Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

Just now, Neil Brock said:

If you load up your beta save and have the tactic already selected as one of the 'three' tactics via the Tactics page, you'll be able to save them as .fmf's and load them in other saves. 

:/ ok...thanks i ve like 10 tactics lost then -_-

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Hibs1875 said:

Game is completly unplayable for me.  Cant change players roles on tactics board without clicking two or three times on each occasion. 

So to clarify, if you click what happens? The player role popup doesn't appear? Can you raise this on our UI forums please? 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

saves

Would you mind looking into the In Game Editor problem? We are quite a few now who have bought it without it showing up..
Ive paid for it twice now, gotten two email confirmations for purchase.  There is a thread in the front page. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Would you mind looking into the In Game Editor problem? We are quite a few now who have bought it without it showing up..
Ive paid for it twice now, gotten two email confirmations for purchase.  There is a thread in the front page. Thanks.

Delete the cache and the preferences and restart the game.

Screenshots now work fine on my 1360x768 resolution. Can't say I'm happy with tactics screen though:

5a04f48824e1a_ACFFiorentina_Overview.thumb.png.3b1fe913c5c049fadfcd370b1be27f82.png

I do get the split view now, but I can only see one tactic instead of all three, no subs column and no positives/negatives in this screen. Also still cannot dock widgets during the match to re-create a split view there. Never imagined resolution to cause this kind of limitations for a game like this. Very disappointing, mostly because there was never a hint about this

56 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Aye mate cheers. I should have included the whole picture - Got this whole massive green space that the pitch and, more importantly, the subs could expand into so that there wouldn't need to be a scroll bar. Hiding the subs behind a scrollbar to keep that prime empty green space is a total nonsense and was logged during beta. 

33233.png

The reason why it likely wasn't changed is because that space is actually used after you have played a match and you seem to be playing in a very high resolution which gives you an extreme example. For example playing at 1920x1080 that bottom space is all filled once you have played a match so their isn't the space for the subs to expand:

capture_001_10112017_004432.thumb.png.0ace7ded42118455f204746d1ad1bae2.png

2 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The reason why it likely wasn't changed is because that space is actually used after you have played a match and you seem to be playing in a very high resolution which gives you an extreme example. For example playing at 1920x1080 that bottom space is all filled once you have played a match so their isn't the space for the subs to expand:

Although I take severe issue with the idea that in this day and age 4k is an extreme resolution, I do appreciate that it works as intended for the vast majority of users. Disappointed that something couldn't have been worked out for ever-growing number of people using good resolutions though.

I'm out of upvotes but have one in spirit, cheers for the response.

Edited by Per Annum

8 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Screenshots now work fine on my 1360x768 resolution. Can't say I'm happy with tactics screen though:

5a04f48824e1a_ACFFiorentina_Overview.thumb.png.3b1fe913c5c049fadfcd370b1be27f82.png

I do get the split view now, but I can only see one tactic instead of all three, no subs column and no positives/negatives in this screen. Also still cannot dock widgets during the match to re-create a split view there. Never imagined resolution to cause this kind of limitations for a game like this. Very disappointing, mostly because there was never a hint about this

It's worth logging that in the bugs forum as the other info in the right panel appears at lower resolutions so it looks like it could be a bug rather than intentional.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

@Neil Brock the IGE seems to be a problem as its not showing up. I bought it via Steam Page, I hope you guys look into that.

We're looking into this at the moment.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, edk77 said:

Demo is showing error of missing executable fm.exe

1.jpg

What platform are you on? 32 bit Windows?

10 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Delete the cache and the preferences and restart the game.

Did as You told @KUBI 

Even uninstalled the game entirely by deleting these two folders

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018

and reinstalled it to clear up the things, but it didn't work at all :( 

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Hi, if you post this in the bugs forum we'll be able to take a closer look into why it's happening. There have been changes made between beta and now for the tactics view to improve overall usability but there may well be a problem here.

There is definitely no resolution limits on being able to create a split view/dock widgets, though, so if you're unable to please post a thread and we'll try and explain why.

47 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Do you have a screenshot? Are you running anything custom? 

May be worth raising a thread in the Match Engine forums. Thanks. 

Appears to have just been an issue in the beta save I was testing at the time. Started a new save and its fine. Not sure. Didn't plan on keeping those saves anyway, so not a big deal.

Only thing I see left over from what I raised in the bug forum for the beta is the sound issue. But I don't mind playing without sound until that is fixed.

8 minutes ago, Jack Deal said:

Hi, if you post this in the bugs forum we'll be able to take a closer look into why it's happening. There have been changes made between beta and now for the tactics view to improve overall usability but there may well be a problem here.

There is definitely no resolution limits on being able to create a split view/dock widgets, though, so if you're unable to please post a thread and we'll try and explain why.

Thanks.

I can't seem to dock any widget during the game. Don't even see that icon. Here's what I can see during match:

5a04fe0cb78e9_LaziovFiorentina_MatchPitch.thumb.png.2cc6e45fdd0bfb2b732616b52389b509.png

I can add various widgets but can only seem to move them, minimize or maximize them manually. Maybe there's something I'm failing to understand here.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Thanks.

I can't seem to dock any widget during the game. Don't even see that icon. Here's what I can see during match:

5a04fe0cb78e9_LaziovFiorentina_MatchPitch.thumb.png.2cc6e45fdd0bfb2b732616b52389b509.png

I can add various widgets but can only seem to move them, minimize or maximize them manually. Maybe there's something I'm failing to understand here.

When you're moving the widget around, there should be four icons that appear - at the top, left, right, and bottom of the pitch area - and if you drag onto one of those it will "dock" the widget. They're only visible when you're moving the widget.

1 minute ago, warlock said:

Just a quick word of thanks to all the mods, and everyone at SI. Must be totally manic right now, but some of us appreciate the work you're doing now - and the work done leading up to tonight.:applause:

100%! Must be an incredibly hectic night!

2 minutes ago, vlada28 said:

Demo is NOT working! Missing executable fm.exe.. Tried to verify integrity, everything is fine, but it is not working! And if you look at FM 2018 demo folder, there is NOT fm.exe file!!

SI staff have acknowledged this issue and are investigating at the moment so please bear with them

1 minute ago, Pizza Lips said:

Black ball on 2d is making the game very unenjoyable. Can't see myself persevering with it if it stays like this.

No played in 2D , but can you nit change the ball colour in preferences under the interface tab?

Just now, Exius said:

I've purchased In-game editor via Steam as downloadable content but it doesn't appear in the game and if I go to the store in game it still suggests me to purchase the editor once again...

SI are investigating this at the moment

Been playing the beta for the past two weeks. Just given the full release a couple of hours and I'm happy:

- Its much snappier with no lag anymore, especially the match engine

- Alot of the problems I had with the interface have now gone

- Glad to see regens in existing saves now have faces and I have to say I'm impressed with them overall

- Maybe imagining it, but feels like scout meetings are returning more relevant players

- But best of all my tactics are all still working effectively. :)

Edited by Robioto

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, El Payaso said:

But nothing in terms of CA/PA for players? 

Everything data-wise was considered including some CA/PA changes where considered appropriate. We do not have a database changelist as there was a lot of work done. 

The information widgets in a match are buggy aS hell. Can't seem to pin them without the grey box disappearing or freezing. . This is true for all 4 sides of the screen where you pin the widgets to the sides. Please take a look at this thanks. There should be   reset button or collapse all widgets. Once it gets stuck I can't move or drag them.