Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, roykela said:

I like the idea of the pre-match tactical advice summary, but i find it being pretty useless in areas.
Like, Team Instructions To Add.
In my current pre-match advice i'm being advised to "Be More Disciplined" and "Stick To Positions".
Reasons - Would improve our chances of a result.
That's great.
Then i want to see how and why my assistant thinks those will improve our chances and i get this:

6af2106b650328b4f5e08f0376185c13.png

Cool. But i want to know why he thinks that. This doesn't tell me anything.
Had someone given me that advice, the person giving it would've told me why. If not, then i would've asked why.
Stick To Positions gives me the same.
That is not a reason.  That's just a statement of belief based on nothing/something. The way the advice is presented to me, it gives me nothing.

Same with Formation.
"I think 4-4-2 would be suitable ahead of our next match.
Ok, i'm listening. Why do you think so?
Because i recommend it!
Ok....?!".

Of course the assistant might be wrong with his advice, but i would learn something from it.
And the advice could probably work against a different team. But it would still be up to me to identify if it would work or not against this particular team.

It's like the advice is given just because.

When clicking the advice given in the news item it would've been nice to be given some context, when clicking the reasons.
As in, why do you say what you're saying?

I always thought the same with training preferred moves. I ask my coach to train a player to do something, the coach says it won't work and suggests something else seemingly randomly, I insist and lo and behold, 6 months later the move is successful. It happens all the time. I want to know why the coach is telling me it won't work and why he thinks something else would be better.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the expectation of a top ten finish in Wolves' first season back in the Premier League sound right to you? I think this is unrealistic. Avoid relegation / safe mid table finish I would accept, but top half is a bit of a stretch for a newly promoted side.

image.thumb.png.387df12c7290f95fd71dfa4724a33cd6.png

I'm noticing a lot of goals both for me and the AI coming from perfect long balls up the pitch. Typically from a defender a fair way into their own half, straight to a striker who's able to finish one on one.

Is this happening at higher levels of football? So far I've only played up to National League South. Either way, it doesn't seem right that defenders are so inept at dealing with it.

Game is too slow loading pages even in a SSD. I have a short DB 9 leagues and 4,5 stars.

The 3D is too bright i try to install some mods but it didn't work for me. No filters this year (¿Why?)

There are stuttering in the 3D especially when the cam move fast. I have 5 stars 3D rating.

I miss more variety of scoring.

I don't know how to explain this in "constructive" way cause my english is not so good.

Edited by Altair

On 04/12/2017 at 10:54, wateronglass said:

I'm noticing a lot of goals both for me and the AI coming from perfect long balls up the pitch. Typically from a defender a fair way into their own half, straight to a striker who's able to finish one on one.

Is this happening at higher levels of football? So far I've only played up to National League South. Either way, it doesn't seem right that defenders are so inept at dealing with it.

It's their tactics!!  :D

Yeah, it's extremely common in my game but I'm in Tier 8 and I'd say it's pretty realistic at the lower levels. After getting caught out many times early doors, I learned how to take maximum advantage by adopting a 4-2-3-1 very deep formation with a packed, deep defence. I have all the defence and a DM on defence duties and the rest on support duties in a counter-attacking mentality. It makes it extremely hard for the oppo to get behind my defenders - who are weak individually but weight of numbers stifles the opposition at that level.  For my goals my players basically launch long hopeful balls over the top of slow and lumbering oppo defenders. It works because I have one striker, playing as a DLF(s) who is quick and good off the ball who can get to those balls and move in on goal. His back-ups are ineffective because they just watch the ball sail over their heads. Those long through balls aren't perfect by any means, otherwise the useless targetman would have the ball delivered onto his bonce and would chalk up the goals with his decent finishing attribute. Fact is, he never gets a strike on goal because he's incapable of chasing after those punts from the defence.

On 12/1/2017 at 09:03, RandomGuy. said:

I understand that players can miss chances, but there's just no reason someone with all those boxes ticked doesn't even hit the target there. It's like I'd used up my quota of shots on target for the match. 

Why should he want to hit the target? He wants to score a goal therefore he wants to aim his shot towards posts or between the legs of the goalkeeper as that would give him best chance of scoring a goal. If he wants to only "hit the target" he can smash it towards the centre of the goal as that gives him best chance of hitting the target. That would probably result in him hitting the keeper as the keeper is out of his line.

