Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

Enjoying the game.

A small thing, I keep subbing the wrong player at half time, you have to click slightly above the player you want to replace or it subs the player below.

Not a big deal but there doesn't appear to be a way to 'undo' half time substitutions when you make an error.

Also, giving an individual player post match team talk now takes 3 clicks instead of one. Starts to grate after a while.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Enjoying the game.

A small thing, I keep subbing the wrong player at half time, you have to click slightly above the player you want to replace or it subs the player below.

Not a big deal but there doesn't appear to be a way to 'undo' half time substitutions when you make an error.

Also, giving an individual player post match team talk now takes 3 clicks instead of one. Starts to grate after a while.

I've noticed that when I drag a sub in the sub list it's not where the dragged icon is that the sub occurs but rather where the mouse pointer is. Is that what you mean?

Regarding individual player team talks, the good thing about this is that you can click multiple players in one go and tell them the same thing instead of having to do it one by one.

10 hours ago, FrazT said:

I think this is the last piece of input from the AM and will remain there till the next input from him?

So it stays on the screen even once the game has ended and you're in "review", and overlaps the setting cog? Plus, it still allows me to change who is taking the pen.

Does not seem intentional...

Edited by stevemc

8 minutes ago, stevemc said:

So it stays on the screen even once the game has ended and you're in "review", and overlaps the setting cog? Plus, it still allows me to change who is taking the pen.

Does not seem intentional...

Report it in the Bugs forum if there is any doubt.

59 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Enjoying the game.

There's no need to undo half time substitutions, you can fix your error just by trying again. It works differently than during the match, where you actually have to undo if you make an error.

8 minutes ago, Glenn Wakeford said:

This has been in the game for years already - Home -> My Profile -> Go On Holiday -> Next Match or Next Squad Selection.

yes but holiday is flawed as if one of your players want to talk to you, on holiday they will be ignored and then the whole squad will be unhappy, there has been many threads about this 

28 minutes ago, penza said:

yes but holiday is flawed as if one of your players want to talk to you, on holiday they will be ignored and then the whole squad will be unhappy, there has been many threads about this 

The level of interaction at national level is significantly lower than club level and this is far, far less likely to happen.

It wouldn't be possible to skip the game forward without other things happening, as that would go against the linear nature of time.

The more I play the game the more I get bored...more than 80% of the goals coming from set pieces, both for ad adverse...when selecting the level of the highlights, if you choose 'comprehensive' you're submerged by useless offside actions, if you choose 'extensive' then you get almost 100% set pieces, on the long term this is going to be really really annoying

37 minutes ago, penza said:

Have you tried using the Continue Game Timeout options from the Processing -> Interface menu as this should speed up your progression through the days but stop on must respond items unlike the holiday option. (also an option their to reduce the processing breaks).

I like saving the match overviews, so I am not too happy/keen on this screen.

PPpJ86.jpg

I feel the middle info is too narrow, would be better if it was made wider, just looks squashed when there is clearly enough room for it to be wider.

ZLPjLD.jpg

12 hours ago, szp said:

I wrote about offsides and now the next problem - crossing. This is my post from Bugs Section:

Anybody experienced something like that? How does it look like in your games? Maybe such problems occur also in other leagues than German? :)

+1. 

Guest El Payaso
5 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

It's part of the scout report. I'm no sure what your issue is with it ?

In scout report it's okay as I think it's an assumption from the scout of the roles but in match screen you can see the actual roles which is solely silly thing. 

I've been playing the FM18 demo for a week or so. Right now, nothing is convincing me to buy the full game. More significantly, I'm finding the User Interface to be very off-putting; it's the most unwieldy and least intuitive it has ever been in FM.

I cannot stand the new in-match tactics screen. After years of using a vertical pitch, FM switching to a horizontal pitch just does my head in. It's not just that, though. The buttons for stuff like setting opposition instructions and even confirming changes are not prominent enough, and there's no way to quickly look at my players' attributes unless I actually go into their profiles.

It does take an extra click to revert to the classic vertical-pitch tactics screen, but I wish I had the option to go to that screen directly, instead of having to go through the new screen first. I also wish that the role suitability circles did not disappear from that screen when I made substitutions or simply moved players around.

I also don't like the extra effort required to go into a full match report. I have to go into 'Analysis', click on the small 'Match Ratings' text just below, and then click 'Report' in the screen that then pops up. How was I supposed to know that I had to do that?

As discussed previously by so many, setting team talks has become a lot more complicated, and - again - I don't like that you need to make more clicks to do so.

There are other complaints that I have, but I might save them for another day. In the meantime, I think I've discovered a bug...

My Bristol City team were playing Aston Villa, and both teams had to take a player off in first-half injury time after a collision. Neil Taylor came off injured for Villa, and they brought Chris Samba on as a substitute. However, Samba was then substituted himself at half-time, having played only a few minutes. He wasn't injured or fatigued.

Can you submit bug reports if you are playing the demo? If you can, then I'll submit a bug report for that later tonight.

Anyone else encountered a glitched Carabao Cup in the second season?

I won my first round match but the second round draw never occurred. On the calendar it just keeps getting pushed back to the next day but never happens. I got to the date the second round games should have been and still nothing. Now my calendar is showing that the draw for the second round and third round should occur on successive days but neither ever does.

