Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 1 Minute schrieb rdbayly:

Have to say I'm very impressed with the change list. I found myself nodding in agreement to a host of the fixes / improvements made. 

I agree,  I started the Game right after reading the Patchnotes ... Can't wait to see the Changes . 

"- Improved balance of crosses going too close to the goalkeeper"

One of my Favorite fixes .. Thanks for that :D

Sooo... After the update my team are half invisible on the pitch. It's just their arms, heads and legs running around. I've tried to clear the cache and delete the usual folders. Is there something else I can try before I turn to the bugs section?

Small bug I've found, the widget I have (not pinned to any of the sides, just floating near the top left of the screen), keeps moving down the screen every time I go to the tactics screen and back to the pitch screen.

This specific widget I keep closed by default and only open it when needed. The other widget I have the is open by default doesn't have this issue/

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, Viking said:

Sooo... After the update my team are half invisible on the pitch. It's just their arms, heads and legs running around. I've tried to clear the cache and delete the usual folders. Is there something else I can try before I turn to the bugs section?

Try verifying your game cache as well:

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

There is an issue with the player search page as well, the row width isn't high enough

Player Search.JPG

Is that custom view per chance? Worth raising in the UI bugs forum either way please. 

Oh my god !! Offsides in comprehensive highlights STILL not fixed.

Just played my first match with 18.2. There were 9 offsides in the game and every single one was shown as a highlight! In what footballing world are non-contentious offsides considered a highlight, so annoying. 

One other small thing that will need a further look is a very slight delay in ME as player is just about to score. Anyone else notice this ?

Having real difficulty with Steam downloading the update... stuck at 68%. Getting 0 network connection even though my internet is working fine. Deleted cache and also re-installed Steam but still isn't moving. 

Any recommendations, or is there an alternative way to download the update without Steam?

Love the UI optimisation. So much more responsive.
Still not a fan of the scouting cards but i do like the addition to  add/remove from shortlist and add as transfer target.

For the database changes; do you really have to start a new save for them to work or does it work removing those leagues for a season and then adding them in again at a later point?
Or is it actually save game-bound?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb roykela:

For the database changes; do you really have to start a new save for them to work or does it work removing those leagues for a season and then adding them in again at a later point?
Or is it actually save game-bound?

It is part of your saved game, so you need to start a new save. 

3 hours ago, haffaz77 said:

I agree,  I started the Game right after reading the Patchnotes ... Can't wait to see the Changes . 

"- Improved balance of crosses going too close to the goalkeeper"

One of my Favorite fixes .. Thanks for that :D

Is this the "He surely didn't mean that!"? If so awesome.

The first thing I noticed with the new patch is that the pop up in the upper bar that was appearing when a correct goal was scored, is not present anymore.. is that a bug or a choice? It was useful to distinguish regular goals by those that were going to be canceled due to offside or foul.

EDIT: cache erased, skin reloaded and problem solved!

The second one is that finally now the inside forward on the wing contribute A LOT MORE in the game, they finally score and get good marks! I was almost erasing my beloved 4-3-3! :) 

Edited by LolloViola

2 hours ago, Tubbs said:

Oh my god !! Offsides in comprehensive highlights STILL not fixed.

Just played my first match with 18.2. There were 9 offsides in the game and every single one was shown as a highlight! In what footballing world are non-contentious offsides considered a highlight, so annoying. 

One other small thing that will need a further look is a very slight delay in ME as player is just about to score. Anyone else notice this ?

The highlights aren't the problem, the number of offsides is. The real life average is 4 per game,  in FM it's about 8-10. There are usually several players with close to or more than 100 offsides a season in FM, IRL Harry Kane has the most in the PL with 21 after 17 games

11 minutes ago, s1111 said:

The highlights aren't the problem, the number of offsides is. The real life average is 4 per game,  in FM it's about 8-10. There are usually several players with close to or more than 100 offsides a season in FM, IRL Harry Kane has the most in the PL with 21 after 17 games

Sorry mate, but highlights are the problem. Offsides are not highlights. The ME in comprehensive mode does not show every throw in, every goal kick or even every free kick. Yet it shows EVERY damn offside.....drives me nuts

The sound is totally screwed also. I use a customised audio commentary that worked perfectly before the update but regardless even using the default sound setup there's a fault as there is no sound at all if you watch replays of other teams or even your own ! 

First match after update.  This is what i had:

5a3331601b7d1_TottenhamvAAGent_MatchReview.thumb.jpg.fb8ce02944333fda281e9eecd30267eb.jpg

Should i be concerned with the number of shots and shots on target..?

On top of that, is this guy positioning intended..?

5a3332104d56a_TottenhamvAAGent_MatchPitch-2.thumb.jpg.9b7eef3083677e38678d41c1ab9fd668.jpg

Tottenham v AA Gent_ Match Pitch.jpg

Edited by ak71

Is there any way that these options can in some way be changed? I know they are designed to be 'in the middle' but depending on how many options you get, if you are clicking along, often its easy to find yourself clicking on 'Make Offer' rather than 'Get Analyst Report' or click 'Get Analyst Report' instead of 'Get Scout report' etc.

Seen two or three people streaming on twitch doing exactly the same thing as myself, not even realising then getting a scout report come back and going 'oh no that was half my scouting budget' (low level teams etc).

Can we not have an option to standardise where these buttons pop up please? Even better, an optional one, that you can toggle on and off?

FM6.jpg

1 hour ago, ak71 said:

First match after update.  This is what i had:

5a3331601b7d1_TottenhamvAAGent_MatchReview.thumb.jpg.fb8ce02944333fda281e9eecd30267eb.jpg

Should i be concerned with the number of shots and shots on target..?

You very much should be, because most of them must have been poor to average. Which may cost you points further down the line. Or else there would be more than a goal in here very likely. I thought this was done for, no matter how ridiculously "attacking" the tactic. It's the first time I've seen something approaching anything like this in FM18. No less as the generally shot counts were down for AI in general likewise (for better, and sometimes, arguably worse). A prime candidate of a match worth reporting, if you ask me. The AI playing 4-4-2 deep apparently seems a clue.

Edited by Svenc

5 hours ago, Svenc said:

You very much should be, because most of them must have been poor to average. Which may cost you points further down the line. Or else there would be more than a goal in here very likely. I thought this was done for, no matter how ridiculously "attacking" the tactic. It's the first time I've seen something approaching anything like this in FM18. No less as the generally shot counts were down for AI in general likewise (for better, and sometimes, arguably worse). A prime candidate of a match worth reporting, if you ask me. The AI playing 4-4-2 deep apparently seems a clue.

Thanks Svenc for the advice. 

Currently, i'm monitoring the situation. 

Right now, second match after update. I had 27 shots and 13 on target. Game ended 4-0, which to me, a more realistic data. Besides that, the positioning of the physio (?) seems to be at the right place. 

FM2018 is really turning me crazy and pauper. 😂

Lagging is still there, not only for the match, for the calendar as well.  😖

11 hours ago, janesy20 said:

What on earth have you done to this game in the update? Results since update:

3-3
1-0
0-5
5-0
6-4

Far too many goals per game defending has gone completely out the window.

Same for me,+ a lot of penalties. 

Edited by GOODNAME

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Scf101 said:

I have been looking in preferences, but can't seem to find where?

When on the main menu, go to preferences.

It'll be available to turn off by the in-match sound option.

If you go into the preferences in a save, the option isn't available.