This is the current ME at his worst...a match settled largely by set pieces, both for and adverse, notwithstanding training focus on defensive set pieces, a carefully adjusted routine and so on...it's ridicolous...as they've told me to upload, here is the upload of the pkm really hope could help somehow...

Nelson v Halkyn 0, 450_fm.pkm

Nelson v Halkyn 0, 450_fm-1.pkm

Nelson v Halkyn 0, 450_fm-2.pkm

Nelson v Halkyn 0, 450_fm-3.pkm

Nelson v Halkyn 0, 450_fm-4.pkm

Nelson v Halkyn.pkm

Edited by jam jameson

14 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

This is the current ME at his worst...a match settled largely by set pieces, both for and adverse, notwithstanding training focus on defensive set pieces, a carefully adjusted routine and so on...it's ridicolous...as they've told me to upload, here is the upload of the pkm really hope could help somehow...

Nelson v Halkyn.pkm

If you have issues you wish to report, please do so in the bugs forum with PKMs and timed examples of whatever the issue is.

11 hours ago, jam jameson said:

Nelson v Halkyn.pkm

I have to disagree, I'm finding the variation in goals is fairly decent, nice defence splitting passes, one twos, wingers getting to the bye line crossing for tap ins and long range shots.

My biggest gripe with the ME is the really stupid things players tend to do on a regular basis. Try to take a shot when surrounded by 4 players, not seeing a pass coming and the ball hits them on their back or the back of the legs, players run to stop a ball from going it and after stopping it run past the ball and watch the opposition take it away from them. Player with high shooting stats missing the target by about 5 yards, player with high pass stats play a 10 yard pass at rocket speed and players with high composure stats missing simple one on ones.

Is there a problem with corner man marking? I'm employing a system with 5 man markers and 2 zonal ones but I see way too often that nobody is actually marking anyone before the corner is taken (which often results in opposition goals).

8 hours ago, jc1 said:

I have to disagree, I'm finding the variation in goals is fairly decent, nice defence splitting passes, one twos, wingers getting to the bye line crossing for tap ins and long range shots.

My biggest gripe with the ME is the really stupid things players tend to do on a regular basis. Try to take a shot when surrounded by 4 players, not seeing a pass coming and the ball hits them on their back or the back of the legs, players run to stop a ball from going it and after stopping it run past the ball and watch the opposition take it away from them. Player with high shooting stats missing the target by about 5 yards, player with high pass stats play a 10 yard pass at rocket speed and players with high composure stats missing simple one on ones.

All these things happen in real-life football tbf, although the frequency some of them happen in FM is somewhat extreme.

49 minutes ago, Mons said:

All these things happen in real-life football tbf, although the frequency some of them happen in FM is somewhat extreme.

I've yet to see top pro players like Rooney, Aguero etc take a shot from the edge of the box and miss the goals by 5 yards either side, still to see someone like Kane have 3 guys in front of him and he just decides to kick it against them instead of looking at a pass to a teammate. Still to see a top pro turn his back on play and allow a pass from 10 yards away to hit him on the bum or the back of the legs. Still to see a top pro receive a pass and then stand completely still while the opposition just takes the ball way from him.

Some things I do like about the ME is the variation in goals, loads of defence splitting passes, one twos, back heels etc

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

I've yet to see top pro players like Rooney, Aguero etc take a shot from the edge of the box and miss the goals by 5 yards either side, still to see someone like Kane have 3 guys in front of him and he just decides to kick it against them instead of looking at a pass to a teammate. Still to see a top pro turn his back on play and allow a pass from 10 yards away to hit him on the bum or the back of the legs. Still to see a top pro receive a pass and then stand completely still while the opposition just takes the ball way from him.

Some things I do like about the ME is the variation in goals, loads of defence splitting passes, one twos, back heels etc

Then you really haven't seen a lot of football, have you? Took me all of 5 seconds to find an example of your first instance and cba look for the others.

http://www.givemesport.com/1110599-wayne-rooney-mocked-for-terrible-shot-for-everton-in-europa-league

Like I said, the frequency at which they happen needs to be looked at, especially at elite level, but saying it shouldn't happen at all would not be representative of real football imo

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

We'll Kane does that pretty much every game, when he gets a sniff at goal he'll just shoot, and it does get blocked, its what he does, why he scores so many goals because he'll just shoot rather then pass , its one thing I hate in his game but then he scores so many goals. On whoscored site you can see he has pretty much same ratio of blocked/off target/on target shot's.Screenshot_20171206-102443.thumb.png.c3e2cd047230add5e834c547a53e6dd7.png

