Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CFuller said:

Can somebody please convince me that this scenario actually makes sense?

Which option did you choose at the beginning of the season? Avoid relegation or battle for mid-table finish? (forget about media prediction for a moment)
If it was the former, then your choice in the team talk was right and this is one more example that this area (interactions) needs a lot of work.
If it was the latter, then you picked the wrong option in the team talk.

7 minutes ago, oulzac said:

Why do so many players have 1 determination?

Because the researchers haven't set a standard value, they left it to "0", so the game generates one for the player, randomly.
Yeah, one more area that needs a lot of work (attribute distribution templates)...

Edited by ilkork

Just now, ilkork said:

Which option did you choose at the beginning of the season? Avoid relegation or battle for mid-table finish? (forget about media prediction for a moment)
If it was the former, then your choice in the team talk was right and this is one more example that this area (interactions) needs a lot of work.
If it was the latter, then you picked the wrong option in the team talk.

The lowest objective I could choose was mid-table, so I went with that. (The team was predicted to finish 19th, though, If I'm not mistaken.)

As if I didn't know it already, I have to admit now that I didn't choose the best option. :D

Have to agree with people about the UI, pointless clicking to do simple things and the scouting being really bad this year. I don't think I need to add anything else as it's all been said already.

Still playing, though I'm not sure for how much longer as the scouting, more than anything else, is just driving me up the wall.

All in all I feel this is the worst release in quite some time and if I could, I would get a refund but I've played too many hours now, which is very annoying as it takes hours to find out what the game is all about.

Edited by dking

Just now, CFuller said:

The lowest objective I could choose was mid-table, so I went with that. (The team was predicted to finish 19th, though, If I'm not mistaken.)

That was it. Board expectation is the one that matters for this kind of team talk, not media prediction :brock:.

2 minutes ago, CFuller said:

As if I didn't know it already, I have to admit now that I didn't choose the best option. :D

:D

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but for me at least, I am really enjoying the game. I have no issues with the UI, partly because I deal with a program that drives me crazy at work, and this one seems nicer. I never understood the big deal with extra clicking. Just me I guess. ME is playing fine, except a few little things that I am sure will get worked out in the next patch or 2. Getting used to scouting and rather like the way it is setup. I have played since day 1 of beta and usually try 3 or so hours a night so i think i have a good grasp of things. Hoping to take Werder Breman to European glory. I say just keep plugging away, the great game you love will show through eventually. It did for me. Great job SI.

Trevor L.

Sorry for asking guys, how many match for a player to be involved so if our team, let's say win the league, then the award as league winner will be shown in the player milestone? The reason I'm asking this question because I have some player that has 10 or more matches in the league but award as league winner didn't listed in their milestone. Thanks

26 minutes ago, Andi Makmur said:

Sorry for asking guys, how many match for a player to be involved so if our team, let's say win the league, then the award as league winner will be shown in the player milestone? The reason I'm asking this question because I have some player that has 10 or more matches in the league but award as league winner didn't listed in their milestone. Thanks

Check the real life rules for the league you are playing in

Is there anyway that I can change the screen between match highlights to only show two things? That or make it so I can actually see the overview where it shows the score, goalscorers, cards etc? Surely there must be a way to do this but I have been trying since the weekend to find widgets or a drop down list that allows this? 

17 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

Is there anyway that I can change the screen between match highlights to only show two things? That or make it so I can actually see the overview where it shows the score, goalscorers, cards etc? Surely there must be a way to do this but I have been trying since the weekend to find widgets or a drop down list that allows this? 

You should ask that in the skinning forum, there are different panels available.

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You should ask that in the skinning forum, there are different panels available.

Ok, but surely this is something that is an easy fix that I am missing, right? Even if people play with funky skins etc there is surely need and want for people to be able to see the match information without a tiny scroll down just so I can see goalscorers and yellow/red cards etc? 

Here we are with another awful example of bad ME, even more annoying because again it affects set pieces, by far the most flawed part of the ME...Wide free kick, defence placed, the opponent spots a mate free on the edge of the area and passes to him instead of crossing into the area. Suddenly, a crop of defenders keep running towards the middle of the pitch, apparently to close down the opponent receiving the ball, but as the action develops they just keep running without concerning about what's going on behind them...the latest 2 screenshots show a bunch of idiots running together towards the half line, with 8 opponents free to manage the ball around my area...is this a BUG or it's down to MY TACTICS??? I'd like that someone from SI at least say us that they're looking into such absurdities, they kill the game completely!!!