Went back to a save a couple of days after the first round game which is the earliest save I have and the problem keeps occurring so seemingly no way around it for me. Anyone had the same thing or is it just me?  

9 hours ago, Glenn Wakeford said:

The level of interaction at national level is significantly lower than club level and this is far, far less likely to happen.

It wouldn't be possible to skip the game forward without other things happening, as that would go against the linear nature of time.

Whatever happened to timey wimey? ( or whatever the Doctor calls it)

Edited by MoxeysTheName

Why are players so bad at penalties? Missed my last three, I don't expect to score penalties now. It's strange considering the high percentage of penalty goals that are scored. The odd miss or here fine but it seems like you're more likely to miss a penalty than actually score. In some throwaway save I had one game where there were 3 penalties and they were all missed?

Edited by BlueAnderson

Just now, BlueAnderson said:

Why are players so bad at penalties? Missed my last three, I don't expect to score penalties now. It's strange considering the high percentage of penalty goals that are scored. The odd miss or here fine but it seems like you're more likely to miss a penalty than actually score. In some throwaway saves I had one game where there were 3 penalties and they were all missed?

As I speak - been awarded another penalty which is missed again by a good technical player (Giuseppe Rossi, 16 at penalties). I just don't understand?

1 minute ago, BlueAnderson said:

Why are players so bad at penalties? Missed my last three, I don't expect to score penalties now. It's strange considering the high percentage of penalty goals that are scored. The odd miss or here fine but it seems like you're more likely to miss a penalty than actually score. In some throwaway saves I had one game where there were 3 penalties and they were all missed?

If you think this is wrong, post it in the bugs forums and upload pkms.

Just had a scouting meeting report dump down in my inbox.
I received a report on a player i've added to my shortlist, discarded AND acknowledged.
He's been 100% scouted for a long time but still they give me a report on him, all the time.
Why?
They even sent me his report card twice in the same scouting meeting report.
Doesn't really seem like it matters what i click on those report cards.
I still get them. Is that what is meant to happen?

Edited by roykela

55 minutes ago, BlueAnderson said:

As I speak - been awarded another penalty which is missed again by a good technical player (Giuseppe Rossi, 16 at penalties). I just don't understand?

Not having a problem in that area at all. Playing as West Ham and Mark Noble is as reliable at penalties in game as IRL (if not more so). Can understand your frustration though, sometimes 'random luck' factors in FM seem to get stuck at one value - I can't score direct free kicks at all.

Edited by rp1966

Third season just started. Well, pre season just started. Squad just came back from holiday. Two days in and my backup right back is demanding to speak with me about his lack of first team football. Really? We haven't even played a friendly yet. How can you be upset about your lack of something no one else has even done either? This is stupid. He even made 12 starts last year as a backup (only 32 leagues games). So how could there be any built up frustration. Also, there shouldn't be carry over for things like this with players. Each season is completely different. For all he knows hes going to be the first choice this season. Maybe the starter will get sold, or break his leg. Super stupid to have to deal with this stuff two days into the pre season.

3 minutes ago, ceta96 said:

Am ı only one who find stadiums are very unrealistic? There are many exit door in one tribune. Fans look like in concert area

:(( more than 5 exit door with big stairs. Annoying

IMG_8616.PNG

potential bug perhaps...

1st season as Man United in Feb...

19 games into the under 18's league when you go to stats: player overview player detailed there is zero information so it is like there hasn't been a league game played.

Annoying as I want to see best performing players in the under 18 league this season.

when i check under 23's its fine as all data is displayed.

2 hours ago, rdbayly said:

This is what I was referring to in my earlier post: 

This is really annoying and happening way too much for me. A lot of my goals against come from a totally free attacker from a set piece. Don't really understand how something like this can make it into the full release of the game.

1 minute ago, Kazza said:

HY

Can one of you experts explain this to me. It seems very confusing and contradictory:

http://prntscr.com/hbw895

You currently have high intensity training which increases the likelihood of an injury to certain players.  I'm not sure what's confusing about it. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You currently have high intensity training which increases the likelihood of an injury to certain players.  I'm not sure what's confusing about it. 

It is obviously me not understanding but I have only high training on balance pre-season? Individual is set to average? 

1 minute ago, Kazza said:

It is obviously me not understanding but I have only high training on balance pre-season? Individual is set to average? 

Overall training load is 'heavy', that's a mixture of team and individual. Shouldn't be too much of an issue if it's pre-season so long as your pre-season games aren't also played at high intensity. 

14 minutes ago, Sticx said:

This is really annoying and happening way too much for me. A lot of my goals against come from a totally free attacker from a set piece. Don't really understand how something like this can make it into the full release of the game.

It even happened in one of the games of the YouTube content creator's cup, and there's £5k at stake in that. It makes a mockery of the whole game. 

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Overall training load is 'heavy', that's a mixture of team and individual. Shouldn't be too much of an issue if it's pre-season so long as your pre-season games aren't also played at high intensity. 

Thank you that makes sense. I can now see that and as you say pre season ok as long as I can keep an eye on training and reduce when it comes to actual start of season. Trying to control training as opposed to handing it over is an added dimension, which I quite like re the challenge.