35 minutes ago, coreytst said:

We'll Kane does that pretty much every game, when he gets a sniff at goal he'll just shoot, and it does get blocked, its what he does, why he scores so many goals because he'll just shoot rather then pass , its one thing I hate in his game but then he scores so many goals. On whoscored site you can see he has pretty much same ratio of blocked/off target/on target shot's.Screenshot_20171206-102443.thumb.png.c3e2cd047230add5e834c547a53e6dd7.png

You've completely confused me now.

Are you saying that the game should include more of this? Or that the game presently includes more of what you mentioned than is realistic?

10 minutes ago, Mons said:

You've completely confused me now.

Are you saying that the game should include more of this? Or that the game presently includes more of what you mentioned than is realistic?

My bad, some text is missing for some reason.

The game for me is on par with things like blocked shots, a striker is designed to shoot when he thinks he has even the smallest chance of hitting the target (which will cause keeper to make a save) if nothing else is on or he's greedy and wants to try score, the shot might go in, it might cause keeper to spill it or knock it out to an on coming player who scores the rebound.

But you said you've never seen someone like Kane just shoot at players and I was saying that its what he does every game in real life, when he had a team mate free but will just shoot and it irritates me but then he has a high volume of shots and goals so what do I know about being a striker.

I get the frustration with players missing the target frequently from a few yards and the ball goes five yards passed the post, in my save I have had that happen a lot but then I can't expect every shot to go in but I do like the match engine but things like the frequency of those missed attempts are annoying, in real life he would've prob scored but then the saying you would've bet your house on him scoring comes to mind.

I apologise if I'm rambling, not very well at the min.

5 hours ago, Mons said:

Then you really haven't seen a lot of football, have you? Took me all of 5 seconds to find an example of your first instance and cba look for the others.

http://www.givemesport.com/1110599-wayne-rooney-mocked-for-terrible-shot-for-everton-in-europa-league

Like I said, the frequency at which they happen needs to be looked at, especially at elite level, but saying it shouldn't happen at all would not be representative of real football imo

It's the frequency I was on about, yes top players can have the occasional shot way off but it happens far too often in game.

4 hours ago, coreytst said:

I get that with Kane but defenders close him down  knowing he's going to shoot a lot but Kane will not attempt a shot when 3 defenders are literally 4 feet in front of him, he has more nous than that and he'll look for a pass in that situation. Also have you ever seen Dele Ali kick a ball off the legs of the player in front of him, instead of turning to go another direction or look for a sideways pass to an open player, nope lets just stand here and kick the ball against the 2 players standing there for no apparent reason.

I posted this in FM Touch thread but it's a bit quiet in there, I'm not sure if the matchday screens are different in the full fat FM, but the Info tab seems to be missing on the matchday screen on the FMT desktop version. 

At half time how do you see the opposition player ratings?? Unbelievable if this wasn't raised during testing.

How do you check attendance during the game? I often like to have a check at HT.

I'm trying really hard to like this game but I just can't take to the feel of it. Feels like the worst FM I've played in a while now.

They've made a real emphasis on pushing the graphics but the reality is, in this day and age they're still nowhere near realistic or good enough sorry.

I'd love to be able to say how great this game is but it feels like a backwards step from FM 17.

Edited by Colorado

19 ore fa, KlaaZ ha scritto:

Is there a problem with corner man marking? I'm employing a system with 5 man markers and 2 zonal ones but I see way too often that nobody is actually marking anyone before the corner is taken (which often results in opposition goals).

I’d rather say a big problem, but as usually it’s down to our tactics...

7 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

I’d rather say a big problem, but as usually it’s down to our tactics...

That's because it usually is. Defensive freekicks are an issue as well, raised a thread about man markers rushing forward to mark opposing players staying back in the bugs section for that.

Anyone else think the post match media comments before you enter the dressing room are a bit off - I recently won a match on penalties and it referred to avoiding the "dreaded penalty shoot out", also just had a drawn match where I dominated on all the stats yet the post match media comment is "'opposition' manager will be wondering why they weren't able to win the game".

Just wondering whether SI are planning an update before Christmas this year?