20171122112138_1.jpg

20171122112142_1.jpg

20171122112146_1.jpg

20171122112149_1.jpg

20171122112156_1.jpg

20171122112200_1.jpg

20171122113134_1.jpg

Just now, jam jameson said:

Here we are with another awful example of bad ME, even more annoying because again it affects set pieces, by far the most flawed part of the ME...Wide free kick, defence placed, the opponent spots a mate free on the edge of the area and passes to him instead of crossing into the area. Suddenly, a crop of defenders keep running towards the middle of the pitch, apparently to close down the opponent receiving the ball, but as the action develops they just keep running without concerning about what's going on behind them...the latest 2 screenshots show a bunch of idiots running together towards the half line, with 8 opponents free to manage the ball around my area...is this a BUG or it's down to MY TACTICS??? I'd like that someone from SI at least say us that they're looking into such absurdities, they kill the game completely!!!

They will look into it, if you post it in the match engine bugs forum rather than in the feedback thread.

1 hour ago, limey150781 said:

Here you go:

1 minute ago, limey150781 said:

Thanks. It looks a bit scary to be honest. I am old (well, mid 30's) and computer illiterate. Is there a download among that or will I have to edit things myself?

It's not old... I'm mid-30's :D 

It's quite straight forward, the download link is at the bottom on this page, and just follow the instructions:

https://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/Skins/fm18matchhightlightsmod

Just now, stevemc said:

It's not old... I'm mid-30's :D 

It's quite straight forward, the download link is at the bottom on this page, and just follow the instructions:

https://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/Skins/fm18matchhightlightsmod

Appreciate it. I'll give it a go when I get home from work and stagger to my computer on my zimmer frame.

I suffered a very bad freekick defending.

All my Players were left center side in the Box - all the Attackers were right center side in the Box (from Defender view) and had no trouble to score a Goal when they got he ball played to them as there was no defense at all against it as no one of my Players was anywhere near - they formed pretty much a ten man wall not even really placed between goal and ball bcs it was a freekick from a center Position outside the Box and easy to bypass.

Totaly hilarious...

Edited by Etebaer

4 hours ago, KUBI said:

They will look into it, if you post it in the match engine bugs forum rather than in the feedback thread.

@Kubi, thanks for your reply but frankly speaking why wasting time in posting the issue in the bugs section when many players have already done and the only answer I read is 'take your time to properly set up you set pieces routines'??? If you are not ready to agree that something is wrong with the ME, a bug in a broader view, it doesn't make sense posting it again and again

6 hours ago, jam jameson said:

To be fair, @KUBI, if that is a bug there is no way it should be in the finished game.

Plus the lino is looking the wrong way, and one of only 2 defenders is still managing to play a few people onside, so it's not even the worlds most extreme offside trap. :lol:

4 minutes ago, HemHat said:

To be fair, @KUBI, if that is a bug there is no way it should be in the finished game.

Plus the lino is looking the wrong way, and one of only 2 defenders is still managing to play a few people onside, so it's not even the worlds most extreme offside trap. :lol:

And if it is a bug, it doesn't matter whether it should or shouldn't be in the game (which it obviously shouldn't), it still needs to be reported with a pkm so they can actually look at it.  A screenshot proves nothing, and helps no-one.

On that defensive charge though - are they trying a flying V?

Image result for emilio estevez coach bombay

Edited by forameuss

10 minutes ago, forameuss said:

And if it is a bug, it doesn't matter whether it should or shouldn't be in the game (which it obviously shouldn't), it still needs to be reported with a pkm so they can actually look at it.  A screenshot proves nothing, and helps no-one.

On that defensive charge though - are they trying a flying V?

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for emilio estevez coach bombay

you're right in asking to 'help' by reporting tons of pkm, but since lot of other users have already reported it, I think that a pkm more is useless, even because SI doesn't seem too in charge with it, even a slight hint of work in progress would be appreciated...

Just now, jam jameson said:

you're right in asking to 'help' by reporting tons of pkm, but since lot of other users have already reported it, I think that a pkm more is useless, even because SI doesn't seem too in charge with it, even a slight hint of work in progress would be appreciated...

It doesn't matter if some people reported it. This isn't a set-piece set-up issue. You have a good example there of where players were too quick to go back to their position.

15 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It doesn't matter if some people reported it. This isn't a set-piece set-up issue. You have a good example there of where players were too quick to go back to their position.

I can see the point, what I can't understand is how on earth it is possible to have such 'example there of where players were too quick to go back to their position' still in the game, no testing on the ME? because even without a pkm to prove it, it's an issue arising in EVERY MATCH

3 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

I can see the point, what I can't understand is how on earth it is possible to have such 'example there of where players were too quick to go back to their position' still in the game, no testing on the ME? because even without a pkm to prove it, it's an issue arising in EVERY MATCH

If it's such a bad example, please report it. The more examples they have, the better they'll cover different situations.

