosses.

i have two saves on the go and in both saves assists from crosses contribute towards  40/50% of all assists.

This seems quite high but I’m not sure what real life statistics are? Does anyone know? I also understand tactics heavily influence this stat but I’ve also noticed AI teams seem to have high assists in the crossing category, so I’m wondering if the balance of assists is about on average to real life or if crosses are over powered? 

9 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Something I’ve noticed is the high ammount of assists coming from crosses.

i have two saves on the go and in both saves assists from crosses contribute towards  40/50% of all assists.

This seems quite high but I’m not sure what real life statistics are? Does anyone know? I also understand tactics heavily influence this stat but I’ve also noticed AI teams seem to have high assists in the crossing category, so I’m wondering if the balance of assists is about on average to real life or if crosses are over powered? 

It should be around 33%. Adding corners and free kicks, around 40%.