Before anyone says I know 'it will be out when it's out' blah blah. I'm just asking as I want to start my first proper game shall we day but may hold off if an update is coming up. I'm fairly happy with the game to be honest mind you.

I am sure you know what the answer is to your question, but I will repeat that nobody can tell you if and when an update will be released, because only SI know.  We can only tell you what has happened in previous versions and that there have been updates released around Xmas in previous years.

On 12/4/2017 at 14:54, wateronglass said:

Also playing at that level and having a fast striker is basically cheat mode. Defenders seem to take an eternity to react to long balls while attackers are already moving.

Why are players still shutting down in predictable moments? I can't be the only one who's experienced this over the past few years.

Typically when the ball hits the woodwork, players will stand around like melons for up to two seconds as if the ball has gone out of play, and often miss out on easy potential rebound goals.

And the other situation is after the opposing team take possession after a free kick / corner. Players are far too slow to stop sitting in/around their box even with a more defensive mentality, often relying on the last man on defence to get beaten before they decide they need to haul back and get in position.

Because SEGA's product is below any imaginable standards wateronglass, that's why.

I wanted to upload on youtube a stupid goal I received, only to look on replays to see a completely different, just as stupid, goal being scored.  I am completely tired seeing the same bugged goals being scored as they were on FM11. If I threw the money I spent on FM18 on the ground, it would have been the same.

I'm still seeing successful tackles leaving other strikers 1 on 1 with the keeper, I'm still seeing 10 woodwork shots per match, none of which ever do go in off the woodwork, I'm still seeing the same 50 shots on goal - 0 goals and 1 shot rebounded of a defender going in for the opposition.

Terrible, terrible game. I've left a negative review on Steam as well.

Could not be more disappointed with SEGA at this very moment.  Quitting until after January's patch. I hope you guys will make amends.

Guest El Payaso

mid.thumb.png.fc4b0c9979ade476bbf0520a36336f3c.png

Have to say that I'm really disappointed with this so called "customer service" part from SI. Second year in a row where basically all of my reports in bugs area are completely ignored. Something like "that is something that we cannot fix" would be nice so I could save my time and stop uploading those few examples that I have. As a paying customer that should be the least that I will get but apparently I'm not getting that. 

This in the game is the area that needs a lot of work in the future. As you can see here: there is no way that Chelsea could access the edge of the penalty area or even 25 meters from the goal by passing and it has been like that all game long and especially Morata is all the time tightly marked which both limits his touches on the ball and also forces him to mainly make rushed first touch pass attempts. In FM this area is really bad and the midfield positioning and loose marking especially on deep dropping strikers make the engine look really bad when you compare it to real football. Currently seeing midfielders dropping way too deep and close to the defensive line and even when doing that they cannot block the lane between striker(s) and midfielders to prevent them linking with each other. 

By that especially 2 or 3 striker formations become over powering as the deeper striker can always freely set up his team mates and the more runner type of striker always has an advantage on through balls compared to the strikers. Also midfielders still are summing up totally crazy amounts of passes and the game fails to create any good quick breaks where teams goal lots of goals in real life. 

I know that this basically is waste of time and repeating myself but currently I simply don't want to play the game especially on those days when I first watch real football and then go to FM just to see strikers dominating the game and all defensive positioning being way off. 

Put on a refund request. Doubt that I'm getting it anymore but I feel that it is time to say goodbye to Football Manager.

On 07/12/2017 at 19:21, Swindon69 said:

Also anyone else think there are a lot of superb sliding tackles pulled off?

Not sure if this is an animation issue but I too am seeing plenty of sliding tackles per-match that look like world beater tackles.

59 minutes ago, Lexis said:

I'm still seeing successful tackles leaving other strikers 1 on 1 with the keeper, I'm still seeing 10 woodwork shots per match, none of which ever do go in off the woodwork, I'm still seeing the same 50 shots on goal - 0 goals and 1 shot rebounded of a defender going in for the opposition

Whilst it's arguably been a long-term weakness connected a few to defender engagement, it's traditionally only been possible if you make  as side play like no side in football does. It's connected typically to highly compressing the area going forward (throwing every single player upfield, playing very narrow), in particular against defensive sides compressing precisely that area itself. They always easily get a foot into play then, but, and that is arguably the game flaw, oft not quickly enough to bring the shot count completely down, but rather force you into rushed attemps ---- or fouls and deflections for added set pieces. Added shot counts make higher woodwork hits more likely in general, it is the nature of the shots in rushed spacees that makes their likelyhood doubly higher. All in all stuff that isn't regularly converted. As long as the AI doesn't concede, it's never forced to open up / risk losing the match, and then that repeats on every attack.