2 hours ago, jam jameson said:

Screenshots don't contain code. Pkms do. That's why they are so valuable 

Guest El Payaso

I only hope that SI can fix the issues with defenders not marking anyone tightly when they receive the ball. Makes the ME really hard to watch when strikers can pick up all the long balls freely and wingers always have meters of space when they receive the ball. Of course there are also issues with marking in midfield too but this is quite well covered with lack of movement by the attacking side. 

Of course the ultimate solution would be that teams would actually defend as teams and by that would also be more likely to attack as a team but SI don't seem to want to do that and because of that there is huge distance between the striker(s) and the defense and because of that the whole thing is always going to be a big mess. 

But yeah not interested in writing all this stuff over and over again and reporting about the same issues in the bugs forum. 

Peace out. 

Well after playing through the Beta to now, I have to say I am loving this game. I dont have any problem with the UI and after getting used to the scouting, I am really enjoying the experience. Yes there are one or 2 bugs I have noticed, but they have been reported already. Keep up the good work SI and well done on another great release!

19 hours ago, jam jameson said:

I have never seen anything even remotely like that in FM18, so quite obviously it's not an issue arising in "every match". Send a pkm or stop complaining.

Looks like direct free kicks have taken a massive hit with the nerf bat. As Man Utd, with Pogba, Mata (and others) on free kick duty and 31 games played this season, we've scored a grand total of none. Zero, zip, zilch.

So I had a look at stats for the Premier League as a whole for the season and, with more than 600 games played, there have been a total of 9 goals from DFKs. Swansea top the table with two! At least we're in good company: Arsenal, Man City and Spurs have failed to convert any. Have to say that looks pretty unrealistic.

I'm wondering whether it's part and parcel of the general downgrade that finishing appears to have suffered (had one instance where Rashford was in the middle of the goal, two yards out, and he put it five yards wide!)

Just had another look and it's even weirder than I thought: Teams in the Championship have scored more than 40 goals from DFKs. Division 1 the same; Serie A clubs have more than 30 (Juventus alone has 7), and a similar story in France and Spain. Might be a problem unique to the Premiership.

3 hours ago, jam jameson said:

Thanks, I didn't remember I had to download and use filezilla, it takes a few time to go through the Whole process...

You don't have to, but it's what's recommended. I just use the Total Commander I use anyway as it has a feature to connect to FTP servers.

55 minutes ago, warlock said:

Looks like direct free kicks have taken a massive hit with the nerf bat. As Man Utd, with Pogba, Mata (and others) on free kick duty and 31 games played this season, we've scored a grand total of none. Zero, zip, zilch.

So I had a look at stats for the Premier League as a whole for the season and, with more than 600 games played, there have been a total of 9 goals from DFKs. Swansea top the table with two! At least we're in good company: Arsenal, Man City and Spurs have failed to convert any. Have to say that looks pretty unrealistic.

I'm wondering whether it's part and parcel of the general downgrade that finishing appears to have suffered (had one instance where Rashford was in the middle of the goal, two yards out, and he put it five yards wide!)

Just had another look and it's even weirder than I thought: Teams in the Championship have scored more than 40 goals from DFKs. Division 1 the same; Serie A clubs have more than 30 (Juventus alone has 7), and a similar story in France and Spain. Might be a problem unique to the Premiership.

yes have asked this to be fixed since beta and nothing! i havent scored any in serie a or EPL 

Edited by penza

11 minutes ago, penza said:

yes have asked this to be fixed since beta and nothing! i havent scored any in serie a or EPL 

Don't assume these things are easy and quick to fix though. If it was reported, it'll get reviewed. If it's under review, they'll look to improve it.

It's always good to look at teams in the rest of the league too though, just to make sure it's not only your team suffering.

11 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Don't assume these things are easy and quick to fix though. If it was reported, it'll get reviewed. If it's under review, they'll look to improve it.

It's always good to look at teams in the rest of the league too though, just to make sure it's not only your team suffering.

i edited my player with '20s' all over made no difference, unless i am missing something when building a tactic but in fm17 when you used a perfect player he would easily score 30-40 a season on free kicks alone which I dont want but there must be something not right 

2 minutes ago, penza said:

i edited my player with '20s' all over made no difference, unless i am missing something when building a tactic but in fm17 when you used a perfect player he would easily score 30-40 a season on free kicks alone which I dont want but there must be something not right 

Okay, but it doesn't look like you even reported it at all? You seem to have the perfect example SI can review.

2 hours ago, warlock said:

2 seasons in with Spurs and I'm yet to score from a DFK. Penalty conversion isn't much better. 

Side note - Have SI effect considered building a bug report tool into the game ? The whole having too dl 3rd party programmes to upload to a ftp has to be quite off putting to some. 

Something that could package the pkm and upload from within the client would be great.