I reported such last season, and such stuff may typically slip testing as no AI plays such tactics. Sensible football stuff has never done such, ever, from my experience. Which is why I've never had this, not even in a one-off match. Not in ten years now! Quick check:

- You play a top heavy formation and have no defend duty in midfield. As a consequence, every single player ends up sitting in front of the opposition box
- You play a narrow formation, play even narrower and have the wide backs encouraged to stay narrow too
- A combination of the above. Both of which eventually make the area of play ridiculously small and easy to defend (at least, easy enough to always engage the ball carrier).

won5LZe.jpg

NIiCxfr.jpg

As a conseeuqnce of each, you will never spread the play wide, nor will you eventually have anybody staying deeper for balls from deep stretching the play, plus forcing opposition to push up again to engage that deeper player.  A team dropping deep/keeping things tight tries to compress the area around its box all itself, in-game with defensive AI or in football. You also rarely will get quickly behind their lines, so every other attack lookds like that .If you play into its hands, that's traditionally where the damage is from. Sadly, AI does this too on occasion in the more frequent releases, if not quite in the most illogical combinations. They drop points that way, as most their shots make the keeper look pretty damn good. It could be argued naturally that another flaw is that AI only reacts to reputation, rather than what sides are specifically doing. In real football, every team coming against such obviously limited would play that way... I may also add that stuff like that is naturally very popular around the Steam Workshops / Fansites offering download tactics.

Edited by Svenc

I only have one DM as DLP - D, indeed, while playing a balanced formation in regards to width. While I do understand what compression will eventually cause in the box, I cannot comprehend how players with extremely high attributes (Messi, Suarez, Neymar) and otherwise in good form and with good morale, can barely score a one on one. I'd say one in three or four one on one clean chances. Furthermore, I cannot for the love of god comprehend how a player with Messi's technical finnesse shows the ball on his left foot (strong foot) and shoots 10 meters wide of the goal. CONSTANTLY. It feels like maximum attributes no longer have the impact they should have. A player like Messi should be deadly whenever he shoots from inside the box, that is far from the case here. Same for Suarez, Neymar. 

Again, I understand the element of compression, but when the chance is clean and the player gets a shot from 6-11 meters, I'm expecting the likes of MSN to be able to score from there easily. Yet either the keeper saves it, or they hit the woodwork, obviously never going in off it. And then a random, mediocre player from the opposition hits a 25 yarder screamer against all logic lol. Or a shot rebounded of a defender. Or a corner where players seemingly stay completely unmarked for whatever the reason. Or the defender clears the ball into another defender and then the ball rebounds to an attacker. 

Did I mention about wide players crossing behind the net at least half of their attempts? As in players that are legitimate crossers.

48 minuti fa, El Payaso ha scritto:

mid.thumb.png.fc4b0c9979ade476bbf0520a36336f3c.png

Have to say that I'm really disappointed with this so called "customer service" part from SI. Second year in a row where basically all of my reports in bugs area are completely ignored. Something like "that is something that we cannot fix" would be nice so I could save my time and stop uploading those few examples that I have. As a paying customer that should be the least that I will get but apparently I'm not getting that. 

This in the game is the area that needs a lot of work in the future. As you can see here: there is no way that Chelsea could access the edge of the penalty area or even 25 meters from the goal by passing and it has been like that all game long and especially Morata is all the time tightly marked which both limits his touches on the ball and also forces him to mainly make rushed first touch pass attempts. In FM this area is really bad and the midfield positioning and loose marking especially on deep dropping strikers make the engine look really bad when you compare it to real football. Currently seeing midfielders dropping way too deep and close to the defensive line and even when doing that they cannot block the lane between striker(s) and midfielders to prevent them linking with each other. 

By that especially 2 or 3 striker formations become over powering as the deeper striker can always freely set up his team mates and the more runner type of striker always has an advantage on through balls compared to the strikers. Also midfielders still are summing up totally crazy amounts of passes and the game fails to create any good quick breaks where teams goal lots of goals in real life. 

I know that this basically is waste of time and repeating myself but currently I simply don't want to play the game especially on those days when I first watch real football and then go to FM just to see strikers dominating the game and all defensive positioning being way off. 

Put on a refund request. Doubt that I'm getting it anymore but I feel that it is time to say goodbye to Football Manager.

Cannot add any comment because it’s a common feeling, both towards the game and the post-sale so-called assistance from SI

39 minutes ago, Lexis said:

Again, I understand the element of compression, but when the chance is clean and the player gets a shot from 6-11 meters, I'm expecting the likes of MSN to be able to score from there easily. Yet either the keeper saves it, or they hit the woodwork, obviously never going in off it. And then a random, mediocre player from the opposition hits a 25 yarder screamer against all logic lol. Or a shot rebounded of a defender. Or a corner where players seemingly stay completely unmarked for whatever the reason. Or the defender clears the ball into another defender and then the ball rebounds to an attacker.

One on one conversion rates are roughly 1 in 3 in football and that is for the top players. More difficult ones verge more on the 1 in 4 to 1 in 5 type, in particular at no angle. I have never seen a single match with 50 shots so far where such chances (or better ones, such as actually tap-ins with the keeper taken out of the picture) are some created consistently. It is the contrary, players are fooled by the numbers, don't count how many shots they create purely from set piece play, and then have extremely high demands on the few reasonably quality that may be in there as they are else used to worse. There is a slight element of player motivation coming in here also, as from missing such huge amounts, they become frustrated or nervous, which can also slightly (!) rub off on the conversion of few quality that may be in there, or else it would be cosmetical. Same as a keeper growing a few in confidence after making reasonably easy save after reasonably easy save. Plus, such high shot counts have traditionally only been possible with "game breaking" "illogical" tactics such as the above attempts, unless there was a significant gap in quality between both sides. I'm surprised it's still actually doable, as from my impression the shot counts have gone down significantly. Not even league dominating sides consistently create 25+ shots anymore, as it used to be. Your best bet was to upload the match in the bugs forums, personally surprised by this, as I consider this a flaw too, which is why I've reported that tactic last season and initially was glad that the overall shot counts seemed lower.

I'm confident that if FM would deal in an xG metric, connected to the actual shot calculations "under the hood", the graphics would look somewhat like this. As long as it's all a bit subjective judgement and playing experience, all players can do is agree to disagree. 50 shots no goals? Never. Upload this in the bugs forums if actually true, I wanted to see this investigated too. Crystal Palace needed 80  shots this season to score their first goals (two months into the season), but such consistently streaks over weeks, which are a comparably common occurance in football over multiple months the game has imo never replicated, and probably may not ever aim to for good reason. Such one-offs should be worth investigating for aforementioned flaws though.

Edited by Svenc

4 hours ago, Lexis said:

I only have one DM as DLP - D, indeed, while playing a balanced formation in regards to width. While I do understand what compression will eventually cause in the box, I cannot comprehend how players with extremely high attributes (Messi, Suarez, Neymar) and otherwise in good form and with good morale, can barely score a one on one. I'd say one in three or four one on one clean chances. Furthermore, I cannot for the love of god comprehend how a player with Messi's technical finnesse shows the ball on his left foot (strong foot) and shoots 10 meters wide of the goal. CONSTANTLY. It feels like maximum attributes no longer have the impact they should have. A player like Messi should be deadly whenever he shoots from inside the box, that is far from the case here. Same for Suarez, Neymar. 

Did I mention about wide players crossing behind the net at least half of their attempts? As in players that are legitimate crossers.

On 12/5/2017 at 23:29, jc1 said:

On 12/6/2017 at 08:40, jc1 said:

On 12/6/2017 at 15:00, jc1 said:

It's the frequency I was on about, yes top players can have the occasional shot way off but it happens far too often in game.

My posts here reiterate exactly what you've been saying.

2 hours ago, jc1 said:

My posts here reiterate exactly what you've been saying.

That's great, you could actually report it then. Lexis had this since FM 2011, I've never had this ever (that is, until I tried some tactics shared and tried to replicate what was typically "mass reported" on fansites, as they are dominated by them. Not even in a single match ever since FM 2008. Since the only difference is our input  (unless there's different versions going around...). Plus our perception of things. Despite some of those tactics being totally illogical and trash, you'd still have this every other match at best. Which is in no small parts thanks to AI not being able to properly respond to it (only doing so by random chance basically). Indeed, the most ranting about it cant take the added odd point drop on the chin, in parts naturally connected that human players are all Kevin Keegan type of managers, attacking from the off, whilst AI happily has up to 6 guys or thereabouts on defend duty if it wants (not always to much benefit).... so would never see this in reverse for them. 

However, his opinion that top players should burry it simply because they#re in the box also sounds massively simplistic and completely contradicts what's happening in football from my end, so who knows. I hope tweaking and tuning this will be based on actually quality reports and feedback, and real life research rather than random vents either way, as understandable as frustration can be. I've reported when I found such last year, and initially was hopeful when looking at AI stats too that this was some tuned so that defenders engage quickly enough to stop the added low percentage shots from at all happening. What was also encouraging was the lower corner counts, which by FM 2014 could go up to 30+ in a match when doing similar, upon which your side would basically do nothing but see every single attack deflected for a corner (and the shot count taking a huge noise dive simply because of that -- on the odd day you may score three goals from corners in a match, however in-game or otherwise, that is against the odds a few). I still have a suspicious that if there was a way to compare this to football, we'd find the game has less shots from open play than football in general, no less because in almost any such match in-game (a team dominating "shot counts" dropping points), the majority of shots are always from set pieces, when in real football that is not at all always the case. Hope you guys will do the same then.

Edited by Svenc

I guess I'll post this here, no doubt to get lost in many pages of stuff but I cant see a forum specifically for the draft etc so...

Basically what the heck has happened to the draft? I used to love it, played it with a couple mates on various versions in the past and was REALLY looking forward to the changes. We tried to play and aside from the game pausing completely every match for upwards of 10 minutes sometimes (and nothing we did would seem to fix this), aside from the fact that a 3rd person trying to watch a match basically gets dumped into the match engine and left watching the warmups and never gets to watch the match. ITS TOUCH. ITS FM LITE. Where are my shouts? Why can I not set opposition instructions PRE-GAME (have to pause and do them and hope pausing it doesnt break the thing). Why is the interface SO DRASTICALLY CUT DOWN from the normal game? Again, why can I not do shouts? (asking twice because I use shouts SO much as part of my game style). Draft is completely RUINED for me. A huge part of FM, playing drafts with my mates and a thing I was actually LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING UPDATED now complete utter pants! Oh and ofc there was no beta to provide feedback for it, draft wasn't included...

TL:DR why is the draft now only a cut down Touch version of the game? Why does the draft perform like its being run on a laptop? Where is the forum for draft related issues?

Edit - Might as well call it Online DAFT now.

Edit - Okay that might be harsh but, its not the same. I didn't want it to be the SAME but I also didn't want this FM Touch feeling experience. Just disappointed thats all.

Edited by Mallo
Adding more to edits etc.

Apologies if I've missed this earlier in the thread as I haven't had chance to read through it, but does anyone else notice the whistle going for corners etc. a second or so before they've actually been conceded, ALL THE BLOODY TIME? For example, a low cross is aimed in toward the near post by a full-back, but looks set to go out for a goal kick or be gathered by the keeper. The goalkeeper moves towards it to collect it, but before he even gets there, the whistle goes and the commentary says that there'll be a corner. That's just one example but it happens in other instances (i.e. the whistle going and a corner being given before the relevant animation has even happened). Very shoddy and annoying.

While I'm on the subject, goalkeepers mishandling innocuous crosses and spilling them behind for a corner or carrying them over the line accidentally happens WAY too much. Seriously, tone it down SI.

Edited by Maleven

3 hours ago, jam jameson said:

During a game I had this weird 'graphic' issue: I've got six (6) away fans with me (check the box top left) but the 3d actually shows a full end...in the poor desing of the stadia, this is another pain...Inked20171210072003_1_LI.thumb.jpg.b81cfd148c005bfb2bd35a10e81c7914.jpgInked20171210072003_1_LI.thumb.jpg.b81cfd148c005bfb2bd35a10e81c7914.jpg

Yeah, my travelling support is clearly a gang of criminals sneaking past the turnstiles and climbing over walls. Naughty boys!

52 minuti fa, FrazT ha scritto:

The second issue has been reported and is under review.

If you have pkms of matches where the first issue appears, then please open a thread in the Bugs forum and upload them for review.

Sorry frazT, are you referring To my screenshot of odd away attendance? Do you think would be useful to raise in the ME bug section with PKM added? Thanks